Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.
Comments
7,241 - 7,260 of 7,942 Comments Last updated Aug 14, 2013
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#7554 Jan 6, 2013
Correction:
'Al Kahall Ich' wrote, should be:
'I catch hell' wrote.
PHD

Overton, TX

#7555 Jan 7, 2013
pinheadlitesout wrote:
Correction:
'Al Kahall Ich' wrote, should be:
'I catch hell'because I "pinheadlitesout" don't really really know so I "pinheadltesout" have to make several corrections.
Maybe you need a help. Actually there is no maybe you should seek help.You make several corrections to your corrections that aren't correct anyway.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#7556 Jan 7, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
Because it's a design for psychology experiments?
Not exclusivly; single subject experiments are designed where only one subject is available for experimentation.

Fair Game wrote:
But go on, please tell us how you would apply that design to climatology.
Let's assume variable A affects climate. A single subject climate experiment would exert variable A, exert variable not A and where possible exert variable anti-A in a random pattern while measuring climate. If a series of climate changes were found that corresponds the exerting variable A; we would have evidence variable A changes climate.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#7557 Jan 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not exclusivly; single subject experiments are designed where only one subject is available for experimentation.
<quoted text>Let's assume variable A affects climate. A single subject climate experiment would exert variable A, exert variable not A and where possible exert variable anti-A in a random pattern while measuring climate. If a series of climate changes were found that corresponds the exerting variable A; we would have evidence variable A changes climate.
In other words, continue pumping CO2 into the atmosphere and see what happens, which just happens to be your agenda anyway.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#7558 Jan 7, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
In other words, continue pumping CO2 into the atmosphere and see what happens, which just happens to be your agenda anyway.
Not at all, pumping CO2 into the atmosphere isn't an experiment; it's metabolism. An experiment is a test under controlled conditions. In the case of single subject experiments the conditions are controlled through time and where possible an anti-variable (such as removing a greenhouse gas from the atmosphere) is randomly exerted while attempting to find a signal in climate measurement.

Most climate mitigation supporters don't understand science and base their conclusions on emotion; fear of catastrophe or the warm feeling of saving the planet.
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#7559 Jan 7, 2013
So the answer to all our environmental crisis would be to kill millions of people and give all property over to the richest bankers in the world. Yeah, experiment/ esparishment. Count me out of that one.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#7560 Jan 7, 2013
phud feces face wrote:
You make several corrections to your corrections that aren't correct anyway.
"phud feces face" changes my correct statements to statements that aren't correct.... anyway.
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#7561 Jan 7, 2013
The thing is, what should we do? We are already doing all kinds of things to help. Even if we don't believe the "science" of global warming most of us are green anyway. So what's the next step then? Enslavment or mass depopulation? That's scary.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#7562 Jan 7, 2013
brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
Most climate mitigation supporters don't understand science ......
On average, toxic topix AGW deniers have less science & mathematics education than AGW advocates. At least four toxic topix AGW deniers have no hi skule deegreee. "brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" himself, has a poorly earned hi skule deegreee, with no elective upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc courses. He has no further science or mathematics training. He does have errors of 73 million TIMES, 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, & 3000 TIMES. Also, "brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND an alleged & proud threatener.
crzzzd

Rochester, PA

#7563 Jan 7, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
Win Some,Lose Some,,maybe?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7564 Jan 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all, pumping CO2 into the atmosphere isn't an experiment; it's metabolism. An experiment is a test under controlled conditions. In the case of single subject experiments the conditions are controlled through time and where possible an anti-variable (such as removing a greenhouse gas from the atmosphere) is randomly exerted while attempting to find a signal in climate measurement.
Most climate mitigation supporters don't understand science and base their conclusions on emotion; fear of catastrophe or the warm feeling of saving the planet.
By that reasoning, the BP oil spill was just a metabolic adjustment between the higher pressure of subterranean oil and the lower pressure of gulf surface water. Extrapolating your statements to their obvious conclusion, oil cleanup was not only economically wasteful, it was morally wrong because it caved in to the "Chicken Little" contingent of society.
PHD

Overton, TX

#7565 Jan 8, 2013
pinheadlitesout wrote:
<quoted text>
On average,I"pinheadlitesout " toxic topix AGW denier have less science & mathematics education than AGW advocates. At least four toxic topix AGW deniers I" pinheadlitesout"have no hi skule deegreee. "brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" himself, has a better earned hi skule deegreee, with many elective upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc courses than I "pinheadlitesout" could achive in a lifetime. He has further science or mathematics training than I"pinheadlitesout could achive in a lifetime. I "pinheadlitesout on the other hand do have errors of 73 million TIMES, 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, & 3000 TIMES. Also, "brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" is not a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND an alleged & proud threatener like myself the "pinheadlitesout".
Now than your corrected above statement has truth to it.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#7566 Jan 8, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You are totally out of any science realm. You are a disgrace in your dealing with other posters.
Nail in my coffin, huh? Nasty tina.
Funny, but I was quoting a scientist from Cornell and you are quoting who? Looks like the only disgrace is yourself sir.

By the way, how is life in a pine box?

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#7567 Jan 8, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
tina is still arguing the fact that she posted yesterday, "the sun is a nuclear reaction." It is not.
She could not even read her own link correctly. Oh well, that's not new.
You mean I could not misread my link and actually quoted it directly. Funny how you claim I am wrong and yet are unable to tell us what makes the sun work. Then again admitting the sun is the source of the earth's heat would mean that you might have to face the fact that man has little effect.
PHD

Overton, TX

#7568 Jan 8, 2013
Again the nuclear reaction calling each other little effect.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#7569 Jan 8, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
By that reasoning, the BP oil spill was just a metabolic adjustment between the higher pressure of subterranean oil and the lower pressure of gulf surface water. Extrapolating your statements to their obvious conclusion, oil cleanup was not only economically wasteful, it was morally wrong because it caved in to the "Chicken Little" contingent of society.
You mean like this:

Current situation: Staffers talk about first meeting with Al Jazeera
By LINDA STASI
Last Updated: 10:45 AM, January 8, 2013
Posted: 11:09 PM, January 7, 2013

ust call him Al Gorezeera.

Yesterday morning, the still shell shocked staff at Current TV was called to an all hands staff meeting at its San Francisco headquarters, which was teleconferenced to their offices in LA and NYC, to meet their new bosses.

That would be two of Al Jazeera’s top guys: Ehab Al Shihabi, executive director of international operations, and Muftah AlSuwaidan, general manager of the London bureau.

Ominously missing was the creator of Current, the self proclaimed inventor of the Internet and savior of clean energy, Al Gore, although his partner, Joel Hyatt, stood proudly with the Al Jazeera honchos.

“Of course Al didn’t show up,” said one high placed Current staffer.“He has no credibility.

“He’s supposed to be the face of clean energy and just sold [the channel] to very big oil, the emir of Qatar! Current never even took big oil advertising—and Al Gore, that bulls***ter sells to the emir?”

The meeting, while not contentious, was, according to staffers who spoke on the condition of anonymity, miserable....

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/curr...
PHD

Overton, TX

#7570 Jan 8, 2013
More cut and paste scientific climate change.
SpaceBlues

Magnolia, TX

#7571 Jan 8, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, continue pumping CO2 into the atmosphere and see what happens, which just happens to be [brian guy's] agenda anyway.
Correct.

He has been cornered.
PHD

Overton, TX

#7572 Jan 9, 2013
Looks like you not only been cornered but spanked.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7573 Jan 9, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like this:
Current situation: Staffers talk about first meeting with Al Jazeera
By LINDA STASI
Last Updated: 10:45 AM, January 8, 2013
Posted: 11:09 PM, January 7, 2013
ust call him Al Gorezeera.
Yesterday morning, the still shell shocked staff at Current TV was called to an all hands staff meeting at its San Francisco headquarters, which was teleconferenced to their offices in LA and NYC, to meet their new bosses.
That would be two of Al Jazeera’s top guys: Ehab Al Shihabi, executive director of international operations, and Muftah AlSuwaidan, general manager of the London bureau.
Ominously missing was the creator of Current, the self proclaimed inventor of the Internet and savior of clean energy, Al Gore, although his partner, Joel Hyatt, stood proudly with the Al Jazeera honchos.
“Of course Al didn’t show up,” said one high placed Current staffer.“He has no credibility.
“He’s supposed to be the face of clean energy and just sold [the channel] to very big oil, the emir of Qatar! Current never even took big oil advertising—and Al Gore, that bulls***ter sells to the emir?”
The meeting, while not contentious, was, according to staffers who spoke on the condition of anonymity, miserable....
http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/curr...
Yeah, I heard about that. Al Jazeera has been trying to get onto American cable for a long time, and now their strategy is to buy Current and use it's existing contracts. I wonder how many Current watchers will even notice? Time Warner is saying they'll just break the contract and pay whatever penalty that come up.
Regardless, you couldn't have gotten much further off topic without a rocket and a match.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min Incognito4Ever 1,100,524
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 33 min Insect Trust 68,995
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min LRS 177,409
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 38 min Candy4Me 7,751
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,379
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr newpoly 1,910
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,656
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr edogxxx 97,938
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search