Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

Comments (Page 5,449)

Showing posts 108,961 - 108,980 of109,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Say the Truth

North Wales, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

joe or joanne wrote:
American Family Association spokesman Bryan Fischer today blew up over the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA), warning in a blog post that “ENDA would represent the return of Jim Crow laws.”
On his radio program Focal Point, Fischer warned that if ENDA is signed into law businesses will be faced with a barrage of “flaming homosexual” job applicants.
“The homosexual lobby,” Fischer said,“will send a guy in there wearing stilettos, a dress and dangly earrings” in order to provoke Christian business-owners “not to hire him.”
Says the Marin County fruit who wears stilettos, a dress and dangly earrings (but only when going "out on the town".) Not that there's anything wrong with that...
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the Marin County fruit who wears stilettos, a dress and dangly earrings (but only when going "out on the town".) Not that there's anything wrong with that...
\

You really say a lot about yourself, don't you? You need some professional help, my friend.
crzzzd

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

youtube.com/watch...
Win Some.Lose Some
yes

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the planet is called "Gerrymandering".
That's believable among the others they come from.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Still no jobs. Good job Obama.
nac

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

joe wrote:
The Second Amendment wasn't intended to protect the right of Americans to rise up against a tyrannical government.
This canard is repeated with disturbing frequency. The Constitution, in Article I, allows armed citizens in militias to “suppress Insurrections,” not cause them. The Constitution defines treason as “levying War” against the government in Article III, and the states can ask the federal government for assistance “against domestic Violence” under Article IV.
Our system provides peaceful means for citizens to air grievances and change policy, from the ballot box to the jury box to the right to peaceably assemble. If violence against an oppressive government were somehow countenanced in the Second Amendment, then Timothy McVeigh and Lee Harvey Oswald would have been vindicated for their heinous actions. But as constitutional scholar Roscoe Pound noted, a “legal right of the citizen to wage war on the government is something that cannot be admitted” because it would “defeat the whole Bill of Rights”— including the Second Amendment.
Not surprisingly, you've got this completely backwards. The 2nd Amendment, i.e an armed populace was intended to PREVENT the government from getting tyrannical ideas. If the government knows that we CAN fight back, in theory they will act in the interests of the people and not against the interests of the people.

It is becoming less effective however (see: NDAA).

Imagine what they'll they'll try if we are nothing more than sitting ducks? We NEED the right to bear arms. If history tells us anything, it is that.

Problem is, we've become a nation of sheep (people like you and Piers Morgan) that don't understand this. History, if you understood it at all, would tell you that where there are sheep... the wolves will soon follow.

Since: Nov 08

Provo, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Well... Obama did it! He managed to put us in debt by another $6 Trillion in four years. January 20th 2009 the debt stood at $10.644 trillion. Today it stands at $16.644 trillion. And he says we don't have a spending problem...
Uma

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Indian(American citizen ) in IT field.Very Hard to get or keep my JOB

I have been in two jobs in last 2 years and looking for new job. It's been very hard for me to get a job. I see a lot has changed for me in last year or two. My recruiter says I did very well at the interview but....Some how i feel like i am getting no where with multiple leads. I don't know what's going on but it's very different form 92 or 2002 when economy slowed....I just hope i get me job soon and get back to work so i will be contributing American citizen again...

I Just find one thing in comman with all HR/recruiters call me they are all on LinkedIn and Facebook page...this new graduate batch has very different way of doing things...they say they will forward resume to manager and i think they never do...All my calls are going that way...What am i to do as job seeker that's is only path i have to take to get a job....

I am a good person, hard worker and highly qualified and fortunate enough to have had chance to work with highly regarded companies with very quality projects in past 15 years of experience and am still humble to get a job...Don't know what has happened to this IT field..it's not the same ...May it's my frustration to get a job talking ..i don't know...Hope you all understand
yes

Bergenfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

First term: 5.2 MILLION JOBS.
Uhhhhhh No

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

yes wrote:
First term: 5.2 MILLION JOBS.
First term: 8.3 MILLION WORKERS LOST

"The number of Americans age 16 or older who decided not to work or even to seek a job increased by 8,332,000 to a record 88,839,000 in President Barack Obama's first term, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics."

http://newmediajournal.us/indx.php/item/8152

Obama continues to drive the nation towards bankruptcy and economic collapse.
yes

Bergenfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Uhhhhhh No wrote:
<quoted text>
First term: 8.3 MILLION WORKERS LOST
"The number of Americans age 16 or older who decided not to work or even to seek a job increased by 8,332,000 to a record 88,839,000 in President Barack Obama's first term, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics."
http://newmediajournal.us/indx.php/item/8152
Obama continues to drive the nation towards bankruptcy and economic collapse.
Really?

It's not the president's fault if people are too lazy to look for work.

Job Creation by the numbers under the last 6 presidencies:

Carter, 1 term; 10 million

Reagan, 2 terms; 16 million

G HW Bush, 1 term; 2 million

Clinton, 2 terms; 22.5 million

GW Bush, 2 terms; 3 million

Obama, 1 term; 5.2 million
Teddy R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
It sure as hell is his fault when he and his extreme progressive string-pullers Pelosi, Reid, Boxer, Jarrett, Axelrod, Plouffe, etc are enabling the lazy, disincentivizing the hard-working and job-creators with government handouts, extended UE benefits, an explosion in numbers on Food Stamps,$1 Trillion in ObamaScare taxes, increased Payroll taxes - with more job-killing/work-disincentiviz ing taxes on the way ...
yes

Bergenfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure as hell is his fault when he and his extreme progressive string-pullers Pelosi, Reid, Boxer, Jarrett, Axelrod, Plouffe, etc are enabling the lazy, disincentivizing the hard-working and job-creators with government handouts, extended UE benefits, an explosion in numbers on Food Stamps,$1 Trillion in ObamaScare taxes, increased Payroll taxes - with more job-killing/work-disincentiviz ing taxes on the way ...
Stop letting yourself being brainwashed by the loons of Fox News.
nac

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Job Creation by the numbers under the last 6 presidencies:
Carter, 1 term; 10 million
Reagan, 2 terms; 16 million
G HW Bush, 1 term; 2 million
Clinton, 2 terms; 22.5 million
GW Bush, 2 terms; 3 million
Obama, 1 term; 5.2 million
Obama "created" 5.2 million jobs... if you ignore the 4.3 million jobs lost.

http://factcheck.org/2012/10/obamas-inflated-...
TrollBot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

yes wrote:
<quoted text>
(Another juvenile and inane troll snipped)
Troll. Ignore.

"Helping ignore trolls until Topix lets you killfile the scum."
yes

Bergenfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

nac wrote:
<quoted text>
the 4.3 million jobs lost.
By the Bush administration.
yes

Bergenfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

TrollBot wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll. Ignore.
"Helping ignore trolls until Topix lets you killfile the scum."
"Melting down one post at a time"
nac

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

yes wrote:
<quoted text>
By the Bush administration.
So anything bad that happened DURING Obama's term is Bush's fault, anything good is because of him. Got it.

Check back with me when you grow up and realize that Bush being terrible doesn't mean that Obama is good. Do you know anything about the Patriot Act, the NDAA, Fast & Furious, Benghazi, what is really in the Affordable Care Act, the "green jobs" fiasco, or any real issue?
yes

Bergenfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

nac wrote:
<quoted text>
So anything bad that happened DURING Obama's term is Bush's fault, anything good is because of him. Got it.
Check back with me when you grow up and realize that Bush being terrible doesn't mean that Obama is good. Do you know anything about the Patriot Act, the NDAA, Fast & Furious, Benghazi, what is really in the Affordable Care Act, the "green jobs" fiasco, or any real issue?
Sounds like Fox News gibberish.
You're upset the Republicans come up with lame candidates for president and then wonder why you lost.
Grow up and realize America doesn't vote crazy, they vote with common sense and Obama was the better choice, not Romney nor that contingent of weak, lame clowns that was trotted out to the country to chose from.
nac

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like Fox News gibberish.
You're upset the Republicans come up with lame candidates for president and then wonder why you lost.
Grow up and realize America doesn't vote crazy, they vote with common sense and Obama was the better choice, not Romney nor that contingent of weak, lame clowns that was trotted out to the country to chose from.
I didn't vote for Romney, McCain, or Bush. Try again.

I'm not a mindless partisan fool. I think for myself and realized long ago that BOTH major parties are exactly the same... and are both accomplishing nothing more than the destruction of the Constitution and freedom.

You wouldn't understand. You root for a political party as if it were a football team. You don't care what really happens... you just care who wins the PR battle.

Anyone who supports either one of those parties is paying absolutely no attention to what is really happening and is sound asleep in my opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 108,961 - 108,980 of109,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••