Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday 109,590
President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs. Full Story
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#55860 May 25, 2010
Wartime wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here, private education at a cost too high to even think about.
One business that I co-owned which provided state and fed testing services allowed me insight into the boards of our public education system. What I saw would make you permanently sick.
I know first hand - a lot of government experience. You are dead on correct.
Wartime

Atlanta, GA

#55861 May 25, 2010
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
BTW - if anyone reads a post by Billy Carter, it's me, Nostrilis Liberal (in my old days) Waxman. I'm more repulsed by libs now. I'll try to stay signed in libtards, but I know you are confused so I'm being up front libs. I know you don't get that. Devin must be thinking he learned something!
He can't comprehend that I'm honest. He isn't.
Been there, done that. The censorship agenda of the libs requires that many alter their identities to combat their hatred of all things American, including if not especially the 2nd Amendment.

Perhaps topix could provide some sort of virtual equivalent to Black Panther thugs wielding clubs, or whacked SEIU ear-biters.
Wartime

Atlanta, GA

#55862 May 25, 2010
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I know first hand - a lot of government experience. You are dead on correct.
I'd expound further, but combatting racist epithets is not why I'm here.(I'm guessing you understand).

Not so ironically however, is the parallel between our public education system and government employees (union or otherwise). Yet this is the very union-based foundation for the corrupt pay-for-votes democratic political agenda. It's beyond sick, and it is and has been ruining our country. Should this oontinue much longer, the only textbooks we'll be needing will be English-to-Russian and English-to-Chinese dictionaries.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#55863 May 25, 2010
Wartime wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there, done that. The censorship agenda of the libs requires that many alter their identities to combat their hatred of all things American, including if not especially the 2nd Amendment.
Perhaps topix could provide some sort of virtual equivalent to Black Panther thugs wielding clubs, or whacked SEIU ear-biters.
The ear biting liberal was sooo gross. Wasn't the Obama SEIU lib the one that bit someones finger off? I think that liberal animal is still running around free.
Wartime

Atlanta, GA

#55864 May 25, 2010
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The ear biting liberal was sooo gross. Wasn't the Obama SEIU lib the one that bit someones finger off? I think that liberal animal is still running around free.
Yep, and with a bit of duct tape, he posts here with 11 fingers. No bets as to which one he uses to pluck the hairs from his wholly government-owned lib ass.

Alz

Since: Oct 08

Chicago

#55865 May 25, 2010
You guys are still going at it. Well, I've been away for awhile and all I see are things getting worse and more and more people getting nervous over the future as Obama works to makes things "equal".

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#55866 May 25, 2010
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet these same people think government should be small and non-intrusive.
Even those of us who want small government still want law enforcement. Without law enforcement there's anarchy.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#55867 May 25, 2010
grey ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why didn't you do all of that when you had control for 20 of the last 28 years, your sudden vision is suspect at best.
I'll let you in on a little secret: Both parties need fixing. Most AMERICANS know that. The first step in fixing the government will be to send you freeloading criminals back down to where you belong.

“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#55868 May 25, 2010
poe dunk wrote:
why should those on welfare continue to have as many baby's as they wish ?
and then demand that the rest of us pay for it ?
our country has gone totally insane -
-liberalism is a mental disorder
Those babies should never grow up and serve in the military, defending conservative parasites, or finance their social security because Republican leaders 'borrowed' from SSI and lied about intending to pay it back, should never be volunteer firefighters - in short, they should stop supporting Republican welfare programs. They owe freeloading parasites NOTHING.

“It's ALL BUSH'S FAULT”

Since: Sep 09

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#55869 May 26, 2010
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not the individual who was responding with words of a "supermajority."
ALL of the Democrats in Congress along with Clinton are about 10% of the blame and ALL of the Republicans in Congress and bush are about 15% of the blame.
The vast majority of the blame, 60%, goes to the idiots that made the loans and said the MSB's were AAA.
So by keying in on Barney, that is less than 1% of the problem. Keying in on Graham and Rudman...is less than 1% of the problem.
Point your fingers at the Executives of Golden West or Countrywide along with GS, ML, etc... and S&P, Fitch and Moody's and you have a majority of the problem.
Why do YOU LIBERAL TOOLS defend that morally-bankrupt Frank with such verocity?

“It's ALL BUSH'S FAULT”

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#55870 May 26, 2010
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't guess you are smart enough to put two and two together are you?
Less private sector jobs = more people getting SS earlier.= more people on unemployment and public assistance. But you can bet it will not = Republicans being part of a solution.
The Party of Block, Blame and Stall do not want a successful America. Why else would they run from their own solutions?
YOU are the IDIOT defending Barney Frank and I'm "not smart enough"??
bw-a-a-a-a-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA

The ONLY thing I can "bet-on" is YOU being a consistent LIBERAL APOLOGIST....

“It's ALL BUSH'S FAULT”

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#55871 May 26, 2010
Pittakos wrote:
<quoted text>
The border with Mexico is 1,969 miles long. 1500 Guards along the border is less than one per mile. On top of that, they will need to rotate in shifts and cover weekends and holidays. Then, some of them will probably be support personnel so by the time you get done, you might have 200-300 along the border at any given time. Assuming the 300, that would 6.5 miles for each Guard to watch. Yep, the more I look at this, the more it looks like a stalling tactic. Chances are, he'll have the guard setting up water stations for the illegals along with maps to help them find their way.
OBOZO is just playing up the BS before the Nov elections.

A couple of days ago, it was the "stimulus" that was working.

Yesterday it was some joke of "deficit reduction" that amounts to a drop in the bucket.

Today it's securing the border because he needed some type of response to the new AZ law (that he didn't read).

Tomorrow it will be another JOBS bill aka Stimulus II: The Sequel (not to mention that $140 BILLION of it ISN'T paid-for and DOESN'T have to abide by PAY/GO because it's "emergency" funding).

The FACTS are:

-1200 additional Troops to guard a 2000 mile border is a JOKE!

-More than 1200 ILLEGAL aliens cross our border EVERY DAY!

-He JUST met with Calderon....HMMMMMMMMM

This move was nothing more than political grandstanding in reaction to the new AZ law BEFORE the election.

If he was sooooooooooo concerned about our borders, why didn't he do this RIGHT AWAY last year instead of sending MILLIONS outside the US to fund abortions??

Make NO mistake - this was nothing more than a knee-jerk reaction to AZ's new Immigration Law.....

OBOZO MUST be a RACIST for not sending the troops to the Canadian Border - LOL!!!!

“It's ALL BUSH'S FAULT”

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#55872 May 26, 2010
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't guess you are smart enough to put two and two together are you?
Less private sector jobs = more people getting SS earlier.= more people on unemployment and public assistance. But you can bet it will not = Republicans being part of a solution.
The Party of Block, Blame and Stall do not want a successful America. Why else would they run from their own solutions?
HERE IT IS IN A NUTSHELL FOLKS...

The LIBERAL APOLOGIST view of why BIG GOVT trumps the PRIVATE SECTOR...

Instead of realizing there's a disturbing problem here, the LIBERAL APOLOGIST would rather lay blame on the Republicans.

BTW DUMMY...

This doesn't even count when OBOZO-CARE kicks-in...

“It's ALL BUSH'S FAULT”

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#55873 May 26, 2010
Alz wrote:
You guys are still going at it. Well, I've been away for awhile and all I see are things getting worse and more and more people getting nervous over the future as Obama works to makes things "equal".
The LIBERAL TOOL names have changed but the APOLOGIES remain the same.

Bush THIS, Republicans THAT, and OBOZO wears a teflon-coated empty suit...

Nothing has changed......

“It's ALL BUSH'S FAULT”

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#55874 May 26, 2010
This IS a sad, cruel JOKE, ISN'T IT???

Tension on swaps as Wall St reform conferees named

.."Senate Banking Committee Chairman
Christopher DODD
will be a conference member. So will fellow Democrats
Charles SCHUMER,
Jack Reed, Tim Johnson, Tom Harkin, Patrick Leahy and Lincoln.

They will be joined by Republicans who have steadfastly opposed most, if not all the Democrats' proposals for tightening bank and market oversight. They include Richard Shelby, Bob Corker, Mike Crapo, Judd Gregg and Saxby Chambliss.

Frank IS RECOMMENDING THE APPOINTMENT OF HIMSELF to the conference, as well as Democrats Paul Kanjorski, Luis Gutierrez,
MAXINE WATERS,
Melvin Watt, Gregory Meeks, Dennis Moore and Carolyn Maloney, said the memo to Democratic members of the House Financial Services Committee that Frank chairs.
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64I5JQ2...

Nice to know the foxes are guarding the hen house......

Rep. Barney Frank (D., Mass.):
I worry, frankly, that there's a tension here. The more people, in my judgment, exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness, the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the Treasury, which I do not see. I think we see entities that are fundamentally sound financially and withstand some of the disaster scenarios....

Rep. Maxine Waters (D., Calif.), speaking to Housing and Urban Development Secretary Mel Martinez:

Secretary Martinez, if it ain't broke, why do you want to fix it? Have the GSEs [government-sponsored enterprises] ever missed their housing goals?

Rep. Frank:
I want to roll the dice a little bit more in this situation towards subsidized housing....

Rep. Waters:
Mr. Chairman, we do not have a crisis at Freddie Mac, and in particular at Fannie Mae, under the outstanding leadership of Mr. Frank Raines. Everything in the 1992 act has worked just fine. In fact, the GSEs have exceeded their housing goals....

Sen. Christopher Dodd (D., Conn.):
I, just briefly will say, Mr. Chairman, obviously, like most of us here, this is one of the great success stories of all time. And we don't want to lose sight of that and [what] has been pointed out by all of our witnesses here, obviously, the 70% of Americans who own their own homes today, in no small measure, due because of the work that's been done here. And that shouldn't be lost in this debate and discussion....

Sen. Schumer: I'll lay my marker down right now, Mr. Chairman. I think Fannie and Freddie need some changes, but I don't think they need dramatic restructuring in terms of their mission, in terms of their role in the secondary mortgage market, et cetera. Change some of the accounting and regulatory issues, yes, but don't undo Fannie and Freddie.

Sen. Charles Schumer (D., N.Y.):
I think a lot of people are being opportunistic,... throwing out the baby with the bathwater, saying, "Let's dramatically restructure Fannie and Freddie," when that is not what's called for as a result of what's happened here....

“It's ALL BUSH'S FAULT”

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#55875 May 26, 2010
Unions to spend $100M in 2010 campaign to save Dem majorities
By Kevin Bogardus and Sean J. Miller - 05/21/10

At least two influential unions will spend close to $100 million on the 2010 election, with most of those funds going to protect incumbents.

Union officials told The Hill they plan to help endangered members — particularly freshmen — who made politically difficult votes in a year during which an anti-incumbent mood has filled the country.

And the number will be even higher since the AFL-CIO declined to give its figures.

While the labor movement has displayed an aggressive tack in Democratic primaries, including supporting some challengers over incumbents, it remains concerned about the party retaining its congressional majorities.

As a result, it plans an enormous spending spree to help ensure Democratic control of Congress.
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/99103-un...
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#55876 May 26, 2010
Anyone hear about Sestak getting a job offer from the White House so we would drop out of the PA race? Could you imagine what the libloons would be doing now if it was a Republican administration?

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#55877 May 26, 2010
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Anyone hear about Sestak getting a job offer from the White House so we would drop out of the PA race? Could you imagine what the libloons would be doing now if it was a Republican administration?
Last I heard he was trying to dodge the fact that he made that statement. He is deflecting when asked the question of who made the offer.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#55878 May 26, 2010
May 25, 2010 at 7:31 pm by Eric Anderson

Albany Molecular Research Inc. announced this evening that it was cutting 80 jobs, about 10 percent of its U.S. workforce, in an effort to reduce costs. The 80 positions include some that are currently vacant, the Albany-based contract research and development firm said.

AMRI said it also is suspending operations at one of its research laboratories in Rensselaer, and that personnel would be transferred to other facilities.

The job reductions are expected to save $4 million in labor costs, but restructuring charges will total $3 million to $5 million. AMRI also will spend $1 million on lease and other charges as it shuts down in Rensselaer facility.

The company said it will expand its overseas workforce by about 180 positions.

In a statement, Chairman, CEO and President Thomas D’Ambra said:

“These actions reflect the focus by our customers on cost of services amid a highly competitive environment coming primarily from Asia. This has led to a continued shift in demand for AMRI’s services from the US to lower cost resources in Asia and Europe. While we remain cautiously optimistic about a return in demand for contract research outsourcing by the biopharmaceutical industry, softness in the US market has extended beyond our expectations. The actions we are taking today are part of our on-going commitment to tightly manage costs while also managing our infrastructure to support future growth and development.

“We regret the need to take the actions we announce today. We are very grateful for the dedication and contributions of the employees who will be leaving AMRI and we are committed to providing them with resources and services to help them through this difficult transition. The AMRI that moves forward will continue to stay focused on our strategy to support our customers’ needs by expanding services, technologies, expertise and geographic options.”

Shares in the company (Nasdaq: AMRI) fell 25 cents to close at $6.32, and were flat in after-hours trading. The announcement was made about two hours after markets closed. AMRI, while headquartered in Albany, has operations in Singapore, India, Hungary and the United Kingdom.

http://blog.timesunion.com/business/amri-cuts...

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

#55879 May 26, 2010
Pittakos wrote:
Meanwhile:
Obama to Deploy Up to 1,200 National Guard Troops to U.S.-Mexico Border
I applaud Obama for finally taking steps to start protecting our border. However, being the nose-in-air arrogant, incompetent idiot that he is, he said "that he's read the controversial Arizona immigration law and is concerned it would allow for discrimination."
Uh... just what does he think the National Guard will be looking for along the border? White guys dressed in tuxedos?
So, you admit bush failed to take proper steps to keep us safe by allowing our borders to stay open. Yet another bush failure for Obama to clean up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min WelbyMD 182,133
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min Mothra 49,336
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,156,054
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 26 min KiMare 51,293
For a meat-centric dinner, meet at Skrine Chops (Jan '08) 5 hr Reddog 6
delhi female 7 hr yatharth 1
Fight at Navy Pier 8 hr joey 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]