Obama promises more than 600,000 stim...

Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

There are 109510 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 8, 2009, titled Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs. In it, Newsday reports that:

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Politics as usual

Melville, NY

#117609 Oct 5, 2012
Philliproy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Stimulus" payments were made to dead people and convicts. Afterwards, the convicts received free Obama Phones to enable them to conduct criminal enterprises from inside the prisons.
"More than 89,000 stimulus payments of $250 each went to people who were either dead or in prison, a government investigator says in a new report. The payments, which were part of last year's massive economic recovery package, were meant to increase consumer spending to help stimulate the economy."
Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/10/07/pol...
there are two words to simply sum up the Obama administration,

corrupt and incompetent,

everything they have done has been wrong other then the one raid on bin laden.

and now that Romney is in the race, we will see them lying everyday to win this election, and the lies will not stop with Obama and the democratic party alone,

the corrupt media will also be twisting the truth and frankly misrepresenting the truth in order to push Obama's candidacy,

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/09/29/msn...

and frankly this all starts with the teachers in the schools, everyday my son comes home and tells me what his teacher says, comments like Romney hates women, Romney lies, Romney will cut social security and medicare,

this is a big reason why our country has deteriorated, in my school days the big things that were pushed was honesty and integrity, honest Abe, George Washington and the cherry tree,

now the schools push dishonesty to push their agenda, with the democrats, and the corrupt media all joining in unison.

we need someone like Romney as president, a man who has been successful at creating jobs, and opportunities in order to get Americans back to work and our country back to prosperity, but the question is, can his campaign stand up to the lies and deceit of obama, the democrats, the corrupt media, and the unions.
Wishbone Ash

New York, NY

#117610 Oct 5, 2012
Debate meltdown? Typically Re-THUG-lican.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
To The Point

United States

#117611 Oct 5, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwww. Joe's sulking.
Your boy showed up planning to play Ali rope-a-dope for 6 rounds, but in less than 15 mins found out he was Sonny Liston instead, unable to answer the bell.
I blame Obama's handlers. He was poorly prepared.
True enough, Romney gave it to that idiot and it was evident that the anointed one hasn't been circling himself with the right people to give it to him straight. Instead he has idiots like David Axelrod that are a bunch of Yes Men.

But the only problem I have with people saying "...Obama wasn't prepared..." is that the SOB has been President for almost 4 years. How he wasn't prepared is beyond me. Instead I offer a different point of view.

Maybe he wasn't prepared to deal with Romney who gave it to us straight, and beyond Obama and his idiot regime and followers down playing it the next day and their pathetic attempts to do critical damage control, not a single shred of reality is applied to their "...he lied..." spin.

Oh it's easy to say after-the-fact that Romney lied, but about what? What EXACTLY did he lie about? He has said his whole campaign that the government spends too much, borrows too much, has increased it's reach WAY to much into our lives, has stomped on business and economic growth, and that the President and his cabinet have been incredibly corrupt. All of this is very true.

And unlike Obama, Romney has proven over and over through his history that he understands the economy, how to balance budgets, how to create surplus, and that in order to improve the bottom line for this country, you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO GROW THE BASE of Americans who are working and contributing to the economy.

Obama has proven through just 4 years that he has absolutely NO concept of how any of that works and constantly sites "...analysts..." as his means for defending his pathetic record which can be argued by other "...analysts..." that what Obama is doing is incredibly wrong.

Hell, Reagan inherited a bad economy from Carter and in 4 years had actually turned it WAY around! GDP took off, the recession Carter gave us went the other way, double-digit inflation reduced significantly, millions of jobs were created, unemployment was very low, people on government assistance dropped, the tax burden on every class of people was reduced significantly, and the economic machine was roaring. These are facts folks. These are the same goals from Romney who has similar principles which he spoke at length about.

But you can't convince anyone that was already decided on Obama. Instead they will chastise him and make up sh*t that only distorts the truth. The liberal media is a great example. Immediately after the debate I flipped over to see what CNN, MSNBC, and others were saying and EVERY ONE of their analysts kept saying the same thing... Romney schooled Obama. Even they couldn't deny it. And one of the major reasons he was able to do that is because Obama can't run on his record because of how pathetic it is. Obama kept giving generalizations in his normal kumbaya delivery about how great things 'could be' but yet, these are the EXACT same things we've heard since he was campaigning to become President. People drank the kool-aid and still to this day, the idiots and uninformed are still doing it. If Obama wins, it will be them that puts him back in office and it will be them that will stand along side Obama while they watch how his pathetic policies and vision for American burn us down.

Truth is, I am a very open minded person. If Obama had actually been a good President, delivered on what he said, namely reducing debt, growing the economy, reducing the dependency on government, etc. then I would literally not have a problem with him being President for a 2nd term. I don't give a damn if it's Democrat or Republican, they need to deliver! And when they don't, which Obama has not and CAN NOT, then it's time for them to get fired.

...'nuf said

Since: Nov 08

Provo, UT

#117612 Oct 5, 2012
Happiness is waking up the day after the debate. Watching and listening to the libs squirm, fret, moan, cry, and make excuses is just sheer joy. Al Gore should get an Oscar for his performance where he blames O'loser's ineptitude on the altitude. Bwahahahahahaha.
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#117613 Oct 5, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
No sulking aloud in politics. I see you don't know that.
Your boy showed up as a complete surprise, don't you think? Lying? Maybe. But completely pivoting away from all the tea party, right wing crap he's been covering himself with for a year. And you clowns don't care. None of you have any principles, at all.
That's ok, joe. I can see you're still in shock, and your full faculties of reason have not yet recovered. The shock will turn to grieving - and you're just have to work that through.

Just as the Obamatrons and liberal media have moved on from running-down-the-street-with-h air-on-fire to full-on Chicago-style attack mode ( http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2012/10/05/o... )

When you are again capable of sober reflection on the Wed nite smack-down, you will realize that ...

1) Yes, Romney completely pivoted away from all the tea party, right wing crap - but NOT the tea party, right wing crap you say "he's been covering himself with for a year," he completely pivoted away from all the tea party, right wing crap the DNC, the Obama camp, and their shills in the liberal media have been covering him with for a year.

2) Romney absolutely did shock-and-awe President Axelrod/Jarrett/Plouffe, their trained suit Obama, their liberal media shills, and Obama fanboi tools like you. He left you all gobsmacked and gibbering in total surprise because you all have been chanting and spewing all that tea party, right wing, richie rich class war crap so long you actually lost grip on reality, and started believing your own crap.

All Romney did was take that bullsh!t club you guys made for him away and clubbed Obama to death with it.

And it was fine to watch.

And no - it came as no surprise to anyone who has not been drunk on Obama/DNC/liberal media kool-aid for the past year.

All the best wishes for a quick recovery - you can get a lot of grieving done now and it will help you deal with the morning news on 7th Nov.
shameless-li

Denver, CO

#117614 Oct 5, 2012
Pfluger the Union Monkey wrote:
My favorite Obama moment was when, in his closing speech, he said he wanted every American to "get a fair share" before correcting himself - "get a fair shake".
but threatening to get rid of PBS and big bird was better for a closing speech???
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#117615 Oct 5, 2012
Wishful Ash-wipe wrote:
Debate meltdown? Typically Re-THUG-lican.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
It's a bit early yet to be crowing about the effects of this week's Wednesday Nite Massacre in Denver, as polls won't fully reflect the bloodbath for about a week - but early indications are encouraging:

STATE Obama Romney Gary Johnson Undecided GOP/DEM/IND
OHIO 46% 47% 1% 6% 34/38/28
FLORIDA 46% 49% 1% 4% 38/33/29
VIRGINIA 45% 48% 2% 5% 34/32/34

Romney leading now in all 3 of these key swing states.

http://weaskamerica.com/2012/10/05/boing/

Stay tuned.
Wishbone Ash

New York, NY

#117617 Oct 5, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a bit early yet to be crowing about the effects of this week's Wednesday Nite Massacre in Denver, as polls won't fully reflect the bloodbath for about a week - but early indications are encouraging:

STATE Obama Romney Gary Johnson Undecided GOP/DEM/IND
OHIO 46% 47% 1% 6% 34/38/28
FLORIDA 46% 49% 1% 4% 38/33/29
VIRGINIA 45% 48% 2% 5% 34/32/34

Romney leading now in all 3 of these key swing states.
http://weaskamerica.com/2012/10/05/boing/
Stay tuned.
Ahhhh, but you want to crow using a poll (the right wing We Ask America) that reflects your candidate in the best possible light.

Guess the polls leading up to the debate don't count. Rasmussen is completely independent and isn't supported by a political ideology like We Ask America.
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#117618 Oct 5, 2012
Pittakos wrote:
Happiness is waking up the day after the debate. Watching and listening to the libs squirm, fret, moan, cry, and make excuses is just sheer joy. Al Gore should get an Oscar for his performance where he blames O'loser's ineptitude on the altitude. Bwahahahahahaha.
Quite.

I have the clip of Chris Matthews' histrionic meltdown on click-to-play, ready to roll every time I need a laugh. Gets funnier every time I play it.

"Mitt Romney didn’t just beat Obama on Wednesday night. He also beat the liberal media. So great was his performance that liberal journalists simply had to concede the President’s defeat – a humiliation for an industry that has spent several years setting Obama up as the wisest, most eloquent, most popular politician since FDR. No longer can Romney be dismissed with a gag about a dog strapped to the roof of his car. This uptight rich guy could be the next President of the United States."

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/...

Priceless.
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#117619 Oct 5, 2012
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
but threatening to get rid of PBS and big bird was better for a closing speech???
Romney didn't say that.

He said he would end the federal subsidy for PBS.

There's a difference.
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#117620 Oct 5, 2012
Wishbone Ash wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh, but you want to crow using a poll (the right wing We Ask America) that reflects your candidate in the best possible light.
Guess the polls leading up to the debate don't count. Rasmussen is completely independent and isn't supported by a political ideology like We Ask America.
Oh my gracious - even Ohio looks like it's sliding toward Romney ...

http://washingtonexaminer.com/ohio-poll-romne...

Keep wishing and clicking those ruby slippers together, Wishful ...
Ex- El Paso Resident

Las Cruces, NM

#117621 Oct 5, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwww. Joe's sulking.
Your boy showed up planning to play Ali rope-a-dope for 6 rounds, but in less than 15 mins found out he was Sonny Liston instead, unable to answer the bell.
I blame Obama's handlers. He was poorly prepared.
Having John Kerry as your debate coach is like having Dr. Jack Kevorkian as your "wellness" Doctor.
tardy4party

Los Angeles, CA

#117622 Oct 5, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
No sulking aloud in politics. I see you don't know that.
Your boy showed up as a complete surprise, don't you think? Lying? Maybe. But completely pivoting away from all the tea party, right wing crap he's been covering himself with for a year. And you clowns don't care. None of you have any principles, at all. You are like your candidate, not really worthy of consideration.
I agree with you Joe. BO appeared dazed in debate because he didn't know which Romney policy stance to combat; his on the record policy, or his policy du jour... just conjured up that night.
Wishbone Ash

New York, NY

#117623 Oct 5, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my gracious - even Ohio looks like it's sliding toward Romney ...

http://washingtonexaminer.com/ohio-poll-romne...

Keep wishing and clicking those ruby slippers together, Wishful ...
Oh my gracious, another conservative polling result. What happened to it's too early to tell?

Nice try.

Provo, UT

#117625 Oct 5, 2012
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
Big bird can take care of himself. He will do just fine in the commercial world. Oh wait... He already does. All those Big bird toys, lunch boxes, and other paraphernalia seem to do just fine. Romney summed it up very well. Is it worth borrowing money from China just to keep Big Bird in his nest. Time for the bird to fly on his own.

Provo, UT

#117626 Oct 5, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite.
I have the clip of Chris Matthews' histrionic meltdown on click-to-play, ready to roll every time I need a laugh. Gets funnier every time I play it.
"Mitt Romney didn’t just beat Obama on Wednesday night. He also beat the liberal media. So great was his performance that liberal journalists simply had to concede the President’s defeat – a humiliation for an industry that has spent several years setting Obama up as the wisest, most eloquent, most popular politician since FDR. No longer can Romney be dismissed with a gag about a dog strapped to the roof of his car. This uptight rich guy could be the next President of the United States."
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/...
Priceless.
Aint it grand!:)

Provo, UT

#117627 Oct 5, 2012
The nice thing about these early polls is that we already know they are somewhat skewed to the liberal viewpoint. The reason being that those of us that work for a living to support all those who sit at home answering poll phone calls, just don't have the time to talk to the pollsters.
Wishbone Ash

New York, NY

#117628 Oct 5, 2012
Nice thing about early polls is when the results don't favor the conservatives, terms like "somewhat skewed" are used to protect their flank.

Reality is the debate showed no bump in favor of Willard.
Politics as usual

Melville, NY

#117629 Oct 5, 2012
Pittakos wrote:
in one night the entire dynamic of the election has changed, you can feel the desperation in the democratic party, i fully expect Romney to now put the hammer down and start spending his war chest and hit Obama on his utter failure of a presidency.

just think about it, Obama is cheering 7.8 per cent unemployment like it is an accomplishment, this is a disgrace.

his green jobs programs are a disgrace,

the stimulus was a disgrace,

his foreign policy is a disgrace,

his administration is buried in scandals from fast and furious, to sebelius, to the cronyism, the solyndra's, the libya coverup,

the momentum has changed, and things are looking good on the right.
Logic

United States

#117631 Oct 6, 2012
You got to love the recent job report.

All you President Obama haters, eat your hearts out!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min sonicfilter 1,434,090
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Hill4Me 225,563
How Many Older Fathers Can You Name? 40 min boundary painter 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min It s That Simple 61,534
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 51 min boundary painter 9,563
Word (Dec '08) 52 min boundary painter 6,764
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 53 min Sublime1 103,663

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages