Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.

Comments (Page 347)

Showing posts 6,921 - 6,940 of7,946
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

If Fair Game is right and Sandy was evidence of climate change, then so is every other storm. All storms are physical proof of climate change. We've never been able to mitigate climate change, only how to adapt.

Adapt, don't mitigate.
PHD

Terrell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

There you have the scientist have made a judgment. It would be a good thing for the world if they devoted their attention to the real issues that cause not cause climate change.
Donmore

Peterborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Why does everyone believe that climate change is real? This is another government conspiracy to make us all fear for our lives and in the end give in to their needs. We had climate change before back in the 15th century when reports of snow falling until June and beginning again in September were a real thing. Only difference back then? They blamed this phenomenon on Witchcraft. They believed that witch's caused the long winters, draughts and other natural occurances because it was an easy scapegoat. Their have always been times where weather has changed and then worked itself out. The only difference now is science allows us to see every little change and we must put an explanation on everything because if you can't explain something its even scarier.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Donmore wrote:
Why does everyone believe that climate change is real? This is another government conspiracy to make us all fear for our lives and in the end give in to their needs. We had climate change before back in the 15th century when reports of snow falling until June and beginning again in September were a real thing. Only difference back then? They blamed this phenomenon on Witchcraft. They believed that witch's caused the long winters, draughts and other natural occurances because it was an easy scapegoat. Their have always been times where weather has changed and then worked itself out. The only difference now is science allows us to see every little change and we must put an explanation on everything because if you can't explain something its even scarier.
We all believe climate change is real because the climate has always been in flux. It operates much like a pendulum with periods of warming followed by period of cooling. There is nothing really that man can do about it. The natural cycles of nature.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
We all believe climate change is real because the climate has always been in flux. It operates much like a pendulum with periods of warming followed by period of cooling. There is nothing really that man can do about it. The natural cycles of nature.
Not a single sentence that you wrote is correct. Every one is WRONG.

Hey, you wrote them. Hence you are WRONG.

Man-made global climate change results from the man-made greenhouse gas emissions into our atmosphere. Have you heard of the greenhouse effect?
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Not a single sentence that you wrote is correct. Every one is WRONG.

Hey, you wrote them. Hence you are WRONG.

Man-made global climate change results from the man-made greenhouse gas emissions into our atmosphere. Have you heard of the greenhouse effect?
Are you one of those bozos who was predicting a coming ice age a few decades back and demanding we do away with things like spray deodorants as a way to prevent it?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you one of those bozos who was predicting a coming ice age a few decades back and demanding we do away with things like spray deodorants as a way to prevent it?
So you ignored my question.

Have you heard of the greenhouse effect?

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

neutral observer wrote:
Nah, he's just a know nothing bozo who likes to advertise the fact.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are referring to CFCs, that has nothing to do with global cooling or warming - it is ozone depletion. CFC migration to the upper atmosphere is estimated to take 50 years.
Man made global warming/greenhouse gasses are not only CO2, but methane (more potent than CO2) and water vapor. Our herds of ruminants are bad enough, but more warming also leads to more water vapor, and more warming can also release methane from natural sources in the tundra.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

SpaceBlues wrote:
Not a single sentence that you wrote is correct. Every one is WRONG. Hey, you wrote them. Hence you are WRONG. Man-made global climate change results from the man-made greenhouse gas emissions into our atmosphere. Have you heard of the greenhouse effect?
I haven't seen any experiment testing climate change mitigation, can you cite the most compelling experiment you know?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't seen any experiment testing climate change mitigation, can you cite the most compelling experiment you know?
Easy.

It's a conspiracy against you.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't seen any experiment testing climate change mitigation, can you cite the most compelling experiment you know?
Mitigation on a global scale? We're releasing greenhouse gasses on a global scale....

Patient: "Doctor,it hurts when I bend my arm like this... is there anything I can do for the pain?"

Doctor: "Yes. Quit doing that."
PHD

Terrell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitigation on a global scale? We're releasing greenhouse gasses on a global scale....
Patient: "Doctor,it hurts when I bend my arm like this... is there anything I can do for the pain?"
Doctor: "Yes. Quit doing that."
Are you talking to an empty chair? Kinda like talking to the dirtling and it useless babble friend the responder…
Get a Clue

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Climate change or the wrath of God? Thanks dope-smoking clowns, drug using weaklings,, sex-crazed perverts and homosexuals for bringing His anger upon us!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Actually, dirtie takes the enemy of its enemy as friend.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking to an empty chair? Kinda like talking to the dirtling and it useless babble friend the responder…
I often talk to empty chairs and as you know, they often talk back.
PHD

Terrell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I often talk to empty chairs and as you know, they often talk back.
Like the mothra, dirtling and the new kid on the block responder. They at times talk with an empty mind. Isn't it a terrible thing to waste a mind?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Get a Clue wrote:
Climate change or the wrath of God? Thanks dope-smoking clowns, drug using weaklings,, sex-crazed perverts and homosexuals for bringing His anger upon us!
Marijuana, strip joints and gays cause global warming? Let me guess - pisssed off Romney voter, right?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Get a Clue wrote:
No, it was Mitt.. his lack of regrets (“I’m very proud”), his delight at the crowds (“When you have 10,000 people cheering you, you get a real boost”), his confidence (“I just finished writing a victory speech”) and how he would reward himself in victory.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-m...
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>No, it was Mitt.. his lack of regrets (“I’m very proud”), his delight at the crowds (“When you have 10,000 people cheering you, you get a real boost”), his confidence (“I just finished writing a victory speech”) and how he would reward himself in victory.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-m...
Has not the current global warming trend been going on since the end of the last Ice Age? Is it the Neanderthal's fault for taming fire?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,921 - 6,940 of7,946
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

68 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John Galt 1,033,703
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 min CDC 47,055
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Poppo 167,532
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 31 min Sublime1 96,093
Amy 4-18 40 min j_m_w 26
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 42 min Eric 65,113
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 67,188
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search