Comments
1,701 - 1,720 of 1,753 Comments Last updated Jul 10, 2014

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#1835 Aug 30, 2012
How many people have you polled? Is it a topic of conversation among your friends?
Would it not be more logical to say that adults have probably buried these memories. Not forgotten, just left them in the past and moved on. You want to claim that all mothers love their kids, but we read of children murdered by their parents everyday, so if murder is indeed a fact, then abuse must also.

Not all scars are visible, not all hurts spoken of, and not all pain disappears.
OrangeLion wrote:
Every teenager tells a story that their moms hate them, no one over 30 has ever mentioned that their moms are like that. Plenty of teenagers misunderstand their parents motives, they don't understand their parents reasons with their limited knowledge of life and of how children think why the parents act that way. It is naive to think otherwise.
OrangeLion

Abergele, UK

#1836 Aug 31, 2012
You should be able to tell the difference between someone giving their experience and leaving it in the past, and someone not leaving it where it belongs and complaining.
OrangeLion

Abergele, UK

#1837 Aug 31, 2012
It is insulting and rebellious for so many teenagers to go on and insult their mom, a proper narcissistic bullying parent wanting to prove power is usually very good at it, leaving you no way of actually having a computer for you to complain on.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#1838 Aug 31, 2012
Duh! Thats because for an adult it IS in the past, and for a teen it is still the present. Think man!
OrangeLion wrote:
You should be able to tell the difference between someone giving their experience and leaving it in the past, and someone not leaving it where it belongs and complaining.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#1839 Aug 31, 2012
So you say that mean parents exist, but are clever enough to prevent their child from posting online about it? And only the spoiled whiny brats have access to the computers at the library and in school in which to post their rants?

Your whacked.
(yeah, improper use of the word, so sue me)
OrangeLion wrote:
It is insulting and rebellious for so many teenagers to go on and insult their mom, a proper narcissistic bullying parent wanting to prove power is usually very good at it, leaving you no way of actually having a computer for you to complain on.
animaniactoo

New York, NY

#1840 Aug 31, 2012
Interesting thread.

My parents were trying to do the right thing, but even they will acknowledge that they did a good chunk of it badly.

When I was a teen, I hated them at points. It was entirely valid. That didn't mean they were horrible people, but they did screw up. Looking back over some of my few writings from that period, I am now surprised by the intensity of my emotions then.

However, I also know that some of the things I hated them for was what I thought was their misunderstanding. They didn't misunderstand. They understood completely and ALSO understood they couldn't let me get away with the way I was thinking if I was going to turn into a semi-mature, responsible adult that it was safe to let loose on the general public.

That's the point at which I decided I was going to have to let my kids hate me sometimes in order to be a good parent.

And I don't expect to be perfect. I hope to achieve what my parents did. To try hard enough and keep trying, to be forgiven for my mistakes.

Yeah, some people have it worse off, but shutting down and shaming people who are dealing with crap is arrogant and rude in my book. The younger generation has a right to their feelings and for them to be exactly what they are at this moment in time. They might be wrong about em, but the still have a right to have em and go through the same process of growing up that most of the shamers and shutdowners have. On, and don't tell me you never said you hate your life and your mom (or dad). I don't know a single person who hasn't been through that stage, even if it was only for a couple of hours.
OrangeLion

Abergele, UK

#1841 Aug 31, 2012
RACE wrote:
Duh! Thats because for an adult it IS in the past, and for a teen it is still the present. Think man!
<quoted text>
Do you share your experiences in life when you have a conversion to just have a comment on something? Of course they would. Their is an obvious difference between complaining, and just explaining what happened if it catches your eyes, and yes, why the hell do these kids have laptops to comment on? Hate?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#1842 Aug 31, 2012
commenting that I fell out of a tree when I was a kid is one thing, saying my mother verbally degraded me every day, and had no clue how to be a mother because she was too drunk to even cook a dinner is something else. Saying my mother was quick to smack me when I got mouthy, could come up in conversation, but saying that my moms boyfriend would smack me for no reason probably would not.

You just dont realize how bad some kids have it. You weigh their words against your experience, and that is wrong.

Walk a mile in their shoes, then climb on your soapbox.
OrangeLion wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you share your experiences in life when you have a conversion to just have a comment on something? Of course they would. Their is an obvious difference between complaining, and just explaining what happened if it catches your eyes, and yes, why the hell do these kids have laptops to comment on? Hate?
OrangeLion

Abergele, UK

#1843 Aug 31, 2012
I was talking about on here, only a kid on here has made those comments.
OrangeLion

Abergele, UK

#1844 Aug 31, 2012
An adult has no mentioned that is has happened to them when if this thread catches their eyes, they never shared their views or discussed anything.
OrangeLion

Abergele, UK

#1845 Aug 31, 2012
animaniactoo wrote:
Interesting thread.
My parents were trying to do the right thing, but even they will acknowledge that they did a good chunk of it badly.
When I was a teen, I hated them at points. It was entirely valid. That didn't mean they were horrible people, but they did screw up. Looking back over some of my few writings from that period, I am now surprised by the intensity of my emotions then.
However, I also know that some of the things I hated them for was what I thought was their misunderstanding. They didn't misunderstand. They understood completely and ALSO understood they couldn't let me get away with the way I was thinking if I was going to turn into a semi-mature, responsible adult that it was safe to let loose on the general public.
That's the point at which I decided I was going to have to let my kids hate me sometimes in order to be a good parent.
And I don't expect to be perfect. I hope to achieve what my parents did. To try hard enough and keep trying, to be forgiven for my mistakes.
Yeah, some people have it worse off, but shutting down and shaming people who are dealing with crap is arrogant and rude in my book. The younger generation has a right to their feelings and for them to be exactly what they are at this moment in time. They might be wrong about em, but the still have a right to have em and go through the same process of growing up that most of the shamers and shutdowners have. On, and don't tell me you never said you hate your life and your mom (or dad). I don't know a single person who hasn't been through that stage, even if it was only for a couple of hours.
Your comment said everything I needed to say. Every bit of it was true, if you disagree with this post, its too obvious that your very young.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#1846 Aug 31, 2012
You have read every post? I am almost certain I have read posts from adults on here.
OrangeLion wrote:
An adult has no mentioned that is has happened to them when if this thread catches their eyes, they never shared their views or discussed anything.
OrangeLion

Abergele, UK

#1847 Aug 31, 2012
Not every post, but perhaps you are right about a few. But can we trust too much of the users here when they say it when the situations of it don't sound at all the case that their moms hate them?
OrangeLion

Abergele, UK

#1848 Aug 31, 2012
And I don't know if you have read them all either, as I have agreed with some of them who sound convincing.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#1849 Aug 31, 2012
Yes, I do agree that not every post here reads as a person who's being abused, but thats not the point. The point is that there ARE teens who's lives are a living hell, and here is the only place they have to unload. Those are the people who are hurt the most by your words. You invalidate their pain, you trivialize their life by lumping them in with the ones you scorn.

I can say the same thing as you, and tell all the self centered little brats who post here to grow up and count their blessings, but instead I just ignore them. I dont reply to them because they dont need a reply, and to engage them is to diminish the entire thread. Instead of bashing the ones who are indeed just acting out, reply to the posters who are truly "reaching out". You'll feel better.
OrangeLion wrote:
Not every post, but perhaps you are right about a few. But can we trust too much of the users here when they say it when the situations of it don't sound at all the case that their moms hate them?
Person

Cumming, GA

#1850 Sep 5, 2012
OrangeLion wrote:
It is insulting and rebellious for so many teenagers to go on and insult their mom, a proper narcissistic bullying parent wanting to prove power is usually very good at it, leaving you no way of actually having a computer for you to complain on.
Have you ever considered that it isn't their computer? You are one of life's biggest dumbasses around. Stop trying to justifying our actions, huh?
I know what you feel

Canonsburg, PA

#1851 Sep 28, 2012
I know that she is mean but you would not want her to die cause she is your mom you have to deal with it
Mary

Chicago, IL

#1852 Oct 2, 2012
I just got a bare spanking from my mom for stealing. It hurts to sit down and my butt feels like it's on fire.
hank hill

Boston, MA

#1853 Oct 2, 2012
You only get one mother, when shes gone you will miss her. I don't care what kind of mother she is. You WILL be lost, because you will have noone that you can call for any stupid little question you have, or call just to shoot the shit while you're bored, sad, lonely or just whatever. I hope none of you ever call your house to talk to your mom only to find she cannot talk because she has had a stroke and thrown a blood clot and is being put in an ambulance to never speak to you again, then comes the call that shes coded in the er and they got her back, put her on life support and you have to come home to say your goodbyes and bury her, while she leaves behind her 5 kids from 20-38 and a 3 year old grand daughter, and a husband. You are not guaranteed a certain amount of time with people. 55 is too young to be put in a box and be covered with dirt. Ever think that at 20 years of age youd be picking out a coffin and headstone? Me either.

I wouldn't wish this on any of these little punks on here talking shit about their mother because they didn't get their way. Grow up! Treasure what you have, she wont be there forever!(same goes for your fathers!)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#1854 Oct 3, 2012
You are stating that all mothers are like yours was. That is totally inaccurate. Sorry for your loss, but physical/mental/emotional abuse of children happens every single day, and mothers are some of those inflicting that abuse on their own children.
I think it very arrogant for you to dismiss that pain simply because you have had the good fortune to never have experienced it.

Go count your blessing, and quit preaching.
hank hill wrote:
You only get one mother, when shes gone you will miss her. I don't care what kind of mother she is. You WILL be lost, because you will have noone that you can call for any stupid little question you have, or call just to shoot the shit while you're bored, sad, lonely or just whatever. I hope none of you ever call your house to talk to your mom only to find she cannot talk because she has had a stroke and thrown a blood clot and is being put in an ambulance to never speak to you again, then comes the call that shes coded in the er and they got her back, put her on life support and you have to come home to say your goodbyes and bury her, while she leaves behind her 5 kids from 20-38 and a 3 year old grand daughter, and a husband. You are not guaranteed a certain amount of time with people. 55 is too young to be put in a box and be covered with dirt. Ever think that at 20 years of age youd be picking out a coffin and headstone? Me either.
I wouldn't wish this on any of these little punks on here talking shit about their mother because they didn't get their way. Grow up! Treasure what you have, she wont be there forever!(same goes for your fathers!)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min No Surprize 1,100,635
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 20 min Corrupt Democrats 1,911
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 21 min deutscher Nationa... 46
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 38 min KiMare 49,542
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 39 min JOEL 69,014
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr 40ish 4,675
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr wojar 177,414
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 hr edogxxx 97,938
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••