Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real. Full Story
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7229 Nov 6, 2012
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
We all believe climate change is real because the climate has always been in flux. It operates much like a pendulum with periods of warming followed by period of cooling. There is nothing really that man can do about it. The natural cycles of nature.
Not a single sentence that you wrote is correct. Every one is WRONG.

Hey, you wrote them. Hence you are WRONG.

Man-made global climate change results from the man-made greenhouse gas emissions into our atmosphere. Have you heard of the greenhouse effect?
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#7230 Nov 6, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Not a single sentence that you wrote is correct. Every one is WRONG.

Hey, you wrote them. Hence you are WRONG.

Man-made global climate change results from the man-made greenhouse gas emissions into our atmosphere. Have you heard of the greenhouse effect?
Are you one of those bozos who was predicting a coming ice age a few decades back and demanding we do away with things like spray deodorants as a way to prevent it?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7231 Nov 6, 2012
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you one of those bozos who was predicting a coming ice age a few decades back and demanding we do away with things like spray deodorants as a way to prevent it?
So you ignored my question.

Have you heard of the greenhouse effect?

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#7232 Nov 7, 2012
neutral observer wrote:
Nah, he's just a know nothing bozo who likes to advertise the fact.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7233 Nov 7, 2012
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are referring to CFCs, that has nothing to do with global cooling or warming - it is ozone depletion. CFC migration to the upper atmosphere is estimated to take 50 years.
Man made global warming/greenhouse gasses are not only CO2, but methane (more potent than CO2) and water vapor. Our herds of ruminants are bad enough, but more warming also leads to more water vapor, and more warming can also release methane from natural sources in the tundra.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#7234 Nov 7, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
Not a single sentence that you wrote is correct. Every one is WRONG. Hey, you wrote them. Hence you are WRONG. Man-made global climate change results from the man-made greenhouse gas emissions into our atmosphere. Have you heard of the greenhouse effect?
I haven't seen any experiment testing climate change mitigation, can you cite the most compelling experiment you know?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7235 Nov 7, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't seen any experiment testing climate change mitigation, can you cite the most compelling experiment you know?
Easy.

It's a conspiracy against you.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#7236 Nov 7, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't seen any experiment testing climate change mitigation, can you cite the most compelling experiment you know?
Mitigation on a global scale? We're releasing greenhouse gasses on a global scale....

Patient: "Doctor,it hurts when I bend my arm like this... is there anything I can do for the pain?"

Doctor: "Yes. Quit doing that."
PHD

Overton, TX

#7237 Nov 7, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitigation on a global scale? We're releasing greenhouse gasses on a global scale....
Patient: "Doctor,it hurts when I bend my arm like this... is there anything I can do for the pain?"
Doctor: "Yes. Quit doing that."
Are you talking to an empty chair? Kinda like talking to the dirtling and it useless babble friend the responder…
Get a Clue

Chicago, IL

#7238 Nov 7, 2012
Climate change or the wrath of God? Thanks dope-smoking clowns, drug using weaklings,, sex-crazed perverts and homosexuals for bringing His anger upon us!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7239 Nov 7, 2012
Actually, dirtie takes the enemy of its enemy as friend.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#7240 Nov 7, 2012
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking to an empty chair? Kinda like talking to the dirtling and it useless babble friend the responder…
I often talk to empty chairs and as you know, they often talk back.
PHD

Overton, TX

#7241 Nov 7, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I often talk to empty chairs and as you know, they often talk back.
Like the mothra, dirtling and the new kid on the block responder. They at times talk with an empty mind. Isn't it a terrible thing to waste a mind?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#7242 Nov 7, 2012
Get a Clue wrote:
Climate change or the wrath of God? Thanks dope-smoking clowns, drug using weaklings,, sex-crazed perverts and homosexuals for bringing His anger upon us!
Marijuana, strip joints and gays cause global warming? Let me guess - pisssed off Romney voter, right?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7243 Nov 7, 2012
Get a Clue wrote:
No, it was Mitt.. his lack of regrets (“I’m very proud”), his delight at the crowds (“When you have 10,000 people cheering you, you get a real boost”), his confidence (“I just finished writing a victory speech”) and how he would reward himself in victory.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-m...
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#7244 Nov 7, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>No, it was Mitt.. his lack of regrets (“I’m very proud”), his delight at the crowds (“When you have 10,000 people cheering you, you get a real boost”), his confidence (“I just finished writing a victory speech”) and how he would reward himself in victory.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-m...
Has not the current global warming trend been going on since the end of the last Ice Age? Is it the Neanderthal's fault for taming fire?
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#7245 Nov 7, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are referring to CFCs, that has nothing to do with global cooling or warming - it is ozone depletion. CFC migration to the upper atmosphere is estimated to take 50 years.
Man made global warming/greenhouse gasses are not only CO2, but methane (more potent than CO2) and water vapor. Our herds of ruminants are bad enough, but more warming also leads to more water vapor, and more warming can also release methane from natural sources in the tundra.
The herds of ruminants? Are you suggesting the wiping out of the bison herds in both North America and Eurasia was somehow good for the environment? Is the same true of African buffalo, antelope, etc?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7246 Nov 7, 2012
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Has not the current global warming trend been going on since the end of the last Ice Age? Is it the Neanderthal's fault for taming fire?
Are you going to post what you believe erroneously or learn anew a little?

Fire is part of the natural events on Earth. However, ever-increasing emissions of greenhouse gases by human activities are not. Thus, the greenhouse effect that I repeat to you. So contrary to what you believe the current warming is man-made. Otherwise there would be cooling.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#7247 Nov 7, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
it was Mitt.. his lack of regrets (“I’m very proud”), his delight at the crowds (“When you have 10,000 people cheering you, you get a real boost”), his confidence (“I just finished writing a victory speech”) and how he would reward himself in victory.
From the article:

Why Romney lost:

Over in Chicago, the Obama campaign had invited 10,000 to fill the floor of the McCormick Place convention center.

Romney’s election-night event was in a ballroom.....that could accommodate a few hundred. Most men wore jacket and tie; women donned dresses and heels. Secret Service agents blocked reporters from mixing with the Romney supporters as they sipped cocktails and nibbled canapes.

Romney had spent nearly two years, and hundreds of millions of dollars, trying to convince Americans that he wasn’t an out-of-touch millionaire unconcerned about the little people —
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#7248 Nov 7, 2012
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
From the article:
Why Romney lost:
Over in Chicago, the Obama campaign had invited 10,000 to fill the floor of the McCormick Place convention center.
Romney’s election-night event was in a ballroom.....that could accommodate a few hundred. Most men wore jacket and tie; women donned dresses and heels. Secret Service agents blocked reporters from mixing with the Romney supporters as they sipped cocktails and nibbled canapes.
Romney had spent nearly two years, and hundreds of millions of dollars, trying to convince Americans that he wasn’t an out-of-touch millionaire unconcerned about the little people —
No. Mitt spent most of that time trying to make the tea-baggers forget that as governor of Massachusetts he was pro abortion rights, pro gay rights, pro gun control, pro sanctuary cities for undocumented aliens...

He was pretty much an Obama clone. Remember that he was the proud papa of Romneycare. Obama was merely Obomneycare's step-dad.

He lost because he started talking like a nativist wack-job to placate the border nazis. For some reason this turned off otherwise socially conservative Hispanics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Yeah 1,153,941
kalyan single jodi callll-08339890226 24 min susil bhai 1
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 41 min joey 86
428 homicides in 2013 1 hr joey 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Mothra 49,184
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Sunshine 181,798
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 5 hr Roxie Darling 361
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr cheluzal 98,851
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News