dear abby 10-11
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
pde

Palatine, IL

#43 Oct 15, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
And wht if you drop something in your lap, you won't have a napkin to protect your clothes! Huh, huh?:D
I can say I have no recollection of ever dropping any food in my lap over at least the past ten years. Probably in my entire adult life.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#44 Oct 15, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
And wht if you drop something in your lap, you won't have a napkin to protect your clothes! Huh, huh?:D
i can probably count one hand the number of times i recall droppin something on my lap.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#45 Oct 15, 2013
YOu are both neater than me!!!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#46 Oct 15, 2013
I have been known to go through a couple of napkins per meal. I don't know if I'm just sloppy or I get distracted or what, but if I'm out at a restaurant the napkin goes in the lap and the waitperson is asked to bring more.

But in all honesty, what I could really use is a bib. You see, I have this ledge that food usually hits *before* it gets to the napkin in my lap. Tide Pens are my best friend.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#47 Oct 15, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>Huh. And I would never think of doing otherwise! If there is a napkin, paper or cloth (except maybe at a fast food place), it's in my lap. Even at work! I guess my parents really ingrained it!
I always put my napkin in my lap as soon as I sit down, but my MIL always gives me a second napkin since she doesn't see one next to my plate. You'd think that after 17 years of Sunday dinner we would have this figured out ;)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#48 Oct 15, 2013
I have never really paid attention to where I put my napkin. I know sometimes its on my lap, other times its being held in my hand while I eat, and sometimes its retrieved and tossed on the table during a meal.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#49 Oct 15, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I always put my napkin in my lap as soon as I sit down, but my MIL always gives me a second napkin since she doesn't see one next to my plate. You'd think that after 17 years of Sunday dinner we would have this figured out ;)
Funny - you'd think she'd notice it after awhile!!!

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#50 Oct 15, 2013
squishymama wrote:
I have been known to go through a couple of napkins per meal. I don't know if I'm just sloppy or I get distracted or what, but if I'm out at a restaurant the napkin goes in the lap and the waitperson is asked to bring more.
But in all honesty, what I could really use is a bib. You see, I have this ledge that food usually hits *before* it gets to the napkin in my lap. Tide Pens are my best friend.
I took my daughter to lunch after the dentist yesterday adn her mouth was numb. She drank some chocoalte milk then was talkign to me with milk running down her chin onto her shirt - she didn't know because she couldn't feel it! It was so funny!
Julie

Chicago, IL

#52 Oct 15, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Wuss. I don't care who's kids you are. You're at my table, you're following my etiquette rules.
Oh Dog, honey, you certainly talk a good game. <roflmao>
But there are still a few people here who remember your pathetic inability to stand up to the teenage girl who was living in your house a few years ago and doing whatever the hell she wanted, whenever the hell she wanted, with whoever the hell she wanted. She completely ignored your rules. You didn't have the balls to say "boo" to her.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#53 Oct 16, 2013
<Snerk!>
Julie wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Dog, honey, you certainly talk a good game. <roflmao>
But there are still a few people here who remember your pathetic inability to stand up to the teenage girl who was living in your house a few years ago and doing whatever the hell she wanted, whenever the hell she wanted, with whoever the hell she wanted. She completely ignored your rules. You didn't have the balls to say "boo" to her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min Into The Night 58,840
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr OzRitz 1,374,637
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 213,135
Amanda Wilson (Gulley) 2 hr Done lost it 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr SweLL GirL 8,096
has anyone ever had sex with an animal? (Jul '12) 3 hr Raydot 6
Ask Amy 4-30-16 3 hr Raydot 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages