Area Woman Starts Petition to Halt Future Electric Daisy Carnival Concerts

May 27, 2013 Full story: Patch.com 105

One annoyed woman from Rockdale is asking New Lenox residents to join her in the fight to halt future noisy concerts.

Full Story
felicia

Chicago, IL

#84 Jun 4, 2013
too bad! edc is already coming back in 2014!!
elwood resident

Elwood, IL

#85 Jun 10, 2013
I am not into any of that music and am all for them having this concert, but why cant they start at noon and go to 11 or midnight? 4am is just flat out disrespectful.
for sale

Manhattan, IL

#86 Jun 10, 2013
Yes I agree... Have the music festival, just maybe end it at a decent hour. I think 11 or midnight is reasonable.
Who Cares

Frankfort, IL

#87 Jun 10, 2013
1 day a year wow spend more time protesting gas prices in Will County,Its awesome that it goes to 4am. I think I will go next year.Stop acting like your 90 years old.
Fred

Manhattan, IL

#88 Jun 11, 2013
Who Cares wrote:
1 day a year wow spend more time protesting gas prices in Will County,Its awesome that it goes to 4am. I think I will go next year.Stop acting like your 90 years old.
I'm 72 years old you little hairless ball sack! It was not just one night, it was three! I've only been retired for 2 years and if they want a chicago event have it in chicago!
Mr. T

United States

#89 Jun 11, 2013
Wow Fred what big balls u have!!!!!

“With Attitude”

Since: Jan 12

#90 Jun 11, 2013
Area Woman Starts Petition to Halt Future Electric Daisy Carnival Concerts.

I bet this narrows down to her being a religious drumbeater with a close~minded hatred for modern music & young people having fun at public events such as concerts.
Mr. T

United States

#91 Jun 11, 2013
Yes il bet your right give her a blunt and a cold one she will get into it
Gus-Pat

Chicago, IL

#93 Jun 26, 2013
Has anyone commented on the arrest those 3 days.Next to nothing on arrest because these kids acted responsibly. P.S.,My wife is 73 and I'm 68 and we had a great time.Some of these elders complaining must be having PMS all their lives. Life is for the living and we are a testament to that.Get a life you complainers,it's only three days a year of fun or stay home,wear ear plugs and flip your remotes.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#94 Jun 26, 2013
Gus-Pat wrote:
Has anyone commented on the arrest those 3 days.Next to nothing on arrest because these kids acted responsibly. P.S.,My wife is 73 and I'm 68 and we had a great time.Some of these elders complaining must be having PMS all their lives. Life is for the living and we are a testament to that.Get a life you complainers,it's only three days a year of fun or stay home,wear ear plugs and flip your remotes.
. I doubt you and your wife are octogenarians like you claim to be. First of all, they would not have let you in for fear of a cardiac arrest due to loud music and flashing lights. Second, you would not have the strength to lift the glo- sticks and twirl them Around while u did the fox trot. So stop pretending to care about the issue, because it is am issue. There is not a reason that any city official should authorize an event going that late.
Bullship

Mokena, IL

#95 Jun 26, 2013
Gus-Pat wrote:
STFU
Carney worker

Frankfort, IL

#96 Jun 27, 2013
I understand Mokena wants a carnival in their downtown area. it would be perfect there. the kids could dance and suck on their pacifiers and twirl pin wheels and watch the wind socks blowing in the wind. please contact Char B at Dave's Auto she is the organizer
yes it is

Manhattan, IL

#97 Jun 27, 2013
DayStar_ wrote:

I bet this narrows down to her being a religious drumbeater with a close~minded hatred for modern music & young people having fun at public events such as concerts.
travel much?
NightSun

Mokena, IL

#98 Jun 27, 2013
DayStar_ wrote:
You're far out and groovy man.

Since: Dec 12

Chicago, IL

#99 Jul 1, 2013
I just want to keep this alive. Edc Vegas was awesome. And that lasted till 730 am. But when again that's Vegas. Though the in Vegas had better rides and a fun house and the Farris wheel that for some reason Chicago didn't get. And before you judge I noticed that edc also does the electric Forrest and the electric run up in the city later this year.
Stacey

Chicago, IL

#100 Jul 1, 2013
I am all in for the kids to have fun but with the heroine epidemic in our community, bad enough where LW Central and other officials held a huge meeting on it, how can we support and be ok with the drugs that clearly are being used there? Kind of hypocritical wouldn't you say.
experienced

Ashburn, VA

#101 Jul 2, 2013
I still maintain the unbelievable amount of alcohol consumed at racing events is a much bigger problem than at EDC. They mostly camp out. The problem is that the kids who try this Molly for the first time usually cant handle it and the drug and others are openly sold. This does not happen at racing events and racing fans plan all year for their races and either camp or have a designated driver. I think the city is sending the wrong message. We are fighting a war on drugs. No amount of money the city makes is worth even one overdose. As for the people that live close, you saw this coming a long time ago. If you didn't sell out when the track was built you are stuck. Did you really think the city would choose your beauty rest over money??
Dom

Woodridge, IL

#102 Jul 3, 2013
Would banjo music have been better? If you don't like the noise, why would you move near the track?
freak

Manhattan, IL

#104 Aug 15, 2013
So how's the protest going
morons

New Lenox, IL

#106 Aug 15, 2013
freak wrote:
So how's the protest going
Since Joliet talks out of both sides of their hind end who knows.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Sunshine 181,706
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 51 min JOEL 70,988
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr RC Hotstuff 1,153,042
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 3 hr Sublime1 19
Deat Abby 12-16 4 hr Mister Tonka 51
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 68,875
sexting on whatsapp 6 hr cute_bwoy 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info