Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

Comments (Page 5,477)

Showing posts 109,521 - 109,540 of109,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
WOOOOP! WOOOOP! WOOOP! DEFLECT!! DEFLECT!! DEFLECT!!
Keep throwing up any random cut-n-paste thievery your fevered mind stumbles across and thinks will stick and deflect, however foolish and irrelevant, eh, joe?
How pathetic.
We'll just take that as an internal surrender and acknowledgement on your part that the Obama Admin doesn't have a moral or ethical leg to stand on.
Uh oh, little teddy boy is dissembling like Hermann Göring at the Nuremberg Trials. And please, teddy dear, wipe up the spittle. It's uncomely.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

empty joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh oh, little teddy boy is dissembling like Hermann Göring at the Nuremberg Trials. And please, teddy dear, wipe up the spittle. It's uncomely.
widdle joey content-free ad-hom Fail.

Again.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Patience, my little partisan toolbox ... this perfect storm of lying, incompetence, corruption, illegality, and embarrassingly lame cover-up/stonewalling by the "we're right/they're wrong/we're holy/they're eeevul Righties/and besides we're smarter than everybody else" Obamatrons has a long, long way to run - and with the press now shamed into actually having to do their job (as well as having their own 1A rights and AP ox gored by these corrupt Chicago mobsters), this has a long, long, way to run.
They will be played long and artistically, like a 10-lb trout on a treble-hook, and they will hang themselves with their own narcissism and hubris.
All the Republicans have to do now is just sit back, dial back the drag, and crack a fresh beer out of the ice locker from time to time.
Tut, tut, tut teddy my wee lad, you appear to be hanging yourself with narcissism and hubris.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

angwy widdle joey the Marin slacker toolbox wrote:
<quoted text>
Tut, tut, tut teddy my wee lad, you appear to be hanging yourself with narcissism and hubris.
joey petulantly flings another more turdlet.

No response required.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Federal judge finds probable cause Fox News reporter helped leak classified docs.

Oooops!
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Revealed: Republicans knew about IRS investigations of tea party groups last July

Republicans in Congress have known that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) asked additional questions of some tea party groups seeking tax exempt status since last July, only recently raising the issue as a matter of controversy according to documents released by the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

While President Obama has accepted the resignation of acting IRS Commissioner Steven Miller, the enhanced scrutiny of tea party groups occurred under the tenure of Bush-appointee Doug Shulman, who resigned in November.

Oooops!
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

House GOP: No Free Lunch for 200,000 Poor Kids
By Matthew Rothschild, May 17, 2013

It was bad enough that Republicans from Newt Gingrich on down derided Barack Obama as the “food stamp President” during the last campaign.

Now they’re trying to take food stamps out of the hands of the hungry.

On Wednesday, the House Ag Committee voted to cut $21 billion out of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Hello Republicans:

Japan Switches to Stimulus, Gets Growth; Europe Sticks With Austerity, Stays in Recession.

Oooops!
nac

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

joe wrote:
Hello Republicans:
Japan Switches to Stimulus, Gets Growth; Europe Sticks With Austerity, Stays in Recession.
Oooops!
You've cut & pasted the title of a daily kos article in an effort to make fun of republicans that don't want to spend money we don't have.

Great job, joe!!! Righty must be dizzy and befuddled by your brilliant work!
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

nac wrote:
<quoted text>
You've cut & pasted the title of a daily kos article in an effort to make fun of republicans that don't want to spend money we don't have.
Great job, joe!!! Righty must be dizzy and befuddled by your brilliant work!
You guys are kinda dense aren't you? I've never gotten decent conversation out of any of you righty's so I don't care how you characterize my posts. I know what I'm posting. No discussion on this thread, or haven't you been paying attention? So whine on, nac. It bothers me zero.
nac

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are kinda dense aren't you? I've never gotten decent conversation out of any of you righty's so I don't care how you characterize my posts. I know what I'm posting. No discussion on this thread, or haven't you been paying attention? So whine on, nac. It bothers me zero.
I wasn't whining, I was congratulating you on another brilliant cut & paste.

Conversation? That's funny. You haven't had an independent thought in your life. You're a cut & paster. You parrot the talking points and ideas of others. You sit around waiting for HuffPo to tell you what to think. You have nothing to contribute intellectually to a conversation.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just being honest. But keep on cuttin' & pastin' joe, righty's on the run!
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

nac wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't whining, I was congratulating you on another brilliant cut & paste.
Conversation? That's funny. You haven't had an independent thought in your life. You're a cut & paster. You parrot the talking points and ideas of others. You sit around waiting for HuffPo to tell you what to think. You have nothing to contribute intellectually to a conversation.
I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just being honest. But keep on cuttin' & pastin' joe, righty's on the run!
Good, righty's on the run and you can post all your original insights without even bothering with my postings, right? Excellent.
nac

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, righty's on the run and you can post all your original insights without even bothering with my postings, right? Excellent.
Nah, I'm still going to make fun of your cut & pastes, I mean... "postings."

Keep 'em coming! You're the last line of defense before righty takes over America! With great cut & paste comes great responsibility.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

More of that good 'ole republican hypocrisy:

Rep. Stephen Fincher (R-TN) agitated against food aid for poor Americans included in the Farm Bill during last week’s House Agricultural Committee debate, accusing the government of stealing “other people’s money.”

Funding for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) has already been decimated in both the House and Senate versions of the Farm Bill, cutting off nearly 2 million working families, children, and seniors from food assistance.

“The role of citizens, of Christians, of humanity is to take care of each other, but not for Washington to steal from those in the country and give to others in the country.”

While Fincher interprets food assistance for the needy as “stealing,” he has not similarly condemned the Farm Bill’s massive agricultural subsidies.

Fincher has a great personal stake in maintaining these particular government handouts, as the second most heavily subsidized farmer in Congress and one of the largest subsidy recipients in Tennessee history.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Conservative 501(c)(4) weren't singled out.

Actually progressive groups were also looked at. Also groups that weren't conservative or progressive.

Groups applying to the IRS for special tax status were checked to see if they were engaged in political activity. They were checked, not targeted. Only one-third of the groups checked were conservative groups.

Once again: Only one-third of the groups checked were conservative groups.

Conservative groups were not "singled out," were not "targeted" and in the end none were denied special tax status – even though many obviously should have been.

From last week's House hearings on this:

Rep. Peter Roskam, R-IL: "How come only conservative groups got snagged?"

Outgoing acting IRS commissioner Steve Miller: "They didn't sir. Organizations of all walks and all persuasions were pulled in. That’s shown by the fact that only 70 of the 300 organizations were tea party organizations, of the ones that were looked at by TIGTA [Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration]."
nac

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

joe wrote:
Conservative 501(c)(4) weren't singled out.
Actually progressive groups were also looked at. Also groups that weren't conservative or progressive.
Groups applying to the IRS for special tax status were checked to see if they were engaged in political activity. They were checked, not targeted. Only one-third of the groups checked were conservative groups.
Once again: Only one-third of the groups checked were conservative groups.
Conservative groups were not "singled out," were not "targeted" and in the end none were denied special tax status – even though many obviously should have been.
From last week's House hearings on this:
Rep. Peter Roskam, R-IL: "How come only conservative groups got snagged?"
Outgoing acting IRS commissioner Steve Miller: "They didn't sir. Organizations of all walks and all persuasions were pulled in. That’s shown by the fact that only 70 of the 300 organizations were tea party organizations, of the ones that were looked at by TIGTA [Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration]."
Says liberal BLOG (that you cut & pasted from) "Campaign For America's Future."

I wonder why, then... why Lois Lerner, head of the Internal Revenue Service's tax-exempt division... is going to plead the Fifth on every question in tomorrow's Congressional hearing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23286...

It's probably because she doesn't want us to know that the IRS is "right-wing," right joey? That HAS to be it!

Since: Nov 12

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

600,000 jobs? This is positive thinking, but I think we're over-dreaming!

whitesally01
http://bit.ly/XoWQYj
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

The economy has added more jobs since Obama took office than it did in his predecessor’s entire eight years in office.

Federal spending under Obama has grown faster than inflation, but far more slowly than it did under President Bush.

Domestic oil production has soared; oil imports have dropped by one-third; new cars are getting 17 percent better mileage; and wind and solar power have increased 157 percent.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Guinness Drinker wrote:
a politician making promises ? no such thing
All Hail King Obama

“2014 ! The Bar is Open !”

Since: Dec 07

a round for all

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

RayOne wrote:
<quoted text>
All Hail King Obama
Hail !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 109,521 - 109,540 of109,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Patriot AKA Bozo 45,586
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min Riigsby5555 48,698
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min Hey Stupid 1,073,080
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 27 min voice of peace 67,553
A kid-friendly guide to the Windy City 27 min Tgloaded 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 40 min LRS 173,768
Abby July 12 50 min Julie 5
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search