Narcotics raids close Beach Park tavern

Oct 23, 2010 Full story: News Sun 57

Beach Park Code Enforcement Officer Jerry Schultz posts a notice that Cruisers Bar and Grill in Beach Park is closed.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Rose

United States

#1 Oct 24, 2010
This is total bunk. Anyone in the area knows this is just further harrassment by 'Village Officials' to try and force them off that corner so the Mayor can pursue his own personal vendeta and self glorification. EVERYONE that knows the owners know they do not stand for any type of drugs in their establishment! The Mayor has made it his own personal mission for years now to harass them in any way shape or for that he can think of! They do not mention that when they came in with dogs the eve beore when scaring the "old timers" from the local neighborhood 1/2 to death, did NOT FIND ANYTHING! That is right! The doggs brought in did not alert to anythIng and the next morning the 'Mayor' shows up with the media and mysteriouslyn the findings have changed overnight. Come on people! If there was 'residue' found in the womens bathroom, they would have shut the estabBlishment down right then and there!

This has been going on for years and is just pure 'D' hatefulness on the Mayors partB This is and has been a neighborhood Pub Type' establishment, that is ALWAYS have opened their doors to local people in times of despair and need for benefits and fuund raisers!

This is NOT a "Drug Den"" that they are beIng falsely acciused of (AGAOiN)! If they are allowed to get away with this -----;ust call the Mayor Milton "HITlER" Jenson!!!!!!!!!!
Nancy Mortonthal

Westchester, IL

#2 Oct 25, 2010
Rose wrote:
This is total bunk. Anyone in the area knows this is just further harrassment by 'Village Officials' to try and force them off that corner so the Mayor can pursue his own personal vendeta and self glorification. EVERYONE that knows the owners know they do not stand for any type of drugs in their establishment! The Mayor has made it his own personal mission for years now to harass them in any way shape or for that he can think of! They do not mention that when they came in with dogs the eve beore when scaring the "old timers" from the local neighborhood 1/2 to death, did NOT FIND ANYTHING! That is right! The doggs brought in did not alert to anythIng and the next morning the 'Mayor' shows up with the media and mysteriouslyn the findings have changed overnight. Come on people! If there was 'residue' found in the womens bathroom, they would have shut the estabBlishment down right then and there!
This has been going on for years and is just pure 'D' hatefulness on the Mayors partB This is and has been a neighborhood Pub Type' establishment, that is ALWAYS have opened their doors to local people in times of despair and need for benefits and fuund raisers!
This is NOT a "Drug Den"" that they are beIng falsely acciused of (AGAOiN)! If they are allowed to get away with this -----;ust call the Mayor Milton "HITlER" Jenson!!!!!!!!!!
The way you spell and compose so poorly suggests you enjoy your illegal drugs way too much, Rose.
Richiestyx

Zion, IL

#3 Oct 25, 2010
You got to be kidding "a neighborhood Pub Type' establishment" B.S.!!!! this is a wanna be hip hop coke bar, No body in the Neighborhood goes there unless they trying to be a thug or look'en for dope.
The cops have been doing undercover work in there for years. That place is as far for a PUB as you can get. They busted one of the kids of the owners at his home I understand that he had drugs all over the house.
Mark

Milwaukee, WI

#5 Oct 25, 2010
This place was a dump to start with, No loss here just a gain for the city.
Beach Park Citizen

Zion, IL

#6 Oct 26, 2010
Actually, Rose is absolutely correct. The Village of Beach Park has harassed Cruisers and its owners for years. They are shut down for things that other Beach Park establishments are not shut down for, and it's ridiculous.

It's not the Taj Mahal, but so what? A lot of good people patronize the bar, and a lot of good people work there as well.

I have to wonder if those of you who are slamming Cruisers have ever set foot inside its doors, or if you're judging without that knowledge. I'm guessing the latter.

Nancy? Have you ever even BEEN in Beach Park?

Richiestyx? You say "No body in the Neighborhood goes there..." Wrong. I live in the neighborhood, and my husband and I do go there. So do many other people who live in the neighborhood. Oh, and Richie? Nice grammar, punctuation, and spelling there, buddy. Not.

It's really irrelevant anyway. Following a hearing yesterday, Cruisers will reopen this Friday afternoon.

Have a nice day.
Beach Park Citizen

Zion, IL

#7 Oct 26, 2010
Nancy Mortonthal wrote:
<quoted text>
The way you spell and compose so poorly suggests you enjoy your illegal drugs way too much, Rose.
Nancy, check out Richiestyx's post. His isn't so great either.

Poor grammar and spelling has nothing to do with drug use. It's lack of education.
Tserpsa

Grayslake, IL

#8 Oct 26, 2010
Reopen, maybe, but once this goes to court we will see. That is the process and anyone that knows the process knows it takes time to close a business (even an unlawful one). That is necessary to ensure due process. I bet this place will be gone for good in less then 6 months. Thank you Sheriff.
j rose

Plainfield, IL

#9 Oct 26, 2010
really??? anyone knows you can walk in and order a bud lite, and 8 ball at the same time! Just a coincidence that the owners son got poped, but he "knew nothing about it?" sure.
j rose

Plainfield, IL

#10 Oct 26, 2010
Please Nancy, its never too let to get an education. Even if its a 3rd grade education.
Nancy Mortonthal

Westchester, IL

#11 Oct 26, 2010
j rose wrote:
Please Nancy, its never too let to get an education. Even if its a 3rd grade education.
Maybe you're correct. Let us know when you advance from the second-grade. Your sentences, if punctuated properly, should read: Please, Nancy it's never too let(sic) to get an education. Even if it's a third-grade education.
Cokey McCokehead

Berwyn, IL

#12 Oct 26, 2010
Damn, Now where am i suposed to get my Blow From? Oh yeah I can still go to Hickory House and Clarks to score some.

ALL THOSE BARS ARE BAD NEWS. SHUT EM ALL DOWN! Last time I went to Clarks it smelt Like piss!
Snow Whitegirl

Kenosha, WI

#13 Oct 26, 2010
Coke is gonna be anywhere you want it. Hell its problay never going anywhere. But yea cruisers is a shithole dump. Clarks 2. Same for hick house. On that note so was Nip n Sip in waukegan b4 it got the boot. Neal...moron
Ktown

Kenosha, WI

#14 Oct 26, 2010
Nancy Mortonthal wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, grammar police, perhaps you could reread your post and let me what you forgot? If grammar had anything to do with intelligence then doctors would be considered retards.
Drugs are illegal because the busy body aholes, such as yourself, think the US is a democracy, it is not. We live in a constitutional republic. The federal government has NO power what so ever to regulate drugs. What happened to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? Just because drugs do not make you happy does not mean you have the right to tell others they cannot partake, not in this country, at least not legally. Understanding the differences between a constitutional republic and a democracy will help you with this but you have probably been brainwashed to the point of being incapable of accepting the truth.
Beach Park Citizen

Zion, IL

#15 Oct 26, 2010
Tserpsa wrote:
Reopen, maybe, but once this goes to court we will see. That is the process and anyone that knows the process knows it takes time to close a business (even an unlawful one). That is necessary to ensure due process. I bet this place will be gone for good in less then 6 months. Thank you Sheriff.
It isn't going to Court. If anything there will be another hearing with the village idiot, Mayor Jensen, and then a hearing with the State Liquor Commission, who has slapped Mayor Jensen's hands before for harassing these people.

You are aware that all the dogs found was residue on the back of one of the toilets in the ladies' room, correct? You will find cocaine residue at just about any bar. What are they supposed to do...search their patrons and their purses?

And people who don't have knowledge of the situation or the bar really shouldn't be running their mouths.

I've been going there for years and NEVER seen a drug deal. Never heard anyone speak of drugs either.

Very interesting that there is an election next week too. Hmmm....
Beach Park Citizen

Zion, IL

#16 Oct 26, 2010
Cokey McCokehead wrote:
Damn, Now where am i suposed to get my Blow From? Oh yeah I can still go to Hickory House and Clarks to score some.
ALL THOSE BARS ARE BAD NEWS. SHUT EM ALL DOWN! Last time I went to Clarks it smelt Like piss!
I'm sure you could head up the road to any of the bars in Lake Forest or Highwood and find what you're after.
Tserpsa

Grayslake, IL

#17 Oct 26, 2010
Those arrested WILL go to court and be convicted. How do you know what was found. They don't report every piece of evidence in the paper. It was a year long investigation including the ATF. There will be formal hearing, it will be appealed by the drug king pins and the State will close this place down. My guess is 6 months tops. Lets make a wager, oh wait the gambling/drug den will not reopen until Friday.
Beach Park Citizen

Zion, IL

#18 Oct 26, 2010
Tserpsa wrote:
Those arrested WILL go to court and be convicted. How do you know what was found. They don't report every piece of evidence in the paper. It was a year long investigation including the ATF. There will be formal hearing, it will be appealed by the drug king pins and the State will close this place down. My guess is 6 months tops. Lets make a wager, oh wait the gambling/drug den will not reopen until Friday.
Yes, those arrested will go to court. How do you know they'll be convicted? I know how the courts work. I am aware that it was a year long investigation. So what? They found NOTHING in the bar other than residue on the back of a toilet which, as everyone knows, could be found at any bar...anywhere.

I'm not a gambler, but the state liquor commission has already slapped the mayor's hands for this type of harassment before. The arrests are one thing. Shutting down the bar and taking away the owners' livelihood for no reason is something else entirely.
Ktown

Kenosha, WI

#19 Oct 27, 2010
What is "nuts" or "clueless" about my post? Dont hide behind some lame emoticons, voice your opinion, this is a forum after all. You obviously agree on some level or you would show proof to the contrary, unless you lack the intelligence.
Tserpsa

Grayslake, IL

#20 Oct 27, 2010
Beach Park Citizen once again I ask you how you know what the evidence is? do you believe that the paper is privy to all the evidence that the FEDS found? I think Not. I LOVE the fact this shit hole is gone. What will you post when the for Lease signs go up on that dump?
russel crowe

New York, NY

#21 Oct 27, 2010
Is there anybody on this thread whos mom and dad are not brother and sister?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 4 min Le Duped 7
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,153,446
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 16 min market indicators 98,836
How long to do this? 20 min Jako Hondasaki 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr scirocco 70,993
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 181,753
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,880
Deat Abby 12-16 3 hr cheluzal 71
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News