First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#41 Feb 6, 2014
I totally agree that a person of a faith should be able to debate the merits of their convictions., but that was not what was presented. Someone slandered the diety of a particular faith, which is fine in my book ujless that person rials against someone doing the same to them.
When a person professes to be a champion against injustice and bigotry, then I expect them to champion it against all examples of such crimes, and not to ecxlude themselvef when measured against the same.
I know her comments were done in pun,but that does not excuse the fact that she dissed something that others hold very dear and their belief that a god made flesh gave himself up to show others that heaven was attainiable and that their god did indeed hear their cry for a sign of his existence.
Like I said, I can get bashed for a lot of things, but I never stomp on someones faith. You can believe that the martians talk to you thru your blender, and I would only applaude your ability to hear them over the whirrrr.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno. I believe you can ask questions on any religion and ask why things are like this or that and what they believe. Looking at the religion is different than vilifying the actual people.
Well, take Christianity strictly at face value and the whole crusades was about killing.
If you can't have a discussion about a religion, strictly has an outsider may see it, I personally feel you can't be that faithful. I would think those would welcome the outsider looking at things, asking questions. I would think it would be that window of opportunity to explain WHY things are that way.
I grew up in an absolutely Catholic environment -- Catholic school and all. Never did understand why Catholicism taught their followers to vilify those who had religions where they had idols and how wrong that is b/c it wasn't in their way -- yet each Easter we had to do the Stations of the Cross to a whole bunch of statutes or a whole procession and give flowers to Mary and idolizing her and statutes were everywhere in the Church with candles before them.
Never did get a straight answer on that one.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#42 Feb 7, 2014
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
There's an F-bomb in Beetlejuice? I don't remember that at all...
Yeah, IIRC, it's when they first meet Beetlejuice and he's in that little town. I was surprised at the language, too! I didn't remember that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 29 min Grey Ghost 1,127,024
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 49 min jacques Ottawa 179,447
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Bite Me 50,643
very cute unuasual pix 5 hr ALL GOOD 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr Mandela 68,666
omnipods boxes for sale 6 hr thanxlord 1
Amy 10-24 6 hr Mister Tonka 12
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]