|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, you nailed it. People who are working so hard to get married don't realize that the way theyr'e going about it, they're likely to get divorced as a result of the rushed/bad choices.
It's as if they think that getting married will solve all of their problems for life. It doesn't. And it should not be rushed, IMHO. I know there are people who got married fairly quickly and it worked out for them, but the odds are against it.
Julie

Skokie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

squishymama wrote:
LW1: "My ex,“Steve,” broke up with me a year ago. It was not a happy relationship, but I loved him, and getting over him was hard."
Obviously not that hard, since you're getting married to someone else a year later.
Frankly, it doesn't sound like you're even old enough to get married, but since you are, please tell the fiance about this.
Oh, and knock of the fantisizing that you mislable as "nightmares." You would LOVE to have this drama at your wedding, so that your "beloved fiance" can play out some romance-novel fantasy you have going on in that kooky little head and prove his love for you. <puke>
And since I highly doubt that you have the money to hire a security person, you will have to get some family members to do this duty instead. More drama...
Squishy for the win! LW, you're a moronic, 15-yr-old drama queen w/the brain of an amoeba. I hope your latest fiance runs like hell.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Kuuipo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's as if they think that getting married will solve all of their problems for life. It doesn't. And it should not be rushed, IMHO. I know there are people who got married fairly quickly and it worked out for them, but the odds are against it.
I was at a wedding. Couple had known each other less than a year. In the church, I whispered to my 2 friends, "What's the over & under? I call 2 years". I think it lasted 18 months.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Tonka,
You wispered that in the church? Way to jinx their wedding.
Whatever happened to love at first sight?

Remember that old flame I was looking for last year?
Well guess what? Someone, and I don't exactly know who, left something sentimental on the dashboard of my car the other day.
It was a CD, Little Feat/Waiting For Columbus, from years ago. I didn't even miss it, you know,'cause I listen to mostly classical.
But yeah, the car was in my driveway, and only a handful of my friends even know where live.
I'm getting a little psyched, but won't be disappointed if nothing happens.
I'm gonna play it so cool, I can't wait.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

loose cannon wrote:
Tonka,
Yup. It was all my fault.
loose cannon wrote:
That only happens when Nora Ephron is involved and I don't remember seeing her in the church
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

I did this informal poll of divorced folk and I would estimate over 85% of them admitted they knew deep down they shouldn't get married, but did it anyway.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> Yup. It was all my fault.
<quoted text>
That only happens when Nora Ephron is involved and I don't remember seeing her in the church
Nora Ephron?

That's not a reference I expected from you.

Actually I figured you comment was overheard by, say Mother of the Groom or some close relative of the not-quite-so-happy couple.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Nora Ephron?
That's not a reference I expected from you.
Actually I figured you comment was overheard by, say Mother of the Groom or some close relative of the not-quite-so-happy couple.
We were all the way in the back. Gimme a little credit for knowing how to be discreet

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Kinda like pennies from heaven?

Dont you lock your vehicle?
I bet it was somebody going thru your car looking for something to steal and they found that under the seat or something, and just tossed it on the dashboard.

Sorry, hate to be a killjoy.
loose cannon wrote:
Tonka,
Remember that old flame I was looking for last year?
Well guess what? Someone, and I don't exactly know who, left something sentimental on the dashboard of my car the other day.
It was a CD, Little Feat/Waiting For Columbus, from years ago. I didn't even miss it, you know,'cause I listen to mostly classical.
But yeah, the car was in my driveway, and only a handful of my friends even know where live.
I'm getting a little psyched, but won't be disappointed if nothing happens.
I'm gonna play it so cool, I can't wait.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 29 of29
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr danetoo 67,858
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 2 hr NITiN 4
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr shinningelectr0n 1,078,384
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr andet1987 4,543
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr andet1987 455
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,357
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr LRS 174,457
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 3:16AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••