Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

Comments (Page 5,419)

Showing posts 108,361 - 108,380 of109,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Politics as usual

Melville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

hard to believe, but CNN's managing editor feels that Crowley did a good job.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/18/cnn...

so much for journalistic integrity, journalists in terms of respect are now at the bottom of the list for professions,
after loan-sharks, bank robbers, and thieves.

and CNN is now at the bottom of the list in regards to journalism on cable far below even msnbc.
TOOmuchAlready

Rochester, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Hope and change Guy mad alot of promisses that he didnt keep, He just wanted to get elected

Obama , One big assed mistake America
Politics as usual

Melville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

this says it all about the Benghazi timeline.

http://www.investors.com/editorial-cartoons/m...
Politics as usual

Melville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

"Media bias is more often sensed than seen, but America got its faced rubbed in it Tuesday night — by debate “moderator” Candy Crowley."

http://newyorkpost.com/p/news/opinion/editori...

this doesn't even go nearly far enough, the corrupt mainstream media are personally responsible for the millions of Americans who are unemployed and the trillions of dollars we are in debt because it is their extreme bias that led to Obama being elected in the first place,

in their extreme bias they substitute their flawed judgement for the judgement of the American people, and in doing that they jeopardize our democratic republic.

hopefully this time we will all see through the bias and propaganda, and vote to save our children's future.
joe

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Politics as usual wrote:
"Media bias is more often sensed than seen, but America got its faced rubbed in it Tuesday night — by debate “moderator” Candy Crowley."
http://newyorkpost.com/p/news/opinion/editori...
this doesn't even go nearly far enough, the corrupt mainstream media are personally responsible for the millions of Americans who are unemployed and the trillions of dollars we are in debt because it is their extreme bias that led to Obama being elected in the first place,
in their extreme bias they substitute their flawed judgement for the judgement of the American people, and in doing that they jeopardize our democratic republic.
hopefully this time we will all see through the bias and propaganda, and vote to save our children's future.
Oh you guys and your conspiracies, just hilarious, and tedious. Like children.
joe

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Romney's a Mormon - VOLUNTARILY, you ass. His personal philanthropy is totally and completely his own free and voluntary act of generaosity as well.
His personal philanthropy? his generosity? Why you sound just like the right wing hacks who are paid by the RNC. You wouldn't be on the payroll would you? Aszole.
joe

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Of the states that voted Republican in the last 3 elections, all but one gets more money back from the federal government than it pays in taxes.

For most Democratic states, it’s the opposite.

Looked at this way, the red states (Republican) are the moochers and the blue states are the makers.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2012/10/1...

“2014 ! The Bar is Open !”

Since: Dec 07

a round for all

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

joe wrote:
Of the states that voted Republican in the last 3 elections, all but one gets more money back from the federal government than it pays in taxes.
For most Democratic states, it’s the opposite.
Looked at this way, the red states (Republican) are the moochers and the blue states are the makers.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2012/10/1...
Oh you guys and your conspiracies, just hilarious, and tedious. Like children.
Logic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

When will be Romney be taken to task on Bain shipping american jobs to China?
Logic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Politics as usual wrote:
this says it all about the Benghazi timeline.
http://www.investors.com/editorial-cartoons/m...
Can you provider the timeline for 911 when 3000 americans were killed by terrorist on american soil?
To The Point

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Logic wrote:
I guess you can ask the same thing for that P.O.S. in office for doing the same damn thing.... what an idiot

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

oh so were are getting new jobs i bet there all in kenya and every where but america . thats just how obama rolls and thats the real truth

“Forward - over the cliff!!”

Since: Jul 10

Soetoro, Kenya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

TOOmuchAlready wrote:
Hope and change Guy mad alot of promisses that he didnt keep, He just wanted to get elected
Obama , One big assed mistake America
Obama is not optimal.

“2014 ! The Bar is Open !”

Since: Dec 07

a round for all

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Logic wrote:
Can you provide the timeline when these jobs were shipped ?

Since: Nov 08

Provo, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah. You guys come to the show but don't know how to play. You made the claim, provide the link. Looking forward to "The Plan."
The other 20%? Would that be in this years return or all of his returns. The ones we're all going to have to "just trust him" on. Just in case you haven't noticed, I don't trust Republicans. They lie way too frequently and easily.
Did you look it up yet, joe? I didn't think so because you want to be spoon fed which is why you are such an ardent Obamatron. You want everything handed to you on a platter instead of going out and working for it. You know, like your Obama-phone. By the way, how is that Obama-gas working out for you? You know, that gas that costs twice as much at the pump than what it was four years ago?

Republicans lie way too frequently? You mean they say things like, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" or "It was a spontaneous act of violence because of a movie" or "I will cut the deficit in half?" Romney is a good man. He is very generous with his money. I've met him. I've talked to him. I've worked with him during the Olympics. He didn't take a salary for the Olympics work he did nor for his time as Governor of Massachusetts. I'm willing to bet he won't take the $400,000 salary that comes with the office of POTUS either. Being charitable is when you give of yourself willingly, not when the government forcefully takes it from you to give to someone else.

It's going to be great to have some integrity returned to the White House.

Provo, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Politics as usual wrote:
hard to believe, but CNN's managing editor feels that Crowley did a good job.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/18/cnn...
so much for journalistic integrity, journalists in terms of respect are now at the bottom of the list for professions,
after loan-sharks, bank robbers, and thieves.
and CNN is now at the bottom of the list in regards to journalism on cable far below even msnbc.
You forgot lawyers...

Provo, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Logic wrote:
You mean those jobs that were shipped off to China after Romney was no longer involved with Bain? Good grief you guys are dense. I know, lets focus on binders instead of our languishing economy we've had during these past four years under O'dough-head's leadership.

Provo, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Pfluger the Union Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is not optimal.
"Bumps in the road." "Not optimal." The One sure has a way with words when it comes to US citizens, doesn't he?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

oh ya we can make it lots worse than it is and it will get there if u put obama back in so just get ready to suffer like you never have because ur vote will break us or free us you pick ur gun and use it very wisely . ya ur life bepends on it bet ur ass it will .
joe

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Pittakos wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you look it up yet, joe? I didn't think so because you want to be spoon fed which is why you are such an ardent Obamatron. You want everything handed to you on a platter instead of going out and working for it. You know, like your Obama-phone. By the way, how is that Obama-gas working out for you? You know, that gas that costs twice as much at the pump than what it was four years ago?
Republicans lie way too frequently? You mean they say things like, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" or "It was a spontaneous act of violence because of a movie" or "I will cut the deficit in half?" Romney is a good man. He is very generous with his money. I've met him. I've talked to him. I've worked with him during the Olympics. He didn't take a salary for the Olympics work he did nor for his time as Governor of Massachusetts. I'm willing to bet he won't take the $400,000 salary that comes with the office of POTUS either. Being charitable is when you give of yourself willingly, not when the government forcefully takes it from you to give to someone else.
It's going to be great to have some integrity returned to the White House.
Okay, I gave you a chance and like a typical ideologue you can't deliver. So here's Romneys "Plan".

1) Tax cuts for the wealthy plus weaker environmental protection. Otherwise known as Bushonomics.

That's the plan that Romney says would create 12 million jobs over the next four years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 108,361 - 108,380 of109,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Yeah 1,072,392
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 5 min Midlothian Composer 3,817
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 min PEllen 97,437
Stop Blaming Chicago Police 27 min SuperMcCarthy is an idiot 4
Beach Towel Racism 36 min needs another read 30
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 52 min andet1987 397
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 173,641
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000