First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Julie

Chicago, IL

#22 Aug 1, 2013
squishymama wrote:
LW1: "My ex,“Steve,” broke up with me a year ago. It was not a happy relationship, but I loved him, and getting over him was hard."
Obviously not that hard, since you're getting married to someone else a year later.
Frankly, it doesn't sound like you're even old enough to get married, but since you are, please tell the fiance about this.
Oh, and knock of the fantisizing that you mislable as "nightmares." You would LOVE to have this drama at your wedding, so that your "beloved fiance" can play out some romance-novel fantasy you have going on in that kooky little head and prove his love for you. <puke>
And since I highly doubt that you have the money to hire a security person, you will have to get some family members to do this duty instead. More drama...
Squishy for the win! LW, you're a moronic, 15-yr-old drama queen w/the brain of an amoeba. I hope your latest fiance runs like hell.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#23 Aug 1, 2013
Kuuipo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's as if they think that getting married will solve all of their problems for life. It doesn't. And it should not be rushed, IMHO. I know there are people who got married fairly quickly and it worked out for them, but the odds are against it.
I was at a wedding. Couple had known each other less than a year. In the church, I whispered to my 2 friends, "What's the over & under? I call 2 years". I think it lasted 18 months.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#24 Aug 1, 2013
Tonka,
You wispered that in the church? Way to jinx their wedding.
Whatever happened to love at first sight?

Remember that old flame I was looking for last year?
Well guess what? Someone, and I don't exactly know who, left something sentimental on the dashboard of my car the other day.
It was a CD, Little Feat/Waiting For Columbus, from years ago. I didn't even miss it, you know,'cause I listen to mostly classical.
But yeah, the car was in my driveway, and only a handful of my friends even know where live.
I'm getting a little psyched, but won't be disappointed if nothing happens.
I'm gonna play it so cool, I can't wait.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#25 Aug 1, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Tonka,
Yup. It was all my fault.
loose cannon wrote:
That only happens when Nora Ephron is involved and I don't remember seeing her in the church
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#26 Aug 1, 2013
I did this informal poll of divorced folk and I would estimate over 85% of them admitted they knew deep down they shouldn't get married, but did it anyway.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#27 Aug 1, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> Yup. It was all my fault.
<quoted text>
That only happens when Nora Ephron is involved and I don't remember seeing her in the church
Nora Ephron?

That's not a reference I expected from you.

Actually I figured you comment was overheard by, say Mother of the Groom or some close relative of the not-quite-so-happy couple.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#28 Aug 1, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Nora Ephron?
That's not a reference I expected from you.
Actually I figured you comment was overheard by, say Mother of the Groom or some close relative of the not-quite-so-happy couple.
We were all the way in the back. Gimme a little credit for knowing how to be discreet

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#29 Aug 2, 2013
Kinda like pennies from heaven?

Dont you lock your vehicle?
I bet it was somebody going thru your car looking for something to steal and they found that under the seat or something, and just tossed it on the dashboard.

Sorry, hate to be a killjoy.
loose cannon wrote:
Tonka,
Remember that old flame I was looking for last year?
Well guess what? Someone, and I don't exactly know who, left something sentimental on the dashboard of my car the other day.
It was a CD, Little Feat/Waiting For Columbus, from years ago. I didn't even miss it, you know,'cause I listen to mostly classical.
But yeah, the car was in my driveway, and only a handful of my friends even know where live.
I'm getting a little psyched, but won't be disappointed if nothing happens.
I'm gonna play it so cool, I can't wait.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,156,236
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Jacques Ottawa 182,195
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 44 min Homo Erectus 49,367
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr scirocco 68,914
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMare 51,305
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr JOEL 71,272
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 hr L Morales 411
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?