Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday 109,591
President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs. Full Story
Goaskollie

Conshohocken, PA

#118239 Nov 15, 2012
Or anything he may not do .

Fawn Hall
Eugene Hasenfus

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#118240 Nov 15, 2012
drug test every one on well fair for drinking to drugs and buys them a id so the poor people can vote with there new id because thay cant aford to buy it them selfs because thay have a cell phone bill and a escalade butt wait thay get extra from drug sells

Since: Jul 12

Chester, VA

#118241 Nov 16, 2012
olddogs1964 wrote:
drug test every one on well fair for drinking to drugs and buys them a id so the poor people can vote with there new id because thay cant aford to buy it them selfs because thay have a cell phone bill and a escalade butt wait thay get extra from drug sells
It must be really sad to live in your world.

Florida did mandatory drug testing I think for two years. They found out it cost about 35 times more than they saved by kicking people off that tested positive.

Cell Phones? Have you looked for a job without having a cell phone? Do you want these people to get and keep jobs or not?

Most states if you get busted for drugs your welfare ends. Why not yours?

You are a Republican, aren't you? Misinformed. Unthinking.

Since: Apr 12

Hunt Valley, MD

#118243 Nov 16, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be really sad to live in your world.
Florida did mandatory drug testing I think for two years. They found out it cost about 35 times more than they saved by kicking people off that tested positive.
Cell Phones? Have you looked for a job without having a cell phone? Do you want these people to get and keep jobs or not?
Most states if you get busted for drugs your welfare ends. Why not yours?
You are a Republican, aren't you? Misinformed. Unthinking.
Don't forget the 2nd grade grammar and spelling.. How anyone makes out what that dope is trying to say is beyond me..
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118246 Nov 16, 2012
Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the 2nd grade grammar and spelling.. How anyone makes out what that dope is trying to say is beyond me..
I'm pretty sure the guy hasn't ever voted. He's just taking another racist using politics (pretty thinly) to attack the President.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118248 Nov 16, 2012
David Petraeus, the former director of the Central Intelligence Agency, told lawmakers on Friday that classified intelligence reports revealed that the deadly assault on the American diplomatic mission in Libya was a terrorist attack, but that the administration refrained from saying it suspected that the perpetrators of the attack were Al Qaeda affiliates and sympathizers to avoid tipping off the groups.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/17/world/afric...
Reading Pa

Conshohocken, PA

#118249 Nov 16, 2012
The city of Reading has blue tents set up where they can give free cell phones and minutes for anyone that qualifies and can help them with job search. Sounds like a drug search and arrest .

joe in anselmo ca

The administration refrained from saying what ?
They didn't want to tip off the groups spraying the Embassy and Consulate with rockets and gunfire ? Pretty lame for not acting with real time info.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118250 Nov 16, 2012
Reading Pa wrote:
The city of Reading has blue tents set up where they can give free cell phones and minutes for anyone that qualifies and can help them with job search. Sounds like a drug search and arrest .
joe in anselmo ca
The administration refrained from saying what ?
They didn't want to tip off the groups spraying the Embassy and Consulate with rockets and gunfire ? Pretty lame for not acting with real time info.
You're an idiot and obviously have never been in the military. But still, you know all about how much time and personnel and distance was involved, don't you? Idiot. You and McCain and Graham, etc. a bunch of pucking idiots.
idiot liberals

Humboldt, TN

#118251 Nov 16, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot and obviously have never been in the military. But still, you know all about how much time and personnel and distance was involved, don't you? Idiot. You and McCain and Graham, etc. a bunch of pucking idiots.
John McCain knows a hell of alot more about the military than you do, slick! Dream on! Keep sucking Obama's ass.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#118252 Nov 16, 2012
okb2 wrote:
Woman runs over her husband in Arizona because Obama won and he did not vote.
Man in Key West commits suicide because Obama won.
Thousands want to cede from the union because Obama won.
Does anyone need any more proof of you idiotic and carried away some of these people get?
I suspect that in four years the United States of America will still be here despite anything that President Obama does.
Those Romney / GOP supporters are a strange bunch aren't they?
Dem fools

United States

#118253 Nov 16, 2012
ILAL wrote:
<quoted text>
Those Romney / GOP supporters are a strange bunch aren't they?
At least we don't have our babies chopped into little pieces and sucked out of our bodies. Now THAT's a murderer for you!
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#118254 Nov 16, 2012
Dem fools wrote:
<quoted text>At least we don't have our babies chopped into little pieces and sucked out of our bodies. Now THAT's a murderer for you!
Like I previously stated, a strange bunch.

Since: Jul 12

Baltimore, MD

#118255 Nov 17, 2012
Reading Pa wrote:
The city of Reading has blue tents set up where they can give free cell phones and minutes for anyone that qualifies and can help them with job search. Sounds like a drug search and arrest .
joe in anselmo ca
The administration refrained from saying what ?
They didn't want to tip off the groups spraying the Embassy and Consulate with rockets and gunfire ? Pretty lame for not acting with real time info.
They did act. They did not want the group to know we were on to them so that they would talk freely....and they did. Al Qaeda was unaware of the attack until one of the attacking group members called to brag about it. They arrested two of the attackers in Turkey. They found some more in Yemen.

Had they known we were knew it was them none of this might have occured.

Since: Jul 12

Baltimore, MD

#118256 Nov 17, 2012
Dem fools wrote:
<quoted text>At least we don't have our babies chopped into little pieces and sucked out of our bodies. Now THAT's a murderer for you!
LMAO@U

You really want to claim that Republican women have never, ever, never gotten an abortion? REALLY?

Since: Nov 12

Hai Phong, Vietnam

#118257 Nov 17, 2012
Hope he can do, we need more than that but hope so that first :(.
Plumber Omaha Arrives in 15-55 minutes!
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118258 Nov 17, 2012
An angry comment posted by a dedicated RedState reader:

The simple fact is that in the run-up to this election, we were fed a steady diet of lies, from all our "loyal" sources. We need to hold not only the Romney campaign accountable, but also the conservative press (specifically the Murdoch press - Fox was the worst of the bunch), and the establishment talking heads like Karl Rove and Peggy Noonan. We need to get clear about something: these people are selling us a product. They have been taking our money and telling us bedtime stories . We complain about the MSM, but can we honestly say that the conservative press has been more honest?

Writing a scathing critique of the right-wing media's debacle, The Atlantic 's Conor Friedersdorf noted that in covering the election, the biggest news story of the year, "the conservative media just got its ass handed to it by the mainstream media."

And unless right-wingers start demanding some much-needed accountability from the GOP Noise Machine, the conservative drubbings will continue.

And maybe, that's a good thing.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#118259 Nov 17, 2012
joe wrote:
An angry comment posted by a dedicated RedState reader:
The simple fact is that in the run-up to this election, we were fed a steady diet of lies, from all our "loyal" sources. We need to hold not only the Romney campaign accountable, but also the conservative press (specifically the Murdoch press - Fox was the worst of the bunch), and the establishment talking heads like Karl Rove and Peggy Noonan. We need to get clear about something: these people are selling us a product. They have been taking our money and telling us bedtime stories . We complain about the MSM, but can we honestly say that the conservative press has been more honest?
Writing a scathing critique of the right-wing media's debacle, The Atlantic 's Conor Friedersdorf noted that in covering the election, the biggest news story of the year, "the conservative media just got its ass handed to it by the mainstream media."
And unless right-wingers start demanding some much-needed accountability from the GOP Noise Machine, the conservative drubbings will continue.
And maybe, that's a good thing.
Agreed.
Hmmm

New London, CT

#118260 Nov 17, 2012
OK, we better get those jobs in the next 4 years!!!
Reading Pa

Conshohocken, PA

#118261 Nov 17, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
They did act. They did not want the group to know we were on to them so that they would talk freely....and they did. Al Qaeda was unaware of the attack until one of the attacking group members called to brag about it. They arrested two of the attackers in Turkey. They found some more in Yemen.
Had they known we were knew it was them none of this might have occured.
Uh Huh they acted . Strange
It happened in Libya ,like who else would launch a mortar attack on an American Embassy in an Arab country ?# Japan#

They didn't want the terrorists to know what ? That we were on to them ? While someone was watching it in real time from a drone with their finger in their ass .
Reading Pa

Conshohocken, PA

#118262 Nov 17, 2012
joe wrote:
Barack Obama won the election.
He did not win by stealing the election. Voter irregularities always happen. It is one reason we support voter ID rules. But even in the worse scenario of reports out there, there were not enough tales of voter irregularities to matter nationwide. This is another benefit and built in safeguard of the electoral college.
Barack Obama won. He won by turning out the most people in a well run campaign. In other words, he won fair and square.
We here at RedState are American citizens. We have no plans to secede from the union. If you do, good luck with that, but this is not the place for you.
[...]
So letís add dabblers in this latest nuttiness to birthers as a category of people we do not welcome at RedState. Our aim is to beat the Democrats, not beat a retreat to a Confederacy that Generals Grant and Sherman rent asunder well over a hundred years ago.
Even here at RedState, while we may not much care for him, President Obama is still our President and we are still quite happily citizens of the United States. If we must drain this fever swamp thatís taken hold of a few people on the right over this past week before we can drain the swamp in Washington, so be it.
-Erick Erickson, Red State
http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/13/is-it-time...
No one would miss you or your Mexican red state if it dropped in the ocean phucface .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you find smoking attractive? (No posts about... 30 min Bigdaddy 5
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 41 min sonicfilter 1,124,815
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 69,969
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr wojar 179,264
Chicago a model city 4 hr Just me 6
Father Of Hans Peterson Speaks Out (Oct '07) 5 hr Getagrip 44
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr Boy G 50,587
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]