Area Woman Starts Petition to Halt Fu...

Area Woman Starts Petition to Halt Future Electric Daisy Carnival Concerts

There are 105 comments on the Patch.com story from May 27, 2013, titled Area Woman Starts Petition to Halt Future Electric Daisy Carnival Concerts. In it, Patch.com reports that:

One annoyed woman from Rockdale is asking New Lenox residents to join her in the fight to halt future noisy concerts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

NL res

New Lenox, IL

#42 May 29, 2013
NL Local wrote:
Yup it was loud, Yup it keept me up. OK now I can sleep for the next 362 days. It is once a year and in todays times if it makes someone smile well let it be. And i'm in my 60's I can handle 3 days of wow its loud
I totally agree!!!!
New 2 Town

Hobart, IN

#43 May 29, 2013
idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't care about the times? Huh? That's what the whole issue is about. Talk about a simpleton. The fest you are referring to is NOT the EDC, therefore the poster who said Rahm did not want the EDC in Chicago was correct. DUH! How about naming any other outdoor festival in Chicago or the suburbs that ends at 4 O'clock in the morning? Let us know what you come up with.
You got me! I can't think of a single fest that runs that late. OH WELL! Guess what there are things in life that will inconvenience you. This looks like it will be one of them. Get over it and stfu you silly Sally!
Stevie

Manhattan, IL

#44 May 29, 2013
You old fools don't know shit! So what if we just had fun for 3 days! You should smoke a joint and chill the hell out! It's going to be legal soon anyway! That shit was bad ass!
MDMA

United States

#45 May 29, 2013
NL Local wrote:
Yup it was loud, Yup it keept me up. OK now I can sleep for the next 362 days. It is once a year and in todays times if it makes someone smile well let it be. And i'm in my 60's I can handle 3 days of wow its loud
Agreed. I'm a 36 year old and hate rave music. But same as you it was a minor annoyance for three nights and I slept through it because I decided to ignore and deal with it instead of pissing and moaning like an impotent jerk. Get a life people.
Nelson

New Lenox, IL

#46 May 29, 2013
living near 355 wrote:
Where were all you complainers when they built 355 practically in my back yard?
I have noise 24 hours a day plus fumes.I can't sell my house and my kids now have respiratory problems.
I call every elected official to put up sound barriers to no avail.
Where were you? I forgot most of you like the convenience of 355.
In regards to the concert,you learn to live with it.I have to.I wish I had 3 days a year.
It is 3 lousy days.You will get used to it,I have.
Count your blessings that it is only 3 days and not 24 hours!
Ha-Ha
idiots

New Lenox, IL

#47 May 29, 2013
New 2 Town wrote:
<quoted text>
You got me! I can't think of a single fest that runs that late. OH WELL! Guess what there are things in life that will inconvenience you. This looks like it will be one of them. Get over it and stfu you silly Sally!
Guess you lost this argument, huh? Next time check your facts before you shoot your big mouth off. Now it's time for you to stfu.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#48 May 29, 2013
It's a drug infested orgy is all it is, like that stupid Woodstock back in 1969. Need to put a stop to all that stuff.
happy

Manhattan, IL

#49 May 29, 2013
Moodkiller wrote:
<quoted text>Yes there is, it's called liberalism.

To liberals ignorance is a virtue.
To liberals ignorance is a virtue? Let me guess, your a "Fox news" watching republican. You people love to bitch and more often than not you don't even understand why your bitching you do it because someone else told you that you should.

NASCAR is more annoying than EDC! Nonstop noise from early in the morning, fights all weekend long because of drunks and bet your a$$ theres a few dope fiends mixed in!

Saturday and Sunday night the only thing I heard was fireworks. They toned it down trying to work with people yet your still going to complain. I could care less about EDC and have no clue what they sing so I don't type this as a fan, just tired of the nonstop whining. I hope their fans start a petition to keep them here! I'm sure you all do to, something more to cry and whine about!
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#50 May 29, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
To liberals ignorance is a virtue? Let me guess, your a "Fox news" watching republican. You people love to bitch and more often than not you don't even understand why your bitching you do it because someone else told you that you should.
NASCAR is more annoying than EDC! Nonstop noise from early in the morning, fights all weekend long because of drunks and bet your a$$ theres a few dope fiends mixed in!
Saturday and Sunday night the only thing I heard was fireworks. They toned it down trying to work with people yet your still going to complain. I could care less about EDC and have no clue what they sing so I don't type this as a fan, just tired of the nonstop whining. I hope their fans start a petition to keep them here! I'm sure you all do to, something more to cry and whine about!
Liberalism is ruining this country!
New 2 Town

Manhattan, IL

#51 May 29, 2013
idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you lost this argument, huh? Next time check your facts before you shoot your big mouth off. Now it's time for you to stfu.
Yep I lost but don't care. Just wanted to make sure I let you and the rest of the simpletons know how much I think you are a DI*D*O complaining about music and how long ppl are at that track. Get over it.
Ha Ha

Frankfort, IL

#52 May 29, 2013
Ha ha ha to all you drugged out idiots. Both NL and Manhattan mayors want it to end much much earlier. Joliet is in violation of EPA laws. Doubtful you'll get your drugged sex orgy clown festival back in the same way you left it.
Liberal

Manhattan, IL

#53 May 30, 2013
I love communism, capitalism is evil! Go Unions, legalize pot and kill some babies!!!

All of the Obama scandals are set up by racists!

Fox News and George Bush told them to do it!!

Oh, and Rush Limbaugh!

Muslims are your friend and a man's penis in the ass of another man is perfectly normal you Republican Homophobes!!
happy

Manhattan, IL

#54 May 30, 2013
Liberal wrote:
I love communism, capitalism is evil! Go Unions, legalize pot and kill some babies!!!

All of the Obama scandals are set up by racists!

Fox News and George Bush told them to do it!!

Oh, and Rush Limbaugh!

Muslims are your friend and a man's penis in the ass of another man is perfectly normal you Republican Homophobes!!
I noticed you didn't use the analogy about one woman carpet munching another. Is anal sex something you secretly fantasize about? Certainly sounds that way,proving once again that homophobes are secretly gay.
Liberal

Hobart, IN

#55 May 30, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed you didn't use the analogy about one woman carpet munching another. Is anal sex something you secretly fantasize about? Certainly sounds that way,proving once again that homophobes are secretly gay.
You sound like one of those idiot conservatives! I bet you even love America! Fool, we took over and change is here! Racist Fox News watcher!
happy

Manhattan, IL

#57 May 30, 2013
Definitely not a conservative! To be a conservative you have to be an uneducated moron who can't think for himself or the greedy asshat that takes advantage of them.
Life has been so much nicer since the liberals took the presidency, and it will only get better once the repukes are out of congress after the next election. I'm glad I'm not in that party! They've gotten so out of control crazy it's like they don't want people to vote for them! The Koch brothers have tried to brainwash America and actually went as far as suing the FCC for the right to lie but the majority of people can see past that and they only get a small percentage of believers.
Liberal

Manhattan, IL

#58 May 30, 2013
happy wrote:
Definitely not a conservative! To be a conservative you have to be an uneducated moron who can't think for himself or the greedy asshat that takes advantage of them.
Life has been so much nicer since the liberals took the presidency, and it will only get better once the repukes are out of congress after the next election. I'm glad I'm not in that party! They've gotten so out of control crazy it's like they don't want people to vote for them! The Koch brothers have tried to brainwash America and actually went as far as suing the FCC for the right to lie but the majority of people can see past that and they only get a small percentage of believers.
END EVIL CORPORATIONS!!! We don't need jobs, the Government will take care of us!!!! Free Healthcare!! Won't cost tax payers a cent! If you are not a Liberal you are a racist!
Govnuh Quinn

United States

#59 May 30, 2013
It's is with great sorrow and humility that I must make an official announcement that is relevant to all of my neighbors in this great state of Illinois. My remark is this: Morons are everywhere. Selfishness amongst our brethren is rampant and the ignorance that wafts over our state is not from a prevailing east wind coming from Indiana. No my fellow citizens, it is we who perpetuate the ignorance, right here from within. From places like Rockdale, where low income-low motivationals resolve to make noise. Or dissolve noise as the case may be, only to show her true ignorance by being supportive of a gender-racial bias and the relative sport that also exists for 3 days at Chicagoland Speedway. Both providing expense and income, it only suits Rockdalians if the predominate attendance, at the very least knows of 5 or more locals who lack more teeth than they do not. Ignorance. In its purest form. Now some of you may say it is I, your humbling, bumbling governator that is ignorant. And to that end I say- if you tickle the pickle, the plumber will plumb and all will be right with the stamps.
country bumpkin

New Lenox, IL

#60 May 30, 2013
happy wrote:
Hillbilly, don't you have a date with your sister you have to be gettin to. Yeeeee hawww!
Liberal

Manhattan, IL

#61 May 30, 2013
country bumpkin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillbilly, don't you have a date with your sister you have to be gettin to. Yeeeee hawww!
Glenn Beck told you to say that didn't he???!! Yeah, you get your news from Faux News! Dummy! Only us intelligent folks get our news from CNN, CNBC, Huffington Post, and Wikipedia! Stupid Republiturd! Probably a homophobe too!
Vince Foster

Mokena, IL

#62 May 30, 2013
Liberal wrote:
...a man's penis in the ass of another man is perfectly normal you Republican Homophobes!!
You know what, you're right, it is normal. I am no longer what I am, I want to be what you are. You have convinced me. I have never heard a more powerful argument than one man sticking his penis into another man's anus that makes conservatism so wrong and liberalism the light of the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,395,141
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Dr Guru 216,729
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min Earthling-1 60,094
snap chat ;) 1 hr thec921 1
Chicago has the Worst Women 3 hr Joke of the Day 12
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 70,727
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Sublime1 102,473
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages