Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.
Comments
7,721 - 7,740 of 7,946 Comments Last updated Aug 14, 2013

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Fair Game wrote:
So is a drugs trial, but it's still classed as an experiment.
A drug trial is an experiment, its not merely measuring metabolic activity.

Fair Game wrote:
I suppose if we released a trillion tons of CO2 into the atmosphere just out of idle curiosity it would be an experiment? Halfwit.
Idle curiosity might be sufficient to create an experiment. We don't release CO2 into the air for idle curiosity, we emit carbon dioxide in order to live.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
What was "The Great Experiment?" Imbibing alcohol proved to be part of peoples lives, eh?
Are you writing about Prohibition? The term experiment was used by Herbert Hoover, a politician, not a scientist:

"Our country has deliberately undertaken a great social and economic experiment, noble in motive and far-reaching in purpose."
~ Herbert Hoover
http://www.albany.edu/~wm731882/index.html

ChromiuMan wrote:
If your logic regarding "drill baby drill" were implemented as a fix for the eighteenth amendment, baby formula would be 6 proof.
And if ChromiuMan had his way, there'd be more alcohol in my gasoline than in my beer...

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
...we emit carbon dioxide in order to live.
And for our grandchildren to deal with the consequences.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

tha Professor wrote:
Experiments are not a "standard" of anything. They are simply tests done to determine the accuracy of something.
Like the accuracy of a theory; experiments are the sine qua non of good science.

tha Professor wrote:
Climate change MITIGATION is not at issue, but climate change itself and its causes. Mitigation is obviously a straw man here.
If you weren't voting for politicians who promised to mitigage climate change, this thread would be irrelevant. Climate change mitigation is the central issue.

tha Professor wrote:
Claiming that because you can't peform a hugely difficult feat makes something a "hoax" is an absurdity.
Theories are not physical "stuff that works" like toasters, but explanations tested over time by many methods, INCLUDING but not LIMITED TO experimentation.
^^^tha Professor seems to be as skeptical of climate change mitigation as I am, see how he call it 'hugely difficult'? Toasters use physics to toast bread, they have been experimentally improved over time. There's no such technology for mitigating cliamte change.

tha Professor wrote:
Of course there are many experiments demonstrating the greenhouse effect and global warming. Please take your own advice, troll.
There are several experiments demonstrating the greenhouse effect, they tend to show a far lower CO2 forcing than the IPCC's most conservative estimates. If you've found a compelling experiment for the greenhouse gas effect, that makes you believe in mitigating climate change, please cite.

tha Professor wrote:
Experiments are not always things done in laboratories with test tubes by men wearing white coats, glasses, and pocket-protectors. Your teachers should have told you this at some level, Brian. Did you ever graduate high school?
Experiments are also done outdoors, but there are no experimental tests for climate change mitigation.

Since: Mar 09

Port Isabel, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Experiments are not always things done in laboratories with test tubes by men wearing white coats, glasses, and pocket-protectors.
Your teachers should have told you this at some level, Brian. Did you ever graduate high school?
We have been over this many times but Big Goof percepts in repeating his fallacies over and over hoping that somehow they will become valid. Total waste of time to try to discuss anything with him. Either someone pays him to repeat his drivel or he is simply a troll. Either way there is nothing to gain by trying to correct his errors.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Why is it then the deniers like him? Because he's their boss.

Remember how tina adores him.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
Halfwit.
Too much credit...... by Half. Plus, you misspelled. Its supposed to be,'w-i-t-l-e-s-s'.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
....... Brian. Did you ever graduate high school?
'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' never had upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc for its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa...... & no science or mathematics beyond that.'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' has had errors of 3000 TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 1 million TIMES, & 72 million TIMES.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
Like the accuracy of a theory; experiments are the sine qua non of good science.

>>Just saying the same thing again doesn't make it true.

<quoted text>If you weren't voting for politicians who promised to mitigage climate change, this thread would be irrelevant. Climate change mitigation is the central issue.

>>No, climate change is the central issue. As I've said repeatedly, you deliberately confuse the issue in order to further your Denier agenda.

<quoted text>^^^tha Professor seems to be as skeptical of climate change mitigation as I am, see how he call it 'hugely difficult'? Toasters use physics to toast bread, they have been experimentally improved over time. There's no such technology for mitigating cliamte change.

>>Performing an experiment taking in the entire world is "hugely difficult," as I'm sure even you would admit. Which is why you choose such an 'experiment," so that you can mock climate change, climate science, and efforts to mitigate global warming. Very dishonest of you.

<quoted text>There are several experiments demonstrating the greenhouse effect, they tend to show a far lower CO2 forcing than the IPCC's most conservative estimates. If you've found a compelling experiment for the greenhouse gas effect, that makes you believe in mitigating climate change, please cite.

>>Link to support your claim?

<quoted text>Experiments are also done outdoors, but there are no experimental tests for climate change mitigation.

>>Again, more repetion doesn't make for factual claims.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' never had upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc for its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa...... & no science or mathematics beyond that.'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' has had errors of 3000 TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 1 million TIMES, & 72 million TIMES.
He IS good at repetition, as was pointed out above...:)
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
Yo, spacedoutblues would that be the same NASA that made the USA space hitchhikers??

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
...>>No, climate change is the central issue. As I've said repeatedly, you deliberately confuse the issue in order to further your Denier agenda.
If you weren't advocating climate change mitigation, we wouldn't have any disagreement. Climate always changes, climate change mitigation hasn't even been tested.

tha Professor wrote:
>>Performing an experiment taking in the entire world is "hugely difficult," as I'm sure even you would admit. Which is why you choose such an 'experiment," so that you can mock climate change, climate science, and efforts to mitigate global warming. Very dishonest of you.
No, I don't believe climate change mitigation by restricting CO2 emissions or sequestering greenhouse gas isn't "hugely difficult"; I believe its impossible. There are no published experimental tests that show its even remotely possible.

I'm not mocking purely observational climate science; I'm mocking climate change mitigation and man made climate catastrophe alarmism.

tha Professor wrote:
>>Link to support your claim?...
The first link is from Fair Game:
http://www.picotech.com/experiments/global/gl...

GHere's two more:
http://www.espere.net/Unitedkingdom/water/uk_...

http://www.beloit.edu/sepm/Geology_and_the_en...

This page has been taken down:
http://dcdc.asu.edu/K-12Education/greenhousel...
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Either way there is nothing to gain by trying to correct his errors.
But I love to type that "brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" made math errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES, & 73 million TIMES.
dr spark

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

global warming ,.....
the latest soup of the day
--10 years from now ,....
it will be something else
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

dr spark wrote:
global warming ,.....
Because you will be in the soup!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

dr spark wrote:
global warming ,.....
Something else like:
Loss of farmland to aridity? Salt water intrusion? Altered or intensified weather patterns? Time will tell.
dr spark

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

it was all about " global cooling " 25 years ago ,

what will it be in 2024 ?

anybody's guess,...
a nuclear Iran will probably cause massive fallout and millions will be dead ,...
who will get hit first ? America or Israel
the global warming myth keeps the sheep-ple dumb and pre occupied -
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
Yo, spacedoutblues would that be the same NASA that made the USA space hitchhikers??
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
More diarrheas from the “pinheadlitesout”

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Yo, spacedoutblues would that be the same NASA that made the USA space hitchhikers??
Congress did that. Are you a Paul Broun supporter now, PHD? Brain_D is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE