4 shot in River North among 18 wounde...

4 shot in River North among 18 wounded across city

There are 5 comments on the Free Republic story from May 4, 2014, titled 4 shot in River North among 18 wounded across city. In it, Free Republic reports that:

A gang-related drive-by shooting in the River North neighborhood left a man dead and three others wounded early Sunday morning, the four among at least 18 people shot since 11 a.m. Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

River North Family

Winnebago, IL

#1 May 5, 2014
There has been so much increased violent activity since Nouveau Tavern has opened. Close this place down! Bad things are caused by it. There will likely be more shootings if this place remains opened.

They are also disrespectful and loud. Every weekend night at 3:00am loud noise and occasionally gunshots are heard when their clientele let out.

Please do something before people die.
The Truth

Chicago, IL

#2 May 5, 2014
Agree completely! Boycot this restaurant and all other tenants throughout Chicago that this landlord has.
River North Family wrote:
There has been so much increased violent activity since Nouveau Tavern has opened. Close this place down! Bad things are caused by it. There will likely be more shootings if this place remains opened.
They are also disrespectful and loud. Every weekend night at 3:00am loud noise and occasionally gunshots are heard when their clientele let out.
Always Smile

Oswego, IL

#3 May 6, 2014
This is a great place! The 2 previous posts were hearing shots from east of the river or around Montgomery park. Nouveau Tavern is just another establishment in the hundreds around the area! Little tip, if you want quiet, move to the suburbs! I'm sure you can find an IHOP that will fit your dinning pleasure out there. Its funny they're not complaining about hearing emergency vehicle sirens throughout the night also!
Sonny

United States

#4 May 8, 2014
That's ignorant to say move to the suburbs if you want quiet. Living in this family friendly area of River North and having a place open up that's clearly creating negative effects to this area is a problem. Don't downplay the fact that there's a correlation here and that the shooting happened next to a kids park.
Always Smile wrote:
This is a great place! The 2 previous posts were hearing shots from east of the river or around Montgomery park. Nouveau Tavern is just another establishment in the hundreds around the area! Little tip, if you want quiet, move to the suburbs! I'm sure you can find an IHOP that will fit your dinning pleasure out there. Its funny they're not complaining about hearing emergency vehicle sirens throughout the night also!
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#5 May 8, 2014
River North Family wrote:
do something ?? surely you jest?

Blacks have been killing blacks in chicago at a rate of 500 people a year for years and no one cares.

The black president, attorney general, state county and city law enforcement jessie fillmypocketsfirst jackson, al notso sharpton no one anywhere cares.

Do you realize or even care that there are thousands of uninvestigated, unsolved homicides of black people by black people in the chicago police department files and no one cares.

so no one gives a big fat rats rear end if there are gun shots in the city, they been shooting guns killing and wounding folks since I left in the late 60's and no one cares.

heck I don't even care cause I moved out years ago..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 min Sublime1 101,721
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,374,452
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 min TRD 70,440
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min freelancehobo 58,769
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Rogue Scholar 05 212,937
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 54 min RJS 8,434
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr PEllen 5,968
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages