Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.

Comments (Page 362)

Showing posts 7,221 - 7,240 of7,946
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
titonton divaunte pants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
tina is still arguing the fact that she posted yesterday, "the sun is a nuclear reaction." It is not.
She could not even read her own link correctly. Oh well, that's not new.
and you respond with " it is but its controlled" . She never said anything about it being controlled, but if that's your argument, it is. At least naturally by the distance from the earth, orbit, outer spiral orbit, our atmosphere, even observation according to quantum mechanics.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

There you have it again the spacedoutblues and its butt buddy"pinheadlitesout " gets another spanking.They really really don't know!!!
titonton divaunte pants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Neither do I . I'm not a scientist, not even close. But I love to read!
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

You bet the "pinheadlitesout and "spacedoutblues" are free entertainment. Nice to read the battle of the witless.
titonton divaunte pants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

I really don't argue the science of global warming. I don't like u.n. agenda 21.
I really don't want to become a slave in the name of saving the planet. Though I might agree to some more reasonable measures. Maybe give hybrid owners a tax break, or an awesome interest rate. Then again after the gm bailout, they should just give every tax payer a hybrid.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Your 38,108 posts said probably the same things.[I'm glad I did not read them all.]
It's about time that you design the experiment that you've been posting about.
What is it?
We don't want your song and dance about science or its methods.
All is required from you:
What is the experiment you want?
We made a terrarium in elementary school while learning about photosynthesis. CO2 in, O2 out. Too complicated?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
We made a terrarium in elementary school while learning about photosynthesis. CO2 in, O2 out. Too complicated?
For brian guy? Ya!

Did you see his reply to me?
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
It's not up to me to provide an experiment; I'm not a scientist.
We all know that.

You have a poorly earned hi skule deegreee, in which you chose NOT to school yourself in upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, or pre-calc. Also, your errors of 73 million TIMES, 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, & 3000 TIMES emphasize that you would have failed those classes. You have no upper class science or mathematics background, but keep repeating the first page of an eighth grade science book........ & adding nothing else.

Your statement is right,'It's not up to me to provide an experiment'.

You can't do an experiment about AGW & have no ability to properly critique science.

BBBBBUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.. ..... you are a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>It's not up to me to provide an experiment; I'm not a scientist. Besides; I'm not claiming we should restrict greenhouse gas emissions to mitigate climate change, you hold that theory. I'm just asking what experimental evidence do you have that we can mitigate climate change.
What have you got? Show me the most compelling experimental test you've found for climate change mitigation.
I had not expected more from you. Voila, I give you the brian guy of five years in Topix.

You could have got a science degree in those five years. Of course, that assumes you could be admitted to a university.

During those years you yelled about science and its methods, you could have learned how to design an experiment.

You can't design an experiment but you lament we are lacking experimental evidence. Furthermore, you demand "the most compelling test."

You are exposed, brian guy. You are something like a robot. But even those can learn.

Even in a shorter time.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
I've floated ideas.......
"steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" does the 'floaty floaty thing'.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've floated ideas for randomly emitting and sequestering large amounts of greenhouse gas at random intervals to see if a global climate temperature signal can be found caused by those independent variables.
All of them completely laughable.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
All of them completely laughable.
Do you know of any serious compelling experimental test for climate change mitigation?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
I had not expected more from you. Voila, I give you the brian guy of five years in Topix. You could have got a science degree in those five years. Of course, that assumes you could be admitted to a university. During those years you yelled about science and its methods, you could have learned how to design an experiment. You can't design an experiment but you lament we are lacking experimental evidence. Furthermore, you demand "the most compelling test." You are exposed, brian guy. You are something like a robot. But even those can learn. Even in a shorter time.
Again, I'm not a scientist; it's not my job to design experiments.

The real question is, why haven't you asked the climatologists advocating mitigation; why don't they design an experimental test to show us how it would work and how much it would cost?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
Did you know small scale greenhouse gas experiments show the greenhouse gas effect is far smaller than the IPCC's lowest estimates? The IPCC relies on flawed computer models (they haven't been reconciled by real world tests) and pseudoscience feedback effects that are also untested in the real world.

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know of any serious compelling experimental test for climate change mitigation?
Simple. Use your planet duplicator ray and time machine.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Again, I'm not a scientist; it's not my job to design experiments.
The real question is, why haven't you asked the climatologists advocating mitigation; why don't they design an experimental test to show us how it would work and how much it would cost?
You've been posting since '08 and I would guess that you have been asking the same question for 4 years. When was the last time YOU did a search for "climate change mitigation experiments"? Google gets 4.6 million hits - get back to me on it when you've sifted them out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
Is that how you think science works? Why not use a single subject experimental design?

http://scholar.google.com/scholar...

...that use single-case designs demonstrating the pertinence of this methodology in various disciplines, from psychology and medicine to business and industry.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
You've been posting since '08 and I would guess that you have been asking the same question for 4 years. When was the last time YOU did a search for "climate change mitigation experiments"? Google gets 4.6 million hits - get back to me on it when you've sifted them out.
I searched earlier this week, New Years day. Out of those 4.6 million search hits, which experiment do you find compelling?

I can't find even one experimental test that shows man can change climate. Why don't you provide a citation for the experiment you like best?

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Why not use a single subject experimental design?
Because it's a design for psychology experiments?

But go on, please tell us how you would apply that design to climatology.
unbelievable

Scio, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
it's not too late for you to sign up 'fair game', but you better hurry. maybe they will make you mayor or even supreme commander.
unbelievable things are right up your alley.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/472...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,221 - 7,240 of7,946
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

89 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min LRS 167,751
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min dem 1,037,636
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,595
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 min edogxxx 96,392
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min litesong 43,183
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 55 min Chicagobunny 510
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 58 min Chicagobunny 3,794
Amy 4-24 1 hr Kuuipo 34
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search