Like I said: "You want him to do whatever you Republicans want, right?<quoted text>I'd like the President to LEAD this country, instead of staying in campaign mode forever. Fulfilling campaign promises would be nice too, to prove that he was sincere, and not just saying whatever he thought would gain him votes.
What would I like the President to do? Here's a few ideas just for starters.
- Reduce the deficit
- Cut federal spending
- End foreign aid to countries that hate us, and always will, despite our generosity
- Fix entitlements like Social Security and Medicare so they'll be solvent for future retirees
- Tell Harry Reid to let the Senate vote on a budget (which the Senate didn't do for the first 4 years Obama was in office).
- Do away with Obamacare, which even his fellow Democrats are backing away from, now that it's true costs are finally becoming apparent.
- Call Islamic terrorists what they are, terrorists, instead of calling their attacks "workplace violence" as the Administration did after Fort Hood
- Secure our borders, instead of just talking about it
- Tell Eric Holder to enforce all federal laws, instead of picking and choosing which ones to enforce based upon political expediency
- Instead of criminalizing millions of law abiding Americans who acquired guns lawfully and use them responsibly, deal with the real causes behind gun violence, namely, criminals and the mentally ill (which the shooters at Newtown, Aurora, Tucson, Virginia Tech, and virtually all other mass shootings were).
That's just for starters. I'm sure others will have things to add to this list.
He's a Democrat and handily beat your Republican candidate mouth breathers in two consecutive elections. Democrats added to the Senate and the House and because you jerks are unpatriotic and ignorant of how our political system works you whine about how he's not going to follow your little list. You guys are thugs and bullies and should be participating in compromise as has always been done, not holding the country hostage with your little hissy fits.
He's being recalcitrant because the stooges of the Republican party have vowed to prevent him from having any kind of success. At all. None.
90% of the American public wants background checks on gun purchases. What's your answer to that? You make up a lie about criminalizing lawful gun owners. Just because your only source of information comes from Elmer Gantry styled hustlers doesn't mean you can come on a public forum and pass that b.s. off for fact.
You're stupid but that doesn't mean everyone's stupid.