Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 8, 2009, titled Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs. In it, Newsday reports that:

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Politics as usual

Huntington Station, NY

#117666 Oct 16, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Appeared to me that Obama clearly wasn't on his game but didn't actually do any complete reversals of his positions as Romney did. Oh well.
romney didn't do any reversals of positions, your problem is that since you actually believe the obama campaign's and corrupt media's representation of romney's positions rather then his real positions, you think he changed, but he is exactly where he has been all along.

"The United States simply cannot afford another four years of weak leadership. The genius of American capitalism and the moral authority of American foreign policy must be restored.

Mitt Romney has a plan to do both. He has the credentials to restore the economy and to defend American values in a hostile world. He has the skills to help create jobs and a brighter future for our country.

This election is a true turning point for the next generation. Mitt Romney is the change the nation needs. And he is the change New York needs."

http://observer.com/2012/10/romney-for-presid...
Politics as usual

Huntington Station, NY

#117667 Oct 16, 2012
Pfluger the Union Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Exactly.
I just saw that there will be no split screen tonight. I think that's because Obama looked stupid on split screen (looking down, smirking), and Biden looked totally unhinged.
So tonight, no split screen.
i think you are right, the corrupt media are pulling out all the stops to help obama in this election, even adjusting their coverage.

i fully expect that no matter what happens in this debate they will declare obama the winner, but the bottom line is that it just doesn't matter anymore what the corrupt media say, people have totally lost all faith in them and realize how biased and corrupt they are, we will all come to our own conclusions, regardless of what the corrupt media say.

http://www.investors.com/editorial-cartoons/m...
Politics as usual

Huntington Station, NY

#117668 Oct 16, 2012
candy crowley as the representative of the corrupt mainstream media betrayed their agenda and violated the public trust tonight in her interjecting herself into the debate.

"Crowley bungled the facts in attempting to save Obama from his administration's dreadful bungling of the Libya situation. She owes the American people an apology for inserting herself into the debate in such an inappropriate and embarrassing fashion."

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffiel...

“Impeach Obama!”

Since: Jul 08

Memphis, TN

#117669 Oct 16, 2012
Politics as usual wrote:
<quoted text>
there are two words to simply sum up the Obama administration,
corrupt and incompetent,
everything they have done has been wrong other then the one raid on bin laden.
and now that Romney is in the race, we will see them lying everyday to win this election, and the lies will not stop with Obama and the democratic party alone,
the corrupt media will also be twisting the truth and frankly misrepresenting the truth in order to push Obama's candidacy,
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/09/29/msn...
and frankly this all starts with the teachers in the schools, everyday my son comes home and tells me what his teacher says, comments like Romney hates women, Romney lies, Romney will cut social security and medicare,
this is a big reason why our country has deteriorated, in my school days the big things that were pushed was honesty and integrity, honest Abe, George Washington and the cherry tree,
now the schools push dishonesty to push their agenda, with the democrats, and the corrupt media all joining in unison.
we need someone like Romney as president, a man who has been successful at creating jobs, and opportunities in order to get Americans back to work and our country back to prosperity, but the question is, can his campaign stand up to the lies and deceit of obama, the democrats, the corrupt media, and the unions.
And, it is very objective to describe the Obama Regime as "the most incompetent presidency in American History," in my opinion.
Politics as usual

Huntington Station, NY

#117670 Oct 16, 2012
Philliproy wrote:
<quoted text>
And, it is very objective to describe the Obama Regime as "the most incompetent presidency in American History," in my opinion.
i totally agree that Obama is the most incompetent president in American history, and tonight Romney stood tall against the deceit of Obama and the corrupt media,

Crowley of CNN gave Obama almost 10% more time, constantly interrupted Romney such as when he talked about Obama blocking the investigation into fast and furious by executive privilege, and Crowley even misled the American people on Libya in order to defend Obama,

but Romney got his points across, and i think the American people heard them loud and clear.

Obama may have won tonight on aggression, but Romney won on substance and the people who watched definitely knew enough of the facts to know that Romney is the man to turn around our country, and fix the failures of the Obama administration.

“Forward - over the cliff!!”

Since: Jul 10

Soetoro, Kenya

#117671 Oct 16, 2012
Candy Crowley pulled Obama's ass out of the fire when The Stooge was lying about calling the attack in Libya terrorism the next day.

BS on on Obama and Candy. Everyone knows that for over a week, The Kenyan, Rice, the Press Secretary, et. al. kept referring to a You Tube video and riots.

The Kenyan spoke at the UN a week later, and still didn't call it terrorism. The Kenyan lied, and Candy Crowley stood up for him. Some moderator.....

“Impeach Obama!”

Memphis, TN

#117672 Oct 16, 2012
Politics as usual wrote:
<quoted text>
i totally agree that Obama is the most incompetent president in American history, and tonight Romney stood tall against the deceit of Obama and the corrupt media,
Crowley of CNN gave Obama almost 10% more time, constantly interrupted Romney such as when he talked about Obama blocking the investigation into fast and furious by executive privilege, and Crowley even misled the American people on Libya in order to defend Obama,
but Romney got his points across, and i think the American people heard them loud and clear.
Obama may have won tonight on aggression, but Romney won on substance and the people who watched definitely knew enough of the facts to know that Romney is the man to turn around our country, and fix the failures of the Obama administration.
Romney is the more competent participant in any debate so far. Obama has shown himself to be mean-spirited, insincere and deceptive, while Romney is simply trying to level with the American People about cleaning up the mess that Obama has left us after almost four years of unemployment above 8 percent.

Soetoro, Kenya

#117673 Oct 16, 2012
Good. The press is picking up on Candy's cheerleading for the Kenyan Stooge.

“Impeach Obama!”

Memphis, TN

#117674 Oct 16, 2012
Where are the jobs, Senor Presidente?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#117675 Oct 16, 2012
Pfluger the Union Monkey wrote:
Candy Crowley pulled Obama's ass out of the fire when The Stooge was lying about calling the attack in Libya terrorism the next day.
BS on on Obama and Candy. Everyone knows that for over a week, The Kenyan, Rice, the Press Secretary, et. al. kept referring to a You Tube video and riots.
The Kenyan spoke at the UN a week later, and still didn't call it terrorism. The Kenyan lied, and Candy Crowley stood up for him. Some moderator.....
By everyone you mean you and the other wing nuts on this thread. Just keepin' the record straight.
Linked in

Yutan, NE

#117676 Oct 16, 2012
Three myths about the September jobs report

http://washingtonexaminer.com/three-myths-abo...

“Impeach Obama!”

Memphis, TN

#117677 Oct 16, 2012
Linked in wrote:
Three myths about the September jobs report
http://washingtonexaminer.com/three-myths-abo...
Obama not only lied about the Bengazi Terrorists (called them peaceful demonstrators) but also lied about the American Unemployed.

As long as Obama is smoking Maher's dope, Obama thinks everything is REAL COOL! DUHHHHHHHH!

Do you junkies and dopers not know that Afghanistan is the leading supplier of heroin in the world and that Obama is a heroin addict?

Two plus two equals four. Obama needs his Afghanistan connection.

“Impeach Obama!”

Memphis, TN

#117678 Oct 16, 2012
Hail to the Junkie-in-Chief!

""During a CNN debate, Senator Obama stated that he smoked marijuana and that he "inhaled frequently" and that "that was the point." When campaigning in Iowa, Senator Obama was again asked if he used marijuana and if he inhaled. He stated that he did indeed. In his memoirs "Dreams from My Father," President Obama stated that he "drank heavily" and "tried drugs enthusiastically."
Source: http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Profiles

“Impeach Obama!”

Memphis, TN

#117679 Oct 16, 2012
Why else would the Warmonger-in-Chief try to bankrupt America with an endless war against one of the poorest nations on Earth?

He gets free heroin out of it!

“Impeach Obama!”

Memphis, TN

#117680 Oct 16, 2012
The Junkie-in-Chief is probably doing some blow and crack with his gay buddy, Larry Sinclair, right now.

"Several Chicago and Washington-based reporters are following up on claims by a man named Larry Sinclair, who says he used cocaine with Barack Obama in the late-1990s. Sinclair has released the following video backing up his claims, and he says the Obama campaign is trying to determine whether the allegations are in any way connected with the Hillary Clinton camp. Sinclair says they are not and that he is filing suit against Obama and David Axelrod, the senior advisor with the Obama campaign. Sinclair claims Axelrod has made personal threats against him."
Source: http://bigheaddc.com/2008/02/14/larry-sinclai...

“Impeach Obama!”

Memphis, TN

#117681 Oct 16, 2012
Why won't Obama tell the truth, for a change?

"This searing candid story begins with Barack Obama meeting Larry Sinclair in November, 1999, and subsequently procuring and selling cocaine, and then engaging in consensual, homosexual sex with Sinclair on November 6th and again on November 7, 1999. You'll read in riveting detail how Sinclair, in 2007, repeatedly contacted and requested that the Obama campaign simply come clean..."
Source: http://www.amazon.com/Barack-Obama-Larry-Sinc...
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#117682 Oct 17, 2012
Now there are some "decent" arguments. What a pig.
Liberty Warrior

Hammonton, NJ

#117683 Oct 17, 2012
Many of the jobs created or saved through earlier efforts have now come to an end. Most of the public works projects, such as road repavings and bridge repairs, have been completed. Money given to states to keep teachers, fire fighters and police on the job has run out.

Soetoro, Kenya

#117684 Oct 17, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
By everyone you mean you and the other wing nuts on this thread. Just keepin' the record straight.
Blah, blah, blah. You have nothing but attacks, like your Stooge Hero and his his puppet master Axelrod.

You probably believe Crowley when she said that Obama called the Libya attack terrorism the next day. Keep up the faith, brother joe.
Lev

South Africa

#117685 Oct 17, 2012
Go for it Mitt, your country America will be respected once again when you become president.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Leos GhostMoron 1,224,057
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Jacques in Orleans 187,829
News CTA veteran Dorval Carter to return from D.C. t... 12 min reality is a crutch 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 58 min Ratloder 69,799
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr jimi-yank 53,037
Core Aspects In Testo XTRM Across The Usa 4 hr jorgeleone 1
College Scandals 13 hr music 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]