Obama promises more than 600,000 stim...

Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

There are 109499 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 8, 2009, titled Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs. In it, Newsday reports that:

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118554 Feb 20, 2013
In a rational world, a new study that came out today on income equality would constitute a major blow to the GOP argument on the sequester.

The new study was performed by Thomas Hungerford of the non-partisan Congressional Research Service. Though the study is not a CRS product, Hungerfordís data is widely cited on both sides; heís an impeccably objective analyst.

Hereís what Hungerford found: The single greatest driver of income inequality over a recent 15 year period was runaway income from capital gains and dividends.
nac

Merrick, NY

#118555 Feb 20, 2013
Joe... you're half-way to enlightenment. You've figured out (been told) how destructive Republicans (especially Republicans like Bush) are.

Good. You're half way there. Now all you have to do is figure out that the fact that Republicans are bad... doesn't make Democrats good. I know I'm probably moving a little fast for you right now, but hang in there... Just because the guys in red are bad... doesn't make the guys in blue good.

Look at actions... not the color they drape themselves in. Actions, joe... actions.

Bush's Patriot Act was bad. I'm sure you hated it at the time. But that doesn't make Obama's (more unconstitutional) Patriot Act good. It's still bad even though it's "liberal" and trendy to attack our civil liberties now. It is still bad.

We'll get to more examples later... like the NDAA, budgets, deficits, and drones later. I don't want to overwhelm you.

The point of the exercise, joe is to start thinking about actions, not parties. Try to think about the action independent of the party that has brain-washed you.

It probably won't be easy... but we'll get there, kid. Believe in yourself!
Teddy R

Reston, VA

#118556 Feb 20, 2013
joe wrote:
In a rational world, a new study that came out today on income equality would constitute a major blow to the GOP argument on the sequester.
The new study was performed by Thomas Hungerford of the non-partisan Congressional Research Service. Though the study is not a CRS product, Hungerfordís data is widely cited on both sides; heís an impeccably objective analyst.
Hereís what Hungerford found: The single greatest driver of income inequality over a recent 15 year period was runaway income from capital gains and dividends.
Runaway growth in cap gains & dividends = runaway growth in business volume & profits = runaway growth in economic (GDP) growth = runaway growth in tax revenues = runaway growth in Government spending = liberal progressive Big Government Statist NIRVANA!!

It's all of a piece, joe - what part of all that wealth-building goodness are you whining about? Isn't raking off a full QUARTER of the private economy every year so Washington bureaucrats can redistribute all that wealth enough for you?

If you were King - what exactly would you change?

Frankly, it just sounds like you need to spend less on choom, beer, and hemp sandals, and buy some stock.

You can't beat 'em joe - and trust me: you don't want to. We don't want to be Greece. So you and all the rest who are jealous of the other guy's success would do better to just quit whining and join them.

Invest.

Problem solved.
Just Saying

Central Islip, NY

#118557 Feb 20, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Runaway growth in cap gains & dividends = runaway growth in business volume & profits = runaway growth in economic (GDP) growth = runaway growth in tax revenues = runaway growth in Government spending = liberal progressive Big Government Statist NIRVANA!!
It's all of a piece, joe - what part of all that wealth-building goodness are you whining about? Isn't raking off a full QUARTER of the private economy every year so Washington bureaucrats can redistribute all that wealth enough for you?
If you were King - what exactly would you change?
Frankly, it just sounds like you need to spend less on choom, beer, and hemp sandals, and buy some stock.
You can't beat 'em joe - and trust me: you don't want to. We don't want to be Greece. So you and all the rest who are jealous of the other guy's success would do better to just quit whining and join them.
Invest.
Problem solved.
Well said. Unfortunately, your explanation will be wasted on most of the droids in this forum. The America we knew has changed, and not for the better, despite what all the true believers who adore Obama say.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#118558 Feb 20, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did they LIE about Bengahzi for weeks, joe? Why are they STILL lying and stonewalling?
You have a better explanation? Let's hear it!
why did cheney, rice and bush lie about WMD in iraq? well...it caused america to lose thousands of soldiers. you bums keep complaining about 4 in benghazi when thousands died fighting 2 fake azz wars.
WE DEMAND THE DAMN ANSWERS ABOUT THAT CROOKED SHYT!!!!!!!!!!
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#118559 Feb 20, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Total Obamabot rubbish.
Obama lied, Americans died.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/mccain-mas...
bush lied, americans died.
Just Saying

Central Islip, NY

#118560 Feb 22, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
why did cheney, rice and bush lie about WMD in iraq? well...it caused america to lose thousands of soldiers. you bums keep complaining about 4 in benghazi when thousands died fighting 2 fake azz wars.
WE DEMAND THE DAMN ANSWERS ABOUT THAT CROOKED SHYT!!!!!!!!!!
If they "lied", so did Bill and Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, and all the world's major intelligence services, who also spoke out against Saddam Hussein, and called for force against him. Considering that Saddam DID have and used WMDs against the Kurds, Shiites, and Iranian troops in the Iran-Iraq War, it was perfectly reasonable to believe that he still had them later on. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Regarding Afghanistan, that wasn't a "fake azz war" as you so eloquently put it. Bin Laden and Al Queda used Afghanistan as a base to plan and carry out 9/11 and other terrorist attacks, protected by the Taliban, so military action there was definitely necessary.
ZCs

New York, NY

#118562 Feb 23, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
bush lied, americans died.
Exactly!!!
Teddy R

Abu Dhabi, UAE

#118563 Feb 23, 2013
ZCs wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!!!
Washington lied, Americans died.

Washington keeps right on lying - and liberal progressives want to keep right on sending Washington liars even more money.
Logic

United States

#118564 Feb 24, 2013
President Obama

Right Power!
Logic

United States

#118565 Feb 24, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Washington lied, Americans died.
Washington keeps right on lying - and liberal progressives want to keep right on sending Washington liars even more money.
Three words.

What about Bush!
Just Saying

Central Islip, NY

#118566 Feb 24, 2013
Logic wrote:
President Obama
Right Power!
When it comes to Obama, it's all about the Left, not the Right.
Logic

United States

#118567 Feb 24, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>When it comes to Obama, it's all about the Left, not the Right.
Your right is wrong and screwed this country up and got folks like you brainwashed
Teddy R

Abu Dhabi, UAE

#118570 Feb 25, 2013
ILLogic wrote:
<quoted text>
Three words.
What about Bush!
Reading comprehension problems again, ILL?

Try again -

Washington lied, Americans died.
Washington keeps right on lying - and liberal progressives want to keep right on sending Washington liars even more money.


Lincoln

United States

#118571 Feb 25, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Washington lied, Americans died.
Washington keeps right on lying - and liberal progressives want to keep right on sending Washington liars even more money.
Reality: "Congratulations Mr. President."

Reality: November 4, 2008.

Reality: November 6, 2012.

Reality:
http://www.whitehouse.gov
Just Saying

Central Islip, NY

#118572 Feb 25, 2013
Logic wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right is wrong and screwed this country up and got folks like you brainwashed
Your side doubled the federal deficit in 4 years all by themselves, with no help from the Republicans. The Dems controlled the White House, Senate and House for the first 2 years Obama was in office, and did nothing, which cost them the House in 2010. When does Obama start acting like Harry Truman ("the buck stops here") or will he keep ducking responsibility and blaming former Presidents for the next 4 years too?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118573 Feb 26, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>Your side doubled the federal deficit in 4 years all by themselves, with no help from the Republicans. The Dems controlled the White House, Senate and House for the first 2 years Obama was in office, and did nothing, which cost them the House in 2010. When does Obama start acting like Harry Truman ("the buck stops here") or will he keep ducking responsibility and blaming former Presidents for the next 4 years too?
Yeah, yeah, yeah, we all know you love fox news. They say it, you say it. What else is new?
On Vacation

Bronx, NY

#118574 Feb 27, 2013
ZCs wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!!!
Couldn't agree more.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118575 Feb 27, 2013
You canít say you care about the debt after blowing the surplus and swearing to all-powerful Grover that youíll never raise taxes.

You canít say youíre for a smaller government and then use the government to decide how many forced ultrasounds a woman has to endure to make a medical choice.

You canít say youíre for fiscal discipline and let Mitt Romney pay a lower tax rate than most nurses.

You canít say youíre for families and stop millions of Americans from getting the same access to marriage that you have.

You canít accuse groups that donít exist of stealing elections and then spend millions making it difficult for anyone but rich, white men to vote.

You canít say you love America and be unable to contain your hatred for the President, the First Lady and anyone who doesn't vote Republicans.

People may not know President Obama has cut the deficit each year heís been in office or that Ronald Reagan actually socialized medicine. But they get it when theyíre being treated like a fool. And there is no messaging, no rebranding that will make that okay with most people.
Just Saying

Central Islip, NY

#118576 Feb 27, 2013
joe wrote:
You canít say you care about the debt after blowing the surplus and swearing to all-powerful Grover that youíll never raise taxes.
You canít say youíre for a smaller government and then use the government to decide how many forced ultrasounds a woman has to endure to make a medical choice.
You canít say youíre for fiscal discipline and let Mitt Romney pay a lower tax rate than most nurses.
You canít say youíre for families and stop millions of Americans from getting the same access to marriage that you have.
You canít accuse groups that donít exist of stealing elections and then spend millions making it difficult for anyone but rich, white men to vote.
You canít say you love America and be unable to contain your hatred for the President, the First Lady and anyone who doesn't vote Republicans.
People may not know President Obama has cut the deficit each year heís been in office or that Ronald Reagan actually socialized medicine. But they get it when theyíre being treated like a fool. And there is no messaging, no rebranding that will make that okay with most people.
Bush 41 lost to Clinton because he agreed to raise taxes in exchange for the Dem's promise to cut spending. Of course, they lied, spending wasn't cut, and he lost. The House Republicans recently agreed to raise taxes while Obama promised to cut spending. What happened? Taxes were raised, spending wasn't cut, and now Obama wants even more tax revenue. See a pattern here?

And speaking of elections, what's wrong with making sure only CITIZENS vote, as our laws require? The left gets all offended when voter ID is required, and for what reason? You have to show ID to fly, buy beer and cigarettes, go to the movies (if they're other than G rated), and enter government buildings and courthouses. Why not also to vote, because it's one of the biggest responsibilities we have as Americans, and must not be abused? Are you afraid your candidates can't win without illegal votes? Probably so, because history shows that the dead have voted heavily Democratic in Chicago and elsewhere for years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min VetnorsGate 1,521,428
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Dr Guru 240,314
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 71,284
News Chicago Restaurants Rally Against Trump Immigra... 3 hr Defeat Nancy Pelosi 7
Obumbler Back To Community Organizing 4 hr Defeat Nancy Pelosi 4
News Scenes from Saturday's March for Science 7 hr Trump is the man 1
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 8 hr honeymylove 2,526

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages