Problem Solver gets in middle of a ba...

Problem Solver gets in middle of a banquet-hall dispute

There are 37 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 5, 2007, titled Problem Solver gets in middle of a banquet-hall dispute. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Bob Saviola admits his banquet hall, Saviola Banquets in southwest suburban Worth, was double-booked for April 29.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kevin

Arlington Heights, IL

#1 Dec 6, 2007
Wow, what a jerk!
French

United States

#3 Dec 13, 2007
Of course you must know Saviola is not his name either, nor is Brown, but he keeps getting away with it.
Courtney

Crete, IL

#5 Dec 14, 2007
I went to look at Saviola's banquet hall in February 2006. I, along with my mother in law looked at the room for my June 2008 wedding. After talking to Connie Saviola about wanting the room for the ceremony and reception, and talking about prices and her taking down all my info we left, feeling really good about choosing the banquet hall for my wedding. On April 2nd of 2006 I mailed her the 500.00 dollar deposit, which would be for 115 guest wedding. A few months went by and she never called me to see if I wanted to talk to her about plans for my wedding. I called her a few times, but not that much considering I still had time before I really had to start getting things finalized on my wedding. I recall only talking to her about the wedding 3 or 4 times on the phone. This past Saturday which was December 8th, my fiance's grandmother told me she had read a bad write up about Saviola's in the newspaper. On Monday I called Connie's cell phone number and it was disconnected. I then tried the Peppercorn, which she also owned and that number was the same. I got ahold of a woman who worked with the Saviola's, and she informed me that they were closed and since April. I hadnt known anything about this for 8 months! What if I had gone longer without calling Connie Saviola? Then my whole entire wedding would have been ruined. I have yet to find a number for Connie and the worth police dept. said all I can do is take it to small claims court, or call Connie myself and ask her for the money back. What is a bride to do?
the cook

Chicago, IL

#6 Dec 14, 2007
They owe me money too
may have info

Ellettsville, IN

#8 Jan 12, 2008
Courtney wrote:
I went to look at Saviola's banquet hall in February 2006. I, along with my mother in law looked at the room for my June 2008 wedding. After talking to Connie Saviola about wanting the room for the ceremony and reception, and talking about prices and her taking down all my info we left, feeling really good about choosing the banquet hall for my wedding. On April 2nd of 2006 I mailed her the 500.00 dollar deposit, which would be for 115 guest wedding. A few months went by and she never called me to see if I wanted to talk to her about plans for my wedding. I called her a few times, but not that much considering I still had time before I really had to start getting things finalized on my wedding. I recall only talking to her about the wedding 3 or 4 times on the phone. This past Saturday which was December 8th, my fiance's grandmother told me she had read a bad write up about Saviola's in the newspaper. On Monday I called Connie's cell phone number and it was disconnected. I then tried the Peppercorn, which she also owned and that number was the same. I got ahold of a woman who worked with the Saviola's, and she informed me that they were closed and since April. I hadnt known anything about this for 8 months! What if I had gone longer without calling Connie Saviola? Then my whole entire wedding would have been ruined. I have yet to find a number for Connie and the worth police dept. said all I can do is take it to small claims court, or call Connie myself and ask her for the money back. What is a bride to do?
I may have a phone number for you but need to stay private. Do not know how you could get back to me. post message i will check.
Gotta question

Worth, IL

#9 Jan 15, 2008
Funny so many negative comments but the email is still active and all comments and questions are responded too.....
Perhaps the person that has so many negatives to say have a few skeletons themselves... No money to pay vendors or employees perhaps if the person that ran the Peppercorn didn't steal it blind - there would have been money to still be there... Calling the kettle black HA
reach saviolas banquets

Worth, IL

#11 Jan 16, 2008
If you need to reach someone from Saviola's Banquets about an event or money owed please email to [email protected] and you shall get a response. If you choose not to contact the business, you must not want a response and resolution but just an opportunity to complain..
reach saviolas banquets

Worth, IL

#14 Jan 16, 2008
Courtney wrote:
Courtney, if there is a coutney who is planning a wedding in June at Saviolas at the date mentioned in your email then all we need to do is proceed forward. All you need to do is contact Saviolasbanquets email. It has never been disconnected and there is a saviolas in good standing. But it doesnt seem that youve tried to contact Saviolas but we would appreciate hearing from you if what you are saying is true. Your wedding date is still available. Please contact us so that we can make your wedding everything you have planned. If it would be easier for us to contact you then please leave us a way to do so. Thank you
Lucy

United States

#17 Jan 16, 2008
This guy sounds like a crook. Why did he refund the money for a double booking then stop payment on it?

He owes them the money.
Saviolas Banquets

Worth, IL

#19 Jan 16, 2008
Lucy wrote:
This guy sounds like a crook. Why did he refund the money for a double booking then stop payment on it?
He owes them the money.
Well Lucy, there was no double booking and the money was refunded. Now they owe me money and i dont see them sending me checks. But it really is none of your buisness thank you.
Saviolas Banquets

Worth, IL

#20 Jan 18, 2008
Lucy wrote:
He owes them the money.
Perhaps there is more to the story!
Courtneys Friend

Chicago, IL

#21 Jan 21, 2008
Ok, I drove past Saviolas Banquets on 105th and Southwest Highway and the sign is DOWN!
This place is obviously closed. I wonder why Saviolas is trying to 'pretend' like it can still host this wedding??? I agree with Lucy...
This guy is a CROOK!
MAD CLIENT

Quincy, IL

#22 Jun 14, 2009
EXPOSINGN THE DEVILS BOB & CONNIE BROWN, SAVIOLA, ETC....

The same demons ran the House of Lynwood in Lansing Il.It went into foreclosure in April 2009. They took people's money deceptively. They also owned Peppercorn Grill, Palos & Saviolas Banquets, Worth

Thewy keep changing alias. They need to be stopped.
aaw

Schererville, IN

#23 Nov 7, 2009
These people are con artists!! They keep stealing and hurting people. I keep waiting to see their mugs on Americas Most Wanted. How to Stop them?
aaw

Schererville, IN

#24 Nov 7, 2009
Maybe we should file a class action lawsuit or even a civil one. They need to be stopped!!
aaw

Schererville, IN

#25 Nov 7, 2009
Bob and Connie Brown aren't even their names. Do not give these people money.
aaw

Schererville, IN

#26 Nov 7, 2009
If anyone can locate them please leave the information. Thank you so much
grumpy groom

Fenton, MI

#27 Dec 10, 2009
I feel you guys! Me and my wife were had but them. Please if anyone know there whereabouts please but the info out there.
Frustrated

Chicago, IL

#28 Dec 12, 2009
I worked for these people, and they owe me $$. Everytime I ask for it, I get a soap opera routine. I get a run-around. If they see this posting, I'm sure they'll figure out who I am, and I'll get an angry phonecall, from people who claim they keep misplacing my phone #. Other restauraunts probably won't hire me, if I mention those people on an application. Look below for some more propaganda from their department of rumor control:
lol

Chicago, IL

#29 Aug 24, 2012
Anyone know the whereabouts of Bob & Connie Brown?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Sad State Of Affairs 1,563,324
Maxwell street ghosts 37 min LATEX Art 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 242,219
Bill and Hillary 2 hr Trump Eats Babies 12
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... 4 hr Art Mandalay 63
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 11,008
Chicago has the Worst Women (Jun '16) 7 hr Indict Hillary NOW 132

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages