Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday 109,595
President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs. Full Story
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#117846 Oct 24, 2012
joe wrote:
From last weeks debate:
ďWe, of course, donít want to have automatic weapons, and thatís already illegal in this country to have automatic weapons.Ē- Mitt Romney
For those who have no other source of information (that would all you right clingers) automatic weapons are legal in this country. You better give the NRA a call and give them a head's up.
Romney's statement is correct.

Possession of automatic weapons has been illegal everywhere in the US since 1938, and it remains illegal in this country to possess an automatic weapon (except by holders of a Class III Federal Firearms License).

So what part of Romney's statement are you charging is untrue?
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#117848 Oct 24, 2012
joe wrote:
Republicans are notorious for projecting their beliefs and practices on their opponents.
For the past two years the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) passed restrictive and harsh voter ID laws to combat what they claimed was massive voter fraud.
Over the past few months, reports of voter suppression and registration fraud have built up to the point that, like Iraq, this countryís election will be monitored by an international group to stop fraud and intimidation.
The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) is a United Nations affiliate that will deploy 44 observers around the country on Election Day and an additional 80 to 90 members of parliament from nearly 30 countries to monitor American elections.
The OSCE election monitors are from its human rights office that focuses on democratization, and they will be looking for voter suppression activities by conservative groups.
Just another embarrassment Republicans have brought on our country.
Oh, please.

International observers have been monitoring elections in the US for years.

In the case of OSCE (only one of many international observers of elections), observers were invited by the US State Dept to monitor US elections in 1998 and 2000, and have observed US elections since at least the 2002 elections.
Politics as usual

Huntington Station, NY

#117849 Oct 24, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Word.
Obama lied about his responsibility for sequestration:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/827...
And he's still lying about Benghazi:
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/state-dept-em...
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/24/us-...
Official emails show the White House and State Department were advised two hours after attackers assaulted the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, on September 11 that an Islamic militant group had claimed credit for the attack.
Americans died - Obama lied.
the even bigger story is how the Obama administration was totally not prepared for an obvious terrorist attack on the anniversary of 9/11, and how Obama decided to then go to a fundraiser in las Vegas.

the most important job of the commander in chief is to keep Americans safe, and Obama failed,

just like he has failed on the economy,

just like he has failed on the debt and

just like he has failed to be transparent,

just like he has failed to be bipartisan.

Barack Obama is a total failure as president and is the worst president in the history of America.
Politics as usual

Huntington Station, NY

#117850 Oct 24, 2012
surprise, surprise, another democrat with a shady move,

Steve Israel votes for a 25 billion dollar bailout to jpmorgan chase, and low and behold, they forgive him almost 100k of his debt.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/dem_is_owe...

payoffs and kickbacks, that is what the democratic party is all about.

Since: Nov 08

Provo, UT

#117853 Oct 25, 2012
Politics as usual wrote:
surprise, surprise, another democrat with a shady move,
Steve Israel votes for a 25 billion dollar bailout to jpmorgan chase, and low and behold, they forgive him almost 100k of his debt.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/dem_is_owe...
payoffs and kickbacks, that is what the democratic party is all about.
Incredible! I mean, who in their right mind wouldn't be able to figure out that that is a no-no? Power corrupts.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#117854 Oct 25, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney's statement is correct.
Possession of automatic weapons has been illegal everywhere in the US since 1938, and it remains illegal in this country to possess an automatic weapon (except by holders of a Class III Federal Firearms License).
So what part of Romney's statement are you charging is untrue?
Lying sure comes easy to you.

Romney and you say automatic weapons are illegal in the US and then you say, and I quote: "...except by holders of a Class III Federal Firearms License.

I guess what you're saying is they're illegal if Romney says so but they're actually legal if you get a permit.
Politics as usual

Huntington Station, NY

#117855 Oct 25, 2012
Pittakos wrote:
<quoted text>
Incredible! I mean, who in their right mind wouldn't be able to figure out that that is a no-no? Power corrupts.
you are right, they know it is wrong, but they just don't care, they know that with the state of the corrupt media, no one is going to call them on it as long as they are democrats.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#117856 Oct 25, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Gov. Romney is not responsible for the current US Tax Code - Obama and the US Congress is.
It is the solemn duty of _every_ American to take full advantage of every legal means of avoiding taxes the law allows. Gov. Romney is no more nor less entitled - and burdened - to legally avoid taxes than any other American.
Now - what has the guy who currently IS responsible for leading and doing something about all these ills you've catalogued - OBAMA - done to level the playing field with China in the last 4 years?
Once again, you with the misdirecting Republican lie.

Most of these jobs moved to China which may pay workers as little as a 99 cents an hour.

Over the last two years, Mitt Romney's made large profits using a tax loophole to pay a low tax rate on profits he made from a company named Sensata.

The Sensata workers from Freeport Illinois are to be laid off near election day.

The lay-offs are in spite of Sensata having record profits.
The jobs are being shipped to China.

Chinese workers receive slave wages (about $1.35-99 cents per hour) in a communist country where plants operate without quality, safety or pollution controls.

American workers are being forced to compete with sweatshop labor with no safety, quality, labor and pollution control standards.
That is, the Sensata workersí story partly explains why the American middle class is failing and it also partly explains how the superwealthy are becoming even more wealthy.

This wasn't about tax loopholes, azhole, this was about cost of labor.

It's another example of how American labor and the concept of a "living wage" is being traded off by multi-national corporations for cheap foreign labor.

And Republicans support that concept (profit above ALL else). The rest os us, not so much.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#117857 Oct 25, 2012
Politics as usual wrote:
<quoted text>
you are right, they know it is wrong, but they just don't care, they know that with the state of the corrupt media, no one is going to call them on it as long as they are democrats.
You have quite a long list of "enemies", don't you? Who do you trust?

“2014 ! The Bar is Open !”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#117858 Oct 25, 2012
Politics as usual wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly; just worthless, partisan liberal hacks. If you listen to these people, you need more than one marble bouncing around that head of yours. All these media sources do is alter the truth. Voters need to do their own truth finding on the blogosphere and stop looking to the talking heads of the corporate media empire who are trying to tell you what to believe and how to think.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#117859 Oct 25, 2012
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly; just worthless, partisan liberal hacks. If you listen to these people, you need more than one marble bouncing around that head of yours. All these media sources do is alter the truth. Voters need to do their own truth finding on the blogosphere and stop looking to the talking heads of the corporate media empire who are trying to tell you what to believe and how to think.
And what sources do you recommend?
Logic

United States

#117860 Oct 25, 2012
A better economy, more jobs , more housing and more than enough reasons to re-elect President Obama!

Right Power!
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#117861 Oct 25, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying sure comes easy to you.
Romney and you say automatic weapons are illegal in the US and then you say, and I quote: "...except by holders of a Class III Federal Firearms License.
I guess what you're saying is they're illegal if Romney says so but they're actually legal if you get a permit.
What exactly did I post that was untrue?

Yes, weapons DEALERS and MANUFACTURERS have federal licenses that enable them to legally possess automatic weapons in the course of their busines operations. Same applies to explaosives, tanks and fighter jets, for that matter.

Automatic weapons are illegal for the public to possess, and always have been. Romney's statement to that effect is 100% truthful.

YOUR statement, on the other hand, insinuating otherwise, was a blatant lie. I called you on it - and now you look like a fool trying to cover your partisan hack tracks.

Dyckead.

Dismissed.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#117862 Oct 25, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you with the misdirecting Republican lie.
Most of these jobs moved to China which may pay workers as little as a 99 cents an hour.
Over the last two years, Mitt Romney's made large profits using a tax loophole to pay a low tax rate on profits he made from a company named Sensata.
The Sensata workers from Freeport Illinois are to be laid off near election day.
The lay-offs are in spite of Sensata having record profits.
The jobs are being shipped to China.
Chinese workers receive slave wages (about $1.35-99 cents per hour) in a communist country where plants operate without quality, safety or pollution controls.
American workers are being forced to compete with sweatshop labor with no safety, quality, labor and pollution control standards.
That is, the Sensata workersí story partly explains why the American middle class is failing and it also partly explains how the superwealthy are becoming even more wealthy.
This wasn't about tax loopholes, azhole, this was about cost of labor.
It's another example of how American labor and the concept of a "living wage" is being traded off by multi-national corporations for cheap foreign labor.
And Republicans support that concept (profit above ALL else). The rest os us, not so much.
Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Quite a litany of ills you've laid out there.

I ask you again. What has the guy who is responsible for leading and doing something about all these ills you've catalogued - OBAMA - done to level the playing field with China in the last 4 years?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#117863 Oct 25, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly did I post that was untrue?
Yes, weapons DEALERS and MANUFACTURERS have federal licenses that enable them to legally possess automatic weapons in the course of their busines operations. Same applies to explaosives, tanks and fighter jets, for that matter.
Automatic weapons are illegal for the public to possess, and always have been. Romney's statement to that effect is 100% truthful.
YOUR statement, on the other hand, insinuating otherwise, was a blatant lie. I called you on it - and now you look like a fool trying to cover your partisan hack tracks.
Dyckead.
Dismissed.
You get testy when you're caught lying, don't you?

Automatic weapons are legal in this country. You're a liar. Actually, a bald-faced, arrogant and stupid liar. Prove (that's PROVE) you're not.

All fully automatic firearms must be registered with the BATF. Different states and locales have their own ordinances.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#117864 Oct 25, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Deflect, deflect, deflect.
Quite a litany of ills you've laid out there.
I ask you again. What has the guy who is responsible for leading and doing something about all these ills you've catalogued - OBAMA - done to level the playing field with China in the last 4 years?
When we see you accusing we know that's what you're doing. Try as you may, you can't change (deflect) the subject that easily.

The subject: Mitt is "good to go" sending American jobs to China and India and any other place where labor costs get down around $2 a day.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#117865 Oct 25, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
When we see you accusing we know that's what you're doing. Try as you may, you can't change (deflect) the subject that easily.
The subject: Mitt is "good to go" sending American jobs to China and India and any other place where labor costs get down around $2 a day.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#117866 Oct 25, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, you are persistent. I say again neither Obama or China is the subject, capisc. It's about Romney lying about concern for the middle class and American jobs. He, like you, are liars. Peddle your deceit up some other pipe.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#117867 Oct 25, 2012
Here's a nice answer to one of your right wing spokespersons:

Dear Ann Coulter,

Come on Ms. Coulter, you arenít dumb and you arenít shallow. So why are you continually using a word like the R-word as an insult?

Iím a 30 year old man with Down syndrome who has struggled with the publicís perception that an intellectual disability means that I am dumb and shallow. I am not either of those things, but I do process information more slowly than the rest of you. In fact it has taken me all day to figure out how to respond to your use of the R-word last night.

I thought first of asking whether you meant to describe the President as someone who was bullied as a child by people like you, but rose above it to find a way to succeed in life as many of my fellow Special Olympians have.

Then I wondered if you meant to describe him as someone who has to struggle to be thoughtful about everything he says, as everyone else races from one snarkey sound bite to the next.

Finally, I wondered if you meant to degrade him as someone who is likely to receive bad health care, live in low grade housing with very little income and still manages to see life as a wonderful gift.

Because, Ms. Coulter, that is who we are Ė and much, much more.

After I saw your tweet, I realized you just wanted to belittle the President by linking him to people like me. You assumed that people would understand and accept that being linked to someone like me is an insult and you assumed you could get away with it and still appear on TV.

I have to wonder if you considered other hateful words but recoiled from the backlash.

Well, Ms. Coulter, you, and society, need to learn that being compared to people like me should be considered a badge of honor.

No one overcomes more than we do and still loves life so much.

Come join us someday at Special Olympics. See if you can walk away with your heart unchanged.

A friend you havenít made yet,
John Franklin Stephens
Global Messenger
Special Olympics Virginia
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#117868 Oct 26, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, you are persistent. I say again neither Obama or China is the subject, capisc. It's about Romney lying about concern for the middle class and American jobs. He, like you, are liars. Peddle your deceit up some other pipe.
Once again - what has the guy who is responsible for leading and doing something about all these ills you've catalogued - OBAMA - done to level the playing field with China in the last 4 years?

This IS the subject, and the issue - the only one that matters, and the one you clearly don't have the stones to address.

OBAMA is the POTUS. He has FAILED spectacularly to do anything effectively to turn around America's increasingly poor competitive position in the world, and vs. China in particular, that you are so fond of cataloguing. He offers nothing but the same tedious stump speech and talking points - and you're slamming ROMNEY?? The one guy in the frame who HASN'T been in elected national office with the power to fix the crap you're whining about??

Four more years for this proven incompetent Obama?? You must be INSANE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 min JOEL 69,389
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min Kristy 46,693
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min Realtime 1,110,719
Amy 9-18 23 min edogxxx 35
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min loose cannon 178,068
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 44 min maurizio74 49,849
Abby 9-19 47 min Kuuipo 6
Amy 9-19 52 min Kuuipo 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr edogxxx 98,231
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••