Abby 9-10

Posted in the Chicago Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of70
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Sep 10, 2013
 
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
This has got to be one of the dumbest things you ever said.
You obviously don't understand the mindset of a junkie. If they have no problem shooting themselves up, they aren't going to have a problem sharing drugs with a fellow junkie. It's a disease.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Sep 11, 2013
 
Mister Tonka wrote:
You equated it to a non-alcoholic giving an alcoholic a drink. This is a ludicrous analogy. How many non-drug users do you know who feed dope to a user?
I equated no such thing. Where did I ever make reference about a NON alcoholic or NON drug user?

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Sep 11, 2013
 
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously don't understand the mindset of a junkie. If they have no problem shooting themselves up, they aren't going to have a problem sharing drugs with a fellow junkie. It's a disease.
Yeah, I pretty much said the exact same thing, dummy.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Sep 11, 2013
 
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously don't understand the mindset of a junkie. If they have no problem shooting themselves up, they aren't going to have a problem sharing drugs with a fellow junkie. It's a disease.
Which is why people who are trying to stay clean and sober have to give up those friends/relatives because you'll just get sucked right back into drug use.

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Sep 11, 2013
 
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I equated no such thing. Where did I ever make reference about a NON alcoholic or NON drug user?
You made the analogy to somehowplace fault on the one providing the drugs/booze. Only a fool would hold one alcoholic responsible for another drinking. I assumed you were not a fool and therefore equating to a non-alchy providing drinks to an alchy. I won't make the assumption that you're not a fool anymore.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Sep 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Oh enough of the Sublime length posts....

Dog, let me break this down into little words for you.

Its cause Stina is smoking hot and we like her.
You are a smoking hot dog turd and we dont like you.

No need to thank me, just doing my job!
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me respond to this one.
The reason you have been jumped on is that your opinions are stated in inflammatory and deliberately provocative ways; your posts are belligerent and you are quick to put labels on people that, while they may be accurate, have nothing to do with the subject at hand and which you clearly use in a pejorative way.
For example,you have crossed boundaries, even for Topix discussions, and even though the other party backed down, you did not. So that there is no misunderstanding I am talking about you and Mimi. You have therefore primed the group to expect a type of response from you, to strike back when you make it.
Think of it this way. You say "Bite me" and the group responds, "Chomp".
If you didn't expect that, then you are out of awareness of how your posts are perceived -- which I doubt-- and/or you continue the same way regardless. If you have been surprised by this up to now,learn it for the future.
If you want to be treated better, consider the style in which you express your opinions and your willingness to consider that other people have different opinions without flaming or tossing stereotype labels on them for it.
Here's another clue: insistence on literal accuracy ( show me where I said that, etc) smacks of 3rd grade school yard stuff. You are being treated accordingly. You don't like it? Change.
Try responding to substance instead of barbs. After a while, the barbs look juvenile all on their own without any help from you.
The substance is all yours.I ,for one, wouldn't have that part of you any other way, but Dog, you are buying your own grief here.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Sep 11, 2013
 
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I pretty much said the exact same thing, dummy.
No you didn't:
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a pretty insensitive thing to say about someone with a drug addiction.
You don't give booze to an alcoholic, you don't give drugs to junkies.
There is obviously some disconnect with you when it comes to understanding how junkies who hang out with each other behave.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Sep 11, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why people who are trying to stay clean and sober have to give up those friends/relatives because you'll just get sucked right back into drug use.
Exactly.

I'm also not one of these people who blame drug dealers or junkie friends when someone ODs. If there is to be blame, and really I don't even think blame is the appropriate term, it should be on the person who voluntarily used the drugs that killed them.

It's called personal accountability. Given how right-wing edog is, I'm surprised he fails to appreciate this. I think he must be a closet liberal that is self-hating, which is why he bashes them ... its the same dynamic with a lot of closet gays...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Sep 11, 2013
 
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
I'm also not one of these people who blame drug dealers or junkie friends when someone ODs. If there is to be blame, and really I don't even think blame is the appropriate term, it should be on the person who voluntarily used the drugs that killed them.
.
I feel the same way about drunk driving: IF four frends go out and get drunk together every weekend, and each weekend they take turns being the driver (not sober driver), and there's a crash, I don't think you should get to sue the driver -- that could have been YOU, and when the night started, you knew you'd all be drinking and one of you would be driving. You signed up for that when the night started.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Sep 11, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel the same way about drunk driving: IF four frends go out and get drunk together every weekend, and each weekend they take turns being the driver (not sober driver), and there's a crash, I don't think you should get to sue the driver -- that could have been YOU, and when the night started, you knew you'd all be drinking and one of you would be driving. You signed up for that when the night started.
I agree. BUT they could sue you so if you are driving you better stay sober or have money in your pocket for a cab or hotel room nearby (or some kind of back-up plan).

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Sep 11, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel the same way about drunk driving: IF four frends go out and get drunk together every weekend, and each weekend they take turns being the driver (not sober driver), and there's a crash, I don't think you should get to sue the driver -- that could have been YOU, and when the night started, you knew you'd all be drinking and one of you would be driving. You signed up for that when the night started.
I agree with that too.

There was a newsman in Chicago who died on a snowmobile trip with his buddy who was driving the snowmobile in Wisconsin or the UP and his buddy was being charged, but the wife did not want him to be. Her husband knew they had been drinking, he got on the snowmobile anyway, and assumed the risk.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Sep 11, 2013
 
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a pretty insensitive thing to say about someone with a drug addiction.
You don't give booze to an alcoholic, you don't give drugs to junkies.
Here you are preety much implying "non-alcoholic". Either way, addict or not, he took the lethal dose. No one forced him. It's not insensitive. It's a fact.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Sep 11, 2013
 
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. BUT they could sue you so if you are driving you better stay sober or have money in your pocket for a cab or hotel room nearby (or some kind of back-up plan).
Absolutely. And if you injure or kill a friend while you're driving, that firend may not sue you... but his parents or insurance company will, to recoup what they've lost on your medical expenses.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Sep 11, 2013
 
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with that too.
There was a newsman in Chicago who died on a snowmobile trip with his buddy who was driving the snowmobile in Wisconsin or the UP and his buddy was being charged, but the wife did not want him to be. Her husband knew they had been drinking, he got on the snowmobile anyway, and assumed the risk.
i hadn't heard about the widow not wanting the charges filed, but i'm betting that it's the state that has the final say... the friend was snowmobiling drunk, and if hte state law says "no operating a motor vehcile, snowmobile, ATV, boat or any similar device while under the influence", tehn teh widow has no say in it... filing civil suits or not is entirely in her court, though.(not sure if hte pun is fully intended or not...)

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Sep 11, 2013
 
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
i hadn't heard about the widow not wanting the charges filed, but i'm betting that it's the state that has the final say...
"It was a tragic accident," she said, telling a reporter outside her home that she was still trying to understand it. "I have no ill feelings toward [Hirschey]. It was just tragic."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2008-01-26...
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>tehn teh widow has no say in it...
Yes, I know.
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>filing civil suits or not is entirely in her court, though.(not sure if hte pun is fully intended or not...)
yes, I know.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Sep 11, 2013
 
She even wrote a letter to the judge asking him not to be sent to jail. He got 3 years of probation:

http://articles.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009-...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Sep 11, 2013
 
The family of the deceased or injured person often does have a lot of say in how the guilty person is charged and even his sentencing.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Sep 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Sublime1 wrote:
There is obviously some disconnect with you when it comes to understanding how junkies who hang out with each other behave.
No there isn't. Obviously you are a moron.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Sep 11, 2013
 
Mister Tonka wrote:
You made the analogy to somehowplace fault on the one providing the drugs/booze. Only a fool would hold one alcoholic responsible for another drinking. I assumed you were not a fool and therefore equating to a non-alchy providing drinks to an alchy. I won't make the assumption that you're not a fool anymore.
If I give a drink to an alcoholic, I am just as responsible for his drinking. If I give drugs to a junkie, I am responsible for contributing to his problem. There is even a push by some lawmakers, and may even be on the books in places, about holding doctors accountable for legally prescribing drugs to people who obviously have a problem and end up dying.

I agree with such a law. Something must be done about this epidemic of prescription drug abuse.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Sep 11, 2013
 
Stina2 wrote:
No one forced him.
No one HAD to. Don't you get it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of70
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min STEFANO COLONNA 64,981
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 34 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,033,725
snapchat gay names 59 min Aussieboy123 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 167,404
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 42,937
Who Dodged the SHOE Better? 3 hr throw more shoes 16
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr prognosticator 96,013
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••