Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.
Comments
7,861 - 7,880 of 7,942 Comments Last updated Aug 14, 2013

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#8220 Jul 12, 2013
Bozo wrote:
Poor old fellow has delusions also.
I know you do, what's new?
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#8221 Jul 12, 2013
Earthling-1 wrote:
This thread will be 5 years old in December and cavemonkey says it's his first visits here.
One visit. Only. And your point is?

i shore hop i kin larn somthin from ole MR dirtlin, lack how tu spale wurds, cawse i no he thinks he smart enuff to teach som peepul stuff
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#8222 Jul 12, 2013
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Is that a confession, or an admission of guilt?
That's a fact, Jack.
Kami

Rumia, Poland

#8223 Jul 12, 2013
it is result of pathological activity of some countries especially usa and sidekickers from western europe and other sidekickers from this capitalistic block of out of minders and their copy cats, who have destroyed natural environment by their roads, ,,modern buildings in the centre of natural forests, destroying rainforests, destroying natural rivers etc.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#8224 Jul 12, 2013
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>I know you do, what's new?
I hear an echo old man. Try to come up with something original.

#8225 Jul 13, 2013
I will when you do, Bozo.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#8227 Jul 13, 2013
Earthling-1 wrote:
I will when you do, Bozo.
Wow, old man. Sounds like you have regressed into your second childhood.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#8228 Jul 13, 2013
Even Fox can't deny all the time...

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/07/11/fox-n...

#8229 Jul 14, 2013
cavemonkey wrote:
What are sceptics
"denying,"
exactly?

1. Sceptics don't
"deny"
climate, therefore cannot be
"climate deniers."
2. Sceptics don't
"deny"
that climate changes, therefore cannot be
"climate change deniers."
3. Sceptics don't
"deny"
that Earth has warmed by 0.74 C over the last 162 years, therefore cannot be
"global warming deniers."
4. Sceptics don't
"deny"
that some scientists are doing their best to find out what's happening, therefore cannot be
"climate science deniers."
5. Sceptics don't
"deny"
that CO2 can cause a small amount of warming, therefore cannot be
"anthropogenic global warming deniers."
6. Sceptics don't
"deny"
anything, we're sceptical of the inaccurate figures bandied about by alarmists and very sceptical of the scary catastrophe stories about everything and anything.
We're also justifiably sceptical of computer models.

So, catastrophists, man up and spill the beans, what do you believe sceptics are actually
"denying,"
if you know, of course?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#8230 Jul 14, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/07/11/fox-n...
What a silly statement to make.

Fox News reported the news of the government report. Just because Fox News is not a supporter of man made climate change it doesn't let it's opinions stop it from reporting the 'news'.

It's called real journalism.

#8231 Jul 14, 2013
FF aka Fossil Fuels wrote:
Fox News reported the news of the government report. Just because Fox News is not a supporter of man made climate change it doesn't let it's opinions stop it from reporting the 'news'.
It isn't where cavemonkey's head is coming from, which is usually somewhere dangling between his legs at this time of year.

Or so he would have us believe.
Wintergirl

Spring, TX

#8233 Aug 6, 2013
Earthling-1 wrote:
This thread will be 5 years old in December and cavemonkey says it's his first visits here.
Poor chap can't even spell dumbasses.ֿ
Posts on climate change are popular. I'm not sure why. Where is old Gore anyway? Did Tipper really divorce him?
OnlyPatchWork

Carmel, NY

#8234 Aug 7, 2013
Wintergirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Posts on climate change are popular. I'm not sure why. Where is old Gore anyway? Did Tipper really divorce him?
I heard George W Bush had a house that was more environmentally friendly than that of Al Gore.

Wow,,, What a conical material that is!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#8235 Aug 7, 2013
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are sceptics <quoted text> exactly?
1. Sceptics don't <quoted text> climate, therefore cannot be <quoted text>
2. Sceptics don't <quoted text> that climate changes, therefore cannot be <quoted text>
3. Sceptics don't <quoted text> that Earth has warmed by 0.74 C over the last 162 years, therefore cannot be <quoted text>
4. Sceptics don't <quoted text> that some scientists are doing their best to find out what's happening, therefore cannot be <quoted text>
5. Sceptics don't <quoted text> that CO2 can cause a small amount of warming, therefore cannot be <quoted text>
6. Sceptics don't <quoted text> anything, we're sceptical of the inaccurate figures bandied about by alarmists and very sceptical of the scary catastrophe stories about everything and anything.
We're also justifiably sceptical of computer models.
So, catastrophists, man up and spill the beans, what do you believe sceptics are actually <quoted text> if you know, of course?
Maybe Fox was skeptical at one time, but their record of late has been denialism.

As Media Matters notes: "this segment is a big step forward for a network that once directed its reporters to cast doubt on the basic fact that the planet has warmed and has misled its audience in 93 percent of its coverage according to an analysis from the Union of Concerned Scientists."

So your unnecessary and didactic explanation of skepticism, totally unrelated to the subject at hand, merely shows again that you have completely lost the ability to follow logical thought.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#8236 Aug 7, 2013
FF aka Fossil Fuels wrote:
<quoted text>

My reply to earthling below applies to you, too.
dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#8237 Aug 7, 2013
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
China and India just began spewing greenhouse gases. We've been doing it in North America and Europe for more than a century, so the Chinese and Indians rightly expect us to take the lead in cleaning up the mess; once we do, they will follow.
Overall, it'll cost about 1% of global GDP to solve this, and it'll have the happy effect of building our own energy independence as well. Not a heavy cost at all--IF we start soon.
And what did you mean when you said "soon"?
dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#8238 Aug 7, 2013
Believing in "ACDDCGCDO" 'science' is like believing Fox and CNN are "real" journalism networks.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#8239 Aug 7, 2013
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
China and India just began spewing greenhouse gases. We've been doing it in North America and Europe for more than a century, so the Chinese and Indians rightly expect us to take the lead in cleaning up the mess; once we do, they will follow.
Overall, it'll cost about 1% of global GDP to solve this, and it'll have the happy effect of building our own energy independence as well. Not a heavy cost at all--IF we start soon.
This was in 2008 after the US elections. Hope sprang eternal then.

Where are we now, Northie?

P.S. Ships and planes and the wars have polluted globally.
Clear Dharma

Aberdeen, UK

#8240 Aug 10, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>This was in 2008 after the US elections. Hope sprang eternal then.
Where are we now, Northie?
P.S. Ships and planes and the wars have polluted globally.
Well precisely SpaceBlues.

Good ideas are subservient to the economy, and therefore cycle up and down. Then the idiots in power will stock their arms to such levels that they eventually need to use a few so that they can keep the spending budgets nice and high.

And war is by far the greatest destroyer, the greatest polluter that we have ever invented.

Normally after destruction we can expect an up cycle and a period of growth. I hope that those good ideas are picked up where they were left behind, and we can build positively and get somewhere. Time is ticking.

I'd love to listen to some blues in space one day.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#8241 Aug 10, 2013
You're far more likely to visit space one day, than to mitigate climate change. The reason is, scientists have actually demonstrated space flight but climate change mitigation remains untried and untested.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min mdbuilder 1,102,047
Sin City is in the Streets of Chicago. Where i... 1 hr Culture Auditor 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr well 49,521
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 177,549
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr gcaveman1 46,390
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 69,109
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr the wandering girl 4,681
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr RACE 97,985
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000