Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

Comments (Page 5,447)

Showing posts 108,921 - 108,940 of109,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
joe

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

True or false?

For most of US history, Americans had broad gun rights.

That's false. Until recently, individual gun rights were severely restricted with NRA support.
Say the Truth

North Wales, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

joe wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want to equate death and injuries to a disease. On this we can agree. Guns, like diarrhea are a disease, in America. All so the small, insecure American male can feel potent and powerful.
A disease. I think you're right.
You have a disease called liberalism, known medically as Cranial Diarrhea. The promulgation of Liberalism is the cause of our current social ills.
Say the Truth

North Wales, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

joe wrote:
True or false?
That's false. Until recently, individual gun rights were severely restricted with NRA support.
Napa Valley kook.
Say the Truth

North Wales, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

joe wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you equate driving a car, a necessity in America, with a recreational "sport"? Get real, will ya?
You can take public transit.

What you call a "sport," the Founders call a "Right." The Founders were a lot smarter tha you.
Say the Truth

North Wales, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Pittakos wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a few more facts, StT,
89 Americans killed by automobiles every day.
40 of those 89 Americans were killed by automobiles where alcohol was involved.
205 Americans killed by alcohol abuse every day.
1214 Americans killed by tobacco use every day. 134 of those Americans were not smokers but were killed by second hand smoke.
2150 unborn Americans killed every day for convenience.
These figures far exceed the deaths caused by guns yet the libs don't want to talk about these.
I saw the same stats, Pitt. Funny how hypocritical Libs are, noting the latter statistic.
Teddy R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

joe wrote:
<quoted text>
All so the small, insecure American male can feel potent and powerful.
I take it you have a parallel opinion of all those others who may feel insecure - small-framed women living alone and working the night shift, frail elderly folks living in what has become a high-crime neighborhood, minorities, etc...

Your sneering post reeks of superiority, dissing the mere idea that anyone having valid reasons for feeling insecure and wanting to avail themselves of every American's Right to keep and bear arms in self-defense is somehow merely acting out your cartoon fantasies of male penis envy - just so you can sneer at them and feel yourself superior.

Pretty childish, joe. You need to give this issue more serious thought with your mind rather than with whatever other part of your anatomy you're currently thinking about it with. Take some time.
Teddy R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

joe wrote:
True or false?
I'd be interested in seeing whatever authoritative evidence you may have that backs up this interesting claim.
joe

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You can take public transit.
What you call a "sport," the Founders call a "Right." The Founders were a lot smarter tha you.
The "founders"? Why don't you try reading the 2nd again.
joe

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be interested in seeing whatever authoritative evidence you may have that backs up this interesting claim.
I don't care what you're interested in. Not in the least. You were one of those Rovian predictors of the election, weren't you?

You continually prove that you don't know wtf your talking about. So cut the teeny bopper sarcasm and look it up yourself. My postings are for the well read, those who already know the recent origins of the NRA's latest stance on the 2nd amendment.
jikna

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

If you think Jeffery`s story is something,, 2 weaks-ago my dads girlfriend basically also made $4984 grafting eleven hours a week at home and their roomate's aunt`s neighbour has done this for seven months and earned more than $4984 parttime On their laptop. the guidelines on this web-site... http://xurl.es/o67ft
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what you're interested in. Not in the least. You were one of those Rovian predictors of the election, weren't you?
Yeah - I predicted Romney was 1:3 odds-against winning.
joe wrote:
<quoted text>You continually prove that you don't know wtf your talking about. So cut the teeny bopper sarcasm and look it up yourself. My postings are for the well read, those who already know the recent origins of the NRA's latest stance on the 2nd amendment.
I continually back up what I post with attributed sources you are then free to accept or refute.

I am not your RA. You post a claim - you back it up with authoritative sources. Or you are just posting rubbish. As is so far shown to be the case here. Your smarmy references to "the well read" (meaning, one supposes, fellow denizens of your little ideological echo chamber, well-read in HuffPo and Daily KOS) are a joke.

Put up or shut up, kid.
joe

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah - I predicted Romney was 1:3 odds-against winning.
<quoted text>
I continually back up what I post with attributed sources you are then free to accept or refute.
I am not your RA. You post a claim - you back it up with authoritative sources. Or you are just posting rubbish. As is so far shown to be the case here. Your smarmy references to "the well read" (meaning, one supposes, fellow denizens of your little ideological echo chamber, well-read in HuffPo and Daily KOS) are a joke.
Put up or shut up, kid.
What bs, you never back anything up. It's always the same old bleating sarcasm and bitter loser carping from you. You and all the rest of you oldies are done for, over. You've got nothing to contribute, and you don't have a clue that you're done for.

The world has changed, people evolve and move on. Too bad you didn't read that chapter. Night, night.

Since: Nov 08

Provo, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, don't be intentionally obtuse. No one believes, nor is anyone saying, that stricter and more restrictive laws will stop all violence. But it will surely lower the incidence. Otherwise, all you're doing is stooging for the gun manufacturers. More violence in the form of arming more people is stupid.
Besides, people will eventually decide that the carnage is not worth the "fun" of guns. Why should innocent people be required to die so that you can shoot squirrels or little paper targets?
I think you are wrong for the reasons I've already stated. You think I'm obstuse? Fine. I find you to be naive.

Provo, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

joe wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you equate driving a car, a necessity in America, with a recreational "sport"? Get real, will ya?
So, you picked on the car stat but totally ignored the second hand smoke part that kills way more Americans every year than do guns. Come on. Let's see your outrage and indignation over smoking. You want to ban guns so you should also want to ban smoking since it is by far more dangerous than guns.

Provo, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

I agree that there needs to be some sort of gun laws. For example, a simple trigger lock would have kept the latest whacko from having been able to create the carnage that he did in Newtown. Guns are a constitutionally guaranteed right but just as with all other rights, it comes with responsibility. I own several guns and they all have trigger locks on them. I am the only one who knows the combination to the locks. The perps mother paid the ultimate price for her irresponsibility to secure her guns. Training and securing are things I can support but violating the Constitution by banning, I cannot.
sally

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

I think its all balogny nothing to it. what you think ?
jikna wrote:
If you think Jeffery`s story is something,, 2 weaks-ago my dads girlfriend basically also made $4984 grafting eleven hours a week at home and their roomate's aunt`s neighbour has done this for seven months and earned more than $4984 parttime On their laptop. the guidelines on this web-site... http://xurl.es/o67ft
Teddy R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

joe wrote:
<quoted text>
What bs, you never back anything up. It's always the same old bleating sarcasm and bitter loser carping from you. You and all the rest of you oldies are done for, over. You've got nothing to contribute, and you don't have a clue that you're done for.
The world has changed, people evolve and move on. Too bad you didn't read that chapter. Night, night.
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So the claim you made that Americans' 2A rights to keep & bear arms were very restricted - with the NRA's active support - until recently is without any basis. Rubbish, in other words.

Check - glad we could get that cleared up.

Now, let's review here. I responded to your original post by noting your claim was interesting & asking you very simply, politely & respectfully if you could share whatever authoritative basis you had for making it - out of sincere interest.

You went straight to Defcon 5 in your response, which was essentially "f*&ck off, azzwhole." Real mature.

Now you're having a petulant melt-down - revealing yourself as just another angry smart-assed little kid who knows it all, long on smarts and short on wisdom, who hates "oldies." Kick Grandma to the curb.

But that's ok - most of us were there once also. Most of us eventually grew out if it.
joe

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
But that's ok - most of us were there once also. Most of us eventually grew out if it.
Except for you.
gerreth1

Malbork, Poland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Wow its imposible what I found - Really at 21.12.2012 we will end!:(

http://imgdino.com/viewer.php...
Teddy R

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for you.
Oooh! Stinging retort there, joe. You wound me to the quick ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 108,921 - 108,940 of109,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

111 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min shinningelectr0n 1,078,527
No, Global Warming Did Not Create Chicago's Agi... 13 min Guest 1
Abby 7-23 13 min Community Disorganizer 8
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Beavis 174,477
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Chicago, IL (Dec '11) 51 min Brian Shepard 116
Debate: Marijuana - Chicago, IL (Aug '10) 1 hr Brian Shepard 297
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 67,877
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 10:02AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••