Narcotics raids close Beach Park tavern

Oct 23, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News Sun

Beach Park Code Enforcement Officer Jerry Schultz posts a notice that Cruisers Bar and Grill in Beach Park is closed.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 57 of57
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Nancy Mortonthal

Westchester, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2010

Judged:

pa-pa hole wrote:
<quoted text>you dont spell so good either bitch what makes you think your so good to judge others maybe you should quit the coke and go to the smoke
Typical response from a poorly educated sot. Take a hike, loser.
Tserpsa

Great Lakes, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2010

Judged:

*justice*

“Text OR drive...can't do both!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2010

Judged:

Tserpsa wrote:
The Padrons can move and will have to. Again just shall be served and if anyone wants to see the REAL issues and hear what went down in the year long investigation, go to the hearing. Then, as Moncie pointed out, we must have other drug dens that need to be addressed. Moncie, maybe you can give some specifics as to the laws being broken and the bars to the police.
Avoiding the issue? Why should they HAVE to move? Why should the bar be closed when there isn't a damn thing that happens there that doesn't also happen at other bars? Using your logic, every damn bar in the State of Illinois should be shut down. You're not too bright.
Tserpsa

Great Lakes, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2010

Judged:

Moncie, Moncie, Moncie only you have avoided the issue. You told me to move, I don't have to as I am living within the law not outside as Crusiers has. There is a TON of evidence against this place from MANY different departments (no conspiracy here) of which 2 are FEDERAL. You are a very sore loser that needs to result to name calling. Again I encourage EVERYONE to go to the PUBLIC hearing and get the chance to see the evidence presented and not make any judgments based on what either of us have to blog. And yes if "every damn bar in the State of Illinois" is operating a drug den then shut them down. If you have info on illegal activity going on in a bar,if you were a good citizen, you would report it to the proper authorities (especially if you were employed in law enforcement).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2010

Judged:

Tserpsa wrote:
Moncie, Moncie, Moncie only you have avoided the issue. You told me to move, I don't have to as I am living within the law not outside as Crusiers has. There is a TON of evidence against this place from MANY different departments (no conspiracy here) of which 2 are FEDERAL. You are a very sore loser that needs to result to name calling. Again I encourage EVERYONE to go to the PUBLIC hearing and get the chance to see the evidence presented and not make any judgments based on what either of us have to blog. And yes if "every damn bar in the State of Illinois" is operating a drug den then shut them down. If you have info on illegal activity going on in a bar,if you were a good citizen, you would report it to the proper authorities (especially if you were employed in law enforcement).
Puh-lease...I haven't avoided anything. First of all, I remind you that those accused of wrongdoing are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. They are not guilty simply because law enforcement agencies filed some reports, at least one of which is a complete fabrication. Cops are not Gods. There are good ones and bad ones. So don't believe everything you read. There is plenty of evidence that will show that the village has harassed Cruisers and its owners without cause. Cruisers doesn't "live outside the law." Again...how can the bar owners be held responsible for the behavior of others? Are they supposed to search every patron as they enter to prevent illicit drugs? Won't be too many patrons then, huh? And not because of the drugs...because of the search.

Cruisers is not "operating a drug den." I have no information about illegal activity at any bar, including Cruisers, and closing the bar when the owners have done nothing wrong is just plain wrong.

And I'm not in law enforcement. Where'd you get that? You should stick to just reading the words. You're obviously not good at interpreting them.

BTW, given that one report that I'm aware of IS completely made up, how is anyone supposed to believe that any of the rest of the reports is true??? Guess your "no conspiracy" theory just went right out the window.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2010

Judged:

feel better now ?
Tserpsa

Great Lakes, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

Is Ryan Padron and employee? Is Ryan Padron the son of the owner? Is Ryan Padron accused of drug activity? The onwer is responsible for the activity of their employees while on the clock and on the property. Tomorrow, hearing then another 30 days or so for appeal then good bye Crusiers. YES!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

Tserpsa wrote:
Is Ryan Padron and employee? Is Ryan Padron the son of the owner? Is Ryan Padron accused of drug activity? The onwer is responsible for the activity of their employees while on the clock and on the property. Tomorrow, hearing then another 30 days or so for appeal then good bye Crusiers. YES!!!!!
Wow, dude...you've got a lot of energy about this, huh? Fact is, they found NOTHING in the bar, so there is nothing to be "responsible" for.
IDIOTS

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2011

Judged:

That bar was a shit hole and anyone with a brain knows it was a drug haven.Get real,maybe they will tear that dump down and put something useful there.
sachmo

Zion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

All you people have good points. I have been going to that bar on and off since i was a kid. It was more family like when I was younger. And mainly only went there for bands or when my band was playing in the last couple years. On any chosen night the crowd could vary.

Did I think it was a coke den? no.
Could i get coke there? probably

There are going to be good or bad things around every corner of life. As an adult you have the choice to involve yourself with these things or not.

When I was in high school (waukegan high class of 2000). Pot was everywhere. Seemed like 70% of the students smoked and school was the best place to score weed. Do you think we should have shut the school down?

Seems like some people have to much free time.
Agnes Blumgarten

Westchester, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

sachmo wrote:
All you people have good points. I have been going to that bar on and off since i was a kid. It was more family like when I was younger. And mainly only went there for bands or when my band was playing in the last couple years. On any chosen night the crowd could vary.
Did I think it was a coke den? no.
Could i get coke there? probably
There are going to be good or bad things around every corner of life. As an adult you have the choice to involve yourself with these things or not.
When I was in high school (waukegan high class of 2000). Pot was everywhere. Seemed like 70% of the students smoked and school was the best place to score weed. Do you think we should have shut the school down?
Seems like some people have to much free time.
You are not succinct and lack clarity in your writing. Waukegan High School did not have stringent requirements for students to graduate. You're living proof of this. Likely all the illegal drugs you mention made the students dullards.
ZBTHS1998

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

Judged:

Ryan Padron, Cruisers, and Shane Collela have long been peddling dope in Lake County. As evident by the massive raids. 2 federal cases. I am proud of our local law enforcement. I've heard from classmates that Ryan and Shane were dealing drugs over the past few years. I can say for a fact I was solicited by Ryan and a couple of his boys in 2004, I was on my first beer and they didn't even know me. Pretty much the open, one-stop drug-shop at Cruisers and managed by business-savy Padron Family. I personally have wondered over the years why something had not been done. Lake County is in terrible shape. All of these transients, vagrants, and illegals; of course illegal commodities are moving on in just as well. Don't have a social security number? Work in the black market... we are talking drugs, prostitution, and possibly worse. And what a shame Waukegan has become. I hope one day I can be proud of the area I once called home. Putting the Padrons out of business and Collela behind bars, is a great start.
midnight

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2011

Well right now I live 2500 miles away but whenever I come back to town I go in. And I have never seen any of what is being said about the place. And as for DRUG'S ask a Zion cop and they will be able to hook you up. And if you are going to say things about bars that you can buy drug's at. There is the Pit Stop,Fritz corner and a few other that I can not think of at this time but if I do I will right them down. And by the way is the Mayor of Beach Park getting kick backs from the hotels in his town? Because if you want Drug's or a hooker that is where to go or you can stop by the camping at the lake and get your fix. So by them closing the bar down that will be more people out of work that may have kids to feed. That I will bet doen't know what is going on when they work outside or in the bathrooms. Because it is against the law to put video equ. outside or inside a bathroom. But it may help the owners of the bar to put Video equ outside of the bar and in the back of the bar if they do not have as of now.
kathy

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2011

when
milt

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

r.i.p.friend
Tserpsa

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Told You so!
John

Zion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Now closed for non-payement of sales taxes to the state ($60,000.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 57 of57
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min PDUPONT 1,072,446
Police: 2 dead, 16 wounded in weekend shootings 23 min reality is a crutch 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min Patriot AKA Bozo 45,503
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min Obskeptic 173,652
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr 40ish 398
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 67,533
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Midlothian Composer 3,819
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 4:25AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE