of 2
Next Last

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#23 Aug 1, 2013
Kuuipo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's as if they think that getting married will solve all of their problems for life. It doesn't. And it should not be rushed, IMHO. I know there are people who got married fairly quickly and it worked out for them, but the odds are against it.
I was at a wedding. Couple had known each other less than a year. In the church, I whispered to my 2 friends, "What's the over & under? I call 2 years". I think it lasted 18 months.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#24 Aug 1, 2013
Tonka,
You wispered that in the church? Way to jinx their wedding.
Whatever happened to love at first sight?

Remember that old flame I was looking for last year?
Well guess what? Someone, and I don't exactly know who, left something sentimental on the dashboard of my car the other day.
It was a CD, Little Feat/Waiting For Columbus, from years ago. I didn't even miss it, you know,'cause I listen to mostly classical.
But yeah, the car was in my driveway, and only a handful of my friends even know where live.
I'm getting a little psyched, but won't be disappointed if nothing happens.
I'm gonna play it so cool, I can't wait.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#25 Aug 1, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Tonka,
Yup. It was all my fault.
loose cannon wrote:
That only happens when Nora Ephron is involved and I don't remember seeing her in the church
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#26 Aug 1, 2013
I did this informal poll of divorced folk and I would estimate over 85% of them admitted they knew deep down they shouldn't get married, but did it anyway.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#27 Aug 1, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> Yup. It was all my fault.
<quoted text>
That only happens when Nora Ephron is involved and I don't remember seeing her in the church
Nora Ephron?

That's not a reference I expected from you.

Actually I figured you comment was overheard by, say Mother of the Groom or some close relative of the not-quite-so-happy couple.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#28 Aug 1, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Nora Ephron?
That's not a reference I expected from you.
Actually I figured you comment was overheard by, say Mother of the Groom or some close relative of the not-quite-so-happy couple.
We were all the way in the back. Gimme a little credit for knowing how to be discreet

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#29 Aug 2, 2013
Kinda like pennies from heaven?

Dont you lock your vehicle?
I bet it was somebody going thru your car looking for something to steal and they found that under the seat or something, and just tossed it on the dashboard.

Sorry, hate to be a killjoy.
loose cannon wrote:
Tonka,
Remember that old flame I was looking for last year?
Well guess what? Someone, and I don't exactly know who, left something sentimental on the dashboard of my car the other day.
It was a CD, Little Feat/Waiting For Columbus, from years ago. I didn't even miss it, you know,'cause I listen to mostly classical.
But yeah, the car was in my driveway, and only a handful of my friends even know where live.
I'm getting a little psyched, but won't be disappointed if nothing happens.
I'm gonna play it so cool, I can't wait.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Julia 1,507,796
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Coffee Party 239,228
News Chicago had a record year of dog poop complaints 7 hr Trump is the man 1
Trumps travel ban discussion 7 hr The truth is out ... 1
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... 9 hr Trekkie 38
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 hr SweLL GirL 10,490
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 10 hr Seer 8,064

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages