Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.
Comments
7,301 - 7,320 of 7,942 Comments Last updated Aug 14, 2013

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7615 Jan 12, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>It must be very frustrating to not understand the role of experiments in science. I feel for you; don't strain your brain.
Whatever. Your mindset is one that would have kept lightening rods off of church steeples and adamantly opposed crop rotation. It isn't about brain strain, it's about wasting time elaborating on fundamentals you've certainly already ignored from a hundred other posters. As YaA says, "Whatever you want to believe!"
PHD

Overton, TX

#7616 Jan 12, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever. Your mindset is one that would have kept lightening rods off of church steeples and adamantly opposed crop rotation. It isn't about brain strain, it's about wasting time elaborating on fundamentals you've certainly already ignored from a hundred other posters. As YaA says, "Whatever you want to believe!"
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
In many cases the "deaf eyes" belong to one ChromiumMan.
You assume that you must be right with little or no proof of that fact. Funny thing is historically, others have believed like you in the past and history has proved each one of them wrong. So why should anyone believe that you have it right when those in the past who espoused the exact same thing have been proven wrong.
Since you have no idea what points of Brian_G's post I might take exception to or why, would you please take your prissy little presumptions and bugger off? Thank you, very much. Have a nice day, now! ;-)

Would this be a double standard?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7617 Jan 12, 2013
LOL, it can't do cut/paste!

A very jealous troll it is. Just look at #7,308.

Also, irrational it is. Look at just #7,308.

LOL.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#7618 Jan 12, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>AHH you mean to say foursome. You forgot your----self. Welcome to the incomprehensible juvenile posters. Now there a fearsome foursome.
Whack...whack...whack...Hold still...darned mole...

http://www.addictinggames.com/action-games/wh...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7619 Jan 12, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
You already did a great job. Look at #7,308.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7620 Jan 12, 2013
Actually,#7,616 as the original numbering goes:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7621 Jan 12, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
LOL, it can't do cut/paste!
A very jealous troll it is. Just look at #7,308.
Also, irrational it is. Look at just #7,308.
LOL.
True but the old numbering is #7,616.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7622 Jan 12, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
One more time, you did an excellent job. Look at #7,616.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#7623 Jan 12, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume that you must be right with little or no proof of that fact. Funny thing is historically, others have believed like you in the past and history has proved each one of them wrong. So why should anyone believe that you have it right when those in the past who espoused the exact same thing have been proven wrong.
Since you have no idea what points of Brian_G's post I might take exception to or why, would you please take your prissy little presumptions and bugger off? Thank you, very much. Have a nice day, now! ;-)
...and the winner of the Pompous Award goes to...PHD!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#7624 Jan 12, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
A double standard's second cousin once removed.
PHD

Overton, TX

#7625 Jan 12, 2013
SpacedoutBlues
Patriot AKA I'm a Bozo
ChromiuselessMan

Now there are the commanders of cut and paste useless babble. They go whack whack whack all day everyday because the really really don't know. Now thatís precious. Hay you three could be called the three whackers gee thatís precious.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#7626 Jan 12, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
Whatever. Your mindset is one that would have kept lightening rods off of church steeples
In 1750, Benjamin Franklin proposed an experimental test of lightning strike mitigation using a kite. Thomas-FranÁois Dalibard tested that theory sucessfully. This is how experiments work in science and technology.

ChromiuMan wrote:
and adamantly opposed crop rotation.
Crop rotation to mitigate soil nitrogen exhaustion has been taught and practiced since Roman times. There have been ample experimental tests on the utility of crop rotation.

ChromiuMan wrote:
It isn't about brain strain, it's about wasting time elaborating on fundamentals you've certainly already ignored from a hundred other posters. As YaA says, "Whatever you want to believe!"
Svante August Arrhenius proposed a theory of climate change from the greenhouse gas effect in 1896. To this day, that theory hasn't been experimentally tested in the atmosphere.

See the difference between the mature technologies of architecture, agriculture and the hoax of mitigating climate change?
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#7627 Jan 12, 2013
Oh shyte. I ruined the planet with my toyota tercel. Better take all my wealth and enslave me.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#7628 Jan 12, 2013
titonton divaunte pants wrote:
with my toyota tercel.
I had a Tercel. I got 40mpg on the highway with good featherfooting. More than that, my Tercel was tough. Had a full head-on collision(were still touching after the accident) with a car 40% heavier than the Tercel. The Toyota saved our lives, even without airbags. The engine compartment was collapsed on the drivers side & the passenger compartment instrument panel was severely widely cracked & starting to intrude into the passenger compartment. But it held up, doing its job.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#7629 Jan 12, 2013
phud fetid feces face wrote:
commanders of cut and paste useless babble.......whack whack whack.... really really..... Hay.....the three whackers .......gee
"phud fetid feces face" fails at everything, except repeated,'cut and paste useless babble.......whack whack whack.... really really..... Hay.....the three whackers .......gee'.

Wichita, KS

#7630 Jan 12, 2013
titonton divaunte pants wrote:
Oh shyte. I ruined the planet with my toyota tercel. Better take all my wealth and enslave me.
Is this Toyota Tercel reunion day? I had a 1980 and ran it for about 24 years. Efficient, basic and tough.
PHD

Overton, TX

#7631 Jan 13, 2013
pinheadlitesout wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a Tercel. I got 40mpg on the highway with good featherfooting. More than that, my Tercel was tough. Had a full head-on collision(were still touching after the accident) with a car 40% heavier than the Tercel. The Toyota saved our lives, even without airbags. The engine compartment was collapsed on the drivers side & the passenger compartment instrument panel was severely widely cracked & starting to intrude into the passenger compartment. But it held up, doing its job.
Now if we can get you to do your own work that would be another miracle. We also understand now why you have mental issues. You may have thought you escaped without injury but go get another check up from the neck up. These injuries sometimes show up years later.

Wichita, KS

#7632 Jan 13, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Now if we can get you to do your own work that would be another miracle. We also understand now why you have mental issues. You may have thought you escaped without injury but go get another check up from the neck up. These injuries sometimes show up years later.
This comes from the mentality of a mole. Whaqxc.
BTW, A new subspecies has been identified; Scalopus aquaticus Phd. Or for short, SAP

“See how you are?”

Earth

#7633 Jan 13, 2013
PHD wrote:
SpacedoutBlues
Patriot AKA I'm a Bozo
ChromiuselessMan
Now there are the commanders of cut and paste useless babble. They go whack whack whack all day everyday because the really really don't know. Now thatís precious. Hay you three could be called the three whackers gee thatís precious.
Whack, whack, whacking yourself on the back for not contributing anything of value, PHD? Looking over the past several months, you don't actually seem to have anything to contribute except one-liner, "...useless babble tainted with hate covered with spam hot air..."

By the way, the key just to the left of the period is called a comma.
http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/commas...
PHD

Overton, TX

#7635 Jan 14, 2013
ChrominusMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Whack, whack, whacking yourself on the back for not contributing anything of value, PHD? Looking over the past several months, you don't actually seem to have anything to contribute except one-liner, "...useless babble tainted with hate covered with spam hot air..."
By the way, the key just to the left of the period is called a comma.
http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/commas...
If you had anything to offer besides useless babble maybe there would be something of use you add to answer. One liner is a simple thing for you to comprehend and we see that is a difficult task for you also. So show all your own work instead of that cut and paste thing you offer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min ptbw forever 1,100,087
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min JOEL 68,967
check out this chicago video 38 min KingThad 1
Amy 8-29 1 hr Kuuipo 13
VIDEO: Nuclear Putin Says Donít Mess With Russia 1 hr Infowars 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,929
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 46,307
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 177,366
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info