Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.

Comments (Page 389)

Showing posts 7,761 - 7,780 of7,946
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Oh look a denierfest above. They don't like the military priority for AGW but enjoy the Daily Mail rubbish.

As Gair Game puts it today .. If people with science degrees and PhDs tell you you're making naive and foolish mistakes, misrepresenting what the science says or deliberately distorting it, it must be because they have no rational arguments.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Correction: Fair Game.
Julio

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

I do recalect in wv every coal miner had a snow mobile.Till 1980.Every one had one, there were no 4 wheelers.They road em to work or got tuned in and raised hell.lIKE NOW.lAST TIME I saw a snow mobile it was in a garage and hasn't ben started in yrs.The caps r melting.The planet is drying up.If you look @ the great lakes you can see that used to one big pool untill they receeded into their deapest parts. a nd that is not done.Lv ya
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
Oh look a denierfest above. They don't like the military priority for AGW but enjoy the Daily Mail rubbish.
As Gair Game puts it today .. If people with science degrees and PhDs tell you you're making naive and foolish mistakes, misrepresenting what the science says or deliberately distorting it, it must be because they have no rational arguments.
Yes it is getting warmer the scientific science fiction told us so. Stay tuned the spacedoutblues will be going to Hollywood to cast another scientific science fiction movie. The "pinheadlitesout will be its leading actor.

“Drink up! Summer's comin'”

Since: Jul 10

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Julio wrote:
I do recalect in wv every coal miner had a snow mobile.Till 1980.Every one had one, there were no 4 wheelers.They road em to work or got tuned in and raised hell.lIKE NOW.lAST TIME I saw a snow mobile it was in a garage and hasn't ben started in yrs.The caps r melting.The planet is drying up.If you look @ the great lakes you can see that used to one big pool untill they receeded into their deapest parts. a nd that is not done.Lv ya
So...where has ALL the water gone? Is the earth only 2/5 covered with water now instead of the scientific 2/3?
Just wondering...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Check this one out... The rate at which the temperature is rising took a huge leap starting a century ago, and its due to human activity. Were seeing the effects now, from the ice caps melting to changes in vegetation growth rates. There is no scientific controversy here, just a manufactured political and ideological one.[Phil Plait]

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Yet, no experimental evidence shows our greenhouse gas emissions are able to change climate temperature. As each greenhouse gas molecule is added to the atmosphere, it has less warming effect than the previous molecule.

>>False on both counts, the second claim is absurd, in fact.

<quoted text>Again, no experimental test proves tha Professor's claim above.

>>Yawwwwnnn....repetitiv e

<quoted text>None of the studies cited shows the effect of man made greenhouse gas on atmospheric temperature. That's how you can know climate change mitigation is a hoax.

>>Absurd conclusion based on a falsehood, no surprise.

<quoted text>You asked me to cite my claim: "There are several experiments demonstrating the greenhouse effect, they tend to show a far lower CO2 forcing than the IPCC's most conservative estimates." The experiments I cited in my previous post prove the greenhouse effect is weak and our greenhouse gas contributions are insignificant.

>>No, they don't, but you're too dishonest to admit it.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
Check this one out... The rate at which the temperature is rising took a huge leap starting a century ago, and its due to human activity. Were seeing the effects now, from the ice caps melting to changes in vegetation growth rates. There is no scientific controversy here, just a manufactured political and ideological one.[Phil Plait]
Bu, buh, buh, Brainless_G said "each greenhouse gas molecule added to the atmosphere has less warming effect than the previous molecule," so how could that BE???

LOL
Wake up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

GOD Says It's
Global Freezing And Global Scorching
Not Global Warming!
http://www.alamoministries.com/content/englis...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Wake up wrote:
GOD Says It's
Global Freezing And Global Scorching
Not Global Warming!
This is what I read today.

The rate at which the temperature is rising took a huge leap starting a century ago, and its due to human activity. Were seeing the effects now, from the ice caps melting to changes in vegetation growth rates. There is no scientific controversy here, just a manufactured political and ideological one.[by Phil Plait]
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>This is what I read today.
The rate at which the temperature is rising took a huge leap starting a century ago, and its due to human activity. Were seeing the effects now, from the ice caps melting to changes in vegetation growth rates. There is no scientific controversy here, just a manufactured political and ideological one.[by Phil Plait]
So submit your scientific science fiction nonsense to Hollywood and make another scientific science fiction movie. You have spammed to world more than 900,000times with your nonsense. Go compete with the proper scientific science fiction movie arena.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Bu, buh, buh, Brainless_G said "each greenhouse gas molecule added to the atmosphere has less warming effect than the previous molecule," so how could that BE???
LOL
LOL.

Deniers should be shocked with the truth as explained here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>LOL.
Deniers should be shocked with the truth as explained here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
So submit your scientific science fiction nonsense to Hollywood and make another scientific science fiction movie. You have spammed to world more than 900,000times with your nonsense. Go compete with the proper scientific science fiction movie arena.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>So submit your scientific science fiction nonsense to Hollywood and make another scientific science fiction movie. You have spammed to world more than 900,000times with your nonsense. Go compete with the proper scientific science fiction movie arena.
I did not ask your opinion about a thing. Nothing.

You are dismissed again.

P.S. Get help.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
Bu, buh, buh, Brainless_G said "each greenhouse gas molecule added to the atmosphere has less warming effect than the previous molecule," so how could that BE??? LOL
It's because as CO2 is increased geometrically, warming increases arithmetically. The temperature increases one unit for each doubling of CO2 in the air.

So, the CO2 molecules you exhale when you finish reading this post has less effect than the CO2 molecules you exhaled before you started reading.

Doesn't that make you feel better? Isn't climate beautiful?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
Yet, no experimental evidence shows our greenhouse gas emissions are able to change climate temperature. As each greenhouse gas molecule is added to the atmosphere, it has less warming effect than the previous molecule.
>>False on both counts, the second claim is absurd, in fact.
The second claim is Svante Arrhenius's greenhouse gas law, science says as CO2 increases geometrically warming increases arithmetically. That's been experimentally demonstrated in lab experiments. What makes you think there's a difference in nature?

If you believe there are compelling experimental tests of climate change mitigation, cite one. I'm waiting.

tha Professor wrote:
Again, no experimental test proves tha Professor's claim above. >>Yawwwwnnn....repetitiv e
tha Professor wrote:
None of the studies cited shows the effect of man made greenhouse gas on atmospheric temperature. That's how you can know climate change mitigation is a hoax.
>>Absurd conclusion based on a falsehood, no surprise.
Cite an experiment, I've cited three that prove my case. Tha Professor hasn't discussed one.

tha Professor wrote:
You asked me to cite my claim: "There are several experiments demonstrating the greenhouse effect, they tend to show a far lower CO2 forcing than the IPCC's most conservative estimates." The experiments I cited in my previous post prove the greenhouse effect is weak and our greenhouse gas contributions are insignificant.
>>No, they don't, but you're too dishonest to admit it.
Still waiting.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>It's because as CO2 is increased geometrically, warming increases arithmetically.
There's no such science. If you were educated in science, you would never see such a statement.

As I said before, where's your science? You only repeat another question to that or post another nonscience opinion. You've done this for about 40,000 times for many years.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The temperature increases one unit for each doubling of CO2 in the air.
This is not true either.

Science does not operate without a context.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>So, the CO2 molecules you exhale when you finish reading this post has less effect than the CO2 molecules you exhaled before you started reading.
That's not true.

Furthermore, I have objected your equating baby breaths with coal stack pollution.

Go live next to a coal mine or coal power plant.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't that make you feel better? Isn't climate beautiful?
LOL.

40,000 times!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>To another poster:

The second claim is Svante Arrhenius's greenhouse gas law, science says as CO2 increases geometrically warming increases arithmetically. That's been experimentally demonstrated in lab experiments. What makes you think there's a difference in nature?
If you believe there are compelling experimental tests of climate change mitigation, cite one. I'm waiting.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>Cite an experiment, I've cited three that prove my case. Tha Professor hasn't discussed one.
<quoted text>Still waiting.
LOL. You actually accuse scientists of not knowing science.

How dare you!
The Iron Dictator

Podgorica, Montenegro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

It is all lie and mith by Jews from JEW owned UN.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
LOL. You actually accuse scientists of not knowing science. How dare you!
I accused tha Professor of not knowing science. Do you think he's a scientist because his avatar is wearing a white lab coat?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,761 - 7,780 of7,946
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Amy 4-23 5 min cheluzal 40
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min shinningelectr0n 1,036,630
Abby 4-23 10 min cheluzal 27
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 min Sublime1 96,265
8 shot across Chicago in less than seven hours 20 min hands on AR 4
Homeowner shooting dead two teens who broke int... 24 min hands on AR 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min DDDD-25 43,159
ask amy 4-22 6 hr Sublime1 69
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance