Area Woman Starts Petition to Halt Future Electric Daisy Carnival Concerts

May 27, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

One annoyed woman from Rockdale is asking New Lenox residents to join her in the fight to halt future noisy concerts.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of105
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mr. T

Woodridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Really get a grip lady. Here's a thought move your fat ass
whatever

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

So how much are you paid to go around to all the sites and make comments like this? Why should we move? The druggies and ravers need to find jobs and lives that don't involve violating everyone else's civil rights. How about Scott Paddock have the ravers party in his backyard for 3 days?
MDMA

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

whatever wrote:
So how much are you paid to go around to all the sites and make comments like this? Why should we move? The druggies and ravers need to find jobs and lives that don't involve violating everyone else's civil rights. How about Scott Paddock have the ravers party in his backyard for 3 days?
What did you do as a kid? I guess we quickly forget what it's like to be young and have fun.

It's like you have all turned into old people calling the new generation whipper snappers and under achievers.

It's three days out of the year get over it and focus on real problems like the economy, poor schools, and your significant other stepping out on you.

I love New Lenox it's the town of 75k a year millionaires who demand everything but contribute nothing.
Mr. T

Woodridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

I agree it's amazing how people forget. Dam let them have there fun.
Horns

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

MDMA wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you do as a kid? I guess we quickly forget what it's like to be young and have fun.
It's like you have all turned into old people calling the new generation whipper snappers and under achievers.
It's three days out of the year get over it and focus on real problems like the economy, poor schools, and your significant other stepping out on you.
I love New Lenox it's the town of 75k a year millionaires who demand everything but contribute nothing.
I don't want people who have been drinking and doing drugs all night on the road.
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Nobody is denying anyone the right to be young and have fun. I can pretty much assure you that every single generation who would try to set off fireworks and play bass blasting music at 2 in the morning would be met with the same objections.

I am just stunned at the attitude of the people who think that they have every right, even for just three days, to make the lives of others miserable. When did respect and courtesy to fellow man makes its way to the bottom of the priority ladder?

I am also stunned at the number of people in the comments who claim that just because they could not hear it, it did not happen and it is not a valid issue. There is just no explanation for this kind of ignorance.

I could not hear it either, but I am quite aware that the wind does not always blow in the same direction and next year it may be my turn. I think we all have been slightly annoyed at bass thumping music that has driven us crazy at one time or another. It is not hard to imagine how this level of inconvenience was intolerable. I am considering signing the petition. I do not think waiting to get bit by the dog is a good idea.
Molly

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

This drug ”Molly” is a ravers delight , they act like retards and don't even remember what they did the night before and OD on it bunch of idiots !
Dirt Bike Tommy

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

I got the best drugs there! I just totally came down from saturdays high today!

I cant wait till next year!
Ahoy

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

You are confused. That is NASCAR.
Horns wrote:
<quoted text> I don't want people who have been drinking and doing drugs all night on the road.
Ahoy

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

I could not hear it either but agree with you. I am hoping Joliet officials can come to a compromise with EDC. All of those that were annoyed should voice their concerns at the new city council meeting.
Appalled wrote:
Nobody is denying anyone the right to be young and have fun. I can pretty much assure you that every single generation who would try to set off fireworks and play bass blasting music at 2 in the morning would be met with the same objections.
I am just stunned at the attitude of the people who think that they have every right, even for just three days, to make the lives of others miserable. When did respect and courtesy to fellow man makes its way to the bottom of the priority ladder?
I am also stunned at the number of people in the comments who claim that just because they could not hear it, it did not happen and it is not a valid issue. There is just no explanation for this kind of ignorance.
I could not hear it either, but I am quite aware that the wind does not always blow in the same direction and next year it may be my turn. I think we all have been slightly annoyed at bass thumping music that has driven us crazy at one time or another. It is not hard to imagine how this level of inconvenience was intolerable. I am considering signing the petition. I do not think waiting to get bit by the dog is a good idea.
Jerky Boy

Homer Glen, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

The broad is from that paradise called Rockdale. That should explain it.

Since: Dec 12

South Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

All I can say I was there. Edc has a five year contract with Joliet. And if you ever break a contract there is a price to pay. I hope Edc rakes Joliet over the coals if they break it bad the city goes broke oh wait it already is. There was 30,000 people there every night and no fights no trouble nothing. You pack a few hundred in the bars tents during Irish fest and everyone gets beat up. Please explain. It was a very good show. And for the record I install systems in cars for a living. And lived in Manhattan my whole life. My job pays for ny house my car my kids. The big bass cars are coming back hard to believe but that are. And it lasted three nights out of the whole year. I don't call the weather man and bitch when the thunder wakes me up in the middle of the night. People get over it. It was loud it was awesome and people came from all over the world to see it. I can't wait till next year
Woodstock

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

the guy down the street wrote:
All I can say I was there. Edc has a five year contract with Joliet. And if you ever break a contract there is a price to pay. I hope Edc rakes Joliet over the coals if they break it bad the city goes broke oh wait it already is. There was 30,000 people there every night and no fights no trouble nothing. You pack a few hundred in the bars tents during Irish fest and everyone gets beat up. Please explain. It was a very good show. And for the record I install systems in cars for a living. And lived in Manhattan my whole life. My job pays for ny house my car my kids. The big bass cars are coming back hard to believe but that are. And it lasted three nights out of the whole year. I don't call the weather man and bitch when the thunder wakes me up in the middle of the night. People get over it. It was loud it was awesome and people came from all over the world to see it. I can't wait till next year
Sounds more like Woodstock to me. What if one of those fun loving free spirits kills or seriously injures you or your children while driving home from that event? 20 somethings don't think it will happen to them. It does.
whatever

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Horns wrote:
<quoted text> I don't want people who have been drinking and doing drugs all night on the road.
They dont drive they camp out all weekend...
for sale

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Appalled wrote:

THANK YOU! I couldn't have stated this better myself.
bassify

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

the guy down the street wrote:
a mother f--ckin men!!!!!!
whatever

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

It is more than the music being too loud. It is a drug fest and anyone that thinks differently is sadly mistaken themselves. Just what Will County needs, more drug problems. It's pretty obvious people are being paid to go onto these sites and talk pro festive crap. Most people went to work today and don't have time to sit at a computer and respond to these morons. Did any of you see all of the drug arrests this past weekend? I'm sure that was a toned down version too. Anyone trying to raise a family and live a peaceful quiet life in suburbia does not want EDC back. By peaceful and quiet I mean in NL, and not that dump Joliet who brought the drugged out clowns to town. Rahm didn't even want this in Chicago. What does that tell everyone?
hypocrites

Channahon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

80000 drunken NASCAR fans driving home, and 43 cars with 750 HP open exhausts is no problem for you rubes....but something you hayseeds don't relate to makes a little noise, and "Oh my God! Sign a petition!"

And if you think I'm wrong about the NASCAR race and drinking, you haven't been there.....colossal, staggering amounts of alcohol consumed there.....many folks drinking from very early in the morning all through the day. Pure and simple hypocrisy.
LMAO

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

LMAO at the Manhattan Wiggers praying for the return of ghetto thumping cars!!! I can see the flat billed hats and saggy pants now! Hahahahahaha! Gangsta!
Moodkiller

Mokena, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Appalled wrote:
... There is just no explanation for this kind of ignorance...
Yes there is, it's called liberalism.

To liberals ignorance is a virtue.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of105
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]