Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

Comments (Page 5,429)

Showing posts 108,561 - 108,580 of109,637
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
joe

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Pfluger the Union Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me do my Joey Biden: LOL!!!
The NLRB has no business telling a private company where it may locate. You probably have no idea what I am referring to, since you are an Obamatronic.
You are really too, too stupid, aren't you! My reference to the NRLB is pretty clear, don't you think? And what other items do you take issue with? Any of them? Didn't think so.

Here's what happened in Congress:

The Republicans unanimously voted to repeal protections to stop health insurance companies from discriminating on the basis of gender.

No minimum wage to give 30 million Americans the same pay workers got back in 1968, adjusted for inflation.

Voted to repeal the “Affordable Care Act” 33 times. Their hatred for Obamacare is not because they want full Medicare for all. It's because they want to voucherize Medicare and hand patients over to Aetna and Pfizers, et al, who return the favor with campaign cash.

Republicans rage against any attempts to stop the shipping or outsourcing of American jobs to communist and fascist regimes abroad that know how to keep their workers in powerless penury. Why? Because that is what the non-patriotic U.S. global corporations want them to do.

Anything Big Oil wants, it gets– retain big subsidies, tax breaks, weaken pollution restrictions, lease everywhere, and even give relief to oil companies when they damaged the Gulf Coast.

Voted to weaken the Clean Air Act, drinking water safety standards, cut funding for these cancer preventing, health protecting programs while pushing for more military weapons and bloated Pentagon budgets.

Republicans went so far as to vote for polluters over children, pregnant women and people who live in nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. Republicans voted to block the EPA mercury and air toxics standards that the agency estimated would save 12,000 lives every year and prevent more than one million asthma attacks.

Republicans want to weaken the National Labor Relations Board and labor laws. But when it comes to protecting the lowest tax rates and loopholes for the very wealthy, well that's another story.

While Republicans rail against Obama for not doing anything to lower gas prices, they are voting against measures to regulate oil and gas speculators who drive up gas prices, a fact recognized by the CEO of Exxon a few years ago in a Senate hearing.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

i am tired of obama makeing promises he dont intend to keep and then lie about it saying he did not say that. so promises from him are cheep talk because he is a cheep ass.

Since: Apr 12

Hunt Valley, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

joe wrote:
Here's what happened in Congress:
The Republicans unanimously voted to repeal protections to stop health insurance companies from discriminating on the basis of gender.
No minimum wage to give 30 million Americans the same pay workers got back in 1968, adjusted for inflation.
Voted to repeal the “Affordable Care Act” 33 times. Their hatred for Obamacare is not because they want full Medicare for all. It's because they want to voucherize Medicare and hand patients over to Aetna and Pfizers, et al, who return the favor with campaign cash.
Republicans rage against any attempts to stop the shipping or outsourcing of American jobs to communist and fascist regimes abroad that know how to keep their workers in powerless penury. Why? Because that is what the non-patriotic U.S. global corporations want them to do. Anything Big Oil wants, it gets– retain big subsidies, tax breaks, weaken pollution restrictions, lease everywhere, and even give relief to oil companies when they damaged the Gulf Coast.
Voted to weaken the Clean Air Act, drinking water safety standards, cut funding for these cancer preventing, health protecting programs while pushing for more military weapons and bloated Pentagon budgets.
Republicans went so far as to vote for polluters over children, pregnant women and people who live in nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. Republicans voted to block the EPA mercury and air toxics standards that the agency estimated would save 12,000 lives every year and prevent more than one million asthma attacks.
Republicans want to weaken the National Labor Relations Board and labor laws. But when it comes to protecting the lowest tax rates and loopholes for the very wealthy, well that's another story.
While Republicans rail against Obama for not doing anything to lower gas prices, they are voting against measures to regulate oil and gas speculators who drive up gas prices, a fact recognized by the CEO of Exxon a few years ago in a Senate hearing.
I am Mitt Romney and I approve this message.

Hunt Valley, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

olddogs1964 wrote:
obama dont know math he onely knows speach and talk a line of crap to the bigist pill of crap .
Obviously your math skills far excede your grammar and spelling skills. Teabaggin' don't need good spellin'!

Since: Nov 08

Provo, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously your math skills far excede your grammar and spelling skills. Teabaggin' don't need good spellin'!
When you can't defend your "dear leader," resort to attacking someone's grammar and spelling in order to deflect. But, what makes it even funnier is when the spelling police make spelling errors when pointing out someone else's spelling errors.
joe

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Bush's FEMA Director, Michael Brown, Criticizes Obama for Responding to Sandy Too Quickly

Truly, irony is indeed dead.

How small the Republican party has become.
joe

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Bloomberg News confirmed through using a Freedom of Information Act request that Mitt Romney set up a charitable remainder unitrust (CRUT) in June 1996 just before Congress cracked down on the loophole in 1997. While Republicans have extolled Romney for his charitable donations, most of them are contributions to the Mormon Church, and according to this, the church will likely receive even less than the primary donation, while he is benefiting.

Individuals who had already set up these vehicles were allowed to keep them. That included Mitt Romney, then the chief executive officer of Bain Capital, who had just established such an arrangement in June 1996.

“In this instance, Romney used the tax-exempt status of a charity — the Mormon Church, according to a 2007 filing — to defer taxes for more than 15 years,” Bloomberg’s Jesse Drucker explained.“At the same time he is benefitting, the trust will probably leave the church with less than what current law requires.”
Just Sayin

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

joe wrote:
Bloomberg News confirmed through using a Freedom of Information Act request that Mitt Romney set up a charitable remainder unitrust (CRUT) in June 1996 just before Congress cracked down on the loophole in 1997. While Republicans have extolled Romney for his charitable donations, most of them are contributions to the Mormon Church, and according to this, the church will likely receive even less than the primary donation, while he is benefiting.
Individuals who had already set up these vehicles were allowed to keep them. That included Mitt Romney, then the chief executive officer of Bain Capital, who had just established such an arrangement in June 1996.
“In this instance, Romney used the tax-exempt status of a charity — the Mormon Church, according to a 2007 filing — to defer taxes for more than 15 years,” Bloomberg’s Jesse Drucker explained.“At the same time he is benefitting, the trust will probably leave the church with less than what current law requires.”
Yea, cause GOD FORBID someone wants to keep more of THEIR money! But what's the bigger picture here?

!!!! HE DID IT LEGALLY !!!!

You need to also consider the fact that this was created in 1969 during a tax reform law, when a DEMOCRAT was in office!

But the bottom line here .... WHO F*CKING CARES! There is NO story here and this is just another attempt from a jackass that sees Obama doing NO wrong regardless of what he does OR has done! It's pathetic that you can't step outside of the sh*t view you have and look at candidates as individuals and instead choose to reduce yourself to picking a side and staying with it come hell or high water. You evidently have no issue going down with the ship, even though you know it's got a gigantic hole in the damn thing and is going to sink! ANYONE who walks around with a narrow mind like that is in the same place.

FACT: If what Obama has done the last 4 years was done by a Republican (i.e. RECORD BREAKING debt, RECORD BREAKING spending, RECORD BREAKING borrowing, the constant lie and cover up, the changes he has made to welfare reform, the constant failed so-called "investments", etc) they would have been CRUCIFIED!

But Obama does it, and it's OK cause people that believe in their 'Messiah' have no problem looking past how much of a failure he has been and instead, pick at little news stories like charitable remainder unitrusts (CRUT) and somehow think this is a story.

REALLY? I mean..... REALLY!?!?!?

If Obama was Republican, I would vote him OUT. If Romney was Democrat, I would vote him IN. I could give a sh*t anymore about party lines cause they are so blurred anymore. I want my government smaller and out of my life except where they are supposed to be, the budget balanced, waste eliminated, more of MY money back, the 53% that don't pay into 'Federal Income Taxes' to start paying (Fair Share ya know!) OR invoke a tax code that makes sense (like Fair Tax), I want a law to push able bodied people OFF of Welfare after 2 years, my borders protected, my military strong, significantly reduce or eliminate taxes on businesses that stay within the US and put a fair or proportionate tax on those that choose to move out of this country, and so on.

You give me a candidate that's even close to these types of qualifications, they have my vote, regardless of their party.

....'nuf said!
To The Point

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, cause GOD FORBID someone wants to keep more of THEIR money! But what's the bigger picture here?
You need to also consider the fact that this was created in 1969 during a tax reform law, when a DEMOCRAT was in office!
But the bottom line here .... WHO F*CKING CARES! There is NO story here and this is just another attempt from a jackass that sees Obama doing NO wrong regardless of what he does OR has done! It's pathetic that you can't step outside of the sh*t view you have and look at candidates as individuals and instead choose to reduce yourself to picking a side and staying with it come hell or high water. You evidently have no issue going down with the ship, even though you know it's got a gigantic hole in the damn thing and is going to sink! ANYONE who walks around with a narrow mind like that is in the same place.
FACT: If what Obama has done the last 4 years was done by a Republican (i.e. RECORD BREAKING debt, RECORD BREAKING spending, RECORD BREAKING borrowing, the constant lie and cover up, the changes he has made to welfare reform, the constant failed so-called "investments", etc) they would have been CRUCIFIED!
But Obama does it, and it's OK cause people that believe in their 'Messiah' have no problem looking past how much of a failure he has been and instead, pick at little news stories like charitable remainder unitrusts (CRUT) and somehow think this is a story.
If Obama was Republican, I would vote him OUT. If Romney was Democrat, I would vote him IN. I could give a sh*t anymore about party lines cause they are so blurred anymore. I want my government smaller and out of my life except where they are supposed to be, the budget balanced, waste eliminated, more of MY money back, the 53% that don't pay into 'Federal Income Taxes' to start paying (Fair Share ya know!) OR invoke a tax code that makes sense (like Fair Tax), I want a law to push able bodied people OFF of Welfare after 2 years, my borders protected, my military strong, significantly reduce or eliminate taxes on businesses that stay within the US and put a fair or proportionate tax on those that choose to move out of this country, and so on.
You give me a candidate that's even close to these types of qualifications, they have my vote, regardless of their party.
....'nuf said!
!!! VERY WELL STATED !!! I agree 100%!

Hunt Valley, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Pittakos wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can't defend your "dear leader," resort to attacking someone's grammar and spelling in order to deflect. But, what makes it even funnier is when the spelling police make spelling errors when pointing out someone else's spelling errors.
If someone is going to disparage the President, they should at least have a point and sound like they can put more than two words together in a coherent sentence. Just spitting back the same nonsense and lies they hear on TV makes them look foolish and when they have grammatical errors in a paragraph that makes no sense just cements my point. It would appear that he was the child left behind.

Hunt Valley, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
....'nuf said!
How do you know he made it legally? He won't release his financial records. That should tell you something. But only if you savvy enough to care. And I know it would require reading, which most Teabagged Retardicans hate, but look back at history and see what the corporate tax rates were during the USA's most economically successfull periods. Facts are like kryptonite to you Teabagged Retardicans, so don't get too close.
James Madison

Guin, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Did all you Libturds know, Obama is going to Tax You everytime you use the Internet

Your-a-bunchofdumbasses !!!!!!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xuhh00_presi ...

Hunt Valley, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

James Madison wrote:
Did all you Libturds know, Obama is going to Tax You everytime you use the Internet
Your-a-bunchofdumbasses !!!!!!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xuhh00_presi ...
LMAO.. You are a buffoon...
Independent Thinker

Paso Robles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, cause GOD FORBID someone wants to keep more of THEIR money!

But what's the bigger picture here?

....'nuf said!
All EXCELLENT POINTS!!!

To The Point

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know he made it legally? He won't release his financial records. That should tell you something. But only if you savvy enough to care. And I know it would require reading, which most Teabagged Retardicans hate, but look back at history and see what the corporate tax rates were during the USA's most economically successfull periods. Facts are like kryptonite to you Teabagged Retardicans, so don't get too close.
And yet again, another empty, irrelevant, and RETARDED rebuttal. Once again, no points here and you're showing your true colors dickhead. You hate Republicans.... WOW! What a stretch. WHO F*CKING CARES!

The point being made about it being LEGAL is because the IRS isn't chasing his ass down for back taxes or tax evasion. And you know DAMN WELL that if there was ANYTHING wrong with taxes that Obama and his ilk would have LEAKED it and would have been ALL OVER IT!

Now, you want to chew on Romney for something as trivial as this, now why don't you chew on your f*ckin Messiah about the SH*T job he has been doing? Are you big enough to do that, or just as narrow minded as I know you are?

Damn you're pathetic....
joe

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

To The Point wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet again, another empty, irrelevant, and RETARDED rebuttal. Once again, no points here and you're showing your true colors dickhead. You hate Republicans.... WOW! What a stretch. WHO F*CKING CARES!
The point being made about it being LEGAL is because the IRS isn't chasing his ass down for back taxes or tax evasion. And you know DAMN WELL that if there was ANYTHING wrong with taxes that Obama and his ilk would have LEAKED it and would have been ALL OVER IT!
Now, you want to chew on Romney for something as trivial as this, now why don't you chew on your f*ckin Messiah about the SH*T job he has been doing? Are you big enough to do that, or just as narrow minded as I know you are?
Damn you're pathetic....
Talk about pathetic... You guys don't lose very well, do you?
Obama

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mo jobs fo ebbyone!
joe

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

WASHINGTON -- Bob Crowder, the Republican who ran against Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) in the primary, announced Wednesday that he is endorsing Democrat Patrick Murphy in the congressional race. And he didn't mince his words.

“As a Republican for over 30 years, I'm embarrassed by the radical fringe that has taken over the party. Sadly, Allen West is their poster child, and the hateful, divisive comments he's made throughout this campaign make it clear to me he’s the wrong choice for our district,” Crowder said in a statement.

Crowder, who is the Martin County Sheriff, said he is backing Murphy because "he has the right temperament and respect for others -- including people he doesn't agree with."
joe

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Obama wrote:
Mo jobs fo ebbyone!
You guys sure are classy, aren't you?
joe

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

This year, the GOP adopted — again — a platform under which no woman could ever legally have an abortion. Not if she was impregnated by her own father. Not if she was raped. Not if the abortion were needed to save her life. Never.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 108,561 - 108,580 of109,637
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

109 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 min Stina2 96,212
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min forks_make_us_fat 1,036,276
Abby 4-23 4 min _Annabella_ 12
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min Frijoles 65,499
Amy 4-23 7 min _Annabella_ 21
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 8 min Dream Crystal 7,554
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 11 min Dream Crystal 1,024
ask amy 4-22 1 hr Sublime1 67
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••