Kuuipo

Monterey, CA

#65 Apr 18, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>While I'm not going to say that was a stupid/lame joke like SOME people, I will say, to me, a good April fool's type joke is one that gets some sort of OMG! type reaction. Even little one. When my friend did her engagement post, she got a lower case omg rise out of me before I realized what day it was. But someone saying they're leaving Facebook would not even get that from me. I already have an email address for the majority of the people I know on Facebook. And the people I don't, those are people I really don't correspond with anyway.
I have several friends who have left FB without the pomp and circumstance. To me, its not really that big a deal.
It got an OMG reaction from me because this friend is a frequent poster who logs into FB daily, posts lots of updates and pictures, and has never been whiny.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#66 Apr 18, 2013
8th grade graduation: Yup.

RACE: If you had facebook (!!!) you can set it up so that only the people you choose to see you do so, no matter who they are friends with.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#67 Apr 18, 2013
Kuuipo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bay Area, California we had a ceremony, but it was a late afternoon, casual dress event.
I knew you are in Cali, but you went to school in the BA? Where?(me too)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#68 Apr 19, 2013
My kid told me that if I friended her, then my pic would be on her list of friends, which means any of her friends could see my picture, and if the clicked on me, they would only get my (banner?) page. But they could still friend request me.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
8th grade graduation: Yup.
RACE: If you had facebook (!!!) you can set it up so that only the people you choose to see you do so, no matter who they are friends with.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#69 Apr 19, 2013
RACE wrote:
My kid told me that if I friended her, then my pic would be on her list of friends, which means any of her friends could see my picture, and if the clicked on me, they would only get my (banner?) page. But they could still friend request me.
<quoted text>
Yeah and you can either accept, reject, or ignore requests. And the answer to anyone who asks is "Oh, I just really don't get on FB too often. I just made the page because Daughter asked me to." Then you accept MY friend request and the rest is gravy. ;-)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#70 Apr 19, 2013
Some of Mimi's fb posts would make Race's head explode. For that reason alone, he should get on FB>

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#71 Apr 19, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Some of Mimi's fb posts would make Race's head explode. For that reason alone, he should get on FB>
Mimi is one of my favorite FB posters :)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#72 Apr 19, 2013
Mmmmmm gravy....
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and you can either accept, reject, or ignore requests. And the answer to anyone who asks is "Oh, I just really don't get on FB too often. I just made the page because Daughter asked me to." Then you accept MY friend request and the rest is gravy. ;-)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#73 Apr 19, 2013
But then you and everyone of your friends will know my IRL name right? Then when emutt goes bonkers he will come to FL and start wasting everyone with my name in the state, like the Terminator.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and you can either accept, reject, or ignore requests. And the answer to anyone who asks is "Oh, I just really don't get on FB too often. I just made the page because Daughter asked me to." Then you accept MY friend request and the rest is gravy. ;-)

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#74 Apr 19, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>But then you and everyone of your friends will know my IRL name right? Then when emutt goes bonkers he will come to FL and start wasting everyone with my name in the state, like the Terminator.
You don't have to use your real name. Some of my friends change their names weekly. One of them is "Bestteamintheleague " during football season and the only way I realized it was him was because he had Giants pictures all over his profile. You don't have to put up any pictures if you don't want, or you can just put up random pictures.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75 Apr 19, 2013
However: FB's policy is real names only. If they were to find out somehow, they could make you fix it to be your real name or close your account (Remember Tonka's ordeal with them not believing his real name WAS his real name?).

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#76 Apr 19, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
However: FB's policy is real names only. If they were to find out somehow, they could make you fix it to be your real name or close your account (Remember Tonka's ordeal with them not believing his real name WAS his real name?).
that was google+. I oriinally signed up on fb with an obvious nickname. Didn't change it for a year

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#77 Apr 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>that was google+. I oriinally signed up on fb with an obvious nickname. Didn't change it for a year
OH, right, thanks, I had an important detail wrong.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#78 Apr 19, 2013
RACE wrote:
But then you and everyone of your friends will know my IRL name right? Then when emutt goes bonkers he will come to FL and start wasting everyone with my name in the state, like the Terminator.
<quoted text>
Well *my* name at Facebook is "Mimi Seattle." Some of you guys already know my IRL name, but for the general public I'm just "Mimi." You could do something similar. I know FB wants you to use a real name, but if you make something that is plausible it will get past their autobot thing.

And yeah, not friends with the Mutt. Tried to extend that olive branch for a while 'cause I'm nice like that, but he abused it with his batshitinsane stuff, so "adios."

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79 Apr 19, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Well *my* name at Facebook is "Mimi Seattle." Some of you guys already know my IRL name, but for the general public I'm just "Mimi." You could do something similar. I know FB wants you to use a real name, but if you make something that is plausible it will get past their autobot thing.
And yeah, not friends with the Mutt. Tried to extend that olive branch for a while 'cause I'm nice like that, but he abused it with his batshitinsane stuff, so "adios."
I remember your real first name, but not your last name, even though I have it in my email inbox. ;) So you're safe.

Also: I obviously did not get the shoes sent out this week (mainly, I had bought something fun for you and forgot it at Nick's b/c we went to Target together one night, so I was waiting to see him again to get that back). ;)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#80 Apr 19, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Well *my* name at Facebook is "Mimi Seattle." Some of you guys already know my IRL name, but for the general public I'm just "Mimi." You could do something similar. I know FB wants you to use a real name, but if you make something that is plausible it will get past their autobot thing.
And yeah, not friends with the Mutt. Tried to extend that olive branch for a while 'cause I'm nice like that, but he abused it with his batshitinsane stuff, so "adios."
That could be real.

George Washington.
David Boston.
Johnny Knoxville.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#81 Apr 19, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember your real first name, but not your last name, even though I have it in my email inbox. ;) So you're safe.
Also: I obviously did not get the shoes sent out this week (mainly, I had bought something fun for you and forgot it at Nick's b/c we went to Target together one night, so I was waiting to see him again to get that back). ;)
Yeah well my first name being what it is I would think you would remember it.:D And, you are so funny trying to get stuff into the mail. One day I will get an unexpected package...of course I'll be 80....LOL

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#82 Apr 19, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
And yeah, not friends with the Mutt. Tried to extend that olive branch for a while 'cause I'm nice like that, but he abused it with his batshitinsane stuff, so "adios."
Hey, what did I do?? Yeah, God forbid someone has a different viewpoint than yours. Can't have anyone like THAT in your little circle of like-minded friends.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83 Apr 19, 2013
See the animosity that FB generates?
Stop hating people!

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#84 Apr 19, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, what did I do?? Yeah, God forbid someone has a different viewpoint than yours. Can't have anyone like THAT in your little circle of like-minded friends.
It's not the difference in POV, it's the delivery of said opinions. <shrug>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy Nov 26 5 min Mister Tonka 4
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min USAsince1680 1,143,968
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min wojar 180,893
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min litesong 48,579
EverGreen Belgrade 43 min Bozidar Jankovic 10
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 392
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Hatti_Hollerand 4,871
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr primetime justice 98,694
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:01 pm PST

NFL 2:01PM
Shaun Phillips claimed by Indianapolis Colts
NBC Sports 2:31 PM
Kyle Fuller, Riley Reiff and Reggie Bush all questionable for Turkey Day
ESPN 2:35 PM
Cardinals' Bush: No 'fair shake' with Bears
NBC Sports 3:55 PM
Will Lions bad offense or Bears bad defense step up?
NBC Sports 4:15 PM
Washington benches RGIII, Colt McCoy to start