Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#21 Apr 18, 2013
LW1: Great. Now a baby is going to be born into an unhappy marriage. Poor kid. Sux you were that .001% with the pill. Now, you just have to tell your husaband and give him a chance to absorb it and give him a little time. If he doesn't warm to the idea, prepare for being a single mom. Either way, counseling.

LW2: That is the stupidest joke. Ever. You are both idiots.

LW3: I'm with Ang

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#22 Apr 18, 2013
RACE wrote:
OH, BTW ScarletandOlive...
Are you Hot?
Ha ha! If your daughter had set up your FB page you would know ;)
boundary painter

San Antonio, TX

#23 Apr 18, 2013
Let's hope LW1 and LW1's husband don't do or say anything they will both regret. (LW1 Abby should talk to LW1 Amy over lunch.)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#24 Apr 18, 2013
The reason I did not was because anyone friended by anyone I friended would be able to see me, and I dont want that many people to know about my existence.

Dont like the thought of that many peeps seeing me.
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha! If your daughter had set up your FB page you would know ;)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#25 Apr 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Jess, I wonder how "special" a stretch limo would be for your wedding if you already had one for prom (once or twice), formal dance in college, etc. I just don't see the need to ramp stuff up before adulthood.
i drove away from my wedding in a 7 year old honda civic

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#26 Apr 18, 2013
RACE wrote:
No flipping way! The kid wont remember anybody in that book from that time. Even if they wind up being best buddies later.
<quoted text>
i have year books from grade school thr 12th grade. I'm not seeing a problem

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#27 Apr 18, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>The reason I did not was because anyone friended by anyone I friended would be able to see me, and I dont want that many people to know about my existence.

Dont like the thought of that many peeps seeing me.
I know. I am teasing you. You know this is Jess, right?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#28 Apr 18, 2013
Stina wrote:
LW2: That is the stupidest joke. Ever. You are both idiots.
i know a girl who did that joke thos year. I laughed. I saw nothing that made her stupid.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#29 Apr 18, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>i have year books from grade school thr 12th grade. I'm not seeing a problem
Do you actually look at those books and reminisce or do they just collect dust? I'm not gonna spend $25 on a book with my kid and a bunch of other kids that he will never see again and not remember after 2 years. I'll buy a junior high year book.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#30 Apr 18, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are junior high graduations a "thing" where everybody lives? They're not here, but they are where I grew up. I didn't have a party or anything, but we had a ceremony. My dress was early 90s hideous.
8th grade graduation was very common where I'm from, but I suspect it may be more common in farm country than elsewhere.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#31 Apr 18, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>i drove away from my wedding in a 7 year old honda civic
I drove away from mine in a one-year-old red Nissan pickup.:)(with a topper!)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#32 Apr 18, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>i have year books from grade school thr 12th grade. I'm not seeing a problem
I do too, but K through 4, I was in a district so small, one building housed K through 12th grade, so EVERY grade was in my yearbooks.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#33 Apr 18, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>Are junior high graduations a "thing" where everybody lives? They're not here, but they are where I grew up. I didn't have a party or anything, but we had a ceremony. My dress was early 90s hideous.
Jr high graduation was a big deal where I lived in CA. There was a ceremony and a dance and then most people had parties. I thought it was stupid.

Of course, I left my HS graduation as soon as the ceremony ended and didn't go on any of the class trip after (except Grad Night at Disneyland, but I spent much of the night walking around by myself because my friends paired up for the ride and my boyfriend had graduated the year before).

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#34 Apr 18, 2013
I figured it out from the other thread!
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. I am teasing you. You know this is Jess, right?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#35 Apr 18, 2013
We had 8th grade graduation. I don't remember it being *that* big a deal.

I just plopped down $25 for Lulu's yearbook. It will include the whole school tho (K-8), not just her 1st grade class. I'm ok with it this year, but I'm not so hot on buying 2 next year. We'll see...

Drove away in a limo for the 1st wedding. Drove away in a white convertable Mustang for the 2nd one. The Mustang was WAY cooler.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#36 Apr 18, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Jr high graduation was a big deal where I lived in CA. There was a ceremony and a dance and then most people had parties. I thought it was stupid.
Of course, I left my HS graduation as soon as the ceremony ended and didn't go on any of the class trip after (except Grad Night at Disneyland, but I spent much of the night walking around by myself because my friends paired up for the ride and my boyfriend had graduated the year before).
I skipped the senior party to go to a friend's house, whose mother was having an adult party, and slept (but didn't have sex with) an airline pilot.

/endskankreport

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#37 Apr 18, 2013
squishymama wrote:
We had 8th grade graduation. I don't remember it being *that* big a deal.
I just plopped down $25 for Lulu's yearbook. It will include the whole school tho (K-8), not just her 1st grade class. I'm ok with it this year, but I'm not so hot on buying 2 next year. We'll see...
Drove away in a limo for the 1st wedding. Drove away in a white convertable Mustang for the 2nd one. The Mustang was WAY cooler.
My mom wouldn't buy two yearbooks until we got into high school. UNtil then, it was an every other year thing, this year it's mine, next year is his, etc.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#38 Apr 18, 2013
Also, before they were called "yearbooks," they were called "annuals." I have all of my dad's!:)

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#39 Apr 18, 2013
squishymama wrote:
We had 8th grade graduation. I don't remember it being *that* big a deal.

I just plopped down $25 for Lulu's yearbook. It will include the whole school tho (K-8), not just her 1st grade class. I'm ok with it this year, but I'm not so hot on buying 2 next year. We'll see...

Drove away in a limo for the 1st wedding. Drove away in a white convertable Mustang for the 2nd one. The Mustang was WAY cooler.
Do they also have class pics at the beginning of the year with the whole class? Both boys' schools do that, plus the parents share pics from the school parties an field trips.

I see HS yearbooks as being for the kids, and even jr high yearbooks. At this age, yearbooks are for the parents, IMO, and we are seriously on a budget.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#40 Apr 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>I skipped the senior party to go to a friend's house, whose mother was having an adult party, and slept (but didn't have sex with) an airline pilot.

/endskankreport
I love it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Jacques Ottawa 182,043
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min JOEL 71,224
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min lmao 1,155,619
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 49 min Mike 51,280
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Grau 68,908
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr OzRitz 49,310
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr PEllen 98,873
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Breaking Down Colts' Game Plan vs. Titans
Bleacher Report 5:00 AM
Can't-Miss Picks and Matchup Guide
Bleacher Report 8:09 AM
Breaking Down Bears' Game Plan vs. Vikings
NBC Sports 9:15 AM
Lance Briggs "happy" with Robbie Gould's comments
Bleacher Report11:45 AM
Complete Week 17 Preview for Vikings vs. Bears