First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#22 Apr 7, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>What's funny? I'm ok with booze and bl@w--j@bs too. Doesn't mean I wanna give my daughter a 40 and some knee pads. Do we really need to explain age appropriateness to a teacher?
BWAHAHAHAHAHA

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Since: May 11

"Always On The Go "

#23 Apr 7, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>What's funny? I'm ok with booze and bl@w--j@bs too. Doesn't mean I wanna give my daughter a 40 and some knee pads. Do we really need to explain age appropriateness to a teacher?
EWWWW !!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#24 Apr 7, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
Bwahaha!

You sound like a braying mule. I'll let chunzy speak for herself, but I don't think she meant that because you might once have done it, you'll give your child a doobie and say "Smoke up, Johnny!"

As usual, Tonka completely missed the point of her post

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25 Apr 7, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Bwahaha!
You sound like a braying mule. I'll let chunzy speak for herself, but I don't think she meant that because you might once have done it, you'll give your child a doobie and say "Smoke up, Johnny!"
As usual, Tonka completely missed the point of her post
If you think you can hear me through your computer and know what I sound like, you have bigger mental problems than Ferrerman.

Tonka's point is just because a parent enjoys something doesn't mean they should encourage their minor child to do so, whether that be providing them with the something, giving the impression that it's something you are okay with them doing, or telling them stories that you know are likely to encourage them. There's nothing funny about it.

Just cause I did things as a minor, doesn't mean I want my minor kids doing so. I got drunk my first time @ the age of 13 on my b-day with my bros ... Should I tell my kids that and encourage them to do the same. Eff no.

Just cause I did all these things and turned out fine doesn't mean my kids would do the same. They aren't me. It's not hard to understand.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#26 Apr 7, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>What's funny? I'm ok with booze and bl@w--j@bs too. Doesn't mean I wanna give my daughter a 40 and some knee pads. Do we really need to explain age appropriateness to a teacher?
The condescension of your final sentence is unnecessary.

And please point out anywhere I used the word encourage (this goes for posters below you). or did I make a statement of being all thumbs up about it.
I just find it humorous hypocritical people are up in arms about stuff but do a 180 on their own kids is all.*shrug* I figure if it's good for you, then you will be all [if my kids chooses, so be it] but you seem a bit anti for the kid.
That was my point.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#27 Apr 8, 2014
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
EWWWW !!
What? You don't like booze?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#28 Apr 8, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
The condescension of your final sentence is unnecessary.
And please point out anywhere I used the word encourage (this goes for posters below you). or did I make a statement of being all thumbs up about it.
I just find it hum&#271;orous hypocritical people are up in arms about stuff but do a 180 on their own kids is all.*shrug* I figure if it's good for you, then you will be all [if my kids chooses, so be it] but you seem a bit anti for the kid.
That was my point.
Again. Age appropriate. Its called parenting. Whether it be pot, booze, or anything else. There is no hypocrisy whatsoever. Some things are not appropriate for children. Is it hypocrisy that parents can drink, but the law prohibits children from doing the same? That parents can engage in sexual activity, but the law prohibits children from making the same decision?

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Since: May 11

"Always On The Go "

#29 Apr 8, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>What? You don't like booze?
It's creepy to see that in reference with your daughter. I know you were trying to make a point but ..... Just what I said ... Ewwwww !

Yes I like booze but not very often.:)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#30 Apr 8, 2014
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
It's creepy to see that in reference with your daughter. I know you were trying to make a point but ..... Just what I said ... Ewwwww !
Yes I like booze but not very often.:)
Its ok. She's a pretend daughter.
Myles

United States

#31 Apr 8, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Its ok. She's a pretend daughter.
To go along with your pretend dk and brain.
Myles

United States

#32 Apr 8, 2014
Ahhh a friend of the phony lawyer.
That makes sense now.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#33 Apr 8, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Again. Age appropriate. Its called parenting. Whether it be pot, booze, or anything else. There is no hypocrisy whatsoever. Some things are not appropriate for children. Is it hypocrisy that parents can drink, but the law prohibits children from doing the same? That parents can engage in sexual activity, but the law prohibits children from making the same decision?
And again, I want the record to state that nowhere am I advocating ot saying any of these exampkes are appropriate for children (or some adults, to be frank).

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#34 Apr 8, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
I think it's funny people who are okay with drugs (or at least MJ) suddenly aren't so okay when it's their kids, lol.
cheluzal wrote:
I just find it humorous hypocritical people are up in arms about stuff but do a 180 on their own kids is all.*shrug* I figure if it's good for you, then you will be all [if my kids chooses, so be it] but you seem a bit anti for the kid.
That was my point.
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
And again, I want the record to state that nowhere am I advocating ot saying any of these exampkes are appropriate for children (or some adults, to be frank).
No one ever said you advocated /endorse these things for kids. If you don't think they are appropriate for kids, why do you think its funny/hypocritical for a parent to have the same opinion? How is it hypocritical to be ok with booze/sex/drugs for adults, but not hold the same opinion for children? Seems like good parenting to me.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#35 Apr 11, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No one ever said you advocated /endorse these things for kids. If you don't think they are appropriate for kids, why do you think its funny/hypocritical for a parent to have the same opinion? How is it hypocritical to be ok with booze/sex/drugs for adults, but not hold the same opinion for children? Seems like good parenting to me.
Because it was okay with many posters wen THEY were kids.....just not their own.

I'm done with this tiresome convo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Rogue Scholar 05 187,924
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min TSM 1,224,783
Ask Amy 5-6-15 1 hr Mister Tonka 4
Dear Abby 5-6-15 1 hr Mister Tonka 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr helpful explainer 99,415
News Chicago signs compare homeless to rodents 1 hr YesRodentsAll 3
Bill Clinton's Wife. 2 hr BlindHelenKeller 9
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]