Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Jun 8, 2009 Read more: Newsday 109,551
President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs. Read more
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118635 Apr 2, 2013
Better yet...

“It freaks me out,” Limbaugh said.“I have to tell ya, it freaks me out that Vladimir Putin is saying things that I agree with. The Russian president has opposed the adoption of Russian orphans by lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender foreign couples, and has instructed the government and supreme court there to prepare changes to existing law by July 1.”
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118636 Apr 2, 2013
Oh them good 'ole goobers (GOP) and their freedom loving:

Republican North Carolina state legislators have proposed allowing an official state religion in a measure that would declare the state exempt from the Constitution and court rulings.

The bill, filed Monday by two GOP lawmakers from Rowan County and backed by nine other Republicans, says each state "is sovereign" and courts cannot block a state "from making laws respecting an establishment of religion." The legislation was filed in response to a lawsuit to stop county commissioners in Rowan County from opening meetings with a Christian prayer, wral.com reported.

http://www.wral.com/proposal-would-allow-stat...
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118637 Apr 2, 2013
Those good 'ole goobers are at it agin:

"It’s ultimately about changing the culture of the entire country; it inevitably will lead to teaching our public school kids that gay marriage is a perfectly fine alternative and no different than traditional marriage.
There is also a very slippery slope leading to other alternative relationships and the unconstitutionality of any law based on morality. Think about polygamy, bestiality, and perhaps even murder."
-Michael Reagan

http://www.irontontribune.com/2013/04/02/chur...
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#118638 Apr 3, 2013
Wow.

Thoroughly enjoying the lib prog melt-down, joe - don't stop now. You're on a roll ...
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118639 Apr 3, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
Wow.
Thoroughly enjoying the lib prog melt-down, joe - don't stop now. You're on a roll ...
Glad you're enjoying. But, not a melt-down (obviously), just sharing some of the "thinking" coming from the right.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118640 Apr 3, 2013
Good 'Ole Goobers just keep on keepin' on:

Virginia Gov. Candidate Cuccinelli Defending Law That Forbids Oral Sex

Last month, three judges on the US Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit deemed a Virginia anti-sodomy law unconstitutional...

...Virginia attorney general and Republican gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli is asking the full 4th Circuit to reconsider the case. Cuccinelli wants the court to revive the prohibition on consensual anal and oral sex, for both gay and straight people.(The case at hand involves consensual, heterosexual oral sex.)

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2013/04/03/cuc...
What Part

Lindenhurst, NY

#118641 Apr 3, 2013
What part of Obama being the worst president ever, to his supporters not get??? They can never come up with anything concrete that he has done that has positively affected our country.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118643 Apr 4, 2013
What part of Obama being the worst president ever, do his detractors not get??? They can never come up with anything concrete that he has done that has harmed our country.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#118644 Apr 4, 2013
joe wrote:
Good 'Ole Goobers just keep on keepin' on:
Virginia Gov. Candidate Cuccinelli Defending Law That Forbids Oral Sex
Last month, three judges on the US Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit deemed a Virginia anti-sodomy law unconstitutional...
...Virginia attorney general and Republican gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli is asking the full 4th Circuit to reconsider the case. Cuccinelli wants the court to revive the prohibition on consensual anal and oral sex, for both gay and straight people.(The case at hand involves consensual, heterosexual oral sex.)
http://www.washingtonblade.com/2013/04/03/cuc...
My. This seems to be a critical issue for you, joe.

Why is that?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118646 Apr 4, 2013
Actually, Teddy, of the seven or eight posts I've made in the last couple of days, this is the ONLY one YOU were interested in commenting on.

But I guess you're ok with the part about "...(The case at hand involves consensual, heterosexual oral sex.)"

Why is that, Teddy?
Show Me The Jobs

United States

#118647 Apr 4, 2013
What a reminder of broken promises from this administration. Can someone tell me 5 things Obama has done to help this nation? Please make it short, no copy and paste please.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118648 Apr 4, 2013
Show Me The Jobs wrote:
What a reminder of broken promises from this administration. Can someone tell me 5 things Obama has done to help this nation? Please make it short, no copy and paste please.
Gee, I really don't have time, there's been so many. But if you care to look at newspapers, magazines, and television news of the normal variety (not the fringe) you'll be able find out for yourself.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118649 Apr 4, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, I really don't have time, there's been so many. But if you care to look at newspapers, magazines, and television news of the normal variety (not the fringe) you'll be able find out for yourself.
joe, for the first time in your life, you're half right!!!

Sure, unemployment and gas prices are still sky-high... and Obama is making sure that the sequester only harms the lower and middle class...

But the Dow Jones bubble hasn't burst yet... so the people that VOTED FOR him are still screwed... but the people that DIDN'T vote for him are still just fine!

Great job!!!
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118650 Apr 5, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
joe, for the first time in your life, you're half right!!!
Sure, unemployment and gas prices are still sky-high... and Obama is making sure that the sequester only harms the lower and middle class...
But the Dow Jones bubble hasn't burst yet... so the people that VOTED FOR him are still screwed... but the people that DIDN'T vote for him are still just fine!
Great job!!!
Hey nac, take the bag off your head. The real world looks a lot different when you open your eyes, and your heart.

Are you one of those "deficit hawks" that have convinced yourself that by cutting government spending our economy will just zoom ahead, fueled by private capital. It's funny how you believe spending by government is bad but good when it's private. Is that kinda like the flowers in your garden knowing from whence the water comes?

Call me when you've read up on economics. For yourself, not the drivel squeezed out by Fox and the tea party.

psst... there's no such thing as trickle down economics.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118651 Apr 5, 2013
MSNBC host Rachel Maddow on Thursday night criticized Republicans in the Senate for believing in a conspiracy theory about the United Nation’s Arms Trade Treaty.

“It seems like Republicans and conservatives and people who voted for Mitt Romney are more susceptible than the rest of America to conspiracy theories, especially about people being out to get them,” she remarked.“And looking at the way the elected Republicans approach governing right now might be a clue as to why Republicans are more susceptible to conspiracies than the rest of us.”

“Our country is almost certain to end up on the same side of the issue as… Iran, Syria and North Korea,” Maddow observed.
nac

Piscataway, NJ

#118652 Apr 5, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey nac, take the bag off your head. The real world looks a lot different when you open your eyes, and your heart.
Are you one of those "deficit hawks" that have convinced yourself that by cutting government spending our economy will just zoom ahead, fueled by private capital. It's funny how you believe spending by government is bad but good when it's private. Is that kinda like the flowers in your garden knowing from whence the water comes?
Call me when you've read up on economics. For yourself, not the drivel squeezed out by Fox and the tea party.
psst... there's no such thing as trickle down economics.
joe, you are too funny! A little dose of truth and you launch right into a rage against various conservative ideas that you dislike... even though I made no mention of any of them.

You then proceed to lecture me about economics... Hilarious! You're a child, I'm an adult with a degree in Economics.

joe, anyone that blindly worships a political party has no credibility at all. It demonstrates that you have neither the capacity nor desire to think for yourself. At least you're funny though.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118653 Apr 5, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
joe, you are too funny! A little dose of truth and you launch right into a rage against various conservative ideas that you dislike... even though I made no mention of any of them.
You then proceed to lecture me about economics... Hilarious! You're a child, I'm an adult with a degree in Economics.
joe, anyone that blindly worships a political party has no credibility at all. It demonstrates that you have neither the capacity nor desire to think for yourself. At least you're funny though.
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
joe, you are too funny! A little dose of truth and you launch right into a rage against various conservative ideas that you dislike... even though I made no mention of any of them.
You then proceed to lecture me about economics... Hilarious! You're a child, I'm an adult with a degree in Economics.
joe, anyone that blindly worships a political party has no credibility at all. It demonstrates that you have neither the capacity nor desire to think for yourself. At least you're funny though.
Hey Mr Economics (what BS), keep calling yourself an adult with a degree in economics on an anonymous forum, yeah that's convincing. Remember Nixon: "I'm not a crook." Yeah, you pretty much are, Dick. Especially when you trot out the childish economic views you tout.

And funny, but as I read over my posts, I can't find a single example of "raging against any economic ideas".'Cause we all know the Good 'Ole Goobers (that's my new phrase for the GOP in case you forgot) don't have ANY ideas except:

- Lower taxes for the rich
- Lower taxes on businesses (oil co's particularly)
- Raise taxes on middle income earners
- Cut Social Security and Medicare
- Cut benefits to the neediest

In other words serve their wealthy "owners". Those don't really qualify as "economic ideas", you know? Oh, I forgot, you do know 'cause you've got a "degree in Economics". Rrrright.
nac

Piscataway, NJ

#118654 Apr 5, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hey Mr Economics (what BS), keep calling yourself an adult with a degree in economics on an anonymous forum, yeah that's convincing. Remember Nixon: "I'm not a crook." Yeah, you pretty much are, Dick. Especially when you trot out the childish economic views you tout.
And funny, but as I read over my posts, I can't find a single example of "raging against any economic ideas".'Cause we all know the Good 'Ole Goobers (that's my new phrase for the GOP in case you forgot) don't have ANY ideas except:
- Lower taxes for the rich
- Lower taxes on businesses (oil co's particularly)
- Raise taxes on middle income earners
- Cut Social Security and Medicare
- Cut benefits to the neediest
In other words serve their wealthy "owners". Those don't really qualify as "economic ideas", you know? Oh, I forgot, you do know 'cause you've got a "degree in Economics". Rrrright.
Problem is... all I said was that gas prices, unemployment, and the DJIA were all sky-high. They are.

I did not comment on any economic policy (by this administration or any other).

Just because I pointed something out that you might not like... does not mean that I'm affiliated with your political enemy, the GOP.

Some of us have moved past the false Left/Right paradigm. Basically, joe, you are a pawn. You regurgitate talking points and propaganda designed for the lowest common denominator. Your counterparts on the right do the same. You then proceed to argue nonsense with one another blissfully unaware of what is really going on.

You are not someone to be taken seriously, you don't think for yourself... a corrupt political party thinks for you. The sooner you understand this and wake up, the better.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118655 Apr 5, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is... all I said was that gas prices, unemployment, and the DJIA were all sky-high. They are.
I did not comment on any economic policy (by this administration or any other).
Just because I pointed something out that you might not like... does not mean that I'm affiliated with your political enemy, the GOP.
Some of us have moved past the false Left/Right paradigm. Basically, joe, you are a pawn. You regurgitate talking points and propaganda designed for the lowest common denominator. Your counterparts on the right do the same. You then proceed to argue nonsense with one another blissfully unaware of what is really going on.
You are not someone to be taken seriously, you don't think for yourself... a corrupt political party thinks for you. The sooner you understand this and wake up, the better.
That's all well and good but you've managed to overlook the fact that I don't cheer lead for the Dems, Libs, or Progressives. I'm merely pointing out the idiocy coming from the right. In case you haven't noticed they've become ridiculous on every issue.

Tell me something the right is proposing that you go along with.

The left may fail at times because of the vast differences in opinions and execution but the right is exactly what you accuse me of:...not to be taken seriously, they don't think ... a corrupt political party thinks for them; read tea party, etc.

And what have I said, brought, underscored that you take issue with, specifically?'Cause I notice your pretty good generalizing your attack. Get specific.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118656 Apr 5, 2013
Here's another example of one component of the nutcases running the GOP:

The Family Research Council’s President Jerry Boykin said this week that U.S. Reps. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) and Louis Gohmert (R-TX) are “standing on the word of God” in their mission to find and punish Muslims and Muslim supporters in the U.S. government.

According to Right Wing Watch, Boykin made the remarks at a panel discussion at this week’s National Religious Broadcasters conference featured Boykin alongside alleged former Islamic terrorist Kamal Saleem. The panel was moderated by Christian radio host Janet Parshall.

After portentously warning that the U.S. justice system has already been infiltrated and overcome by Sharia law, Boykin called on Americans to support Bachmann, Gohmert and Rep. Ted Franks (R-AZ) for their efforts to drive Muslims out of the U.S. government.

Chime in if you support this kind of thinking. After all these are YOUR right wing leaders and YOUR right wing ideas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min Yeah 1,216,345
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 37 min TRD 69,598
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 1 hr Glen M 81
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr litesong 52,689
Abia state school of nursing 2015/16 form isout... 6 hr Mr paul 1
Abia state school of nursing 2015/16 form isout... 6 hr Mr paul 1
Nigeria custom 2015/16 shortlisted name isoutca... 6 hr Mr paul 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr Rogue Scholar 186,829
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]