Area Woman Starts Petition to Halt Future Electric Daisy Carnival Concerts

May 27, 2013 Full story: Patch.com 105

One annoyed woman from Rockdale is asking New Lenox residents to join her in the fight to halt future noisy concerts.

Full Story
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#22 May 28, 2013
hypocrites wrote:
....... all through the day........
And there you have it. The key difference.

I'm curious. Has anyone ever heard of any other open air concert venue in a populated area that allowed middle of the night fireworks and loud music until 4 am?

I'm still asking.....who thought this would be okay.....anywhere.
whatever

New Lenox, IL

#23 May 28, 2013
hypocrites wrote:
80000 drunken NASCAR fans driving home, and 43 cars with 750 HP open exhausts is no problem for you rubes....but something you hayseeds don't relate to makes a little noise, and "Oh my God! Sign a petition!"
And if you think I'm wrong about the NASCAR race and drinking, you haven't been there.....colossal, staggering amounts of alcohol consumed there.....many folks drinking from very early in the morning all through the day. Pure and simple hypocrisy.
The last time I checked alcohol is perfectly legal for anyone over the age of 21. Were all those drugs at this event legal? The races have never been a problem and certainly haven't kept several communities up until 4a.m. The Joliet city officials are ignorant and so are all you ravers. Who cares about the exhaust? Look what you buttheads did to all the animals in the wild for 3 straight days. Did you think they wanted to rave too. You cannot compare a Nascar race to an EDC drugged out clown festival. It's apples and oranges plain and simple. All you EDC people are a bunch of liberal hippies who have no reasoning ability, so I know it's a hard concept for you all.
Dirt Bike Tommy

Evanston, IL

#24 May 29, 2013
Why are drugs illegal and beer is not? Nazis!
New 2 Town

Bensenville, IL

#25 May 29, 2013
whatever wrote:
Rahm didn't even want this in Chicago. What does that tell everyone?
You silly Sally Rahm has one booked in the next couple weeks. http://www.springawakeningfestival.com/
Get your facts right next time.
Russ

New Lenox, IL

#26 May 29, 2013
New 2 Town wrote:
<quoted text>
You silly Sally Rahm has one booked in the next couple weeks. http://www.springawakeningfestival.com/
Yes Chicago has one and notice the hours

FESTIVAL DATES & HOURS
Friday, June 14th, from 3:30 PM to 11:00 PM
Saturday, June 15th, from Noon to 11:00 PM
Sunday, June 16th, from Noon to 11:00 PM
idiots

Mokena, IL

#27 May 29, 2013
New 2 Town wrote:
<quoted text>
How late does this concert go? If it's not 4am then you have to case. Move along...
Dirt Bike Tommy

Evanston, IL

#28 May 29, 2013
Chicago cops don't. Let us do drugs man! They take it from us then resell it! Totally bogus!
New 2 Town

Bensenville, IL

#29 May 29, 2013
idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
How late does this concert go? If it's not 4am then you have to case. Move along...
See I don't care about times. My case was Whatever said Rahm didn't want it in Chicago but a little fact is Rahm has the same kind of fest booked.

All you simpletons are stuck with the EDC for another 4 years I kinda hope the bass drops more than this past weekend and crumbles your house then you will have something to complain about. Ha! Foolish hillbillies!
Mr. T

Des Plaines, IL

#30 May 29, 2013
Wow giddy up boys
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Pennington, NJ

#31 May 29, 2013
I hope the woman is successful and can stop the offensive noises blasting until 4 AM! She should sue the promoters. In face EVERYONE affected should sue and put the promoters out of business!
Mr. T

Des Plaines, IL

#32 May 29, 2013
Really get a grip fool how about we sue for saying sue them
Mr. T

Des Plaines, IL

#33 May 29, 2013
Sterkfontein Swartkrans wrote:
I hope the woman is successful and can stop the offensive noises blasting until 4 AM! She should sue the promoters. In face EVERYONE affected should sue and put the promoters out of business!
U sound Like a real looser
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#34 May 29, 2013
New 2 Town wrote:
<quoted text>
See I don't care about times. My case was Whatever said Rahm didn't want it in Chicago but a little fact is Rahm has the same kind of fest booked.
All you simpletons are stuck with the EDC for another 4 years I kinda hope the bass drops more than this past weekend and crumbles your house then you will have something to complain about. Ha! Foolish hillbillies!
I think most people would agree that little or no complaints were filed with authorities regarding the festival itself, the crowds or the type of music. Hip, hip, hooray for all those who hit financial paydirt and for all the rave fans who had a great time. The fact that you do not recognize the time as the problem and don't even care makes you, in your words, the simpleton.

Rahm will reap all the same benefits as will the rave fans. The big difference is that someone on his end used common sense in the planning stages.
Mr. T

Des Plaines, IL

#35 May 29, 2013
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>I think most people would agree that little or no complaints were filed with authorities regarding the festival itself, the crowds or the type of music. Hip, hip, hooray for all those who hit financial paydirt and for all the rave fans who had a great time. The fact that you do not recognize the time as the problem and don't even care makes you, in your words, the simpleton.

Rahm will reap all the same benefits as will the rave fans. The big difference is that someone on his end used common sense in the planning stages.
Now that deserves a Giddy Up Boys
living near 355

Chicago, IL

#36 May 29, 2013
Where were all you complainers when they built 355 practically in my back yard?

I have noise 24 hours a day plus fumes.I can't sell my house and my kids now have respiratory problems.

I call every elected official to put up sound barriers to no avail.

Where were you? I forgot most of you like the convenience of 355.

In regards to the concert,you learn to live with it.I have to.I wish I had 3 days a year.

It is 3 lousy days.You will get used to it,I have.

Count your blessings that it is only 3 days and not 24 hours!
Mr. T

Des Plaines, IL

#37 May 29, 2013
living near 355 wrote:

I have noise 24 hours a day plus fumes.I can't sell my house and my kids now have respiratory problems.

In regards to the concert,you learn to live with it.I have to.I wish I had 3 days a year.

Wow tell it brother there All a bunch of whining fools
idiots

Mokena, IL

#38 May 29, 2013
living near 355 wrote:
LOL!!! Now that's what I call a stretch. You ravers will stop at nothing to try and win the argument.
idiots

Mokena, IL

#39 May 29, 2013
New 2 Town wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't care about the times? Huh? That's what the whole issue is about. Talk about a simpleton. The fest you are referring to is NOT the EDC, therefore the poster who said Rahm did not want the EDC in Chicago was correct. DUH! How about naming any other outdoor festival in Chicago or the suburbs that ends at 4 O'clock in the morning? Let us know what you come up with.

Since: May 13

Chatsworth, CA

#40 May 29, 2013
She's a hater!!
NL Local

Western Springs, IL

#41 May 29, 2013
Yup it was loud, Yup it keept me up. OK now I can sleep for the next 362 days. It is once a year and in todays times if it makes someone smile well let it be. And i'm in my 60's I can handle 3 days of wow its loud

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,109,179
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min greenwichvillage 98,203
The big Holy Putdown!!!. 28 min Omer 2
Abby 9-16 28 min Pippa 6
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 32 min Cali Girl 2014 49,798
Amy 9-16 1 hr Mister Tonka 7
rahm emanuel is a no show at ASNE-APME Conference 1 hr rahm jizzbucket e... 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 177,970
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search