Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.
Comments
109,581 - 109,596 of 109,596 Comments Last updated Oct 22, 2013
First Prev
of 5480
Next Last
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#119101 May 24, 2013
joe wrote:
In a Plus for Electrics, Tesla Repays a Big Federal Loan Early
The Energy Department on Wednesday said that losses on its loans were equivalent to 2 percent of its $34 billion portfolio.
“Tesla is arguably making the most exciting car in the world today,” said Mr. Kats, who worked in the Energy Department during the Clinton administration.
“This loan program has exceeded expectations.”
This sounds great. Don't you think?
I'm sure it sounds just GREAT to Eat-the-Rich Big Government statist fools that think money grows on trees.

2% of $34 billion is 480 MILLION of taxpayers' money LOST on these silly "greenie stimulus" frauds.

Tesla? An idiotic waste of public money.

This is for-profit product development, not basic research.

If Tesla can't raise private risk money on its own merits on the private market and build a competitive product, it certainly is not Washington bureaucrats' role to put the Taxpayer in the position of being the "dumb money" funding/subsidizing these schemes.

Terrible policy.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#119102 May 24, 2013
*$680 MILLION of taxpayer money lost ...
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119103 May 24, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure it sounds just GREAT to Eat-the-Rich Big Government statist fools that think money grows on trees.
2% of $34 billion is 480 MILLION of taxpayers' money LOST on these silly "greenie stimulus" frauds.
Tesla? An idiotic waste of public money.
This is for-profit product development, not basic research.
If Tesla can't raise private risk money on its own merits on the private market and build a competitive product, it certainly is not Washington bureaucrats' role to put the Taxpayer in the position of being the "dumb money" funding/subsidizing these schemes.
Terrible policy.
But you're good with oil, coal, natural gas and atomic energy subsidies, and preferential tax benefits, right?

Why am I not surprised that NOTHING Obama has accomplished gets a nod from you. Nothing. Don't you see how ficked up it is to be so partisan? Geez, you're always criticizing me, have a look in a mirror sometime?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119104 May 24, 2013
You wingers might want to start making nice with the left.

Fewer Americans Identify as Economic Conservatives in 2013

Thirty percent say they are liberal on social issues, a new high

Forty-one percent of Americans now characterize their economic views as "conservative," or "very conservative," the lowest since President Barack Obama took office in 2009 and on par with where views were in May 2008. This year's downtick in the percentage of Americans identifying as economically conservative has been accompanied by an uptick in the percentage identifying as economically moderate -- now 37% of Americans, up from 32% last year.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/162746/fewer-ameri...
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119105 May 24, 2013
FACTS Republican's don't want you to know:

Obama took 131 vacation days in first term.
262 days for 2 terms if projected.

Bush took 1,020 days
A 5 weeker, longest by any President in 4 decades.

Reagan took 484 days.

For idiots, Obama will probably take fewer vacations than both Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119106 May 24, 2013
FACTS Republican's don't want you to know:

Jobless Rate Edges Down to Its Lowest Level in 4 Years 7.7%.

Unemployment hit a high during November 2009 of 10%.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119107 May 25, 2013
The Closing of the Conservative Mind

Start with the proposition that there is a legitimate left-right divide in U.S. politics, built around a real issue: how extensive should we make our social safety net, and (hence) how much do we need to raise in taxes? This is ultimately a values issue, with no right answer.

There are, however, a lot of largely empirical questions whose answers need not, in principle, be associated with one’s position on this left-right divide but, in practice, are. A partial list:

1.The existence of anthropogenic climate change
2.The effects of fiscal stimulus/austerity
3.The effects of monetary expansion, and the risks of inflation
4.The revenue effects of tax cuts
5.The workability of universal health care

I’ve deliberately chosen a list here where the evidence is, in each case, pretty much overwhelming. There is a real scientific consensus on 1; the evidence of the past few years has been very strong on 2 and 3; there are no serious studies supporting the view that we’re on the wrong side of the Laffer curve; one form or another of UHC operates all across the advanced world, with lower costs than the US system.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/25/t...
Touche

Nashville, TN

#119108 May 27, 2013
Guinness http://www.dcavelaw.com/ Drinker wrote:
a politician making promises ? no such thing
Needless as it sounds
Touche blutoski

Nashville, TN

#119109 May 27, 2013
http://www.greenevillesun.com/Local_News/arti...
Guinness Drinker wrote:
a politician making promises ? no such thing
couldn't have said it better myself
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119110 May 30, 2013
Washington 'Spends' More on Tax Breaks Than on Medicare, Defense, or Social Security

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2...
ZCs

Brooklyn, NY

#119111 Jun 1, 2013
The Greatest President of all time!!!!!

President Obama!!!
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#119113 Jun 1, 2013
Obama = EPIC FAIL.

http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/T4CS88855D2I2T...

Make a note of it.
The BAR is a RICO

Tampa, FL

#119117 Jul 16, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
Obama = EPIC FAIL.
http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/T4CS88855D2I2T...
Make a note of it.
..........BUSH and Dick OBAMA Nixon failed , because they are not Americans , the are AIPAC stooges , JDL Fusion Center henchmen and part of the Evil FUSION CENTERS.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#119118 Aug 5, 2013
Here is another sockpuppet (Grey Ghost) posting as Pope John:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/grantley-pa/T...

Libtards love the MPD complex.
Jobs What Jobs

Paso Robles, CA

#119120 Oct 21, 2013
bump bump
hands on ar

Gurnee, IL

#119121 Oct 22, 2013
Vote for me and you will see, wake up people its the same line a crap we hear every 4 years the government is running us into the ground, we give give give they take take take and their (we're) broke. Anyone with a calculator ever figure out how much is wasted on these people and their foriegn policys,it would take a couple years to get outa the hole. They don't care about us or this country.f#ck the rest of the world they hate us for what the feds do to there country.why should we prop up the world,oh yea world domination

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5480
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 177,391
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min Mahz 49,504
Amy 8-30 6 min edogxxx 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min PDUPONT 1,100,240
Putin warns enemies of Russia: 'It's best not t... 1 hr I like Putin 1
Video Will The U.S Lead The World Into Nuclear ... 2 hr Hell Yes 1
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide 3 hr 587uioy 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr edogxxx 97,934
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••