Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

There are 109543 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 8, 2009, titled Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs. In it, Newsday reports that:

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118224 Nov 14, 2012
Community Disorganizer wrote:
<quoted text>
Try reducing federal spending! Got it!
I don't care much about reducing spending. Certainly not until the economy is back in full swing.
Teddy

Conshohocken, PA

#118226 Nov 14, 2012
Pittakos wrote:
Thank heavens that the President is finally going to break away from the golf course to give a press conference. Now we will be able to get the answers we've been seeking concerning Benghazi and the messy Petraeus affair. I'm sure he'll be able to clear up all the confusion. This is, after all, the most transparent administration ever.
Obama will be the sponge boy to clean up the spillage that is still dripping from the dipstick called Benghazi . This was to be all cleaned up before the TV station put the Book (All In) on Paula's TV appearence

ALL up IN
yoursnatch

A joke can be made of anything . Just ask Ollie North about ex CIA head Colby?
Teddy

Conshohocken, PA

#118227 Nov 14, 2012
Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless of course you ask Oliver North..
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/10/20/us/north-sa...
We need more guys like Ollie North . Time has failed me to remember all the details of Iran Contra. I do remember the pilot of the plane that crashed in Central America and he escaped the crash unharmed . Can't say I recall what was in the cargo of the plane but he had a note with a phone number on it and handed it to his captors ? HELLOOO this is the White House ?

Ollie was a young tough Marine and his testosterone level was All IN the secretary he was railing in between Contra deals .

Since: Jul 12

Greenbelt, MD

#118228 Nov 14, 2012
Community Disorganizer wrote:
<quoted text>
Try reducing federal spending! Got it!
I agree with Joe, keep spending where it is or even increase it. That works a lot better than reducing taxes. bush reduced taxes and we got this mess. Imagine how good the economy would be if bush had just left taxes alone.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118230 Nov 14, 2012
Just remember Republicans have so gerrymandered congressional districts in states where they controlled redistricting the past two years that they were able to elude a popular vote that went the Democratsí way in just about every way last week.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#118231 Nov 15, 2012
democrats suck not just one butt all .

Since: Apr 12

Hunt Valley, MD

#118233 Nov 15, 2012
Community Disorganizer wrote:
Obama's plan for job creation: Raise taxes and hire more do nothing gubamint employees.
Good!!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#118234 Nov 15, 2012
his plan is to do nothing for america and do every thing for him self and his personel family .

Since: Jul 12

Chester, VA

#118235 Nov 15, 2012
olddogs1964 wrote:
his plan is to do nothing for america and do every thing for him self and his personel family .
Which is exactly why Romney lost.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118236 Nov 15, 2012
Barack Obama won the election.

He did not win by stealing the election. Voter irregularities always happen. It is one reason we support voter ID rules. But even in the worse scenario of reports out there, there were not enough tales of voter irregularities to matter nationwide. This is another benefit and built in safeguard of the electoral college.

Barack Obama won. He won by turning out the most people in a well run campaign. In other words, he won fair and square.

We here at RedState are American citizens. We have no plans to secede from the union. If you do, good luck with that, but this is not the place for you.

[...]

So letís add dabblers in this latest nuttiness to birthers as a category of people we do not welcome at RedState. Our aim is to beat the Democrats, not beat a retreat to a Confederacy that Generals Grant and Sherman rent asunder well over a hundred years ago.

Even here at RedState, while we may not much care for him, President Obama is still our President and we are still quite happily citizens of the United States. If we must drain this fever swamp thatís taken hold of a few people on the right over this past week before we can drain the swamp in Washington, so be it.

-Erick Erickson, Red State
http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/13/is-it-time...

Since: Apr 12

Hunt Valley, MD

#118237 Nov 15, 2012
joe wrote:
Barack Obama won the election.
He did not win by stealing the election. Voter irregularities always happen. It is one reason we support voter ID rules. But even in the worse scenario of reports out there, there were not enough tales of voter irregularities to matter nationwide. This is another benefit and built in safeguard of the electoral college.
Barack Obama won. He won by turning out the most people in a well run campaign. In other words, he won fair and square.
We here at RedState are American citizens. We have no plans to secede from the union. If you do, good luck with that, but this is not the place for you.
[...]
So letís add dabblers in this latest nuttiness to birthers as a category of people we do not welcome at RedState. Our aim is to beat the Democrats, not beat a retreat to a Confederacy that Generals Grant and Sherman rent asunder well over a hundred years ago.
Even here at RedState, while we may not much care for him, President Obama is still our President and we are still quite happily citizens of the United States. If we must drain this fever swamp thatís taken hold of a few people on the right over this past week before we can drain the swamp in Washington, so be it.
-Erick Erickson, Red State
http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/13/is-it-time...
You sir are a real man and a true patriot.. Even though we may disagree on how to get there, it would appear that our country comes first. God bless you and those like you. Unfortunately the onslaught to come for standing tall by the Right wing animals will probably be nasty. Ask Gov. Christie and Sen. McCain....

Since: Jul 12

Chester, VA

#118238 Nov 15, 2012
Woman runs over her husband in Arizona because Obama won and he did not vote.

Man in Key West commits suicide because Obama won.

Thousands want to cede from the union because Obama won.

Does anyone need any more proof of you idiotic and carried away some of these people get?

I suspect that in four years the United States of America will still be here despite anything that President Obama does.
Goaskollie

Conshohocken, PA

#118239 Nov 15, 2012
Or anything he may not do .

Fawn Hall
Eugene Hasenfus

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#118240 Nov 15, 2012
drug test every one on well fair for drinking to drugs and buys them a id so the poor people can vote with there new id because thay cant aford to buy it them selfs because thay have a cell phone bill and a escalade butt wait thay get extra from drug sells

Since: Jul 12

Chester, VA

#118241 Nov 16, 2012
olddogs1964 wrote:
drug test every one on well fair for drinking to drugs and buys them a id so the poor people can vote with there new id because thay cant aford to buy it them selfs because thay have a cell phone bill and a escalade butt wait thay get extra from drug sells
It must be really sad to live in your world.

Florida did mandatory drug testing I think for two years. They found out it cost about 35 times more than they saved by kicking people off that tested positive.

Cell Phones? Have you looked for a job without having a cell phone? Do you want these people to get and keep jobs or not?

Most states if you get busted for drugs your welfare ends. Why not yours?

You are a Republican, aren't you? Misinformed. Unthinking.

Since: Apr 12

Hunt Valley, MD

#118243 Nov 16, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be really sad to live in your world.
Florida did mandatory drug testing I think for two years. They found out it cost about 35 times more than they saved by kicking people off that tested positive.
Cell Phones? Have you looked for a job without having a cell phone? Do you want these people to get and keep jobs or not?
Most states if you get busted for drugs your welfare ends. Why not yours?
You are a Republican, aren't you? Misinformed. Unthinking.
Don't forget the 2nd grade grammar and spelling.. How anyone makes out what that dope is trying to say is beyond me..
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118246 Nov 16, 2012
Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the 2nd grade grammar and spelling.. How anyone makes out what that dope is trying to say is beyond me..
I'm pretty sure the guy hasn't ever voted. He's just taking another racist using politics (pretty thinly) to attack the President.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118248 Nov 16, 2012
David Petraeus, the former director of the Central Intelligence Agency, told lawmakers on Friday that classified intelligence reports revealed that the deadly assault on the American diplomatic mission in Libya was a terrorist attack, but that the administration refrained from saying it suspected that the perpetrators of the attack were Al Qaeda affiliates and sympathizers to avoid tipping off the groups.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/17/world/afric...
Reading Pa

Conshohocken, PA

#118249 Nov 16, 2012
The city of Reading has blue tents set up where they can give free cell phones and minutes for anyone that qualifies and can help them with job search. Sounds like a drug search and arrest .

joe in anselmo ca

The administration refrained from saying what ?
They didn't want to tip off the groups spraying the Embassy and Consulate with rockets and gunfire ? Pretty lame for not acting with real time info.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118250 Nov 16, 2012
Reading Pa wrote:
The city of Reading has blue tents set up where they can give free cell phones and minutes for anyone that qualifies and can help them with job search. Sounds like a drug search and arrest .
joe in anselmo ca
The administration refrained from saying what ?
They didn't want to tip off the groups spraying the Embassy and Consulate with rockets and gunfire ? Pretty lame for not acting with real time info.
You're an idiot and obviously have never been in the military. But still, you know all about how much time and personnel and distance was involved, don't you? Idiot. You and McCain and Graham, etc. a bunch of pucking idiots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min Bluestater 1,232,573
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Rogue Scholar 05 189,827
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr Net Workit 5,997
News 17 shot-2 fatally-in bloody start to Memorial D... 7 hr BLDM 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr OzRitz 53,486
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 hr Ratloder 70,018
Amy 5-24-15 9 hr tiredofit 4
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]