Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday 109,591
President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs. Full Story
yes

Paramus, NJ

#118399 Jan 22, 2013
First term: 5.2 MILLION JOBS.
Uhhhhhh No

Houston, TX

#118401 Jan 24, 2013
yes wrote:
First term: 5.2 MILLION JOBS.
First term: 8.3 MILLION WORKERS LOST

"The number of Americans age 16 or older who decided not to work or even to seek a job increased by 8,332,000 to a record 88,839,000 in President Barack Obama's first term, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics."

http://newmediajournal.us/indx.php/item/8152

Obama continues to drive the nation towards bankruptcy and economic collapse.
yes

Paramus, NJ

#118402 Jan 24, 2013
Uhhhhhh No wrote:
<quoted text>
First term: 8.3 MILLION WORKERS LOST
"The number of Americans age 16 or older who decided not to work or even to seek a job increased by 8,332,000 to a record 88,839,000 in President Barack Obama's first term, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics."
http://newmediajournal.us/indx.php/item/8152
Obama continues to drive the nation towards bankruptcy and economic collapse.
Really?

It's not the president's fault if people are too lazy to look for work.

Job Creation by the numbers under the last 6 presidencies:

Carter, 1 term; 10 million

Reagan, 2 terms; 16 million

G HW Bush, 1 term; 2 million

Clinton, 2 terms; 22.5 million

GW Bush, 2 terms; 3 million

Obama, 1 term; 5.2 million
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#118403 Jan 24, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
It sure as hell is his fault when he and his extreme progressive string-pullers Pelosi, Reid, Boxer, Jarrett, Axelrod, Plouffe, etc are enabling the lazy, disincentivizing the hard-working and job-creators with government handouts, extended UE benefits, an explosion in numbers on Food Stamps,$1 Trillion in ObamaScare taxes, increased Payroll taxes - with more job-killing/work-disincentiviz ing taxes on the way ...
yes

Paramus, NJ

#118404 Jan 24, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure as hell is his fault when he and his extreme progressive string-pullers Pelosi, Reid, Boxer, Jarrett, Axelrod, Plouffe, etc are enabling the lazy, disincentivizing the hard-working and job-creators with government handouts, extended UE benefits, an explosion in numbers on Food Stamps,$1 Trillion in ObamaScare taxes, increased Payroll taxes - with more job-killing/work-disincentiviz ing taxes on the way ...
Stop letting yourself being brainwashed by the loons of Fox News.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118405 Jan 24, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Job Creation by the numbers under the last 6 presidencies:
Carter, 1 term; 10 million
Reagan, 2 terms; 16 million
G HW Bush, 1 term; 2 million
Clinton, 2 terms; 22.5 million
GW Bush, 2 terms; 3 million
Obama, 1 term; 5.2 million
Obama "created" 5.2 million jobs... if you ignore the 4.3 million jobs lost.

http://factcheck.org/2012/10/obamas-inflated-...
TrollBot

Houston, TX

#118406 Jan 24, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
(Another juvenile and inane troll snipped)
Troll. Ignore.

"Helping ignore trolls until Topix lets you killfile the scum."
yes

Paramus, NJ

#118407 Jan 24, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
the 4.3 million jobs lost.
By the Bush administration.
yes

Paramus, NJ

#118408 Jan 24, 2013
TrollBot wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll. Ignore.
"Helping ignore trolls until Topix lets you killfile the scum."
"Melting down one post at a time"
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118409 Jan 24, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
By the Bush administration.
So anything bad that happened DURING Obama's term is Bush's fault, anything good is because of him. Got it.

Check back with me when you grow up and realize that Bush being terrible doesn't mean that Obama is good. Do you know anything about the Patriot Act, the NDAA, Fast & Furious, Benghazi, what is really in the Affordable Care Act, the "green jobs" fiasco, or any real issue?
yes

Paramus, NJ

#118410 Jan 24, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
So anything bad that happened DURING Obama's term is Bush's fault, anything good is because of him. Got it.
Check back with me when you grow up and realize that Bush being terrible doesn't mean that Obama is good. Do you know anything about the Patriot Act, the NDAA, Fast & Furious, Benghazi, what is really in the Affordable Care Act, the "green jobs" fiasco, or any real issue?
Sounds like Fox News gibberish.
You're upset the Republicans come up with lame candidates for president and then wonder why you lost.
Grow up and realize America doesn't vote crazy, they vote with common sense and Obama was the better choice, not Romney nor that contingent of weak, lame clowns that was trotted out to the country to chose from.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118411 Jan 24, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like Fox News gibberish.
You're upset the Republicans come up with lame candidates for president and then wonder why you lost.
Grow up and realize America doesn't vote crazy, they vote with common sense and Obama was the better choice, not Romney nor that contingent of weak, lame clowns that was trotted out to the country to chose from.
I didn't vote for Romney, McCain, or Bush. Try again.

I'm not a mindless partisan fool. I think for myself and realized long ago that BOTH major parties are exactly the same... and are both accomplishing nothing more than the destruction of the Constitution and freedom.

You wouldn't understand. You root for a political party as if it were a football team. You don't care what really happens... you just care who wins the PR battle.

Anyone who supports either one of those parties is paying absolutely no attention to what is really happening and is sound asleep in my opinion.
yes

Paramus, NJ

#118412 Jan 24, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't vote for Romney, McCain, or Bush.
Yes you did, stop lying.

So who did you vote for?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118413 Jan 24, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop letting yourself being brainwashed by the loons of Fox News.
I should point out that teddy is a major practitioner and pusher of the loony fox garbage. Whether he's a true believer or not is unknowable.
TrollBot

Mclean, VA

#118414 Jan 24, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
(Another juvenile troll snipped)
Troll. Ignore.

"Flagging trolls until Topix lets you killfile the scum."
yes

Paramus, NJ

#118415 Jan 24, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I should point out that teddy is a major practitioner and pusher of the loony fox garbage. Whether he's a true believer or not is unknowable.
That is so true and I agree.
That dude is on Topix each day repeating that same old Fox News lunacy like a cackling parrot.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118416 Jan 24, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you did, stop lying.
So who did you vote for?
Not everyone is a follower. I voted for Gary Johnson. Would have preferred Ron Paul.

Ask Teddy, he knows I did not support Romney or Obama last fall.

I find it astounding that people don't understand why I do not support running guns into Mexico, taking away our right to due process (NDAA), a government cover-up of another gun-running operation in Benghazi that led to the death of 4 Americans, demonetization of the Constitution, etc...

You, by supporting Obama, support ALL of those things. Along with drone strikes that kill more kids than "terrorists."

Feel good about that?
yes

Paramus, NJ

#118417 Jan 24, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everyone is a follower. I voted for Gary Johnson. Would have preferred Ron Paul.
Ask Teddy, he knows I did not support Romney or Obama last fall.
I find it astounding that people don't understand why I do not support running guns into Mexico, taking away our right to due process (NDAA), a government cover-up of another gun-running operation in Benghazi that led to the death of 4 Americans, demonetization of the Constitution, etc...
You, by supporting Obama, support ALL of those things. Along with drone strikes that kill more kids than "terrorists."
Feel good about that?
I support the best person for the job.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118418 Jan 24, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
I support the best person for the job.
Obama is not the best person for the job. Neither was Romney.
The propaganda machine will tell you that the best person for the job is "crazy" because they don't support wars of aggression, financial collapse, and the end of the Constitution. Sheep like you (and your counterparts on the right) fall for it because you've been trained to subscribe to the false left/right paradigm.
You (and your counterparts) need to wake up. Do some research. It's not hard.
yes

Paramus, NJ

#118419 Jan 24, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is not the best person for the job. Neither was Romney.
The propaganda machine will tell you that the best person for the job is "crazy" because they don't support wars of aggression, financial collapse, and the end of the Constitution. Sheep like you (and your counterparts on the right) fall for it because you've been trained to subscribe to the false left/right paradigm.
You (and your counterparts) need to wake up. Do some research. It's not hard.
So who was best for the job?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Eman 1,124,869
Amy 10-21 8 min PEllen 4
Abby 10-21 16 min PEllen 5
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 26 min HughBe 69,975
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 32 min lides 50,593
Do you find smoking attractive? (No posts about... 1 hr edogxxx 8
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Just Making It Al... 47,481
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Sgt Prepper 179,268
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]