Narcotics raids close Beach Park tavern

Narcotics raids close Beach Park tavern

There are 57 comments on the News Sun story from Oct 23, 2010, titled Narcotics raids close Beach Park tavern. In it, News Sun reports that:

Beach Park Code Enforcement Officer Jerry Schultz posts a notice that Cruisers Bar and Grill in Beach Park is closed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Sun.

Beach Park Citizen

Zion, IL

#22 Oct 27, 2010
Tserpsa wrote:
Beach Park Citizen once again I ask you how you know what the evidence is? do you believe that the paper is privy to all the evidence that the FEDS found? I think Not. I LOVE the fact this shit hole is gone. What will you post when the for Lease signs go up on that dump?
How I know what I know isn't relevant. Cruiser's isn't gone. Why are you so happy about people...a lot of people...losing their livelihood? What a sick person you are.
Sox

Hammond, IN

#23 Oct 27, 2010
Cokey McCokehead wrote:
Damn, Now where am i suposed to get my Blow From? Oh yeah I can still go to Hickory House and Clarks to score some.
ALL THOSE BARS ARE BAD NEWS. SHUT EM ALL DOWN! Last time I went to Clarks it smelt Like piss!
Like Wrigley field
truth

Downers Grove, IL

#24 Oct 27, 2010
Maybe if the OWNERS son wasnt the one selling out of the bar it wouldnt be such a big deal, and if he didnt screw people over, "someone" wouldnt of flipped and turned him in! It doesnt matter, Cruisers has been an open air drug market for years. or the Owner to say "I dont allow drugs or drug use" is ridiculous! Um didnt one of your sons OD from a "hot dose"?????
Milt Jensen for President

Berwyn, IL

#25 Oct 28, 2010
Beach Park Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
How I know what I know isn't relevant. Cruiser's isn't gone. Why are you so happy about people...a lot of people...losing their livelihood? What a sick person you are.
Oh Man I feel bad for the Drug Dealers that have to get real jobs now.

I'm sure the bartenders could find another place to tend and the bouncers can find another place to bounce. unless of course.. these were the people that were dealing the shit..
Tserpsa

Grayslake, IL

#26 Oct 28, 2010
ZB news today "drug sales involved employees, one who cooks and another who is a cocktail waitress". Could these be the poor employees that are losing their livelihood? "Drug sales also involved patrons of the bar" and "deputies found packaging materials with traces of drug residue". My guess is more arrests will be coming down. Look out employees!! Also noted in this story that NCIS was involved. Hummmm.

Cruisers will reopen and may remain open during their appeal to the State according to the paper.
Beach Park Citizen

Zion, IL

#27 Oct 30, 2010
Milt Jensen for President wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Man I feel bad for the Drug Dealers that have to get real jobs now.
I'm sure the bartenders could find another place to tend and the bouncers can find another place to bounce. unless of course.. these were the people that were dealing the shit..
In case you haven't noticed, it's a little tough to find jobs right now. And what about the owners? What are THEY supposed to do? They haven't done anything wrong.
Beach Park Citizen

Zion, IL

#28 Oct 30, 2010
Tserpsa wrote:
ZB news today "drug sales involved employees, one who cooks and another who is a cocktail waitress". Could these be the poor employees that are losing their livelihood? "Drug sales also involved patrons of the bar" and "deputies found packaging materials with traces of drug residue". My guess is more arrests will be coming down. Look out employees!! Also noted in this story that NCIS was involved. Hummmm.
Cruisers will reopen and may remain open during their appeal to the State according to the paper.
The paper should have said "alleged" drug sales. These people are innocent until proven guilty, remember?
Tserpsa

Grayslake, IL

#29 Nov 3, 2010
Hearing is next week so if you want the FACTS plan on going. Maybe then people can post with knowledge.
Beach Park Citizen

Zion, IL

#30 Nov 3, 2010
Tserpsa wrote:
Hearing is next week so if you want the FACTS plan on going. Maybe then people can post with knowledge.
I have plenty of knowledge. Pages and pages of knowledge.
pa-pa hole

United States

#31 Nov 4, 2010
Nancy Mortonthal wrote:
<quoted text>
The way you spell and compose so poorly suggests you enjoy your illegal drugs way too much, Rose.
you dont spell so good either bitch what makes you think your so good to judge others maybe you should quit the coke and go to the smoke
tserpsa

Villa Park, IL

#33 Nov 4, 2010
Tuesday 1 pm. Oh, and Beach Park Citizen I too have "pages and pages" of knowledge but I think you have to be over 18 for most of it.
Beach Park Citizen

Zion, IL

#34 Nov 4, 2010
tserpsa wrote:
Tuesday 1 pm. Oh, and Beach Park Citizen I too have "pages and pages" of knowledge but I think you have to be over 18 for most of it.
I'm sure you do. Pages of lies anyway. Blatant fabrication in at least one case. The truth will come out. I assure you of that.
Tserpsa

Grayslake, IL

#35 Nov 5, 2010
OMG Beach Park Citizen, what world are you living in? The NCIS, ATF and other departments have nothing better to do then go after a little dump in north eastern IL spending a year and hours and hours of time and $$ just to make stuff up? What is your drug of choice?
Rotobaugh

Zion, IL

#36 Nov 6, 2010
Tserpsa wrote:
Beach Park Citizen once again I ask you how you know what the evidence is? do you believe that the paper is privy to all the evidence that the FEDS found? I think Not. I LOVE the fact this shit hole is gone. What will you post when the for Lease signs go up on that dump?
To bad you didn't eat more of the baked cod last night at N&T's buffet. If you did you might be in a coma in some veterinary hospital right now away from your computer.
Beach Park Citizen

Zion, IL

#37 Nov 6, 2010
Tserpsa wrote:
OMG Beach Park Citizen, what world are you living in? The NCIS, ATF and other departments have nothing better to do then go after a little dump in north eastern IL spending a year and hours and hours of time and $$ just to make stuff up? What is your drug of choice?
I'm living in the real world, Tserpa. And it's a God damn good thing that I have faith in our judicial system, because my faith in law enforcement has been shaken to its core. You see, I've worked in the Legal field all my life. I knew a lot of cops, and I trusted them. I don't have knowledge of all that they claim in the reports, so I can't speak to all of it. But there is one person in particular for which the reports are complete fabrication. The cop lied and the informants lied. Period.

I don't do drugs. Never have.

This is not a joke. I fail to see how messing with someone's life is a f'ing joke.

Just wondering if you're that cop or how you're involved in this. You seem to have an interest in this that goes beyond normal. You're sure as hell not just some citizen who doesn't like the corner bar.
Tserpsa

Grayslake, IL

#38 Nov 6, 2010
I don't consider being a process server working in "the legal field" but if you do that's ok. Let's just for a second assume you are correct and an officer filed some sort of false report. How does that negate the hundreds of hours by numerous agencies and officers and their reports? I do not want these DRUG DENS operating in my town around my family. That is why we have laws. They have been put on notice in the past and have not headed the warnings. There was a marine that almost lost his life in that place. I am not a cop (many times have wished I was) but expect them to do everything within their power to serve and protect our citizens. Go to the hearing on Tuesday at 1pm at Village Hall and you can watch this open process.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#39 Nov 6, 2010
cruisers has been for a long time a haven for drug dealers and the people that are addicted to them. im glad its gone and hope it never opens back up. it shouldnt be hard for someone to find another bartending job since there are plenty of alcoholics.

“Text OR drive...can't do both!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#40 Nov 7, 2010
Tserpsa wrote:
I don't consider being a process server working in "the legal field" but if you do that's ok. Let's just for a second assume you are correct and an officer filed some sort of false report. How does that negate the hundreds of hours by numerous agencies and officers and their reports? I do not want these DRUG DENS operating in my town around my family. That is why we have laws. They have been put on notice in the past and have not headed the warnings. There was a marine that almost lost his life in that place. I am not a cop (many times have wished I was) but expect them to do everything within their power to serve and protect our citizens. Go to the hearing on Tuesday at 1pm at Village Hall and you can watch this open process.
I'm not a process server. Horrible hours. I'd rather work in retail.

Anyway....there was a false report filed. THAT'S what my concern is.

But back to the bar....do you think that bar fights don't happen at every establishment? Do you think there aren't drugs at other establishments? If you think that, then you're the one who is out of touch with reality. Nothing happens at Cruisers that doesn't happen anywhere else.

I know about the Marine. That was horrible. People were charged and are paying (or have paid) for their crimes.

I'm curious though...if you're so concerned about your family why didn't you move? In spite of what you believe, the Padrons have done nothing wrong. There is no reason for their livelihood to be taken from them. You could move, by the way, to the middle of a corn field in Iowa and find cocaine residue on the back of a toilet in the local tavern.

As for the Mayor's vendetta against the bar, oh...I mean the "warnings" he gave the bar...(it's "heeded" by the way)...his hands were slapped by the state liquor commission for harassing the Padrons. Mayor Jensen's issue with the Padrons and Cruisers is nothing but personal and political. Interesting too, how those bogus "warnings" really started in earnest when the Padrons came out publicly as supporting Linda Sittig in her run for Mayor. Something tells me that's unconstitutional.

“Text OR drive...can't do both!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#41 Nov 7, 2010
weeblewobble wrote:
cruisers has been for a long time a haven for drug dealers and the people that are addicted to them. im glad its gone and hope it never opens back up. it shouldnt be hard for someone to find another bartending job since there are plenty of alcoholics.
Miss grammar and punctuation lessons in school, did ya? I've been going to Cruisers for years and have never seen anything drug-related going on there.

BTW, it's not gone. I was there last night celebrating the owners' wedding anniversary. And what, exactly, does the number of alcoholics have to do with the number of bartending jobs available?

Good grief.....
Tserpsa

Grayslake, IL

#42 Nov 7, 2010
The Padrons can move and will have to. Again just shall be served and if anyone wants to see the REAL issues and hear what went down in the year long investigation, go to the hearing. Then, as Moncie pointed out, we must have other drug dens that need to be addressed. Moncie, maybe you can give some specifics as to the laws being broken and the bars to the police.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min THE DEVIL 1,251,619
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 min Sublime1 99,898
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min woodtick57 192,268
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 53,987
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr RACE 6,144
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr RACE 5,325
Dear Abby July 3, 2015 4 hr RACE 5
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages