of 4
Next Last

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#61 Oct 12, 2012
Judge Janie wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I'm finding this topic and discussion really interesting, partly because I have a different feel about it and am now wondering if I'm the strange one. To me, personally, I've never liked getting such compliments, although I've certainly always been polite about it and don't overreact or get too sensitive. It just makes me feel really uncomfortable. But maybe that's just me. I wouldn't care if hubby gave such compliments to others, but he generally doesn't. Because of his position, I think it makes him a little nervous about being misunderstood.
There is no one size fits all way to interact with people. Some guy compliments evernone, including you, and you might be the odd one out who feels uncomfortable. Go somewhere else and there's a guy who never compliments anyone, someone's gonna be upset that he's not very friendly.

Since: Oct 09

Wagner, SD

#62 Oct 12, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>There is no one size fits all way to interact with people. Some guy compliments evernone, including you, and you might be the odd one out who feels uncomfortable. Go somewhere else and there's a guy who never compliments anyone, someone's gonna be upset that he's not very friendly.
Very true. There are some things where you just can't win. I feel sorry for a lot of men nowadays, not knowing how what they say will be taken and/or if they'll be "punished" for it.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#63 Oct 12, 2012
Also, I think we need to learn to accept compliments more politely and graciously. I know I'm not great about it.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#64 Oct 12, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Also, I think we need to learn to accept compliments more politely and graciously.
Dam straight. Dude can't even compliment a woman without her thinking he's trying to get her in the sack.

"That's a nice sweater."

"I have a boyfriend! Leave me alone, you creep!"

Eff you btches. Quit thinking that every guy who's nice to you is trying to get into your pants. Get over yourselves, you ain't all that.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#65 Oct 12, 2012
Yanno, I could almost get on board with that if it did not come from a poster who calls himself an x-rated animal.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Dam straight. Dude can't even compliment a woman without her thinking he's trying to get her in the sack.
"That's a nice sweater."
"I have a boyfriend! Leave me alone, you creep!"
Eff you btches. Quit thinking that every guy who's nice to you is trying to get into your pants. Get over yourselves, you ain't all that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Trump News 237,263
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 23 min Yeah 1,496,771
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 10,335
will chicago have a march 2 hr Happy Buyer 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Well Well 63,270
IT'S Really really true, nancy pelosi............ 9 hr HasALargePenis 10
The Mexicans stay home 9 hr More-Truth NoLies 24

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages