Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real. Full Story
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#7534 Jan 6, 2013
I really don't argue the science of global warming. I don't like u.n. agenda 21.
I really don't want to become a slave in the name of saving the planet. Though I might agree to some more reasonable measures. Maybe give hybrid owners a tax break, or an awesome interest rate. Then again after the gm bailout, they should just give every tax payer a hybrid.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7535 Jan 6, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Your 38,108 posts said probably the same things.[I'm glad I did not read them all.]
It's about time that you design the experiment that you've been posting about.
What is it?
We don't want your song and dance about science or its methods.
All is required from you:
What is the experiment you want?
We made a terrarium in elementary school while learning about photosynthesis. CO2 in, O2 out. Too complicated?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7536 Jan 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
We made a terrarium in elementary school while learning about photosynthesis. CO2 in, O2 out. Too complicated?
For brian guy? Ya!

Did you see his reply to me?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#7537 Jan 6, 2013
steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
It's not up to me to provide an experiment; I'm not a scientist.
We all know that.

You have a poorly earned hi skule deegreee, in which you chose NOT to school yourself in upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, or pre-calc. Also, your errors of 73 million TIMES, 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, & 3000 TIMES emphasize that you would have failed those classes. You have no upper class science or mathematics background, but keep repeating the first page of an eighth grade science book........ & adding nothing else.

Your statement is right,'It's not up to me to provide an experiment'.

You can't do an experiment about AGW & have no ability to properly critique science.

BBBBBUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.. ..... you are a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7538 Jan 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>It's not up to me to provide an experiment; I'm not a scientist. Besides; I'm not claiming we should restrict greenhouse gas emissions to mitigate climate change, you hold that theory. I'm just asking what experimental evidence do you have that we can mitigate climate change.
What have you got? Show me the most compelling experimental test you've found for climate change mitigation.
I had not expected more from you. Voila, I give you the brian guy of five years in Topix.

You could have got a science degree in those five years. Of course, that assumes you could be admitted to a university.

During those years you yelled about science and its methods, you could have learned how to design an experiment.

You can't design an experiment but you lament we are lacking experimental evidence. Furthermore, you demand "the most compelling test."

You are exposed, brian guy. You are something like a robot. But even those can learn.

Even in a shorter time.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#7539 Jan 6, 2013
steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
I've floated ideas.......
"steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" does the 'floaty floaty thing'.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#7540 Jan 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've floated ideas for randomly emitting and sequestering large amounts of greenhouse gas at random intervals to see if a global climate temperature signal can be found caused by those independent variables.
All of them completely laughable.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#7541 Jan 6, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
All of them completely laughable.
Do you know of any serious compelling experimental test for climate change mitigation?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#7542 Jan 6, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
I had not expected more from you. Voila, I give you the brian guy of five years in Topix. You could have got a science degree in those five years. Of course, that assumes you could be admitted to a university. During those years you yelled about science and its methods, you could have learned how to design an experiment. You can't design an experiment but you lament we are lacking experimental evidence. Furthermore, you demand "the most compelling test." You are exposed, brian guy. You are something like a robot. But even those can learn. Even in a shorter time.
Again, I'm not a scientist; it's not my job to design experiments.

The real question is, why haven't you asked the climatologists advocating mitigation; why don't they design an experimental test to show us how it would work and how much it would cost?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#7543 Jan 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
Did you know small scale greenhouse gas experiments show the greenhouse gas effect is far smaller than the IPCC's lowest estimates? The IPCC relies on flawed computer models (they haven't been reconciled by real world tests) and pseudoscience feedback effects that are also untested in the real world.

"the green troll"

#7544 Jan 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know of any serious compelling experimental test for climate change mitigation?
Simple. Use your planet duplicator ray and time machine.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7545 Jan 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Again, I'm not a scientist; it's not my job to design experiments.
The real question is, why haven't you asked the climatologists advocating mitigation; why don't they design an experimental test to show us how it would work and how much it would cost?
You've been posting since '08 and I would guess that you have been asking the same question for 4 years. When was the last time YOU did a search for "climate change mitigation experiments"? Google gets 4.6 million hits - get back to me on it when you've sifted them out.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#7546 Jan 6, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
Is that how you think science works? Why not use a single subject experimental design?

http://scholar.google.com/scholar...

...that use single-case designs demonstrating the pertinence of this methodology in various disciplines, from psychology and medicine to business and industry.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#7547 Jan 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
You've been posting since '08 and I would guess that you have been asking the same question for 4 years. When was the last time YOU did a search for "climate change mitigation experiments"? Google gets 4.6 million hits - get back to me on it when you've sifted them out.
I searched earlier this week, New Years day. Out of those 4.6 million search hits, which experiment do you find compelling?

I can't find even one experimental test that shows man can change climate. Why don't you provide a citation for the experiment you like best?

"the green troll"

#7548 Jan 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Why not use a single subject experimental design?
Because it's a design for psychology experiments?

But go on, please tell us how you would apply that design to climatology.
unbelievable

Burley, WA

#7549 Jan 6, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
it's not too late for you to sign up 'fair game', but you better hurry. maybe they will make you mayor or even supreme commander.
unbelievable things are right up your alley.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/472...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7550 Jan 6, 2013
Beauty is in the eye of beholder.
PHD

Overton, TX

#7551 Jan 6, 2013
You put your---self at risk with that comment.No beauty from you and "pinheadlitesout".
Al Kahall Ich

Wellsboro, PA

#7552 Jan 6, 2013
As long as my beer is cold the world can burn.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#7553 Jan 6, 2013
Al Kahall Ich wrote:
As long as my beer is cold the world can burn.
..... even when your beermakers burn?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min eghhed 1,129,469
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min Patriot AKA Bozo 47,600
Abby 10-30 16 min edogxxx 25
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 22 min RACE 98,568
Amy 10-31 32 min RACE 3
Abby 10-31 37 min loose cannon 9
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 38 min Cheftell 68,686
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Learn to Read 179,685

High Wind Warning for Cook County was issued at October 31 at 9:05AM CDT

Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]