Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday 109,595
President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs. Full Story
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119084 May 23, 2013
Right Wing Flagrant Hypocrisy

Where were you right wing goose steppers when in 2005 The New York Times that revealed the existence of the program to allow the government to wiretap Americans and others in the United States without a warrant if it was part of a national-security investigation?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119085 May 23, 2013
And, BTW I'm not in favor of ANY government casually capturing citizens records. Just sick of your whining hypocrisy.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#119086 May 23, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't tell who's dumber, you or teddy....
How could you think that either one of us is dumber than the other? It is your opinion that everyone to the right of you is exactly the same and all believe things like "Jesus wrote the bible," "women should be paid less than men," "Iraq was responsible for 9/11," etc.
Right, joe? Everyone that has independent thought obviously isn't smart enough to know that true intelligence is parroting HuffPo all day.
And if someone is not arroting HuffPo all day, then they must be a backwards righty that believes Obama was born on the moon, right?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119087 May 23, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
How could you think that either one of us is dumber than the other? It is your opinion that everyone to the right of you is exactly the same and all believe things like "Jesus wrote the bible," "women should be paid less than men," "Iraq was responsible for 9/11," etc.
Right, joe? Everyone that has independent thought obviously isn't smart enough to know that true intelligence is parroting HuffPo all day.
And if someone is not arroting HuffPo all day, then they must be a backwards righty that believes Obama was born on the moon, right?
I notice you're not refuting:

"Jesus wrote the bible," "women should be paid less than men," "Iraq was responsible for 9/11,"

and neither will your soul mate, teddy.

Let's see... do believe in labor unions, a living minimum wage, free public education? etc. What do you consider the poverty level to be, what about unemployment insurance or welfare?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119088 May 23, 2013
She speaks for you, righty:

A host of the Fox News show The Five was so angry that the Justice Department had investigated one of the network’s reporters that she told her viewers on Thursday to find anyone who voted for President Barack Obama and “punch them in the face.”

“Fox said, we’re targets, clearly Media Matters and others have put us on a target list,” Fox News host Andrea Tantaros explained on the Thursday edition of her radio show.“And they said,‘Oh, Fox is just crazy! They’re just paranoid!’ Really? Are we?”

"...find anyone who voted for President Barack Obama and “punch them in the face." Nice.

As an example of how "open minded" you are ,nac, I'd like to see you provide some reputable examples of this kind of hate talk from the left.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#119089 May 23, 2013
joe wrote:
She speaks for you, righty:
A host of the Fox News show The Five was so angry that the Justice Department had investigated one of the network’s reporters that she told her viewers on Thursday to find anyone who voted for President Barack Obama and “punch them in the face.”
“Fox said, we’re targets, clearly Media Matters and others have put us on a target list,” Fox News host Andrea Tantaros explained on the Thursday edition of her radio show.“And they said,‘Oh, Fox is just crazy! They’re just paranoid!’ Really? Are we?”
"...find anyone who voted for President Barack Obama and “punch them in the face." Nice.
As an example of how "open minded" you are ,nac, I'd like to see you provide some reputable examples of this kind of hate talk from the left.
Sorry joe, I'm not Fox News host Andrea Tantaros... Her comments have nothing to do with me. You're being childish, as usual.

Further, if you're looking for "some reputable examples of this kind of hate talk from the left," I'm not interested in doing the work for you... Just google "George Bush" or "Sara Palin." You'll find plenty of examples of your heroes on the left spewing hate.

When you're done, why don't you come back here and cut & paste some of your favorite quotes ... ya know, to stick it to righty.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119090 May 23, 2013
I'm guessing little nac did a search on "George Bush" and found little to nothing that compares to the vile crap said by major leaders of the Republican right/tea bagger party.

There aren't any so nac deflects and pretends that he's not part of the thinking that has Tantaros as a spokesman.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#119091 May 23, 2013
joe wrote:
I'm guessing little nac did a search on "George Bush" and found little to nothing that compares to the vile crap said by major leaders of the Republican right/tea bagger party.
There aren't any so nac deflects and pretends that he's not part of the thinking that has Tantaros as a spokesman.
Grow up joe. Everyone... left, right, and sane knows that there are plenty of examples of left wing hate speak on and above the level of "punch an Obama voter" nonsense.

But I'm an adult... I find this very uninteresting, if it makes you feel better about yourself, go ahead and assume that I am that fox girl and I want you to punch Obama voters.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119092 May 23, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow up joe. Everyone... left, right, and sane knows that there are plenty of examples of left wing hate speak on and above the level of "punch an Obama voter" nonsense.
But I'm an adult... I find this very uninteresting, if it makes you feel better about yourself, go ahead and assume that I am that fox girl and I want you to punch Obama voters.
Yeah, but "uninterested, all grown up nac" can't point out any examples that compare to Hannity, Limbaugh, Coulter, Malkin, Savage, Beck, Ted Cruz, Bachman, Palin, Pat Roberson, Huckabee, Gohmart, Alan Keyes, Dana Loesch, Alex Jones, Bill O'Reilly, Jennifer Rubin etc., etc., etc.,

You may find it uninteresting (like I care) but some would say that's because you don't want to acknowledge the cesspool of low grade thought and talk that has become the Republican party.

So run along nac, Everyone knows you're full of shlt and that the left doesn't have anything, ANYTHING even close to the hate-filled, paranoid rhetoric (a generous term for what spews from the right) that has become the definition of the right.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#119093 May 23, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but "uninterested, all grown up nac" can't point out any examples that compare to Hannity, Limbaugh, Coulter, Malkin, Savage, Beck, Ted Cruz, Bachman, Palin, Pat Roberson, Huckabee, Gohmart, Alan Keyes, Dana Loesch, Alex Jones, Bill O'Reilly, Jennifer Rubin etc., etc., etc.,
You may find it uninteresting (like I care) but some would say that's because you don't want to acknowledge the cesspool of low grade thought and talk that has become the Republican party.
So run along nac, Everyone knows you're full of shlt and that the left doesn't have anything, ANYTHING even close to the hate-filled, paranoid rhetoric (a generous term for what spews from the right) that has become the definition of the right.
It is my own fault for even engaging you, because I know that yes, you are that stupid... but fine. Here ya go, joey:

"The Republican party needs to be executed. Rush Limbaugh needs to choke to death on his own fat. The Republican party needs to be beheaded. It needs to be taken out on some dark moonless night in the middle of a cornfield and decapitated."
-Mike Malloy

"You're damn right Dick Cheney's heart is a political football. We ought to rip it out and kick it around and stuff it back in him."
-Ed Schultz

++++++

Very tolerant, indeed.

You know what, joe... you've almost convinced me that the left's hate is cooler than the right's! What convinced you that one brand of idiocy was better than the other?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119094 May 24, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
It is my own fault for even engaging you, because I know that yes, you are that stupid... but fine. Here ya go, joey:
"The Republican party needs to be executed. Rush Limbaugh needs to choke to death on his own fat. The Republican party needs to be beheaded. It needs to be taken out on some dark moonless night in the middle of a cornfield and decapitated."
-Mike Malloy
"You're damn right Dick Cheney's heart is a political football. We ought to rip it out and kick it around and stuff it back in him."
-Ed Schultz
++++++
Very tolerant, indeed.
You know what, joe... you've almost convinced me that the left's hate is cooler than the right's! What convinced you that one brand of idiocy was better than the other?
I know you have a reading comprehension problem, nac, so I'll repeat: I am a lefty (progressive) Democrat who has a lot of problems with this administration and the Democratic party in general but, on this thread at least, there is no reciprocal conversation about issues. This goes back quite a long while and is not a recent development.

So I have given up on anything but a focus on what the Republican party has become and how the burgeoning tea party has been compromised by snake oil agents like Karl Rove, fox, WND, the Philip Anschutz owned Washington Examiner, etc. who are all mouthpieces representing the worst tendencies of corporate America and themselves, of course.

The right keeps going farther and farther right and when you run out of room to move to the right, well, lo and behold your a fascist. Of the two parties in a hopelessly rigged game financed by the rich and corporations (as you have previously observed) I've chosen the lesser of two evils, the Democrats. And, listening to the President talk today about unwinding the AUMF re-enforces my choice.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#119095 May 24, 2013
angry joe the Marin slacker wrote:
<quoted text>

The right keeps going farther and farther right and when you run out of room to move to the right, well, lo and behold your a fascist. Of the two parties in a hopelessly rigged game financed by the rich and corporations (as you have previously observed) I've chosen the lesser of two evils, the Democrats. And, listening to the President talk today about unwinding the AUMF re-enforces my choice.
Quoth the Marin lefty fringe lunatic.

You don't want a rational convo, joe - you want a pulpit.

Keep propping up your imaginary bullshyte strawman "righty" and shouting your hateful, intolerant, self-righteous lib prog claptrap down the electronic wind - it's all you've got.

A sad, sad case.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119096 May 24, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Quoth the Marin lefty fringe lunatic.
You don't want a rational convo, joe - you want a pulpit.
Keep propping up your imaginary bullshyte strawman "righty" and shouting your hateful, intolerant, self-righteous lib prog claptrap down the electronic wind - it's all you've got.
A sad, sad case.
A sad, sad case? Perhaps. But you've no case at all, as you spew forth what you accuse. You can't even see the irony in your rage.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#119097 May 24, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you have a reading comprehension problem, nac, so I'll repeat: I am a lefty (progressive) Democrat who has a lot of problems with this administration and the Democratic party in general but, on this thread at least, there is no reciprocal conversation about issues. This goes back quite a long while and is not a recent development.
So I have given up on anything but a focus on what the Republican party has become and how the burgeoning tea party has been compromised by snake oil agents like Karl Rove, fox, WND, the Philip Anschutz owned Washington Examiner, etc. who are all mouthpieces representing the worst tendencies of corporate America and themselves, of course.
You quoted an idiot from fox calling for punching rubes like yourself and claimed that no such quotes could be found from the left. I provided you with equally idiotic quotes from the left... and you change the subject like the child you are.

I'm done with you for the week kiddo. Enjoy the holiday weekend and be sure to defend your "lesser of two evils" scandals at the bbq, fight righty!
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#119098 May 24, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
A sad, sad case? Perhaps. But you've no case at all, as you spew forth what you accuse. You can't even see the irony in your rage.
Rage??

That's laughter @ U, my Marin slacker toolbox - gut-busting laughter @ the unending stream of your pouty ignorant cut-n-paste hate turdlets ... lefty lib prog Tourettes ...

You're the Topix equivalent of the Marin stoner that spends all day wandering up and down SFD Blvd railing incoherently at your hallucinatory Righty demons, blaming them for your being nothing more than a Marin stoner that spends all day wandering up and down Topix railing incoherently at your hallucinatory Righty demons.

Only you're cooler, morally superior, and smarter than everybody else - you do your raving on Topix via freebie wireless hotspots.

So chic! So revolutionary!

Go get 'em, Kai - all the chicks dig ya - STICK IT TO RIGHTY!!

joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119099 May 24, 2013
Oh, the little girls have their panties all in a bunch. Can't top that. The right wing wins again!
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119100 May 24, 2013
In a Plus for Electrics, Tesla Repays a Big Federal Loan Early

The Energy Department on Wednesday said that losses on its loans were equivalent to 2 percent of its $34 billion portfolio.

“Tesla is arguably making the most exciting car in the world today,” said Mr. Kats, who worked in the Energy Department during the Clinton administration.
“This loan program has exceeded expectations.”

This sounds great. Don't you think?
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#119101 May 24, 2013
joe wrote:
In a Plus for Electrics, Tesla Repays a Big Federal Loan Early
The Energy Department on Wednesday said that losses on its loans were equivalent to 2 percent of its $34 billion portfolio.
“Tesla is arguably making the most exciting car in the world today,” said Mr. Kats, who worked in the Energy Department during the Clinton administration.
“This loan program has exceeded expectations.”
This sounds great. Don't you think?
I'm sure it sounds just GREAT to Eat-the-Rich Big Government statist fools that think money grows on trees.

2% of $34 billion is 480 MILLION of taxpayers' money LOST on these silly "greenie stimulus" frauds.

Tesla? An idiotic waste of public money.

This is for-profit product development, not basic research.

If Tesla can't raise private risk money on its own merits on the private market and build a competitive product, it certainly is not Washington bureaucrats' role to put the Taxpayer in the position of being the "dumb money" funding/subsidizing these schemes.

Terrible policy.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#119102 May 24, 2013
*$680 MILLION of taxpayer money lost ...
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119103 May 24, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure it sounds just GREAT to Eat-the-Rich Big Government statist fools that think money grows on trees.
2% of $34 billion is 480 MILLION of taxpayers' money LOST on these silly "greenie stimulus" frauds.
Tesla? An idiotic waste of public money.
This is for-profit product development, not basic research.
If Tesla can't raise private risk money on its own merits on the private market and build a competitive product, it certainly is not Washington bureaucrats' role to put the Taxpayer in the position of being the "dumb money" funding/subsidizing these schemes.
Terrible policy.
But you're good with oil, coal, natural gas and atomic energy subsidies, and preferential tax benefits, right?

Why am I not surprised that NOTHING Obama has accomplished gets a nod from you. Nothing. Don't you see how ficked up it is to be so partisan? Geez, you're always criticizing me, have a look in a mirror sometime?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min harmonious 1,110,776
OnePotChefShow 39 min Tan 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 621
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,473
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,280
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr dont drink the ko... 46,696
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr HughBe 69,396
Amy 9-18 3 hr edogxxx 35
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr loose cannon 178,068
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr edogxxx 98,231
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago