Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real. Full Story

“Science not Conservatism”

Since: Jan 12

Progress, not Denial

#8200 Mar 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I don't call my opponents trolls, this is where we differ.

>>I call 'em like I see 'em, Brian. You always post the same twaddle, you derail discussions on purpose, you argue in concentric circles. You are, IMO, a troll. I'm quite sincere. That part wasn't an insult.

<quoted text>Since it takes geometric increase in CO2 to increase warming arithmetically, each molecule of CO2 you emit has less effect than the previous CO2 molecule you emitted. Isn't it nice, that nature has already mitigated our carbon emissions?
Climate always changes; don't panic. Wait for experimental tests, demonstrations and trials before implementing a new technology. Don't buy a pig in a poke.

That sort of argument is EXACTLY what I mean. Unless you're nuts, you probably know this already and are just laughing, but I feel the need to rebut your silly posts anyway.

Progress, not Denial

#8201 Mar 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^I don't rely on ad hominem arguments because reason is superior to irrationality.
CARSON: They feel that if you look a certain way, then you have to stay on the plantation. I've heard that some people referred to me as an Uncle Tom. Obviously they don't know what an Uncle Tom is. They need to read Harriet Beecher Stowe's novel Uncle Tom's Cabin to see that he was very subservient, kind of go-along-to-get-along type person. Obviously that's not what I'm doing. And what the left frequently does -- and some aspects of the right, too -- is they try to make life so unpleasant for anybody who disagrees with them that people will keep silent. I'm trying to get people to speak up because, you know, this country is changing into something else and we need to make sure that that we really want to change into something else and not just end up there and ask ourselves how did we get there.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/03/27/...
LOL! Now the "scientific" Brainless_G is citing Limbaugh - and in a completely offtopic way, too!

It's good that you keep supporting my arguments against your posts instead of attempting to refute them, Brainless. Makes my job so much easier!:)

Progress, not Denial

#8202 Mar 28, 2013
Brudny Zyd Malpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to sign the petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =yi3erdgVVTwXX
Get back to me with an intelligent, on-topic post someday. When you grow up, that is.

Progress, not Denial

#8203 Mar 28, 2013
The Iron Dictator wrote:
<quoted text>Scientists say that they have proven that Jews are Children of Satan,now we must do something about it!
Go find the anti-Semite board, fool, there must be one on Topix SOMEwhere.
Feb Reeze

Spring, TX

#8204 Jul 3, 2013
Just trying to give posters some choices besides the Silly trial going on in Florida. It's not even a real trial. How many more Days until HLN moves on to a real trial or the completion of the JA trial? What was the topic again?
Feb Reeze

Spring, TX

#8205 Jul 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't call my opponents trolls, this is where we differ.
<quoted text>Since it takes geometric increase in CO2 to increase warming arithmetically, each molecule of CO2 you emit has less effect than the previous CO2 molecule you emitted. Isn't it nice, that nature has already mitigated our carbon emissions?
Climate always changes; don't panic. Wait for experimental tests, demonstrations and trials before implementing a new technology. Don't buy a pig in a poke.
Did you see the show where there are stations run by agencies that can change the climate and that might be the real cause of the severe climate change to include increases in hurricanes, tornadoes, and flooding.

Progress, not Denial

#8206 Jul 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^I don't rely on ad hominem arguments because reason is superior to irrationality.
CARSON: They feel that if you look a certain way, then you have to stay on the plantation. I've heard that some people referred to me as an Uncle Tom. Obviously they don't know what an Uncle Tom is. They need to read Harriet Beecher Stowe's novel Uncle Tom's Cabin to see that he was very subservient, kind of go-along-to-get-along type person. Obviously that's not what I'm doing. And what the left frequently does -- and some aspects of the right, too -- is they try to make life so unpleasant for anybody who disagrees with them that people will keep silent. I'm trying to get people to speak up because, you know, this country is changing into something else and we need to make sure that that we really want to change into something else and not just end up there and ask ourselves how did we get there.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/03/27/...
Ben Carson IS an Uncle Tom, and Limbaugh is a despicable, cowardly, hypocritical racist himself. Carson whines about being attacked, but launched a racist attack on his white, liberal opponents.

As to you using "reason..."

ROTFLMAO!!

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#8207 Jul 10, 2013
FuGyou wrote:
Because your opponents aren't troll ...
It's make your mind up time, Fuggy, singular or plural?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#8208 Jul 10, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
Ben Carson IS an Uncle Tom,[]. Carson whines about being attacked, but launched a racist attack on his white, liberal opponents. As to you using "reason..." ROTFLMAO!!
^^^tha Professor has made a racist insult against a black man. Those without logical argument use ad hominem irrationality.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#8209 Jul 11, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Now the "scientific" Brainless_G is citing Limbaugh - and in a completely offtopic way, too!
It's good that you keep supporting my arguments against your posts instead of attempting to refute them, Brainless. Makes my job so much easier!:)
At least we know for sure where he gets his science. LOL

#8210 Jul 11, 2013
Meanwhile, "we" aren't sure where Bozo gets his science.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#8211 Jul 11, 2013
My first visit here.

I looked at the first page and found a lot of unrefined dumasses there.

But this last page is graced by those who have really refined dumassism to it's purest state.

Hello, Brain_Dead. Hello, dirtling.

I'm stalking you.

#8212 Jul 11, 2013
This thread will be 5 years old in December and cavemonkey says it's his first visits here.

Poor chap can't even spell dumbasses.ֿ

Wichita, KS

#8213 Jul 11, 2013
Earthling-1 wrote:
Meanwhile, "we" aren't sure where Bozo gets his science.
This from an old dropout who does not understand how science works.

#8214 Jul 12, 2013
Dropout
Noun
1. A person who has abandoned a course of study or who has rejected conventional society to pursue an alternative lifestyle.
<<<<<<< <<<<<<
Earthling had completed the amount of schooling required at the time when he left at the age of 15 in 1956.
The school leaving age was raised to 16 years in 1972. The preparation for this raise began in 1964 and it was previously set at 15 years.
He is well acquainted with and understands the scientific method, something that's apparently been abandoned by climate catastrophists.

#8215 Jul 12, 2013
cavemonkey wrote:
My first visit here.
Is that a confession, or an admission of guilt?

Wichita, KS

#8216 Jul 12, 2013
Earthling-1 wrote:
Dropout
Noun
1. A person who has abandoned a course of study or who has rejected conventional society to pursue an alternative lifestyle.
<<<<<<< <<<<<<
Earthling had completed the amount of schooling required at the time when he left at the age of 15 in 1956.<quoted text>He is well acquainted with and understands the scientific method, something that's apparently been abandoned by climate catastrophists.
Poor old fellow has delusions also.
Government Scientist

Deerfield Beach, FL

#8217 Jul 12, 2013
I guess a small town paper coming from Hartford can't afford to have anyone on staff that knows the difference between climate change and variability vs. global warming. It's a shame articles such as this are published.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#8218 Jul 12, 2013
Earthling-1 wrote:
This thread will be 5 years old in December and [namecalling] says it's his first visits here.
Poor chap can't even spell dumbasses.ֿ
Your English still sucks: "it's his first visits here."
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#8219 Jul 12, 2013
Government Scientist wrote:
I guess a small town paper coming from Hartford can't afford to have anyone on staff that knows the difference between climate change and variability vs. global warming. It's a shame articles such as this are published.
Blah blah you are wrong.

It's a shame that you call yourself something that you are NOT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min wojar is a homo 182,315
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RealDave 1,156,642
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min Frijoles 71,305
Christmas a time for reflection on 47 years in ... 51 min reality is a crutch 1
Chicagoa s 2014 murder total on track for anoth... 1 hr reality is a crutch 7
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 4 hr L Morales 11
Southern Illinois Supports Police 4 hr Does not matter 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance