What Does ISIS Really Stand For?

Posted in the Chicago Forum

David Stansfield

North York, Canada

#1 Jun 27, 2014
What Does ISIS Really Stand For?

Sham’s roots run very deep – and very dangerously

by David Stansfield | Counterpunch | June 27, 2014

The Islamic extremists known as ISIS are a great deal more dangerous than most of us realize. The reason for this is hidden in plain sight in the name itself: ISIS. In English, this stands for Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, but that’s not what it stands for in Arabic: ad-Dawlat al-Islamiyya fī’l-‘Iraq wa’sh-Sham: The Islamic State in Iraq and Ash-Sham.

The crucial difference is the word Sham, a word that resonates in the Arabic-speaker’s mind on multiple levels. To see why, let’s step into a time machine. All we have to do is start to read any passage of written Arabic, and we find ourselves traveling down that passage, all the way back to a certain day in the Arabian desert circa 630 A.D. It doesn’t matter whether what we are reading is from a novel or from today’s headlines, it is — and always will be — written in exactly the self-same Arabic, letter for letter and dot for dot, that was used almost 1,400 years ago.

To know more, read more http://www.infowars.com/what-does-isis-really...
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#2 Jul 2, 2014
no one gives a big fat rats rear end what it means as long as muslims keep killing other muslims.

these religious muslim nuts been killing other muslim religious nuts since the year 650 ad when the moron in charge of this dysfunctional mess died and left no leadership protocol.

but the muslims were so dumb so uneducated they just were not smart enough to sit a table and rationally decide the leadership issue like adults.

Instead they began a war that has gone on since the year 850 ad when a leader ship conference failed when the leader at that time was stabbed in the back killed dead by the other faction of the muslims morons.

so suni & shietes been killing each other over leadership since 850ad.

anyone know how many moron muslims been killed by other moron muslims? Bet its a real big number.
Hope they keep up the good work,

As a Christian I love it when a muslim bombs a mosque at prayer time or shopping market killing other muslim while they pray or shop for daily bread.

Hope the moron muslims keep up the good work and keep on killing their own. God those people are dumb.

Guess that's why they were chosen to be muslims they were the dumbest animals in the desert they make good sheep follow what ever a moron leader tells them.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#3 Jul 7, 2014
I'm not sure what it stands for; I'm to deep in thought with other things!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Chris 1,293,226
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 198,625
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Will paint for food 100,875
Amy 10-8-15 7 hr Kuuipo 15
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 hr Trunketeer 6,608
Review: B52 Van Lines 14 hr JavierWu 9
Abby 10-8-15 18 hr Mister Tonka 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages