Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.

Comments (Page 395)

Showing posts 7,881 - 7,900 of7,946
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Believing in "ACDDCGCDO" 'science' is like believing Fox and CNN are "real" journalism networks.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
China and India just began spewing greenhouse gases. We've been doing it in North America and Europe for more than a century, so the Chinese and Indians rightly expect us to take the lead in cleaning up the mess; once we do, they will follow.
Overall, it'll cost about 1% of global GDP to solve this, and it'll have the happy effect of building our own energy independence as well. Not a heavy cost at all--IF we start soon.
This was in 2008 after the US elections. Hope sprang eternal then.

Where are we now, Northie?

P.S. Ships and planes and the wars have polluted globally.
Clear Dharma

Fochabers, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>This was in 2008 after the US elections. Hope sprang eternal then.
Where are we now, Northie?
P.S. Ships and planes and the wars have polluted globally.
Well precisely SpaceBlues.

Good ideas are subservient to the economy, and therefore cycle up and down. Then the idiots in power will stock their arms to such levels that they eventually need to use a few so that they can keep the spending budgets nice and high.

And war is by far the greatest destroyer, the greatest polluter that we have ever invented.

Normally after destruction we can expect an up cycle and a period of growth. I hope that those good ideas are picked up where they were left behind, and we can build positively and get somewhere. Time is ticking.

I'd love to listen to some blues in space one day.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

You're far more likely to visit space one day, than to mitigate climate change. The reason is, scientists have actually demonstrated space flight but climate change mitigation remains untried and untested.
Clear Dharma

Fochabers, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
You're far more likely to visit space one day, than to mitigate climate change. The reason is, scientists have actually demonstrated space flight but climate change mitigation remains untried and untested.
Perhaps so Brian, buts what's the conclusion to that unique, never before heard insight?

Continue the wars, pollute at will, pump the carbon into the atmosphere, allow (American) industries to rip the hell out of the resources ... is that what you're saying?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Does CD think climate change mitigation will stop wars, stop us from exhaling carbon into the air or stop the use of resources and the byproducts of industry?

Seems like man made catastrophic climate change theory is based on fantasy and illusion instead of science.
Clear Dharma

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

I afraid Brian, that it wont. However man in his intelligence intuitively knows when enough is enough. And many of us are quite prepared to strive for more efficient use of fossil fuels in order to mitigate climate change and conserve an irreplaceable resource for a future generation. That takes both international dialogue, and a commitment of effort.

The above makes clear sense.

I find that a belief system based approach such as yours is normally the mark of a Lobby group for one industry or another. 42,629 post Brian ... you must be well rewarded, Man!
gcaveman1

Morton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
That's not what you've said before.

You've said our greenhouse gases have prevented the next ice age. Make up your mind.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a silly statement to make.
My reply to earthling below applies to you, too.
Media Matters and the Union of Concerned Scientists are commenting on Fox News? Two very biased organizations are commenting on another organization's bias?

What a silly way to support a silly statement.
Bollocks

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Green power goes ahead, investment are multiplying, new companies and concerns are being developed to deal with this, governments are investing. Meanwhile the dumb of the world keep denying it. Lets face it guys you have no education, no research stations and no proof except a bunch of links from the internet written by another clown or two. It makes me laugh how all this research has to be checked and triple checked and than idiots on the internet know better. Ha ha! You will be ignored just like on countless other issues, by your own governments, that's because the people there have already hired smart people to advise them and you are not one of them. They are called scientists, they have respect. You are called internet peasants and have nothing but made up garbage and some links from other nutters. That's why no one is listening and the amount of green projects has gone up sharply. History will consign you to being throwbacks leftover from another age, people like me already have. Go gnaw a bone, you can send each other web links on how to gnaw properly, you'll be qualified, maybe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Clear Dharma wrote:
I afraid Brian, that it wont. However man in his intelligence intuitively knows when enough is enough. And many of us are quite prepared to strive for more efficient use of fossil fuels in order to mitigate climate change and conserve an irreplaceable resource for a future generation. That takes both international dialogue, and a commitment of effort. The above makes clear sense. I find that a belief system based approach such as yours is normally the mark of a Lobby group for one industry or another. 42,629 post Brian ... you must be well rewarded, Man!
When did the geological processes that created fossil fuel stop?

In fact, solar and wind take "irreplaceable resource" because once you use a photon or the wind, you need to wait for more while if you use coal, oil or gas all you have to do is buy as much more as you like.

We need an energy policy that encourages the production and use of energy and fuel. Not green energy sold by crony capitalists and their paid prostitutes in Washington.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

gcaveman1 wrote:
That's not what you've said before. You've said our greenhouse gases have prevented the next ice age. Make up your mind.
That's not what I said; that was based on an undemonstrated assumption. We've gone over this before.
Clear Dharma

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Bollocks wrote:
Green power goes ahead, investment are multiplying, new companies and concerns are being developed to deal with this, governments are investing. Meanwhile the dumb of the world keep denying it. Lets face it guys you have no education, no research stations and no proof except a bunch of links from the internet written by another clown or two. It makes me laugh how all this research has to be checked and triple checked and than idiots on the internet know better. Ha ha! You will be ignored just like on countless other issues, by your own governments, that's because the people there have already hired smart people to advise them and you are not one of them. They are called scientists, they have respect. You are called internet peasants and have nothing but made up garbage and some links from other nutters. That's why no one is listening and the amount of green projects has gone up sharply. History will consign you to being throwbacks leftover from another age, people like me already have. Go gnaw a bone, you can send each other web links on how to gnaw properly, you'll be qualified, maybe.
Good post ...made me smile :-)
Clear Dharma

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>When did the geological processes that created fossil fuel stop?
It didn't Brian. IS that a question you asked of yourself, or just a stocking filler to give the pretense that you know something about natural processes?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, solar and wind take "irreplaceable resource" because once you use a photon or the wind, you need to wait for more while if you use coal, oil or gas all you have to do is buy as much more as you like.
We need an energy policy that encourages the production and use of energy and fuel. Not green energy sold by crony capitalists and their paid prostitutes in Washington.
Brian ... do you not see the different between the value of a photon hitting a solar panel and generating energy, as opposed to the same photon hitting a rock and you running out to burn a finite stock of fossil fuel to create the same quantum of energy?

We have a policy that encourages the use of fossil fuels. Are you meaning more efficient use of fossil fules, or just wanton abuse of fossil fuels on an I-dont-give-a-fcuk scale? I only ask as you dont appear to have answered my original question.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Nice reasoning. The geological process that created fosssil fuel will lock up and bury the carbon once again. In about 100 million years or so. All we gotta do is wait!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

I don't want a government that tells me I must conserve, I must get along with less. Our government should encourage the production and use of energy and fuel, not try to control our behavior and force us into poverty.
dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
Great question that no "believer" has the courage to contemplate much less look for the answer.
Clear Dharma

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
I don't want a government that tells me I must conserve, I must get along with less. Our government should encourage the production and use of energy and fuel, not try to control our behavior and force us into poverty.
So what's wrong with creating efficient use of machines that burn less of the precious and irreplaceable fossil fuels. The more this generation uses, the less available for future generations, right? Does your attitude not sound just a tad egocentric, Brian?

For example, what's wrong with investing money to design and build automobiles that do 60 mpg instead of 15 mpg? How does you're hard done by ass suffer in that example?
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice reasoning. The geological process that created fosssil fuel will lock up and bury the carbon once again. In about 100 million years or so. All we gotta do is wait!
Still does not address the question of when the process stopped. And if it has not stopped then there is no need to "wait". A concept that would cause severe cognitive dissonance so we will not get a 'reasoned response' from those who keep the faith.
OnlyPatchWork

Poughquag, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Clear Dharma wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's wrong with creating efficient use of machines that burn less of the precious and irreplaceable fossil fuels. The more this generation uses, the less available for future generations, right? Does your attitude not sound just a tad egocentric, Brian?
For example, what's wrong with investing money to design and build automobiles that do 60 mpg instead of 15 mpg? How does you're hard done by ass suffer in that example?
Here is an interesting video about 10 Inventions suppressed by the status qou APPARENTLY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,881 - 7,900 of7,946
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE