Obama promises more than 600,000 stim...

Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

There are 109514 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 8, 2009, titled Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs. In it, Newsday reports that:

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Nov 08

Provo, UT

#117803 Oct 23, 2012
Politics as usual wrote:
<quoted text>
actually i am a little scared that Joe might get his mommy to yell at me, or start a chorus of liar, liar, pants on fire.
on a good note, Romney effectively used the rope-a-dope last night and he drew Obama right in, all Obama had left was his personal likeability and after last night, as disrespectful as he was, that will be gone as well.
now we have a president who is incompetent and corrupt, has done the worst job of any president in the history of this country, and who came across as likeable as Bill Maher does.
frankly unless the corrupt media led by the blowhard Candy Crowley at CNN and the new york rag can totally mislead the public, this election is over.
I hope and pray that you are right ... well except for the part about joe's mummy coming after you.

It seems that initial results show Oblowhard won the debate on slickness points but the substance was lacking. He can't run on his failures so he only has witty little quips to throw back at Romney. Even though the crowd says he won, he fell behind in swaying votes.

Early voting starts here today. I think I'll meander on down to the voting booth sometime this week to leave my boot-print in the back of the Kenyans pants.

Do you think they'll allow the votes from States 51 through 57 to be counted?

Provo, UT

#117804 Oct 23, 2012
olddogs1964 wrote:
ya take down all of our defence and let every one in to kill us sounds like a plan for the next four years . hope u fool have lots of ammo .lol good luck
The "fools" won't buy any ammo. They don't go for that 2nd amendment silliness. I just bought some more .308s last week.
joe

Corte Madera, CA

#117805 Oct 23, 2012
Pittakos wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you were owned, PAU. ;-)
Teddy is a paid employee of the Republican party. Verify for yourself the below facts, else you're just another victim of the Republican Lie Machine. And wouldn't you rather be an informed idiot right winger rather than a sheeple?

The Democrats only had a filibuster-proof majority (including two independents) from the time that Al Franken was finally seated (July 7, 2009) until the point that Teddy Kennedy passed away (August 25, 2009). That's only seven weeks, not two years.

And there was never a supermajority in the House. The balance at the start of the Congress was 257 - 178, which is a Democratic share of 59%, not 67%.

Obama never had a super majority in both Houses, let alone for two years. In the Senate, his super-majority lasted seven weeks.
There was an interim Senator from Massachusetts who was, in fact, the 60th vote for healthcare reform after Ted Kennedy died. Paul Kirk served as interim Senator from Massachusetts from September 24, 2009 to February 4, 2010. Therefore, the Democrats had a Senate supermajority for seven weeks with Kennedy and nineteen weeks with Paul Kirk, for a total of 26 weeks, or half a year.

By the time Al Franken was sworn in on July 7, 2009, Ted Kennedy had not cast a Senate vote for about four months because he was terminally ill with brain cancer.(He died on August 25, 2009.) Robert Byrd was also hospitalized from May 18 through June 30, 2009 and may not have been well enough to attend Congress and vote for some time afterward. Thus the Democrats did not really have the 60 votes needed to break a filibuster until Kirk took office.
Politics as usual

Melville, NY

#117806 Oct 23, 2012
Pittakos wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope and pray that you are right ... well except for the part about joe's mummy coming after you.
It seems that initial results show Oblowhard won the debate on slickness points but the substance was lacking. He can't run on his failures so he only has witty little quips to throw back at Romney. Even though the crowd says he won, he fell behind in swaying votes.
Early voting starts here today. I think I'll meander on down to the voting booth sometime this week to leave my boot-print in the back of the Kenyans pants.
Do you think they'll allow the votes from States 51 through 57 to be counted?
Obama probably mentioned 57 states because he is hoping the corrupt media and the democratic party can somehow make up another 7 states with dead and fictitious voters to sway the election,

frankly this is as accurate as half the things Obama said last night,

i don't ever remember a president lying as much as Obama does ever, it just shows that he is of low moral character, as well as corrupt and incompetent.

http://www.investors.com/editorial-cartoons/m...

Provo, UT

#117807 Oct 23, 2012
Politics as usual wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama probably mentioned 57 states because he is hoping the corrupt media and the democratic party can somehow make up another 7 states with dead and fictitious voters to sway the election,
frankly this is as accurate as half the things Obama said last night,
i don't ever remember a president lying as much as Obama does ever, it just shows that he is of low moral character, as well as corrupt and incompetent.
http://www.investors.com/editorial-cartoons/m...
You know, this is one of the reasons I hope Romney wins. It will be so different having someone in the White House who is a moral upstanding person with no skeletons in his closet. He doesn't drink. He doesn't carouse. He has raised a great family. He is successful in business. He gives oodles of money to charity. I mean, what a difference. I also believe he will be the type of person to build bridges instead of tearing them down. IE: none of this crappola we've had for the last four years. He won't tell the other party right out of the starting gate that they will have to sit in the back of the bus. I'm also willing to bet that his staff will be of like character at his insistence. Lets just hope America has woken up and will give him the win.
Politics as usual

Melville, NY

#117809 Oct 23, 2012
Pittakos wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, this is one of the reasons I hope Romney wins. It will be so different having someone in the White House who is a moral upstanding person with no skeletons in his closet. He doesn't drink. He doesn't carouse. He has raised a great family. He is successful in business. He gives oodles of money to charity. I mean, what a difference. I also believe he will be the type of person to build bridges instead of tearing them down. IE: none of this crappola we've had for the last four years. He won't tell the other party right out of the starting gate that they will have to sit in the back of the bus. I'm also willing to bet that his staff will be of like character at his insistence. Lets just hope America has woken up and will give him the win.
Romney really is a great candidate, and the dishonesty of Obama trickles down to where our government becomes more and more corrupt every day, as now payoffs and kickbacks have become so commonplace that no one even thinks twice about it.

the blame here is mostly on the corrupt media, they feel it is so important to support the left wing ideology that they apply a double standard again and again to the left and right wing politicians to where the left can get away with almost anything, just look at rangel, waters, meeks, towns, obama, pelosi, frank, and others, they are just a bunch of crooks, liars and thieves but because the corrupt mainstream media feel it is so important to elect democrats, they get away with it.

it was sickening to see Obama calling Romney a liar last night especially when Obama is the real liar.

i just hope Romney does win, and this win sends a message to candy Crowley's CNN, the new york times, msnbc and the rest of the corrupt that the people have had enough.

Provo, UT

#117810 Oct 23, 2012
Politics as usual wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney really is a great candidate, and the dishonesty of Obama trickles down to where our government becomes more and more corrupt every day, as now payoffs and kickbacks have become so commonplace that no one even thinks twice about it.
the blame here is mostly on the corrupt media, they feel it is so important to support the left wing ideology that they apply a double standard again and again to the left and right wing politicians to where the left can get away with almost anything, just look at rangel, waters, meeks, towns, obama, pelosi, frank, and others, they are just a bunch of crooks, liars and thieves but because the corrupt mainstream media feel it is so important to elect democrats, they get away with it.
it was sickening to see Obama calling Romney a liar last night especially when Obama is the real liar.
i just hope Romney does win, and this win sends a message to candy Crowley's CNN, the new york times, msnbc and the rest of the corrupt that the people have had enough.
We are completely on the same page. Of course, none of this comes from observation. We get our talking points from Rush. Right? ;-)(Thought I'd save poor joe the effort of spouting that off.)
joe

Corte Madera, CA

#117811 Oct 23, 2012
Pittakos wrote:
<quoted text>
We are completely on the same page. Of course, none of this comes from observation. We get our talking points from Rush. Right? ;-)(Thought I'd save poor joe the effort of spouting that off.)
Thanks for admitting your source of information. You should think about adding a few, though. Maybe from the "mainstream"?
joe

Corte Madera, CA

#117812 Oct 23, 2012
Romney says he’ll balance the budget in “Eight to ten years”.

You clods hammer Obama for not doing it in 4.

Go figure.
joe

Corte Madera, CA

#117813 Oct 23, 2012
Since 2000, the US has lost 5.5 million

Most of these jobs moved to China which may pay workers as little as a 99 cents an hour.

Over the last two years, Mitt Romney's made large profits using a tax loophole to pay a low tax rate on profits he made from a company named Sensata.

The Sensata workers from Freeport Illinois are to be laid off near election day.
The lay-offs are in spite of Sensata having record profits.
The jobs are being shipped to China.

Chinese workers receive slave wages (about $1.35-99 cents per hour) in a communist country where plants operate without quality, safety or pollution controls.

American workers are being forced to compete with sweatshop labor with no safety, quality, labor and pollution control standards.

That is, the Sensata workers’ story partly explains why the American middle class is failing and it also partly explains how the superwealthy are becoming even more wealthy.
joe

Corte Madera, CA

#117814 Oct 23, 2012
Pittakos wrote:
<quoted text>
For statements that were ruled to be “True” and “Mostly True”, it’s Obama and Biden at 45.0%, Romney and Ryan at 29.1%.

When it comes to “False”,“Mostly False” and “Pants on Fire”, it’s Romney and Ryan at 43.9% and Obama and Biden at 28.8%.

In fact, Romney and Ryan have over 4 times as many “Pants of Fire” lies as the President and Vice President.

Mitt Romney himself has well over half of the total amount of “Pants of Fire” lies (58.6%) of all the candidates COMBINED!
joe

Corte Madera, CA

#117815 Oct 23, 2012
From last weeks debate:

“We, of course, don’t want to have automatic weapons, and that’s already illegal in this country to have automatic weapons.”- Mitt Romney

For those who have no other source of information (that would all you right clingers) automatic weapons are legal in this country. You better give the NRA a call and give them a head's up.
joe

Corte Madera, CA

#117816 Oct 23, 2012
Republicans are notorious for projecting their beliefs and practices on their opponents.
For the past two years the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) passed restrictive and harsh voter ID laws to combat what they claimed was massive voter fraud.
Over the past few months, reports of voter suppression and registration fraud have built up to the point that, like Iraq, this country’s election will be monitored by an international group to stop fraud and intimidation.
The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) is a United Nations affiliate that will deploy 44 observers around the country on Election Day and an additional 80 to 90 members of parliament from nearly 30 countries to monitor American elections.
The OSCE election monitors are from its human rights office that focuses on democratization, and they will be looking for voter suppression activities by conservative groups.
Just another embarrassment Republicans have brought on our country.
PictureIDguy

Plano, TX

#117817 Oct 23, 2012
joe wrote:
Republicans are notorious for projecting their beliefs and practices on their opponents.
For the past two years the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) passed restrictive and harsh voter ID laws to combat what they claimed was massive voter fraud.
Over the past few months, reports of voter suppression and registration fraud have built up to the point that, like Iraq, this country’s election will be monitored by an international group to stop fraud and intimidation.
The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) is a United Nations affiliate that will deploy 44 observers around the country on Election Day and an additional 80 to 90 members of parliament from nearly 30 countries to monitor American elections.
The OSCE election monitors are from its human rights office that focuses on democratization, and they will be looking for voter suppression activities by conservative groups.
Just another embarrassment Republicans have brought on our country.
Restrictive and harsh voter ID laws. Which ones ? Those being laws that would reuire a picture ID ? So tell us Joe Joe, and at least TRY to be honest here, what is harsh and restrictive about showing a photo ID ? Is it the fact that it reduces voter fraud ? Why don't you enlighten us ? Tell us how this does ANYTHING other than cutting down on fraud. The tell us why YOU don't carry one since you never need one. Joe, I would go past disingenious and say you wouldn't know honesty if it bit your posterior.
joe

Corte Madera, CA

#117818 Oct 23, 2012
PictureIDguy wrote:
<quoted text>
Restrictive and harsh voter ID laws. Which ones ? Those being laws that would reuire a picture ID ? So tell us Joe Joe, and at least TRY to be honest here, what is harsh and restrictive about showing a photo ID ? Is it the fact that it reduces voter fraud ? Why don't you enlighten us ? Tell us how this does ANYTHING other than cutting down on fraud. The tell us why YOU don't carry one since you never need one. Joe, I would go past disingenious and say you wouldn't know honesty if it bit your posterior.
We don't have voter fraud, you azs. And you know it. Another creepy, dishonest right clinger hear from.
joe

Corte Madera, CA

#117819 Oct 23, 2012
Sorry, I was wrong. We do have voter fraud in the US. And it's all being committed by Republican mouth breathers.
NO JOBS FOR DISABLED

Dover, OH

#117821 Oct 24, 2012
President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign refused to hire a Missouri man because he has Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), more commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.

Jeff Lester, who was diagnosed with ALS in 1993, said he has emails that prove the campaign refused to make accommodations for his disability and give him a shot to work for the presidential candidate he’s supported since 2008.

Lester told The Daily Caller that in April 2012 he “received an email inviting me to apply for the Obama campaign Data Academy (after the training for six weeks paying jobs would be offered to top performers) and applied for it since I fulfilled all the job requirements except travel.”

According to Lester, Obama campaign staffer Lena Tom responded that the campaign would not help accommodate his disability.

Little does this guy know that if the B HO care "Complete Lives System" kicks in his care will be dramatically reduced...look it up. Who gets the least care? The very young, the old, and the disabled...

“I don’t immediately have another assignment for this week on hand, but per your bigger question on being able to work virtually – that’s probably not a realistic option,” Tom wrote back, according to Lester.“We know very well the importance of in person communication for this campaign, as things tend to move very quickly. I can’t speak specifically to your disability and how that would or would not present challenges, but ultimately you would likely be asked to relocate for a job with us."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/24/obama-campa...

Provo, UT

#117822 Oct 24, 2012
joe, did you sit up all yesterday and last night watching msnbc?

“Gobble, gobble”

Since: Oct 12

Cuckoo's Nest, PA

#117823 Oct 24, 2012
joe wrote:
Sorry, I was wrong. We do have voter fraud in the US. And it's all being committed by Republican mouth breathers.
We also have dumb people who make posts like you do.
dim

Boston, MA

#117824 Oct 24, 2012
October 23, 2012 6:52 PM

Emails detail unfolding Benghazi attack on Sept. 11

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5753868...

Hey libs - was it a spontaneous attack, was it a video?

For TWO WEEKS, the White House, Obama, Clinton, Rice lied to us to try and cover this up until after the election.

This is a scandal, no ifs ands or buts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Apr '13) 7 min Retired SOF 990
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Jacques in Orleans 214,473
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 18 min SweLL GirL 8,418
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 33 min Agents of Corruption 1,383,483
Home Bound Horror Story 55 min Bad People 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 70,607
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RJS 8,469
Observations 1 hr Angelique770 27
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Sublime1 102,009
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages