hank hill

Melrose, MA

#1855 Oct 3, 2012
Actually no I'm not just talking about my mother. I have a friend who had a terrible mother, nwglect, beatings, cut her with razor blades, etc...and her mother is gone too, and she misses her terribly. Her mother was raped when she was young and didn't want a girl so when she had one this was her response to her. Despite all the terrible things her mother did to her she still misses her every day of her life. My mother didn't get along great with her own mother, when she no longer had a mother she missed her. Theres many other cases I know of I could point out but I don't feel its necessary.

No matter if you try to mend the relationship or not while you have the chance, once they're gone you no longer have that opportunity. I know there are terrible mothers and people who never should have been blessed with the gift of kids but even these kids who have these awful experiences still do miss their mothers. It's understandable to me, everybody longs for and deserves one person who loves them no matter what, that person is supoosed to be their mother. Its really a shame shitty people are so fertile.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#1856 Oct 4, 2012
If you say your friend who was physically abused by her mother misses her now that she is dead, I will accept your word on it. However I would suggest that you encourage your friend to get some counseling because I believe she misses the chance to have the relationship she wanted with her mother, and not the person who was her mother.
hank hill

Chicago, IL

#1857 Oct 4, 2012
RACE wrote:
If you say your friend who was physically abused by her mother misses her now that she is dead, I will accept your word on it. However I would suggest that you encourage your friend to get some counseling because I believe she misses the chance to have the relationship she wanted with her mother, and not the person who was her mother.
I'll have to agree with you on that. Nonetheless she still misses her. She had a few good days with her right before it happened which I guess is what makes her miss her. And by a few I literally mean just short of 3 full days. Its sad but it has helped her be a better mother to her own kids so at least some good has come from it.
Jodie12

Jackson, NJ

#1858 Nov 8, 2012
My mother is a sociopath.

If you have a parent who is a sociopath or a narcissist you cannot have relationship with them and expect to live a long, healthy life and be successful -- it will never, ever happen.

Sociopaths and narcissists are very destructive -- even if they are your parent. You can google these two above disorders and if they have most of the 7 traits -- RUN!!!

If not, then they're just being a mom and you are confusing abuse with discipline and discipline with abuse ... two very different things with very different intentions.

I wished my mom dead when I was 5. I knew if she didn't die I was in for a miserable childhood and that's exactly what happened. Some women should not have children. Some moms are not good moms. My mother did horrible, unthinkable things to me and my brother and sister. I have Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome because of her ... and my brother and sister both died very young -- sister was 45 and brother was 34. Now, I have no one. Had we all abandoned her when we were 18, we would be happy and we'd all be together.

She stole my childhood and my younger brother and younger sister died because she literally drove them insane. They took drugs to escape the pain - the drugs killed them. But, I blame her.

She tore apart an entire family. My father died young, age 59 because she aggravated him to death. Now I have no family. I no longer speak to her. She is 75 and I am 50. It was the best decision I ever made.
Jew

Los Angeles, CA

#1859 Nov 11, 2012
My mom is very annoying
, but luckily I have bros to help me through it. My dad is not much of a help though.
Samantha

Yakima, WA

#1861 Nov 25, 2012
I hate my mom because her and my dad have been together since I was 7 and she slept with other guys In front of me and was never home after work she would go to the bar and wouldn't come back till 6 in the morning now she's married with some guy and she buys and does everything for his kids .she realy makes me mad and I love her and want to spend time with her.what should I do?
Samantha

Yakima, WA

#1862 Nov 25, 2012
P.s I'm 11 now
Anonymous

Hesperia, CA

#1864 Dec 28, 2012
I hate my mom so much she says that she prays that I change when I don't do anything.
Anonymous

Hesperia, CA

#1865 Dec 28, 2012
If I ever get famous with rap I'm gonna release a song about how much I hate her.It is going to be like 20 minutes long.I already wrote it down on my notebook.
Blaze Nick

Oklahoma City, OK

#1868 Jan 21, 2013
I hate my mom so much for kicking my dad out.he actually cared for me and bought me most the stuff.now i cant get paid anymore and wont be able to leave the house for fun occansions.she dont even care if its my birthday i just celebrate it myself.now i cant buy things myself not even a new pair of shoes.such a jerk for yelling at my dad and for not letting me play a sport anymore now im just lifeless just like she is.
de Chicago

Nashua, NH

#1869 Jan 22, 2013
sounds like it's time to contact your therapist / mental health provider update your medications to help you deal with reality in a more responsible adult fashion.

then turn off the computer, get out meet some new people go to a library, GET A LIFE
Jodie12

Jackson, NJ

#1871 Feb 16, 2013
If your mom is a drug-addict or alcoholic OR meets the traits of NPD 'Narcissistic Personality Disorder'- Narcissism or Sociopath they are the ... Worst. Mothers. Ever.

Look up ACON - Adult-Children (meaning those over age 18) of Narcissists.

These toxic people may seem normal to some people, and may hold down a good job (or not), but they despise their children, they play favorites, play head games, and they hate others whom they view as competition or who confront them about their ugly behaviors. They also have intense jealousy issues.

They abuse their children and emotionally torment them because the 'emotion center' of their brains never fully developed. So, they have no empathy or ability to feel compassion for others, unless they are pretending and putting on an act to impress someone. It is not real.

When they are alone with their child they emotionally torment them. But, they rarely do this in front of others so that their child looks like a liar. Usually there are no witnesses.

Narcissists (and Sociopaths) are all about image - very, very superficial. These selfish, awful people destroy their children and get away with it ... and they (secretly and very slowly) over the years turn their grandchildren against the parents behind their backs.

Narcissism and Sociopathy are very serious, but very downplayed emotional disorders. Children raised by these horrid, toxic, self-absorbed, mean, spiteful, selfish people have the absolute worst childhoods ever.

These people should NEVER EVER have children (or be around them) but they do anyway.

Don't pay attention to the Trollers here. Child abuse dished out by these nasty people is real ... and it hurts bad.

If your parent(s) really do meet all (or most) of the criteria for either of these two insidious emotional disorders (Narcissism or Sociopathy) get away as soon as you're old enough to get out ... and never look back. In the meantime, talk to an adult whom you can trust, NOT someone who will betray your trust and tell your parent behind your back.

Don't tell people who cannot OR who will not help you.

If you reunite with them later on, the anger and pain will start all over again ... and the anger and pain will be worse the second time around.
Jodie12

Jackson, NJ

#1872 Feb 17, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
If I ever get famous with rap I'm gonna release a song about how much I hate her.It is going to be like 20 minutes long.I already wrote it down on my notebook.
I know the hurt and pain abusive moms can cause.

But, remember ... "Honor Thy Mother and Father.

This does not mean you have to put up with abuse. You also do not want to confuse discipline with abuse AND remember everyone is just trying to do the best that they can. It's the parents job to discipline their children.

If it's really, really that bad, then leave when you are of age and when you are also ready to leave. This way you can honor them by remembering the good and appreciating what they did do for you.

Trashing them is breaking a Commandment.

The way to get even with highly abuse parents/people is to remain loving and kind and to be very successful in whatever you chose to do, all while being distant, emotionally and physically, separating and distancing yourself from them, so that you can be successful while remembering the good.

Not by hanging around them. Not by trashing them.
sexsex

Pittsburgh, PA

#1874 Feb 19, 2013
Blaze Nick

Oklahoma City, OK

#1876 Feb 19, 2013
There is really nothing wrong with some parents.They still gave birth you and provided with the supplies needed.If they are abusive I blame the friends and past life.Mom is the outmost supportive person you can think of.Just talk it out with them mean or not every person has some problem in life even me I'm not even an adult yet but problems are like everyday.Just saying why would such a person do a thing like that.You'd best be glad you have the electronics,food,clothing you have if they don't provide it call a therapist or talk to me I'm as a professional a like they are.

“I'll keep it real”

Since: Feb 13

Kansas City

#1878 Feb 22, 2013
krista wrote:
I hate my mom at times too. Sometimes I even hate my dad. They yell at me every night and when I tell then I'm getting tired of being bitched at...they say they weren't bitching and for me to stop using that excuse. My dog of 10 years died last Sunday and I'm going through a hard time. They don't understand. I'm 13 and getting tired of my parents. I have thoughts of when they get in my face, I would slap them like they do to me and run for my life. But I know if I ever slapped them, I would be dead meat if I came back home. Still I feel like calling them many names, but I am too afraid. It makes me mad that the parents get ALL the power. Us kids don't get any credit for our chores around the house. My parents even have their own "spots" on the couch where me and my brother can't set or we will get forced away. Sometimes I spend hours in my room, crying. My brother is almost 18 and I stand up for him whenever they yell at him. But my brother doesn't give a shit about me. My family is a dump. We are spiraling downward each day. I just wish I could move in with my friends.
You've got to be kidding me. Your parents yell at you so what you know the more you yell back the longer it will go on(think about that) your do died okay "I'm sorry to hear that" thanks time to GRIEVE and get over it "Keep a grip on reality kid" Plus if I can say I'm only 19 and I thought my parents (mainly day) was fucking unbearable, but you control it and NOT let it get OUT of control,

“I'll keep it real”

Since: Feb 13

Kansas City

#1879 Feb 22, 2013
Heaven Can Wait wrote:
Stephani - I'm 47 and when I was young, I "hated" my mom. As I got older, I discovered, she was not nearly as 'bad' as I thought and in fact, she wasn't 'mean', she was just being a mom. I lost her way to soon. I was 31 and she was 56. I miss her terribly now, but feel fortunate that we were close when she died.
I hope that what you are feeling are just 'normal' for a teenage girl and will pass. I've been lucky to have a great relationship with my girls, even when they were teenagers. I was not their 'friend'- I was their mom, but they could always talk to me, and we had so much fun spending time together.
If there is any way, try and find middle ground for you and your mom....it will be worth it, I promise. Good luck!!!
I agree with you , I'm 19 it took my 17 years to realize that they aren't so bad just being parents
Blaze Nick

Oklahoma City, OK

#1881 Mar 2, 2013
reality is a crutch wrote:
<quoted text>
daaaa, she is a out of control PMS bitch who is off her meds which effects her nonsense.
No I don't think it is that way just get her a medication like happy pills I'm using some that is why I'm always positive.It works when I'm out then well someone is screwed not me. But again I don't like your attitude against me I'm only 14 dude and I'm more behaved than you are so what now do you got to say to that
Another mom

Scottsdale, AZ

#1883 May 18, 2013
Winky the Pie wrote:
My god, I can't believe some of you.
I never want to hear someone say they want their MOM to DIE. You wouldn't be alive with out her. Jjust because their harsh doesn't mean they don't love you! Their trying to raise and support you, and you want her to die as payment?
Wow. I think therapy might be good for some of you, seriously! Atleast think about your life without your mom!
Please take some grammar classes. It's *they are or they're* not their. Also if the reason why some kids are miserable is simply because their mother gave them birth. Wouldn't that be another reason for some individuals to hate their moms?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#1884 May 18, 2013
And lets not forget the little factoid that if their moms were trying their best, then maybe the poster should not be advocating therapy for the kid, but maybe for the mother who is doing such an inept job of raising a child.

Kids learn what they live and all that.
Another mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Please take some grammar classes. It's *they are or they're* not their. Also if the reason why some kids are miserable is simply because their mother gave them birth. Wouldn't that be another reason for some individuals to hate their moms?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yeah 1,156,865
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min J RULES 71,319
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min positronium 49,381
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 12 min Red_Forman 724
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 13 min Red_Forman 4,929
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 15 min not a ghost 391
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 25 min not a ghost 1,143
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Frank 182,326
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:58 am PST

NFL 6:58AM
Chicago Bears fire Marc Trestman
Bleacher Report 7:23 AM
Bears Right to Clean House; Breaking Down Next Steps
ESPN 7:25 AM
Sources: Bears fire both Emery, Trestman
Yahoo! Sports 7:28 AM
Bills quarterback Orton retires
Bleacher Report 8:14 AM
2014-15 Wild Card Round Fantasy Football Quarterback Rankings