Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.
Comments
109,441 - 109,460 of 109,596 Comments Last updated Oct 22, 2013
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118950 May 13, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
So why can't you provide a link to proof that ANYONE, anybody at all was lying. Because you're a prejudiced right wing flunkie doesn't mean anybody lied.
And what are you telling yourself the reason for ANY lying would be? I'd love to hear that one.
I did. Post #118944. You made a lame attempt at refuting it by saying that it wasn't a "crime." But we were taking about lies... not crimes.

Your idiotic rebuttal to my post was a report that concluded that a LIE isn't a crime.

I've already posted a lie, your rebuttal was in itself an admission that Carney lied... and yet you continue to act like a child. You asked for a lie from the administration and I gave you a glaring example.

Grow up and realize that republicans don't have a monopoly on lies.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118951 May 14, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. Post #118944. You made a lame attempt at refuting it by saying that it wasn't a "crime." But we were taking about lies... not crimes.
Your idiotic rebuttal to my post was a report that concluded that a LIE isn't a crime.
I've already posted a lie, your rebuttal was in itself an admission that Carney lied... and yet you continue to act like a child. You asked for a lie from the administration and I gave you a glaring example.
Grow up and realize that republicans don't have a monopoly on lies.
So what you're salivating over is Jay Carney's reference to a different number of changes to the talking points? Really?

Man you are really serious business, aren't you? What a toady. Line up with the rest of your creepy pals doing the same whooping war dance of comparison to Watergate and Iran Contra. No wait, those were crimes so no comparison, right?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118952 May 14, 2013
What, exactly are you thugs after with Benghazi anyhow.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118953 May 14, 2013
Even though I'm not a huge fan of Obama's performance I thought I would provide some FACTS for all you Obama haters:

The economy has added more jobs since Obama took office than it did in his predecessorís entire eight years in office. Oops!

Federal spending under Obama has grown faster than inflation, but far more slowly than it did under President Bush. Oops!

Domestic oil production has soared; oil imports have dropped by one-third; new cars are getting 17 percent better mileage; and wind and solar power have increased 157 percent. Oops!
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#118955 May 14, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality is the world is a messy place and only right wing geriatrics like you would be unable to realize that.
The hubris of a Marin Community College sophomore presuming to self-righteously lecture a "geriatric" (wrong once again, my little Marin Candyland lib prog toolbox) on the value of wisdom and long experience with the ways of the real world is truly hilarious.

You're on a roll, joe - you are a bottomless fountain of entertainment in dramatic irony. As mindlessly entertaining as a good game of whack-a-mole; you keep popping back up with ever more inane, petulant, and sophomoric re-tread lib prog talking points and memes that leave us in stitches.

But eventually, your trust fund will empty and you will have to grow up and climb out of your childish ideological snuggie.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#118956 May 14, 2013
joe wrote:
Michelle Bachman, another great Republican leader
Itís no secret our nation may very well be experiencing the hand of judgment Ö Our nation has seen judgment not once but twice on September 11.
But if Bachmann has identified the problem, fear not, because she also has the solution.
Thatís why weíre going to have ď9-1-1 PrayĒ on that day. To protect America from further attacks, the former Republican front-runner for the U.S. presidency then proposed a comprehensive national security plan:
What is the answer? The answer is Ö humbling ourselves before an almighty God, crying out to an almighty God, saying not of ourselves but you, would you save us oh God? We repent of our sins, we turn away from them, we seek you, we seek your ways.
I think Issa's Benghazi committee is going after the wrong guy. He should be hauling God in for interrogation.
So you're a religious BIGOT to boot.

Interesting. So much anger in you ...
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#118957 May 14, 2013
joe the mindless lib prog cut-n-paste plagiarist wrote:
LOL Of The Week: Destroying Hillary Clinton Is The GOPís Only Hope For 2016
(rest of stolen and unattributed intellectual property snipped).
Intellectual thief and fraud.

Stolen from http://progressivevoices.com/lol-of-week-dest... and posted here as if your intellectual work.

The standard of academic integrity not too high there at Marin Community College, joe?
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#118958 May 14, 2013
joe wrote:
BTW....
It is being reported that Republican, deep cover operatives placed in the IRS by Karl Rove under the Bush administration are responsible for targeting tea party groups, leaking the information to bring attacks on the Obama administration.
O rly.

Now joe is revealed as conspiracy wingnut as well. The Clinton VRWC is BACK!!

It's been a big day getting insiights into the murky channels of joe's angry, closed, and clearly superior (hehe...) little mind.

"It is being reported ??" Well, do go on, joe. Sources. Attribution. Links.

We're sure you got 'em and they're all authoritative and credible ... so let's have 'em out here don't hide your light under a basket - it's dim enough as it is.

While you're at it, you can reconcile those "reports" with figures compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics showing IRS employees donated over two-and-a-half times more to Barack Obama than to Republican challenger Mitt Romney.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php...
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#118959 May 14, 2013
joe wrote:
More desperately psychotic lib prog claptrap from the from the village idiot:

"Whew, should thrill you righties. Especially that part about establishing an official state religion."
Aburd. Barred by the Constitution.

Of course, you wouldn't know about that.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#118960 May 14, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
So why can't you provide a link to proof that ANYONE, anybody at all was lying. Because you're a prejudiced right wing flunkie doesn't mean anybody lied.
And what are you telling yourself the reason for ANY lying would be? I'd love to hear that one.
Lie:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...

FOUR PINNOCCHIOS.

Epic lie.
TrollBot

Mclean, VA

#118961 May 14, 2013
joe wrote:
Even though I'm not a huge fan of Obama's performance I thought I would provide some FACTS for all you Obama haters:
The economy has added more jobs since Obama took office than it did in his predecessorís entire eight years in office. Oops!
Yep, the latest reports show the federal government is better at creating low-paying jobs than Wal-Mart and McDonald's combined.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/federal-gover...

A proud, proud moment for you, I'm sure, joe.

Oooops!
joe wrote:
Federal spending under Obama has grown faster than inflation, but far more slowly than it did under President Bush. Oops!
A bald-faced LIE from a propagandist for a pathologically lying Administration - as we should expect.

The FACTS: Federal spending under Obama (which includes all FY 2009 expenditures made by his administration under his signature since 22 Jan '09, my little decepticon):

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/spending_...

Obama spent the highest % of GDP spent on forced federal government consumption since the heart of WWII, and we remain WAYYY above the historical sustainable norm of 18% of GDP.

Oooops!
joe wrote:
wind and solar power have increased 157 percent. Oops!
... remaining an insignificant share of electric energy production, for Statist command-and-control green freaks to fap off to while the Obama mob pays off their political friends and fat-cat patrons with corrupt and foolish "green" subsidies of middle-class taxpayers' money, and fake money being churned out by the trillions by his Treasury Sec and the Fed.

Meanwhile, wind turbines get a free pass on decimating endangered
species -'cause they're the Good Guys! It's OK! What's a few hundred thousand dead raptors when our Hearts have Pure Intentions?!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_WIN...

Oooops!

Spin again. This is too much fun.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118962 May 14, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
The hubris of a Marin Community College sophomore presuming to self-righteously lecture a "geriatric" (wrong once again, my little Marin Candyland lib prog toolbox) on the value of wisdom and long experience with the ways of the real world is truly hilarious.
You're on a roll, joe - you are a bottomless fountain of entertainment in dramatic irony. As mindlessly entertaining as a good game of whack-a-mole; you keep popping back up with ever more inane, petulant, and sophomoric re-tread lib prog talking points and memes that leave us in stitches.
But eventually, your trust fund will empty and you will have to grow up and climb out of your childish ideological snuggie.
Great post, teddy.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118963 May 14, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're a religious BIGOT to boot.
Interesting. So much anger in you ...
A religious bigot? That's your take away? And a Bachman follower at that?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118964 May 14, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
O rly.
Now joe is revealed as conspiracy wingnut as well. The Clinton VRWC is BACK!!
It's been a big day getting insiights into the murky channels of joe's angry, closed, and clearly superior (hehe...) little mind.
"It is being reported ??" Well, do go on, joe. Sources. Attribution. Links.
We're sure you got 'em and they're all authoritative and credible ... so let's have 'em out here don't hide your light under a basket - it's dim enough as it is.
While you're at it, you can reconcile those "reports" with figures compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics showing IRS employees donated over two-and-a-half times more to Barack Obama than to Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php...
Your credible source is Breitbart? You are a simpleton. Not worth commenting on.

Breitbart, eh? Hilarious.

I think the right is getting worried that the left might actually start using Rove-like techniques like packing various government agencyies.

You remember that don't you teddy? How the Appeals Courts were packed with right wing judges. or all those firing of district judges to be replaced by hand picked right bots.'Member that?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118966 May 14, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...
FOUR PINNOCCHIOS.
Epic lie.
Epic lie? Really? Well I guess you'll be thrilled if the Republican party tries to impeach Obama over the Washington Posts convoluted opinion piece. Epic fail.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118967 May 14, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Your credible source is Breitbart? You are a simpleton. Not worth commenting on.
Breitbart, eh? Hilarious.
I think the right is getting worried that the left might actually start using Rove-like techniques like packing various government agencyies.
You remember that don't you teddy? How the Appeals Courts were packed with right wing judges. or all those firing of district judges to be replaced by hand picked right bots.'Member that?
Right on, joe! That left wing blog you used yesterday as your "source" to show us how popular Hillary is was far more credible!!!

Keep fighting righty, little fella, you're doing great!!!
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118968 May 14, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're salivating over is Jay Carney's reference to a different number of changes to the talking points? Really?
Man you are really serious business, aren't you? What a toady. Line up with the rest of your creepy pals doing the same whooping war dance of comparison to Watergate and Iran Contra. No wait, those were crimes so no comparison, right?
I'm not salivating over anything. You asked for a lie, I gave you a lie.

It is not surprising that you don't mind being lied to by the left.

Speaking of lies, the DOJ isn't spying on the media and the IRS isn't harassing the president's political opposition. Those are just right wing lies. It's all admitted and on record, but they are lies anyway. Don't waste time focusing on what the government is doing, stay focused on what Bush was doing a decade ago. fight righty!
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118969 May 14, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on, joe! That left wing blog you used yesterday as your "source" to show us how popular Hillary is was far more credible!!!
Keep fighting righty, little fella, you're doing great!!!
Oh dear, nac, you just did yourself in, didn't you? All that self-righteous "both sides are baaaaad" crap you've been spoutin' kinda just went down the drain.

Well, at least you can say where you're really comin' from now, eh?
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118970 May 14, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear, nac, you just did yourself in, didn't you? All that self-righteous "both sides are baaaaad" crap you've been spoutin' kinda just went down the drain.
Well, at least you can say where you're really comin' from now, eh?
The fact that I laughed at you using a left wing blog as a "credible" source while criticizing someone else's source... makes me what exactly?
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#118971 May 14, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that I laughed at you using a left wing blog as a "credible" source while criticizing someone else's source... makes me what exactly?
Fair and objective.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min shinningelectr0n 1,099,823
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min Grand Birther 177,346
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 7,745
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr _Zoey_ 296
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 1 hr Unlucky man 1
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,648
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,663
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000