Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.
Comments
108,801 - 108,820 of 109,596 Comments Last updated Oct 22, 2013

Since: Jul 12

Chester, VA

#118208 Nov 13, 2012
Teddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Poorassed way to try to rub it in . "America didn't vote for Obama ,they voted against Republicans "
They sure as hell voted for Obama . All the black and brown race did . When asked why, the young-uns said , now I can go to college just like Obama did . The 47% that wouldn't vote for Romney were in the 59 polling places in Philly that didn't give Romney one vote. Methinks a little stretch in voting .
That school thing with Obama may be why his application for a job and Harvard would have been enhanced by listing his birthplace as Kenya.
What percentage of Black and brown normally vote for the Dem Party? After that you might have a point. On the other hand, how many white people normally vote the Republican Party? The reverse is just as apt to be true.

Chester, VA

#118209 Nov 13, 2012
Pittakos wrote:
<quoted text>
We are becoming Greece.
Mostly because of SS and Medicare. 10,000 more leeches everyday.

Chester, VA

#118210 Nov 13, 2012
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Secession Petitions from 20 States
If 25,000 people sign the petition by Dec. 7, it will “require a response” from the Obama administration, according to published rules of the White House’s online “We the People” program.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions
Sign for your states people
The first response should be to immediately stop all federal money flowing into those states until the states decide what they want to do. Why pour money into someone leaving?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#118211 Nov 13, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Heard the same thing four years ago. I am still here;, the United States of America is still here and doing better; the only thing ruinous to society is you and unfortunately you are still here as well.
If Obama don't get rid of you this time I might thing about replacing him.
your just a worthless pice of crap like all ur other supporters u think every body owes u something well the true fact is no body owes u shit and if u cant get ur liveing off of others under control than ur juat a leech like most of u are

Chester, VA

#118213 Nov 13, 2012
olddogs1964 wrote:
<quoted text> your just a worthless pice of crap like all ur other supporters u think every body owes u something well the true fact is no body owes u shit and if u cant get ur liveing off of others under control than ur juat a leech like most of u are
Glad to see what you think of military retiree's. It gives us proper perspective to judge the rest of your posts.

Since: Apr 12

Hunt Valley, MD

#118214 Nov 13, 2012
Teddy wrote:
There is no proof that Reagan knew Ollie North and an Admiral were working the Iran Contra thing from the basement of the White House .
It isn't like the CIC would walk to the basement to make sure all the lights were turned out and the furnace was working properly ?
Unless of course you ask Oliver North..

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/10/20/us/north-sa...
Lacey

UK

#118215 Nov 13, 2012
http://adf.ly/EfbCH obama with romney undercover fotos

Since: Nov 08

Provo, UT

#118216 Nov 13, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mostly because of SS and Medicare. 10,000 more leeches everyday.
Not of their own choice, however.

Chester, VA

#118217 Nov 13, 2012
Pittakos wrote:
<quoted text>
Not of their own choice, however.
Not of their choice to pay income taxes either, but how many of them bother to sign up for food stamps?

Paying taxes does not mean they have to sign up to be leeches, that is their choice.

Since: Nov 08

Provo, UT

#118218 Nov 14, 2012
Thank heavens that the President is finally going to break away from the golf course to give a press conference. Now we will be able to get the answers we've been seeking concerning Benghazi and the messy Petraeus affair. I'm sure he'll be able to clear up all the confusion. This is, after all, the most transparent administration ever.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#118219 Nov 14, 2012
ya i a shure ur daddy will be spending ur money more by going to parties and stuff like he was befor just because he can and spend the tax payers money doing it too he is just like a women spend spend spend and who,s paying for it all are you smarter than joe biden to see the real photo lets see now come on
Community Disorganizer

Florham Park, NJ

#118220 Nov 14, 2012
Obama's plan for job creation: Raise taxes and hire more do nothing gubamint employees.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118221 Nov 14, 2012
Community Disorganizer wrote:
Obama's plan for job creation: Raise taxes and hire more do nothing gubamint employees.
When you whine about raising taxes, remember that would be on $250,000 and above. And it looks like a few % points is all.

Remember: It's not "raising taxes" it's raising takes on $250K and above. Got it?

Chester, VA

#118222 Nov 14, 2012
olddogs1964 wrote:
ya i a shure ur daddy will be spending ur money more by going to parties and stuff like he was befor just because he can and spend the tax payers money doing it too he is just like a women spend spend spend and who,s paying for it all are you smarter than joe biden to see the real photo lets see now come on
Glad to see what you think of military retiree's. It gives us proper perspective to judge the rest of your posts.
Community Disorganizer

Florham Park, NJ

#118223 Nov 14, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
When you whine about raising taxes, remember that would be on $250,000 and above. And it looks like a few % points is all.
Remember: It's not "raising taxes" it's raising takes on $250K and above. Got it?
Try reducing federal spending! Got it!
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118224 Nov 14, 2012
<quoted text>
I don't care much about reducing spending. Certainly not until the economy is back in full swing.
Teddy

Conshohocken, PA

#118226 Nov 14, 2012
Pittakos wrote:
Thank heavens that the President is finally going to break away from the golf course to give a press conference. Now we will be able to get the answers we've been seeking concerning Benghazi and the messy Petraeus affair. I'm sure he'll be able to clear up all the confusion. This is, after all, the most transparent administration ever.
Obama will be the sponge boy to clean up the spillage that is still dripping from the dipstick called Benghazi . This was to be all cleaned up before the TV station put the Book (All In) on Paula's TV appearence

ALL up IN
yoursnatch

A joke can be made of anything . Just ask Ollie North about ex CIA head Colby?
Teddy

Conshohocken, PA

#118227 Nov 14, 2012
Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless of course you ask Oliver North..
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/10/20/us/north-sa...
We need more guys like Ollie North . Time has failed me to remember all the details of Iran Contra. I do remember the pilot of the plane that crashed in Central America and he escaped the crash unharmed . Can't say I recall what was in the cargo of the plane but he had a note with a phone number on it and handed it to his captors ? HELLOOO this is the White House ?

Ollie was a young tough Marine and his testosterone level was All IN the secretary he was railing in between Contra deals .

Greenbelt, MD

#118228 Nov 14, 2012
<quoted text>
I agree with Joe, keep spending where it is or even increase it. That works a lot better than reducing taxes. bush reduced taxes and we got this mess. Imagine how good the economy would be if bush had just left taxes alone.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118230 Nov 14, 2012
Just remember Republicans have so gerrymandered congressional districts in states where they controlled redistricting the past two years that they were able to elude a popular vote that went the Democrats’ way in just about every way last week.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots??? 11 min joey 4
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide 30 min ABSOLUTELYjigsWON 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 34 min 40ish 4,673
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 35 min Frijoles 68,998
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 44 min danetoo 68,381
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 177,413
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr D-U-H 49,539
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Yeah 1,100,625
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr edogxxx 97,938
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••