Getting a Handle on Shootings and Cri...

Getting a Handle on Shootings and Crime in Chicago

Posted in the Chicago Forum

Tom Harrison

Oak Forest, IL

#1 Aug 9, 2014
Since when has it become acceptable for Teens and Young Adults to "Post" themselves on corners in residential communities? I hear and understand that our people need jobs, but allowing them to veg out on corners while others go to work doesn't help matters. They are able to case when people leave and return home. Seemingly, they are on the streets all day, and knowing you have a job and, more than likely, something of value in your home, do you honestly think they wouldn't try burglarizing your home or even robbing you? In a commercial setting or an apartment building maybe this would be allowable, but should not be permitted in an area where people pay high Chicago Property taxes. If they are selling Drugs get them off the corners in your neighborhood. In 9 out of 10 cases this is the reason for the shootings. The police should stop and check if they even live in the area. This would deter Posting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Dr Guru 214,579
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min sonicfilter 1,383,825
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 34 min Analog man 8,454
News Leaders pleading for peace in Chicago after wav... 1 hr Jeff Davis 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Alfred the early ... 59,537
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 2,446
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr GEORGIA 6,177
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) Sat Sublime1 102,044
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages