First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#41 Jul 1, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
He probably searched everywhere he could until he found something. He opened every door and drawer that wasn't locked. That's pretty common behavior for people like that, so I'm not sure why you're finding that hard to understand.
It would be one thing if he just searched and found them, but he went through the trouble of creating a ruse to specifically gain access to their bedroom and also found pills in a location that most folks normally donít keep medicine at.

The girl also didnít dump him on his face after that. A normal woman dumps a guy who is a pill popper, especially one who steals from her folks. A woman who is also a pill popper, doesnít.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#42 Jul 1, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Besides Sub, possession is 9/10th's of the law.
I'm just not ready to indict the girlfriend on pure speculation and without more evidence of involvement on her behalf.
I'm not indicting her. I just find it highly suspicious.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#43 Jul 1, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
he went through the trouble of creating a ruse to specifically gain access to their bedroom and also found pills in a location that most folks normally donít keep medicine at.
Sounds like typical druggie behavior to me.

And women have been known to date pill-poppers, drunks, pot smokers, eventhough they don't engage in those behaviors themselves. Some people aren't so judgmental and sometimes love conquers all.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#44 Jul 1, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
And restaurants are ripe with drug use. It's a much more come-and-go employment situation, more than with office work.
Well I've never worked in an office so don't have any experience there, but I've worked in restaurants, warehouses, factories, etc. If the places didn't have drug-testing, there were always people who "used" regularly. I just don't think you're more prone to be a drug user or pill popper just because you happen to work as a bus boy.

Now I can understand having "easy access" to pills if you're working in a hospital or pharmacy, but I see no difference for a restaurant worker versus anything else.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#45 Jul 1, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Wait! Are you admitting that you were wrong?
:D
Apparently I didn't realize I was supposed to be drug addict simply because I had a job washing dishes!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#46 Jul 1, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Just don't know why he would even know that they had pain pill in the house or that they would be in the closet. I could see most folks rummaging where all the other medicine is kept and then if none was found, thinking none was in the house.
I just find it odd that he would even think that someone would keep pain pills in their bedroom closet ... a drawer in the bedroom, in the bathroom, in a medicine cabinet in the kitchen, sure, but a bedroom closet seems kind of like an odd place to look.
While it is odd that she didn't dump him, I think that could be easily explained away by low low self esteem. Additionally, if she wanted thw drigs, I don't think it woild be wierd at all to wait till bf was in her bathroom to say "I need to ise rhw bathroom and the other one is occupied." At my parents, Iwould not even ask or feel the need to announce it. I know my wife has the same attitudeat her parents house. It would seem more odd to me for a person to ask permission for that sort of thing in their parents home. I've never experienced any "formality" in my relationdhip wirh my parents. I have a key to their place and my dad is more annoyed if he has to get up to answer the door than if i just enter un announced.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#47 Jul 1, 2013
My take is that she may be following the lead of her parents. The LW seems to accept his explanations and wants to see proof going forward. So if you parents are willing to forgive the dude, its plausabie that the girl would also.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>While it is odd that she didn't dump him, I think that could be easily explained away by low lo
w self esteem. Additionally, if she wanted thw drigs, I don't think it woild be wierd at all to wait till bf was in her bathroom to say "I need to ise rhw bathroom and the other one is occupied." At my parents, Iwould not even ask or feel the need to announce it. I know my wife has the same attitudeat her parents house. It would seem more odd to me for a person to ask permission for that sort of thing in their parents home. I've never experienced any "formality" in my relationdhip wirh my parents. I have a key to their place and my dad is more annoyed if he has to get up to answer the door than if i just enter un announced.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#48 Jul 1, 2013
Meds in a drawer in the second bathroom. There's no shower in there so no issues with humidity. Some in a dresser drawer because that way they're close if I need them.

Chris' dad worked at restaurants most of his life. Lots and lots of drugs available. Not that *I* would know about that stuff...

Since: May 13

Monterey, CA

#49 Jul 2, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I've never worked in an office so don't have any experience there, but I've worked in restaurants, warehouses, factories, etc. If the places didn't have drug-testing, there were always people who "used" regularly. I just don't think you're more prone to be a drug user or pill popper just because you happen to work as a bus boy.
Now I can understand having "easy access" to pills if you're working in a hospital or pharmacy, but I see no difference for a restaurant worker versus anything else.
I've never worked in a restaurant, but there have been users in a lot of my workplaces, too. Not here, though. I work for a gov't contractor. We drug test before we hire and threaten to do random testing, although it hasn't happened yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Psychic Medium and Spiritualist view of... 6 min reality is a crutch 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Yeah 1,154,388
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 min JOEL 71,125
Amy 12-22 42 min RACE 7
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 44 min mdbuilder 49,242
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min Guru 181,888
Amar kashe kisu meya ase.jara enjoy kore.Bt ama... 59 min Oni 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:00PM
Colts Have Puncher's Chance in Playoffs Despite Flaws
Bleacher Report 7:50 PM
Colts Collapse Around Andrew Luck in Another Prime-Time Blowout
Bleacher Report11:31 PM
Can Bears Turn Back to Cutler After Loss?
NBC Sports 1:03 AM
Romo, Cowboys are in after 42-7 rout of Colts - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:46 AM
Can Hamilton Fix Colts Offense for Playoff Run?