Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.
Comments
7,641 - 7,660 of 7,942 Comments Last updated Aug 14, 2013

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7986
Mar 1, 2013
 
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You know there are thousands with equal or better degrees who seem to agree. If anything the consensus would be that it isn't true since now there is more who disagree than agree.
And when it comes to fluid displacement, the fact is still the same. The shoreline would remain the same. I may be lousy at drawing an ice cube but when it comes to things like this I have already drawn conclusions that are supported by what is happening in the real world. Which is the only ones that matter.
Of course your complaint is those are not supporting your desired conclusions.
Thousands with degrees who seem to agree on x and majority of those with relevant degrees who agree on x are not the same thing. You have railed against consensus thinking, and now presume there is none? By what data?
When it comes to fluid displacement - you are still as clueless as ever. It isn't my job to attempt to re-align your "already drawn conclusions" and repair your conceptual inabilities.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7987
Mar 1, 2013
 
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
When? All I said was I read his shows transcripts. Then again I also read Obama's speech transcripts. So does that make Obama my hero as well? As for the CRU, the investigation was anything but. It was a group of politicians, people who are less qualified than you are who cleared them and when you look at the makeup of the body it was clear that their conclusion was going to be no fault dispite whatever the evidence.
As for your description of Rush Limbaugh, it is funny that your description of him is also a perfect description of you. He even knows as much about climate change as you do.
Neither Obama nor Limbaugh have anything to do with the scientific FACT of global warming.

People who politicize it, as you are, are a big part of the problem with understanding of what warming is and how it wil affect us.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7988
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel wrote:
People, the polar bears!!!! We have to save the POLAR BEARS!!!!!
Feed yourself to one. That will help.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7989
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

PHD wrote:
The polar bears are doing well. The numbers are corrected. They made a slight error. The polar bear pop. Exceeds 35k and increasing.
You're a liar. While there are different populations of bears and some have increased, overall numbers are dropping.

http://www.nwf.org/Wildlife/Threats-to-Wildli...

Please stop presenting misinformation on this political thread.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7990
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Heh...sorry, "scientific" thread. Although you wouldn't know it sometimes...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7991
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

hmmm the curse of the polar bears!

“Drink up! Summer's comin'”

Since: Jul 10

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7992
Mar 1, 2013
 
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a liar. While there are different populations of bears and some have increased, overall numbers are dropping.
http://www.nwf.org/Wildlife/Threats-to-Wildli...
Please stop presenting misinformation on this political thread.
Flip-flopping or evolving?

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7993
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Socialism is for Sissies wrote:
<quoted text>Flip-flopping or evolving?
I don't know, which ARE you doing?
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7994
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a liar. While there are different populations of bears and some have increased, overall numbers are dropping.
http://www.nwf.org/Wildlife/Threats-to-Wildli...
Please stop presenting misinformation on this political thread.
Sorry that your again misinformed on the real facts. Again you’re wrong, wrong, wrong.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7995
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry that your again misinformed on the real facts. Again you’re wrong, wrong, wrong.
If I HAD, li'l boy, you'd be able to support that claim with cited facts - the way I did.

You couldn't, therefore you lose. Buh-bye...:)
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7996
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
If I HAD, li'l boy, you'd be able to support that claim with cited facts - the way I did.
You couldn't, therefore you lose. Buh-bye...:)
The support is out there tha professor. Look beyond your nose and find it. You will be able to (maybe) retain the info if you do the work. Here is a clue N.G. last week showed a documentary on that very subject indicating how wrong they were on the pop of the polar bears. Now if you could put on your thinking cap and do your home work.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7997
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>The support is out there tha professor. Look beyond your nose and find it. You will be able to (maybe) retain the info if you do the work. Here is a clue N.G. last week showed a documentary on that very subject indicating how wrong they were on the pop of the polar bears. Now if you could put on your thinking cap and do your home work.
Are you still HERE? I already dismissed you, loser! I've cited FACTS on the polar bears, you've cited NOTHING and presented NO EVIDENCE!

Debates are like a court of law, li'l boy...you have to put up, or SHUT up. I don't do your homework or prepare your brief FOR you.

Now present evidence that polar bear populations are INCREASING OVERALL, or sit down and STFU.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7998
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

2

toxic topix AGW deniers often use 'data' collected AFTER uncontrolled polar bear hunting was banned in the 60's & BEFORE 2006 to support their contention that polar bears are increasing in numbers with little effect for AGW. Since this is 2013, hopefully, polar bear studies with data through 2012 will soon be published, & hopefully with more accurate data.
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7999
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

5

1

1

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still HERE? I already dismissed you, loser! I've cited FACTS on the polar bears, you've cited NOTHING and presented NO EVIDENCE!
Debates are like a court of law, li'l boy...you have to put up, or SHUT up. I don't do your homework or prepare your brief FOR you.
Now present evidence that polar bear populations are INCREASING OVERALL, or sit down and STFU.
Get a life and put on your big boy pants on. I gave you a hint where you can find the truth but you insist on making an ASSumption of your----self. You would be in a better position when you follow your own advice. If debates were like a court of law you would have been in prison for the rest of your unnatural life. No go back in your corner you earned another time out.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8000
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>The support is out there tha professor. Look beyond your nose and find it. You will be able to (maybe) retain the info if you do the work. Here is a clue N.G. last week showed a documentary on that very subject indicating how wrong they were on the pop of the polar bears. Now if you could put on your thinking cap and do your home work.
N.G. was the clue, eh?

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2012/...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8001
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
N.G. was the clue, eh?
http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2012/...
Thanks for the link.

The caption for the last pic is:

A polar bear wanders along the ice-free shoreline of Wrangel Island in the Russian High Arctic in early August, subsisting on his fat reserves and waiting for sea ice to form again. Although in the past the ice remained near the island all year round, enabling bears to hunt for seals even in late summer, now the ice recedes far away toward the central polar basin for several months during the melt season. Wrangel was once called a “polar bear maternity ward” because several hundred mother bears denned and raised their cubs on the remote island annually. But Nikita Ovsyanikov, a Russian scientist who has been observing the bears for many years, notes that use of Wrangel for maternity denning is declining, apparently as the result of climate change. His data indicate that a maximum of only 60 to 70 females give birth to cubs on the island now, whereas in the early 1990s there were approximately 350 to 400 maternity dens in active use there each year.

As usual ph'd did not learn a morsel from N.G. but lurks to misinform. Polar bears are in a survival battle.
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8002
Mar 2, 2013
 
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
N.G. was the clue, eh?
http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2012/...
Ok
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8003
Mar 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

fetid feces face flip flopper fiend wrote:
...Ok
"fetid feces face flip flopper fiend" is KO-ed.
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8004
Mar 3, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

There you go again the above poster (no surprise how it picks #800-3 for its post) has diarrhea, incontinence issues and another diaper rash.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8005
Mar 3, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"fetid feces face flip flopper fiend" is KO-ed.
It's the curse of the polar bears.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 min voice of peace 68,335
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 32 min Grey Ghost 1,099,225
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0805... 50 min Mr Micheal 1
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0805... 1 hr Mr Peter 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr andet1987 1,448
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr The Rogue 49,393
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr litesong 46,275
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Poppo 177,265
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr j_m_w 97,897
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••